Do I have a shot at competing?

sonny4753

sonny4753

Awards
OK, I've read the other threads, anyone can walk on stage...I get it.

I'm curious for feedback from those who have competed. I've never been to a show (I understand I should go to one if I plan to take this to the next level).

As of January 7th:

6' 209 approx 11% bf

NOTE: these pics are from today and I just started back in the gym (day 3 back) after being sick for 7 days no working out, bed rest 2 of those days and I've dropped 3lbs.

Bought a poser a while back to get an idea of how I look in it. That's what all this work is for right?

My story, started 10 years ago, I'm 33 now (just turned), and was 6' (obviously I haven't strunk) 155 and 17% bf.

So I'd like to think I've made major gains.

Hamstrings, I've lost, I can do a 315lb straight leg deadlift 10x and crush my hamstrings in all different ways but they just don't show...any suggestions? I mean it's there, just not as big as I would want.

sonny4753

sonny4753

Awards
Wow, I feel stupid, not one comment, I guess it is back to the drawing board lol.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You have a good foundation for competing. You need to diet down more to see what cuts will show in your hams.

I agree with going to some shows and seeing what the judges are looking for. Maybe find a trainer that helps with competitions and posing. Snagagency here did shows, he is middle of a recomp so you could check his thread and see what his advice might be.

sonny4753

sonny4753

Awards
You have a good foundation for competing. You need to diet down more to see what cuts will show in your hams.

I agree with going to some shows and seeing what the judges are looking for. Maybe find a trainer that helps with competitions and posing. Snagagency here did shows, he is middle of a recomp so you could check his thread and see what his advice might be.

Awesome, thanks for the advice.

OK, I've seen the term a few times, what is recomp? I'm gathering it means to recomposition your body, which is foreign to me.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, thanks for the advice.

OK, I've seen the term a few times, what is recomp? I'm gathering it means to recomposition your body, which is foreign to me.
A recomp is when you are putting on lean muscle. Keeping the fat down. Diet is still clean, etc..

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Hamstrings, I've lost, I can do a 315lb straight leg deadlift 10x and crush my hamstrings in all different ways but they just don't show...any suggestions? I mean it's there, just not as big as I would want.
slow concentrated leg curls bro

standing and lying are the best IMHO

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can't give you any advice without a visual!

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
So if he puts pics up and takes them down, does that mean he will get on stage, strike a few poses, and then disappear?