can i compete?

  1. New Member
    nickd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

    can i compete?


    ok so i have been lifting for nearly 7 years making solid gains. when i started i was 137lbs and i just broke the 200lbs mark. i have always maintained a clean bulk, however i just recently started a bulk where im trying to get up to 230 for my first show in july. couple of quick question is where do i need to improve on? i know my lats need some thinkness but the pictures are not the best. also i have done 2 ph cycles, the first being oxodrol and the second being spawn. looking to do 1 or two more what do you suggest, like i said im looking to hit 230ish so i can begin my contest prep. thanks in advanced.
    not able to post pictures yet so my few photos are in my gallery

  2. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1503
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Front and back lats as well as lower lats, outer bicep, and rear delts to be selective. That 30lbs you are talking about adding is going to be tough. I am not sure you can add 30lb and then cut to 3%bf from now until July. That is asking way too much.

    Also, what do your calves/hams/glutes look like? This is a big big part of judging.

    Also, how tall are you and what is your weight?
  3. New Member
    nickd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

    i am 5'10" 203 as of this morning, i agree that 30lbs is alot but my body fat has always been low and i am now finally not worrying about being such a clean bulk and eating really clean but 5-6k cals daily. i am going to keep my goals high as i know i will have no issue cutting to sub 5% body fat levels. no pics of calfs and rear hams. seem to be average to the rest of my body.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Of course you can compete. Whether or not you do well is a different story.
  5. New Member
    nickd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Of course you can compete. Whether or not you do well is a different story.
    well im not looking to just do average, i want to make sure im in the best condition possible and would like to have a chance to be competitive.
  6. Elite Member
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,237
    Rep Power
    38250
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    8.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I assume your looking to do a Natty NPC or NGA show? Need more pictures of real poses to be able to give a fair judge.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  7. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1503
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Competing, and being competitive are two completely different things. Anyone can compete, whether or not they give anyone a run is another story. What you want to do is just make sure you are super conditioned, better than the latter.

    Another tip is to just make sure you have better wheels than everyone else. This is what separates the men from the boys in NPC most of the time. Also, I think you need to pick a weight class and shoot for your stage weight to fall into that class. At 5'10", you shouldn't be shooting for anything less than the highest weight possible in the middleweight class. If I remember right, I think middle weight goes up to 187lbs in novice NPC comps. That is after you cut down to 3-5% and lose 6-10lbs of water.

    Lets just say at 208lbs, your bf is roughly 10%. In order to get down to at least 5%, you would need to lose 10.4lbs of fat. Keep in mind you would most likely lose a little muscle while doing this. After that, cut 6-10lbs of water and you are 187.6-191.6lbs. That would be an awesome weight for you to go in at. Even if you could pull off a couple more pounds and go in at the top of middleweight.

    Giving the fact that you have time, I say pack on a few more lbs of lean mass. Don't worry yourself with putting on 30lbs, because you are not going to be Denis Wolff in the next 6 months.
  8. New Member
    nickd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    Competing, and being competitive are two completely different things. Anyone can compete, whether or not they give anyone a run is another story. What you want to do is just make sure you are super conditioned, better than the latter.

    Another tip is to just make sure you have better wheels than everyone else. This is what separates the men from the boys in NPC most of the time. Also, I think you need to pick a weight class and shoot for your stage weight to fall into that class. At 5'10", you shouldn't be shooting for anything less than the highest weight possible in the middleweight class. If I remember right, I think middle weight goes up to 187lbs in novice NPC comps. That is after you cut down to 3-5% and lose 6-10lbs of water.

    Lets just say at 208lbs, your bf is roughly 10%. In order to get down to at least 5%, you would need to lose 10.4lbs of fat. Keep in mind you would most likely lose a little muscle while doing this. After that, cut 6-10lbs of water and you are 187.6-191.6lbs. That would be an awesome weight for you to go in at. Even if you could pull off a couple more pounds and go in at the top of middleweight.

    Giving the fact that you have time, I say pack on a few more lbs of lean mass. Don't worry yourself with putting on 30lbs, because you are not going to be Denis Wolff in the next 6 months.
    thats exactly what i was looking for, i guess i need to do a little more reasearch on the weight classes and what i would like to come in at. i was think of trying to stay 200ish contest weight if possible. i know i need another 5-10 lbs in my back and legs and yes my main focus are thoes two. i know most people lack thoes two areas and judging from the pictures from last years show a lot of guys could have had better legs.
  9. Elite Member
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,237
    Rep Power
    38250
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    8.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    look for your states NPC organization. It will give more specifics about testing ,etc. you can also view pictures of the competitors who placed in your weight/height class to see what you should somewhat resemble
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  10. New Member
    nickd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    look for your states NPC organization. It will give more specifics about testing ,etc. you can also view pictures of the competitors who placed in your weight/height class to see what you should somewhat resemble
    your the man!!!!!!!!!! thanks
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Could I compete?
    By drivehard in forum Pics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 04:27 PM
  2. 1-T and superdrol compete
    By odysseus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 06:43 PM
  3. I Want To Compete In 15 Months Out
    By Brolic in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
  4. Tested Powerlifting meets??To compete or Not to compete?
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 10:13 PM
  5. To Compete, or Not To Compete?
    By HARDtotheCORE in forum Pics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 08:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in