Transformation

LardLad

Awards
man you gotta tell me what kind of diet you used, great job. Are you getting ready to compete?

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Alex,.. "What is shredded?!!!" Seriously, you already looked great, now whew, looks like an ocelot tore you up!!!

Salem

Salem

Awards
man you gotta tell me what kind of diet you used, great job. Are you getting ready to compete?
just wanna see how lean I can reach. I am far away from a competition yet, hehhe.....what i did was reducing carbs gradually and doing intensive cardio after weights...patience is the greastest virtue in bodybuilding.....

LardLad

Awards
Thanks for the info on the diet, I am currently trying to lower my carbs. I was a NPC judge in the Alabama/Georgia area for 10 years. From my experience I would guess that you would place very high in your weight class assuming you back is anywhere on par with your chest, legs, ect (and I can't imagine that it is not). My training parter then was a master's national champion in the light weight and middle weight divisions. I always thought he looked better as a light weight becasue he was so ripped and grainy, all the best ,great job!

ps I use to compete at my best from 187 - 195, I never have done any cardio, what type do you do and how long do you do it? thanks again

Salem

Salem

Awards
Thanks for the info on the diet, I am currently trying to lower my carbs. I was a NPC judge in the Alabama/Georgia area for 10 years. From my experience I would guess that you would place very high in your weight class assuming you back is anywhere on par with your chest, legs, ect (and I can't imagine that it is not). My training parter then was a master's national champion in the light weight and middle weight divisions. I always thought he looked better as a light weight becasue he was so ripped and grainy, all the best ,great job!

ps I use to compete at my best from 187 - 195, I never have done any cardio, what type do you do and how long do you do it? thanks again
I am flattered, your comment really encourages me to work harder. My back is not thick enough though, a lower back injury pushes me away from bb row and deadlift. My diet was quiet simple. First, I avoided any simple carbs at night and ate only veg, meat, and protein shake. I chose high quality sustained released protein powder and spread about at least 4 shakes a day. Meanwhile, I started my cardio on elliptical for a minimum 25mins. When I am stuck, I would either increase the time of cardio, or cut off the simple carbs of a ealier meal. For my size, height,and metabolism, I don't need so much carbs, so it is a pain in ass to watch others digging in pizza while I am dieting.

Attachments

LardLad

Awards
brother I don't see a thing wrong with those back shots, the double bicep looks particularly great! I think while deadlifts, ect. are great for strenght and stimulating overall size, I never have seen many powerlifters who were also bodybuilders and did not fare well in the judges circle (at least not in the circle I judged in) because of thick obliques, and lower back muscles which imo can make symmetry suffer. We judged equally on symmetry, muscularity, and definition. One time I thought I was going to be jumped on by a 240 lb competor when I told him he needed to lose about 20 lbs of muscle that he had in the wrong places. I don't think he ever won a constest, his ego got in the way, bigger is not always better, class not mass. keep going you look great!

LardLad

Awards
hey I ment to say I have seen many powerlifters that did not fare well due to overmuscled obliques and lower back muscles. and I agree it does Pi.. you off to see some guy eating pizza and getting cut, oh well different metabolisms.

Roguetrader

Roguetrader

Awards
Awesome pics, how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow very impressive

diezel

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the hard work. Was the end of the day the only time took out carbs? Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post.

Salem

Salem

Awards
Congrats on the hard work. Was the end of the day the only time took out carbs? Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post.
depend on ur metabolism, the slower urs needs earlier of the carbs cut off....for me it's best to cut off carbs around 6 pm

rab71

rab71

Awards
You and I are the same height. You have a build I am really working for. Being 38 and just getting back into it, this may take a bit extra time. How often do you work your legs? I have lower back issues as well but I just work through it. I enjoy deadlifts even though I suffer the next day terribly. Great job, you look awsome.

xink

Awards
  • Established
Sick work man, really impressive! I agree, your back looks ridiculous, especially in that second shot; your back has a six pack!

You have a build I am really working for.
He has a build most people are looking for. ;)