drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
starting: 186 lbs

2 months: 191 lbs

4 months:181 lbs

current:187 lbs

was reminiscing through my old photos and thought i would share jsut for shits and giggles
post what you want or not at all. dun care here =D

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
good progress so far, def some solid changes... but 405 squat? come on...

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
workin on gettin a vid squattin it for my log....ill send you the link when i get it up

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
back from gym. i tested my back nice and let to make sure i could handle the weight and i decided that as long as i keep strict form that i'm good to go.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
oh and for squats i don't regularly have a spotter so i use this for my squats to go heavy weight....don't know how much of a difference it makes besides that it helps keep form.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
oh and for squats i don't regularly have a spotter so i use this for my squats to go heavy weight....don't know how much of a difference it makes besides that it helps keep form.

BIG difference.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't really consider those squats.
it's a hack squat machine.
the two are completly different.
when someone says they did squats.....i assume it's with a bar + plates.

btw. nice progress thus far! :thumbsup:

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
the one next to it is called the hack squat machine though...lol

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I could probably squat 1000 lbs with that machine. But nice progress with the lifting, goodluck.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ugh. that saddens me a bit. but i'm not going to get down about it. i've worked up the muscle, now time for the fast twitch lol.
wish me luck

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
don't be sad, just ask someone that knows what there doing to spot you real quick while you check your squat max. I'm quite sure it wouldn't be a problem

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
its like a 5 degree angle just sayin. squat machine? lol
and on the hack squat machine i can put up 540 5x and i can notice different areas being worked.

Bigguy851

Bigguy851

Awards
gym

Bro what la fitness do u workout in. That picture is just like the gym I workout at.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established

big big big difference bro. Don't ever use those things. You don't get near the "full body" workout using those that you would with squats. There is no need for stabilizer muscles to be activated with that "thing"

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
thanks everyone. will not use the squat machine any more

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
thanks everyone. will not use the squat machine any more
Squatting is where it's at!

Good luck perfecting the technique.. remember to sit back into the squat... don't just let your knees bend, you basically move your center of gravity back and lower your body into it.. keep your abs tight throughout the movement, and take a deep breath before you go down to be increase intrathoracic pressure.. It's fine to breathe out as you enter the concentric phase of the lift, do so slowly. Anyway, that's just a basic outline, and in no way concludes everything there is to know/do about squatting.

Sorry if you knew all that already, it's just that I know squat is a difficult movement to get right.. and I know that the basic outline I just gave has helped me a lot.

Griff55

Griff55

Banned
Awards

Damn i remember those...they were nice... in college the coach makes sure that ass touches the ground lol.

...I like the fat chick in the back too:toofunny:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
that'd be a power squat machine if i remember correctly. they're nice and there's no reason you shouldn't use it, as long as you're using it correctly and getting good stimulation out of it. i'm as much of a stickler for good ol' regular squats as the next guy, but that shouldn't deter you from taking advantage of good equipment.

fyi, i powersquatted over 1200lbs for reps before. my best regular squat is in the vid in my sig, 585. so, no, not the same by any means.

Griff55

Griff55

Banned
Awards
that'd be a power squat machine if i remember correctly. they're nice and there's no reason you shouldn't use it, as long as you're using it correctly and getting good stimulation out of it. i'm as much of a stickler for good ol' regular squats as the next guy, but that shouldn't deter you from taking advantage of good equipment.

fyi, i powersquatted over 1200lbs for reps before. my best regular squat is in the vid in my sig, 585. so, no, not the same by any means.

beast.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
Damn i remember those...they were nice... in college the coach makes sure that ass touches the ground lol.

...I like the fat chick in the back too:toofunny:
lol that was my old goegraphy teacher in high school....Mrs. Phipps lol:donut:

Griff55

Griff55

Banned
Awards
lol that was my old goegraphy teacher in high school....Mrs. Phipps lol:donut:
yea...shes a tank, not sure if those inclined stair reps are gunna do much, you should tell her to hit the treadmill.:rofl:

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ehhhh. i aint got those kind of balls.
why you red?
*don't see too many people in the red here on AM.com......and only a month into being here, not such a great start you know

Griff55

Griff55

Banned
Awards
ehhhh. i aint got those kind of balls.
why you red?
*don't see too many people in the red here on AM.com......and only a month into being here, not such a great start you know

ahh got into a heated discussion about prohormones and prolly said some sh1t i shouldnt have, and got infractions about discussing it because im 18 :rasp:

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ya i just went over your previous posts and read them. some guys you just don't argue with.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
Squats today: 1x5 180, 2x5 270, 1x5 315
(vid of the highest only :D )

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Sorry drumma, but those are hardly close to parallel..

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
wow. Drumma seriously they are not squats. Your legs are not going to get any bigger or stronger doing squats like that. You are completely wasting your time, i find it funny that you even posted them in the first place. Welcome to flame city.

Id be very suprised if you could even full squat 225lbs just once.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
um yeah brutha, it's time to do some real squats for a change. kudos to you for posting up a vid though, at least you have the balls to post up while the majority keep talking their ****. but seriously though bro, start over with some real squats (parallel) and work your way back up. yeah, your ego will take a hit for a little while but your strength will go up fast and before you know it, you'll be going ass to grass with that exact same weight and noone can say **** to you.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If that is the gym's personal trainer, I would fire his ass.
Sorry, DB, but you are wasting your time doing squats like that. Learn proper form, do them right - grow.
Props for the video, at least.

Griff55

Griff55

Banned
Awards
So you're ok with being a little *****? Why even waste your time trying to squat like that?

Stop ego lifting and use a weight you can actually move properly.

Wow... shut the hell up and die in a fire jerk.

Drumma, i used to squat like that man, im not going to hate. But i got in college and learned the real way, its alot harder and youre going to hate it but it will make you bigger and stronger once you get the proper form down.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established

Drumma, i used to squat like that man, im not going to hate. But i got in college and learned the real way, its alot harder and youre going to hate it but it will make you bigger and stronger once you get the proper form down.
You gonna cry?

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Whoaaaa, no you didn't!

And NEGGED!

Don't tell someone to, "die in a fire."

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
:rofl:

I would recommend dropping to weight to something like 95 - 135 and work on form. Watch some Youtube videos of guys squatting correctly.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
exageration?

just a friend of mine...(obviously didn't want to chop on my form lol)
Not at all. There is a massive difference between your squats and going ass to grass (or even parallel). Believe it or not people are trying to help you here. You will not grow a single millimetre with the style of squats you are doing.

Vid yourself full squating 225 and i will happily eat my words.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
Not at all. There is a massive difference between your squats and going ass to grass (or even parallel). Believe it or not people are trying to help you here. You will not grow a single millimetre with the style of squats you are doing.

Vid yourself full squating 225 and i will happily eat my words.
gimme 2 days.:clean:

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
exageration?

just a friend of mine...(obviously didn't want to chop on my form lol)
Friends don't let friends squat 1/4 of the way.:blink::trout:

But seriously u need to drop the weight and squat all the way. I usually don't see people squat correctly so it's not like your the only one. look up some vids and show everyone at the gym that u know what ur doing.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
wow, tough crowd, but at least honest. My dad always said: "It's not what you say, but how you say it" With that being said, no need to bash the guy, just give constructive criticism without trying to kill the guy's motivation. I know you all will be all over me for posting this, and that is fine, I expect it. I am sure not all of you started out in the right direction. Now that I said that, drummaz, what the hell you thinking posting that dang vid (lol) JK. Keep moving forward, and even though the guys beat on you, they mean well, and they do offer good advice. I salute you for the taking it on the chin so well.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
He squats exactly how i did at 19, if only i had someone to shoot me in the right direction then i wouldn't have wasted so much time. I even arm curl less now then what i did in highschool. God knows how dumb i looked.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow, tough crowd, but at least honest. My dad always said: "It's not what you say, but how you say it" With that being said, no need to bash the guy, just give constructive criticism without trying to kill the guy's motivation. I know you all will be all over me for posting this, and that is fine, I expect it. I am sure not all of you started out in the right direction. Now that I said that, drummaz, what the hell you thinking posting that dang vid (lol) JK. Keep moving forward, and even though the guys beat on you, they mean well, and they do offer good advice. I salute you for the taking it on the chin so well.
Sugar coatings are for the bakery, and I don't smell any cake in here. - That’s what my father would say.

He is taking it like a champ, though. And the fact that he is going to correct it speaks volumes on his dedication.
Proper form is too important to me; I could careless how much he can squat, just as long as he is progressively pushing forward in the correct form.
Good for you, DB!
:thumbsup:
Your maturity level is good for your age.