Could I compete?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
So...thinking of competing sometime next year just for fun. What do I need to focus on? Do I have a chance?

My sister took the pics, and was not comfortable with me in my skivvies, so hence no pants off pics (sorry).

This is how I look on a daily basis...no special cutting. How much more fat should I lose? What % do you estimate I am at now?

Attachments

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You've obviously got size but you've also got a few weak points. We also would need to see your legs.

But, of course you could compete! No one is perfect.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could always become lead singer of Black Flag.

/that's a compliment, BTW

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
ps- what do you for lat workouts? I'd love to have your lat thickness

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
You've obviously got size but you've also got a few weak points. We also would need to see your legs.

But, of course you could compete! No one is perfect.
What are my weak points? I guess that was a big point of what I was looking for. I think its hardest to look at yourself and see them.

Lat workout:

I do heavy lat pull downs once a week (Monday on bench day). I use three different bars/grips. Wide palms forward, Wide with palms in, and narrow palms in. I only do each grip once a week...so three week rotation

225 x 10
250 x 8
275 x 8
300 x 6 to 8 (two sets at this weight)

I also do 50 pullups every M, W in 4 sets

On Friday I do weighted pullups:
bodyweight x 15
+25 lbs x 10
+35 lbs x 10
+45 lbs x 8 to 10
+55 lbs x 8 to 10
bodyweight to failure (15 to 20)

Thats it for lats...

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
You could always become lead singer of Black Flag.

/that's a compliment, BTW

Thats funny...Henry Rollin's quote "The Iron" are some of the strongest words I live by.

rob561

rob561

Awards
  • Established
great back!! i think if you leaned up u would def be a competitior

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont really see any weak points provided you have legs. Id say you are at 10% probably have to drop 10lbs or so. Im not expert on getting comp ready by all means just estimating. Back is thick bro! You kinda prove the point on the importance of pullups for back lats.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
u can not compete, bc ur scared of posting in ur skivvies.. SHOW LEGS.. NICE LaTS

Drzjoint

Awards
you have good potential. I am not sure what your diet is like but if you want to compete that is the hardest thing about being a body builder i think. as far as things for you to work on i would say you need to fill in and cap off your delts. fill in the rear delts to tie your shgoulders in with your back. also get your waist small looks like you have potential for a distended stomach.

TEAR57

TEAR57

Awards
u can not compete, bc ur scared of posting in ur skivvies.. SHOW LEGS.. NICE LaTS
Dont be a silly bastard Brolic he said his sister was uncomfortable with seeing him in his skivs.

Lookin good dude Get some leg pics though

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I see this thread is from last year, I don't know when you last posted drive,.. but anyways, I've seen smaller people win comps,.. so lean up a bit and you could def compete!!!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I didn't notice that this post was that old! Wonder what ever happened to this guy!?

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Im an NPC Judge, and I critique literally hundreds of bodybuilders and figure gals every year....In all honesty, I wouldnt even begin to tell you that you have a good or bad physique because even though the pics are great from an artistic standpoint, they are worthless from a bodybuilding standpoint....for instance, I cant tell where your lat insertions are to determine what type of taper you have....(makes a huge difference when standing "relaxed" in the front pose) I cant tell what your shoulder to waist ratio looks like.....I cant tell much about your arms because all the angles are deceiving, and obviously your legs are a mystery.

Having said that, I DO think you could bring a nice package to the stage, provided you dial it all in....Good Luck if you do.

holy

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I'm still here guys!

Thanks for the comments. I have still been working hard. I have been trying to get my rear delts up some...and am making some good progress on it.

DRZjoint - what do you mean by your comment about the distended stomach? I have to admit the pics were taken after a night of drinking...so that might have something to do with that???

I'm still working on getting some leg pics up. I am going to see my sister again mid March, and will see if I can convince her to take some better pics. Besides legs, what are some good poses you would like to see? I have NO IDEA!

How do I "get my waist small"?

Any other suggestions for my next round of pics?

Thanks guys!
Drivehard

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
any new pics yet?
Not yet...sister is married to a farmer, and lives 3 hours away...hard to find time right now, as she is helping out in the fields. I will get it done though!!!