I think I may have twisted my ankle...

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
...but who knows. Maybe just a one legged sunburn?

this is gonna set back the cardio.

Happened while stumbling/falling out of a car last friday night (picture taken this morning). I wasnt driving, dont freak out

dice404

Awards
you should probably get an x-ray

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yuck!!! That is gross!!

No break huh, some of the worst swelling I've ever had had no breaks and the time my foot was crushed and broke in 3 places and the bones slid to the right I had no swelling! Weird!

I hope you heal quickly! Prop that up and ice it!!!

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
all those fags gave me was a prescription for Ibuprofen 800s

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
What were you doing falling out of a car on a friday night?

I think there's more to this story...

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thats one nasty looking ankle/foot. Wrap it, keep it elevated, and ice. Lots and lots of ice!

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What were you doing falling out of a car on a friday night?

I think there's more to this story...
haha I was at a rediculously out of hand party at one of Rober Redfords cabins at Sundance. I dont know who was supposed to be in charge, but this place was getting f*cked up BAD!
anywho, first time i've ever not remembered a night. I hear I drank 1+ liters of Crown. The ankle happened trying to get out of a car on a steep driveway. classy, i know

ranel2220

ranel2220

Awards
i had this type of injury back in january and been using crutches for over 4 weeks cause i teared almost every ligaments in my ankle. so lots of ice, keep it elevated and wrap it up during your sleep to prevent swelling and reduce it

Tyler1

Tyler1

Awards
whoooa...ARE YOU SERIOUS? That looks like somebody elses leg. If it's still in bad shape go get a 2nd opinion and some real painkillers.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whoooa...ARE YOU SERIOUS? That looks like somebody elses leg. If it's still in bad shape go get a 2nd opinion and some real painkillers.
i had perfect lighting to make it look terrible, and it was slightly forward and up from the other one making it look even bigger lol

but an xray doesnt lie. if he missed something it would just be hairline cracks. I dont really understand why, but the swelling is the worst in my foot, and keeps staying really tight up by my toes

Fear

Fear

Awards
i had perfect lighting to make it look terrible, and it was slightly forward and up from the other one making it look even bigger lol

but an xray doesnt lie. if he missed something it would just be hairline cracks. I dont really understand why, but the swelling is the worst in my foot, and keeps staying really tight up by my toes
Even a hairline fracture in that area is something that should not be overlooked. Believe it or not, I fractured my fibula (bone in the back of the shin) as well as all of my toes after I twisted my ankle last year. I was totally out for a good 3 months, my biggest setback yet. I hope you don't have to go through all that crap man, physical therapy is a real bitc*.

Be careful when drunk and/or after an intense leg workout... I killed my legs in the gym after not working them out for a long time, lost my balance while running around, and ended up paying for it...

EDIT: When I broke my leg, it looked exactly like how yours looks in the picture... hence my concern.

Tyler1

Tyler1

Awards

I'd be tempted top stick a pin in it and see if ti pops :) .

That looks like a ton of fun, get well, I can't belive they didn't give you some real painkillers.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd be tempted top stick a pin in it and see if ti pops :) .

That looks like a ton of fun, get well, I can't belive they didn't give you some real painkillers.
I didnt really need any. Had they given me some I still would have just used advil and saved the good stuff for a later date :djparty:

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Starting to feel like I may have broken one or more toes up towards the end of my foot. i'll give it a day or two and see how it feels.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Ouch bro. That looks like it hurts. Go get it check out. Best of luck.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Foot's still f*ucked

but on the brightside, I became an uncle today :)

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I can't belive they didn't give you some real painkillers.
Painkillers = no pain in foot = walk on it = make it worse.... Broke my foot about three months ago... Doc told me that crazy line..
So also no painkillers for me :sad:

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
true true, to a certain extent, pain is your friend

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
With a little help from my dads Rife machine, I'm already jogging on that b!tch :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Any extremity injury warrants a 3-view x-ray(A/P, Lateral.) I'm sure they did this though. The important aspect is there is no obvious fracture. You need to rest it, and stay off it as much as possible right now.

The swelling is most likely more significant because you're keeping it in a dependent position. Elevate that bad boy!

R: Rest
I: Ice (For the first 24 hours after the injury, then apply heat)
C: Compress (Hopefully they gave you some type of stirrup ankle splint/Ace Wrap. If not, get either one at walgreens)
E: Elevate

:D

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Hey hows the ankle doin? Hopefully its healin up quick.