Blacksmith Photo Gallery

Blacksmith

Awards
For you Bro's that don't know me etc.....
6', 37 yrs old
Photos attached are from July of 2002.
I'll update shortly as I bulk up.
Trying to get to 235 lbs currently 220 lbs
Photo weight is 194 lbs.

Attachments

Last edited:

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Looks good. But you know one thing I don't like is that how people like to be so dark. Is it juts becasue everyone else is that you have to do or what.. Other than that nice work... You put me to shame... Thanx.. hehehehe :p Talk to ya..

Blacksmith

Awards
Looks good. But you know one thing I don't like is that how people like to be so dark.
The darker the skin the more the muscle stands out.
And when you are under really bright lights,
You can really look washed out without a dark tan.
Especially in a pose down.

Washes off easy BTW.

DarCSA

Awards
You look good bro. You have any plans on taking it to another level or are you happy with how you look now. PS I need some horseshoes

Blacksmith

Awards
You have any plans on taking it to another level or are you happy with how you look now.
I'm always looking to improve.
The good bro's who already posted on this thread are
some of the vets that helped
me get to this point with their knowledge and support.

As far as the next level,
well that would be competing in an IFBB or NPC level.
Unfortunately as a "natural" contender, natural = legal supps,
there's no way to compete in that forum without doing
AAS.

I haven't decided if I'll move in that direction.

I'm going to do 1 or 2 "natural" shows this year hopefully.
I'll try to come in at 205-210 lbs,which in itself will
be a significant improvement from last year.

After that, who knows ?
Maybe I'll check into a room
at Wardog's cattle ranch :D .

Last edited:

b-boy

Awards
sup bro

nice job bro, first off the color really counts...lol the darker the better you look on stage.. i went and seen str8 from bb.com compete and he was too lite that made him look softer than he really was.  You looked good in the photos bro, my only critique would be bring the legs in harder, the legs make a big difference in the outcome of a show, (hardness of legs) this is especially true in womens bodybuilding. 2nd you can always shoot to become a natural pro, they make decent money and even guys like skip make real decent money, there are many natural organizations out there and the chance to become a pro is pretty good, the show i went to see (str8's) the overall winner in that show got their procard.. but if you decide to take the other route then go for it, just educate yourself as much as possible, before jumping in..lol   good luck.

Blacksmith

Awards
Re: sup bro

Originally posted by b-boy
You looked good in the photos bro, my only critique would be bring the legs in harder, the legs make a big difference in the outcome of a show, (hardness of legs) this is especially true in womens bodybuilding. 2nd you can always shoot to become a natural pro, they make decent money and even guys like skip make real decent money,
Yeah that's my weakness and why I always push people to work legs.When I first started BB I never worked legs. Now I train them more. Adding in walking lunges has really helped the definition lately. So I here ya , Thanks.

As far as the money goes. Well I like BB as a hobby. I think trying to making money off it would take the fun out of it for me, but who knows .

Thanks again for the input bro :)

ChaseRoy

Awards
Re: sup bro

nice job bro, first off the color really counts...lol the darker the better you look on stage.. i went and seen str8 from bb.com compete and he was too lite that made him look softer than he really was.  You looked good in the photos bro, my only critique would be bring the legs in harder, the legs make a big difference in the outcome of a show, (hardness of legs) this is especially true in womens bodybuilding. 2nd you can always shoot to become a natural pro, they make decent money and even guys like skip make real decent money, there are many natural organizations out there and the chance to become a pro is pretty good, the show i went to see (str8's) the overall winner in that show got their procard.. but if you decide to take the other route then go for it, just educate yourself as much as possible, before jumping in..lol   good luck.
Before I start you all must realize that none of this is a slam.  B-Boy, you do nothonestly think Skip is natural!!!!  Those pros just do not use as much, they have all used in the past if they are not still using occassionally!  Remember when Skip tried doing the "drug" shows and got blown away?  I also know for a fact that many of them use gh.  I can see where someone could be a natural pro and reall never have touched the stuff.................if they had exceptional genetics.  Don't get me wrong, BlackSmith has got decent genetics, but in no where near the pro status.  If you want to be a natural pro, you HAVE to either juice for a while, or be a phenom.  Lets not stear anyone in the wrong direction here!

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Hey Blacksmith, looking great! Now, I hear that you used this "Hardchest" supplement for quick and lasting gains, where can I get this so I can look like you quick? :D :D

Blacksmith

Awards
Re: Re: sup bro

Originally posted by ChaseRoy
BlackSmith has got decent genetics, but in no where near the pro status. 
Exactly the reason I became an engineer and body build for a hobby. :) I just try to improve mentally and physically every year. Tough to do as you approach 40. I have no illusions of grandure. I posted my pics to show the bro's I converse with that I put to use the advice I give and the advice I get. I'm not a dump hiding behind a keyboard shooting my mouth off. You get a lot of that at the old board.

Blacksmith

Awards
Originally posted by jweave23
I hear that you used this "Hardchest" supplement for quick and lasting gains, where can I get this so I can look like you quick? :D :D
We'll be putting out a homebrew version so you can make your own. LOL :D

BTW where are you located in central PA ?

ChaseRoy

Awards
Re: Re: Re: sup bro

Originally posted by Blacksmith

Exactly the reason I became an engineer and body build for a hobby. :) I just try to improve mentally and physically every year. Tough to do as you approach 40. I have no illusions of grandure. I posted my pics to show the bro's I converse with that I put to use the advice I give and the advice I get. I'm not a dump hiding behind a keyboard shooting my mouth off. You get a lot of that at the old board.

No disrespect intended friend, I just do not want people to think that natural pros are natural.  It can do a lot of harm to a young bodybuilder to make him think if he just works hard.  While that can be the case for some, it is far to devistating for someone to work hard and then be crushed.  We all need to set goals and have a wish, but it is important to be realistic.  So my message was more to others reading not just you.  For some reason it really bugs me when people say "You can be anything you want to be."  Sadly, that just isn't true.  Keep up the good work though, you look great.  I hope I look that good when I am your age!

BTW how tall are you?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Blacksmith

We'll be putting out a homebrew version so you can make your own. LOL :D

BTW where are you located in central PA ?

Nice, Hardchest for homebrew! ;)

I'm right around Harrisburg, you're up north I thought, right?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Come hither, yon Beast for I can scrub my garments pon thee shredded abdominal cavity!! :D

HUGE, brother.. Damn huge! ;)

Blacksmith

Awards
Originally posted by bigpetefox
Come hither, yon Beast for I can scrub my garments pon thee shredded abdominal cavity!! :D
  HAHAHAHA LOL :D

Nice to hear from you Pete,

Hope all is well.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
All natural ha! Blacksmith is full of ****, Under NPC rules "Hard chest" is considered "an illegal substance". Sorry Blacksmith, you might as well go to the Olympia with the GH gut guru's ......

:D :D :D

Blacksmith

Awards
Originally posted by YellowJacket
Sorry Blacksmith, you might as well go to the Olympia with the GH gut guru's ......

:D :D :D
Sure, ...just send me a bucket of synthol and several hypodermics and I'll

be on my way  :D.  I've got my custom bodybag on order already :D :D

Speaking of which, here's a good read : See if you can guess who's who.

http://www.testosterone.net/articles/206dead.html

Enjoy !!

b-boy

Awards
Re: Re: sup bro

Originally posted by ChaseRoy

Before I start you all must realize that none of this is a slam.  B-Boy, you do nothonestly think Skip is natural!!!!  Those pros just do not use as much, they have all used in the past if they are not still using occassionally!  Remember when Skip tried doing the "drug" shows and got blown away?  I also know for a fact that many of them use gh.  I can see where someone could be a natural pro and reall never have touched the stuff.................if they had exceptional genetics.  Don't get me wrong, BlackSmith has got decent genetics, but in no where near the pro status.  If you want to be a natural pro, you HAVE to either juice for a while, or be a phenom.  Lets not stear anyone in the wrong direction here!
WTF? i hope you do not think im some 13yr old kid bro, i mean common the whole skip thing was just talking about nat. pro's and money not what cycles they do, and by the way the show in henderson that i was referring too was a natural show and  the overall winner got a procard... their are many natural organizations out there and SOME really do adhere to drug testing and natural bodybuilding,, and back to skip... ha ha hell no i don't think he's natural but he does compete in a natural organization and makes good money, and thats all i have to say about skip..LOL..

ChaseRoy

Awards
Re: Re: Re: sup bro

WTF? i hope you do not think im some 13yr old kid bro, i mean common the whole skip thing was just talking about nat. pro's and money not what cycles they do, and by the way the show in henderson that i was referring too was a natural show and  the overall winner got a procard... their are many natural organizations out there and SOME really do adhere to drug testing and natural bodybuilding,, and back to skip... ha ha hell no i don't think he's natural but he does compete in a natural organization and makes good money, and thats all i have to say about skip..LOL..
ya man, i was not trying to insult your intelligence.  I know you know a lot, one can tell that from looking at your pictures.  I was merely trying to state that the guys who make money in the "natural organizations" I mean good money are not natural at all.  Skip, Tito, Stan...geez I just looked at Stan's pics on http://www.repetrope.com/men/competitors/gallerydetail.asp?CompetitorID=1045&ImageID=48908  of the USA's you can see his gyno...and these guys ALL say they have never touched the stuff.  Thats all I was trying to say here.

metacat

Awards
Looking great Blacksmith for 37. You are a great inpiration for me since I am 32.. you give me hope that can look that good when I reach 37. How long have you been training?
I just started lifting weights less that a year ago. I will be very happy if I can look like that in less that 5 yrs.

Blacksmith

Awards
Originally posted by metacat
I just started lifting weights less that a year ago. I will be very happy if I can look like that in less that 5 yrs.
You should have no problem. Just get your diet in order and your workout down.

Stay consistent that's the key.

Nelson

Full marks for you Blacksmith

BTW - How long have you been bb?
Do you have any progress pic`s?
Good luck with your future.

bellx1

Awards
You look AWSOME .. !@!!!!!!!!

The work you put in to get to where you are is extreme dedication and focus .... It is obvious by your pics... AWSOME job Bro !!!!

By the way .. what do you do to get that dark ???
I have stopped the tanning salon as I see too many wrikles starting to come out .... and sun in the summer .. well .. at 34 I can see it is having its effects... trying to find a good tan without speeding up the aging process...

ChaseRoy

Awards
Originally posted by bellx1
You look AWSOME .. !@!!!!!!!!

The work you put in to get to where you are is extreme dedication and focus .... It is obvious by your pics... AWSOME job Bro !!!!

By the way .. what do you do to get that dark ???
I have stopped the tanning salon as I see too many wrikles starting to come out .... and sun in the summer .. well .. at 34 I can see it is having its effects... trying to find a good tan without speeding up the aging process...

tanning only takes you so far.  To get that drak one must apply a liquid usually called dioderm.  It is something you paint on and makes your skin a lot darker so the cuts and grooves in your muscle stand out better.  There are other products, bronzers, dream tan, etc.  However they smear very easily and wash off.  They are used for shows and not meant just for everyday use.  If you tried to do that you would have problems bathing because you would look blochy.  Live with the pastieness!!!