Muscle Tears While On Epidrol ????

stfdkd37

Awards
ewww aww man damn that looks crazy nah i never heard that happening while on that damn man does that hurt?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
nice lookin purple tat!

epi is said to be a drier compound.
that could potentially lead to tears i guess.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Do you sulphur allergy or anything?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
STEROIDS RAPIDLY INCREASE MUSCLE CONTRACTILE STRENGTH!

The rapid increase in muscle contractile strength results in tremendous increases in strength which greatly increases one chances for ligament and tendon injury.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
that is true B.....but from the photo it is clearly a muscle tear and not a tendon or ligament.

muscle tears are typically caused by things like dehydration, insufficient warm-up, muscle imbalance, poor muscle flexibility.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Oh God.....that seriously makes me unable to do anything with a weight today just looking at that.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is true B.....but from the photo it is clearly a muscle tear and not a tendon or ligament.

muscle tears are typically caused by things like dehydration, insufficient warm-up, muscle imbalance, poor muscle flexibility.
I suspect he ruptured the tendon (tore the muscle at the tendon).

The muscle strength and mass increases very rapidly and the tendon does not. Therfore the muscle tears from the tendon. In this case that may be a blessing, as tearing the tendon from bone would likely be far greater damage.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
wow, you are just a wealth of good info today B-fiddy!!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Add in how long it takes for a tendon to fully heal, then add in physical therapy, then add in regaining lost ground....

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add in how long it takes for a tendon to fully heal, then add in physical therapy, then add in regaining lost ground....
I am recoveing from a C7 disk/nerve neck injury (non training or AAS related) that atrophied my left pec/tri/lat very significantly. It has taken me 18 months to return to 90% strength and lbm.

Just for example I could at one time incline DB press 120lbs for 6. At the time of my injury I was doing 95-100lb for 8-10. After my injury and at the start of my own self prescibed rehabilitation I could do no more than 20lbs for 6 or 8 at the very best.

As we mature (notice I am not using the "get older" cliche) we tend to want to find out "what we are doing" instead of finding out "what we did".

I may condense my two posts with regard to those links and references and post them up as a stickie later if I am so inspired.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am recoveing from a C7 disk/nerve neck injury (non training or AAS related) that atrophied my left pec/tri/lat very significantly. It has taken me 18 months to return to 90% strength and lbm.

Just for example I could at one time incline DB press 120lbs for 6. At the time of my injury I was doing 95-100lb for 8-10. After my injury and at the start of my own self prescibed rehabilitation I could do no more than 20lbs for 6 or 8 at the very best.

As we mature (notice I am not using the "get older" cliche) we tend to want to find out "what we are doing" instead of finding out what "we did".

I may condense my two posts with regard to those links and references and post them up as a stickie later if I am so inspired.
Wow man, I am sorry about all that. I am suffering from Achilles tendinitis. I cant squat or run. But compared to you and the OP, its nothing. I have had it for about 6 months though, still cant run.

I hope you can achieve 100% someday....

and OP I hope you heal fast as well and that its only a muscle tear, not tendon.

Wise words btw, I will think on em.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No worries. It's actually been a blessing.

The OP did not mention the activity or exercise that caused the injury. It could be as little as fasciae tear or as bad as a tendon rupture.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Buns,
Sorry to see this - it's an unfortunate chance we all take. I hope you a speedy recovery!

buns

Awards
It was done while doing dead lifts. The pic is my brother. Never had muscle tears or tendon tears before until he started using this stuff. He had just done 750 lbs for deads and dropped down to 650 lbs and the 650 is when He had the muscle tear. The doctor said they had never seen a muscle tear that deep before. They thought at first he would have to get vascular surgery.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
dehydration, insufficient warm-up, muscle imbalance, poor muscle flexibility <-- Lol you mean the four things 90% of people don't do.

dommer

Banned
Awards

As we mature (notice I am not using the "get older" cliche) we tend to want to find out "what we are doing" instead of finding out "what we did".

im still recovering from a shoulder injury a few years agoi had ripped the ligament stretched the ligament chipped the bone tore my cartilage and 11/12 of the ligament was disconected form the bone doctor said i had a bankart legion a hill sachs legion and loosened the anterior capsule i lost 25% of the motion in my left arm recovery is a ***** and after 7 months of not being able to use my left arm my left upper body was completely atrophied