Beggining of a FAT Loss Transformation

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
My name is Martin and im a beginner weightlifter.I am 19,6'6 tall 285lbs (mostly fat lol) and currently i am taking hydroxycut hardcore and mri pro-nos protein along with hittin da gym 7 days a week and daily swimming for 45 min.my daily diet is as follows
9:30 am 2 eggs scrambled and canadian bacon(lean pork) 1 slice toast with natural Peanut butter
12:00pm 8oz chicken breast
2:30 8oz Top sirloin steak(very lean)one spoon of natural Peanut Butter
5:30 8oz Tilapia (fish)
7:30 8oz tilapia or Top sirloin steak
and 2 servings of mri pro-nos before and after my daily workout
and i consume nothing but water and crystal light to drink
all of this equals to roughly 2000calories and 290ish grams of protein
my ideal weight is 245 with a little more muscle.
Do you think with this diet,exercise,and supplement program i will reach my goal effectively?if so how long do you think it will take?also can someone give me a body fat estimate?
Here are a couple of pics after 1 week

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Welcome Martin!

Looks like you've got your goals and plan all put together. I noticed that it appears that you are trying to do a form of atkins dieting, with low carbs. Just be careful with that, as some notice when they come off it (even weaning their way slowly back onto carbs) they start to gain the weight back. I've been doing moderate carbs lately and am losing weight. Just a suggestion, and you might not want to be eating red meat every day. Stick with chicken, brown rice, and veggies (i don't see any veggies/fruit in your diet, :think:) You remind me of myself a good couple of years ago. It IS possible to do, you just have to remain committed to it!

As for your questions:
Do you think with this diet,exercise,and supplement program i will reach my goal effectively?
Not with the diet. I suggest changing it up to include more chicken, and fruits/veggies. Your body will also slow down on the weight loss if you only feed it 2k calories at 285. 2lbs/week is optimum for maintainable weight loss. I don't know much about your supplements aside from the two you posted, but would suggest you get a multivitamin, and protein supplement. Just keep it simple for now. I also didn't read about your exercise program, but as long as you have cardio at least 4x a week at 45 minutes medium intensity, that should be good. Please follow up and post all these things for us.

if so how long do you think it will take?
If you calculate 2lbs/week, from 285-245, that's 40 pounds, so 20 weeks is a maintainable goal. You could even give yourself 25 just to add a couple "just in case" weeks. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint!

also can someone give me a body fat estimate?
I'm not experienced in just guestimating, but would say that you are about/above 30%

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
Welcome Martin!

Looks like you've got your goals and plan all put together. I noticed that it appears that you are trying to do a form of atkins dieting, with low carbs. Just be careful with that, as some notice when they come off it (even weaning their way slowly back onto carbs) they start to gain the weight back. I've been doing moderate carbs lately and am losing weight. Just a suggestion, and you might not want to be eating red meat every day. Stick with chicken, brown rice, and veggies (i don't see any veggies/fruit in your diet, :think:) You remind me of myself a good couple of years ago. It IS possible to do, you just have to remain committed to it!

As for your questions:
Do you think with this diet,exercise,and supplement program i will reach my goal effectively?
Not with the diet. I suggest changing it up to include more chicken, and fruits/veggies. Your body will also slow down on the weight loss if you only feed it 2k calories at 285. 2lbs/week is optimum for maintainable weight loss. I don't know much about your supplements aside from the two you posted, but would suggest you get a multivitamin, and protein supplement. Just keep it simple for now. I also didn't read about your exercise program, but as long as you have cardio at least 4x a week at 45 minutes medium intensity, that should be good. Please follow up and post all these things for us.

if so how long do you think it will take?
If you calculate 2lbs/week, from 285-245, that's 40 pounds, so 20 weeks is a maintainable goal. You could even give yourself 25 just to add a couple "just in case" weeks. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint!

also can someone give me a body fat estimate?
I'm not experienced in just guestimating, but would say that you are about/above 30%
thanks for your advice as for my exercise routine i do 45 min-1 hour of medium intensity swimming first thing in the morning 7 days a week along with 30 min of medium intensity cardio on a treadmill after my lifting,also I Lift 7 days a week.
As for my supplements im taking Hydroxycut Hardcore,and MRI Pronos whey protein for now.I really dont like any vegtebles but i will try to add in a vegetable puree my mom makes which is the only form of veggies i would eat lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
then add fruits instead, or they make greens "drink" that will help get you the phytochemicals + other nutrients. Also you should look at fiber supplementation as well then, maybe psyllium husks as you need fiber

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
then add fruits instead, or they make greens "drink" that will help get you the phytochemicals + other nutrients. Also you should look at fiber supplementation as well then, maybe psyllium husks as you need fiber
thanks for your suggestion Im currently researching Benefiber which is supposed to be a tasteless powder

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, benefiber isn't bad, psyllium husks are tasteless as well for the most part but you do notice them in a drink. they are nice to add to the protein shakes.

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
yeah, benefiber isn't bad, psyllium husks are tasteless as well for the most part but you do notice them in a drink. they are nice to add to the protein shakes.
Yea thats what I had in mind to add them to my protein shakes, how many grams of fiber a day do you suggest i consume?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm a bad judge as I get probably 50g+ of fiber a day :) realistically you should try to get at least 20-24g total for the day. so if you aren't eating veggies, and arent eating any grains or beans, then you might be getting 4g from your pb, and not anything else significantly. you dont want to take in too much in one meal or shake tho, as it will bother your stomach. you can use the psyllium husks for maybe 6g or so per protein shake, and add the benefiber to your crystal light drinks (as it doesnt add taste or texture)

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
i'm a bad judge as I get probably 50g+ of fiber a day :) realistically you should try to get at least 20-24g total for the day. so if you aren't eating veggies, and arent eating any grains or beans, then you might be getting 4g from your pb, and not anything else significantly. you dont want to take in too much in one meal or shake tho, as it will bother your stomach. you can use the psyllium husks for maybe 6g or so per protein shake, and add the benefiber to your crystal light drinks (as it doesnt add taste or texture)
thanks man:thumbsup:

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
Here are some pics 3 weeks after the original pics

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
thanks guys I just started a leviathan/dcp cycle to help out a little

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Nice work Miami! The difference on the side shots are simply amazing. Night and day... keep that pace up, and you're going to be hitting those goals in no time. Keep us posted!