Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione vs Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione?

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
Hey, very quick question: As I said in my other thread I'm currently taking Erase Pro, have only been taking it since last Wed so far too early to talk about results! But I just noticed something odd and wondered if anyone could help me out:
I had assumed that Erase Pro was pretty much the same as original erase except with a a higher dose and some new ingredients on top of the original ones. However, I just had a look at both and noticed that the active AI ingredient seems to be slightly sifferent. With original Erase it was Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione, while Erase Pro lists it as Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione.

I'm not great with chemistry, but can anyone explain whether there's any practical difference between "Androst / dien" and "Androsta / diene" in the name of the AI? And should this inform my decision on which product to take? I'm still assuming Erase Pro is more potent, but I'm wondering now if Erase might have a slight edge purely because most of the studies and references I've seen on its effects have talked about Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione rather than Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione which Pro lists.

Of course, I'm new to this product and to AIs in general so for all I know one of the webpages might simply have a typo on it and the two ingredients should be listed in the same way. Anyone know how this works?

SChasEE

SChasEE

Awards
I'm just about to start Erase Pro this week and had the same question...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, very quick question: As I said in my other thread I'm currently taking Erase Pro, have only been taking it since last Wed so far too early to talk about results! But I just noticed something odd and wondered if anyone could help me out:
I had assumed that Erase Pro was pretty much the same as original erase except with a a higher dose and some new ingredients on top of the original ones. However, I just had a look at both and noticed that the active AI ingredient seems to be slightly sifferent. With original Erase it was Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione, while Erase Pro lists it as Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione.

I'm not great with chemistry, but can anyone explain whether there's any practical difference between "Androst / dien" and "Androsta / diene" in the name of the AI? And should this inform my decision on which product to take? I'm still assuming Erase Pro is more potent, but I'm wondering now if Erase might have a slight edge purely because most of the studies and references I've seen on its effects have talked about Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione rather than Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione which Pro lists.

Of course, I'm new to this product and to AIs in general so for all I know one of the webpages might simply have a typo on it and the two ingredients should be listed in the same way. Anyone know how this works?
I just looked at my bottles and they both have the same ingredient:

Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione (Arimistane)

I think it is just worded wrong on Nutra because on Nutra it is Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione but on other sites both are Androsta.

bdybldnaam

Awards
Definitely the same according to my stash.

IMG_20130402_150423.jpg

These are bought in Europe however, so dont know if it's any different in the US..?

EDIT:
Must have missed kbayne's post. Looks like it's the same in the US.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely the same according to my stash.

View attachment 78143

These are bought in Europe however, so dont know if it's any different in the US..?

EDIT:
Must have missed kbayne's post. Looks like it's the same in the US.
I tried to get a picture but my camera phone was making it too blurry so it wasn't possible to see the ingredient. Glad someone could post up the picture of the two bottles side by side though :arms:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They should have the same active ingredient in both. My bottles contain the same nomenclature as each other.

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
I was researching this last night and I found a link which I now can't seem to find in my history, in which someone basically said that the discrepancy is simply a difference in how chemical names are spelled in the UK versus the US - similar I suppose to the difference between oestrogen and estrogen. I'm in Ireland myself so it would probably vary from store to store between the US and UK spelling, which makes some kind of sense.

If this is indeed the case, then Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione and Androsra-3,5-diene-7,17-dione are probably the exact same compound, with a simple regional variation in spelling.
Would love if anyone could confirm this, of course, as I'm having a bit of trouble finding the thread in history now!