Alpha-T2 :)

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Since Ive started using PES products I havent cut yet so I didnt even know what this product was. After reading about it I am deff going to be using it with my upcoming cutting cycle. If I take 2 caps in the AM do I need to take a 3rd cap in the afternoon or would 2 caps right in the AM be sufficient? It says not to take with carbs how long after eating a carb meal should I wait if I take a 3rd cap in the afternoon?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Standard dose is a third capsule in the afternoon as well. Rauwolscine is mitigated by insulin. It is a general rule of thumb but try 2 hours minimum after a meal if you can.

Just an empty stomach in general, it makes it much more potent. :)

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Great thanks :) When taking it right upon waking is it ok if I take it with scivation xtend? 7 grams bcaas/1 gram carb.. or just do it with water on an empty stomach?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't sure on this because my immediate reaction is that BCAAs are insuligenic and the answer would be no.

On the other hand I looked into this and one study suggested that BCAA supplementation pre workout didn't significantly alter the insulin response in comparison to the control group.

[h=1]The anabolic hormone response to a lower-body resistance exercise bout in conjunction with oral BCAA supplementation
Bill Campbell, Paul La Bounty, Austin Oetken, Mike Greenwood, Richard Kreider and Darryn Willoughby
[/h]

Here is a quote from Layne Norton on the issue
All our studies have shown evidence that BCAAs improve glucose metabolism. Probably by activating SIRT1 and also increasing mitochondrial biogenesis.

It causes a very small transient insulin release. Big deal. This is the problem with internet PhDs and guys writing articles who really don't understand metabolism. They would have you believe that any insulin release anywhere in any amount will cause all fat burning to completely stop and it will cause you to be insulin resistance. What a load of crap. Metabolism doesn't have 'on' or 'off' switches. Everything is running all the time; the emphasis just changes. Don't think of metabolism as flipping an on or off switch. Think of it as dimmer switches. You can brighten or darken without ever turning it completely off or on full blast.

There are 2 kinds of insulin release (ie biphasic). The first is a dumping of stored insulin. This is transient and induces a small rise for about 15 minutes. After that any remaining glucose is disposed by insulin production in the pancreas. The production of postprandial insulin is what causes the large insulin response... it is the second phase.

BCAA supplementation ONLY induces the first phase of insulin release. It does not cause long term increase in insulin. It causes a small bump for the first 15 minutes then it's done. Hardly enough to make you insulin resistant or blunt fat burning.
Of course, how this effects rauwolscine specifically is another question as we are not just looking at insulin release, we are looking at insulin release correlated with rauwolscine breakdown.

I am not sure on that. For me, rauwolscine decreases my appetite significantly whereas higenamine and 3,3-diiodothyronine don't. I would try it both ways and see how the appetite suppressing effects differ and derive my answer from that. :)

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I wasn't sure on this because my immediate reaction is that BCAAs are insuligenic and the answer would be no.

On the other hand I looked into this and one study suggested that BCAA supplementation pre workout didn't significantly alter the insulin response in comparison to the control group.

[h=1]The anabolic hormone response to a lower-body resistance exercise bout in conjunction with oral BCAA supplementation
Bill Campbell, Paul La Bounty, Austin Oetken, Mike Greenwood, Richard Kreider and Darryn Willoughby[/h]

Here is a quote from Layne Norton on the issue

Of course, how this effects rauwolscine specifically is another question as we are not just looking at insulin release, we are looking at insulin release correlated with rauwolscine breakdown.

I am not sure on that. For me, rauwolscine decreases my appetite significantly whereas higenamine and 3,3-diiodothyronine don't. I would try it both ways and see how the appetite suppressing effects differ and derive my answer from that. :)
Have BCAA that don't contain b12. Dose that with food (sip during lunch).
Use 8:1:1 mbcaa or recoverPro or purple wraath for other times.
Keep you fuller and not so Soft and should be negligible to insulin

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have BCAA that don't contain b12. Dose that with food (sip during lunch).
Use 8:1:1 mbcaa or recoverPro or purple wraath for other times.
Keep you fuller and not so Soft and should be negligible to insulin
That doesn't really answer any of the original questions as he was asking if he took BCAAs on an empty stomach with Alpha-T2 how much of an impact would it have on the potency.

You instead Chris have posted bullet points randomly around the topic lol.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
That doesn't really answer any of the original questions as he was asking if he took BCAAs on an empty stomach with Alpha-T2 how much of an impact would it have on the potency.

You instead Chris have posted bullet points randomly around the topic lol.

Guess I'll take a backseat. Sorry Ben

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, you know we wind each other up. I am jealous of Australian weather. England hit 20 degrees celsius the last couple of days, it was like summer here.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, you know we wind each other up. I am jealous of Australian weather. England hit 20 degrees celsius the last couple of days, it was like summer here.
Celsius.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the response. That was actually my thought as well since I thought the bcaas might still negatively effect the product. I think Ill just keep it simple and take it with water. I was thinking of taking bcaas immediately upon waking with the product since I am cutting but Ill be eating breakfast about half an hour later anyway so I don't think that would even matter that much.