Stubborn Female Fat Loss

rebeccas

Awards
Hi PES,

I have read many reviews on Alpha-T2 for stubborn fat loss and would like to know if it will help in my situation.

About 3 months ago I came off contraception after a few years and over the last 2 months have had severe acne and dry scalp. I am guessing this is an increase in estrogen or a decrease in progesterone as the ill would have regulated this for me. I have also noticed that I am looking leaner in my abs and arms, but my legs and butt haven't changed and may have actually gotten a little fatter. I am on a low carb diet and exercise consistently mainly with weights and some HIT cardio, but my weights workouts are quite fast and have cardio benefits because of the speed of the workout.

Is this a hormonal problem which I need to correct first, or will Alpha-T2 and maybe Erase help with?

If there are any women on here who can help, please help as this is very frustrating!

Thanks,
Bec

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It definitely sounds like some type of hormone rebound if you didnt notice any of the things youre noticing now until you came off of contraception.

I would first seek advice from a physician. They can run bloodwork to make sure your hormones are correctly in balance. Once they are in balance and the doctor says you are good to go, I would give Alpha-T2 a shot.

Keep us updated on what you hear, but I think getting a hormone panel done would be best. Typically your regular doctor can run this if you have a good doc!

rebeccas

Awards
Hi nattydisaster,
Thanks for your help.

Assuming my hormone levels are normal, is there anything else this could be which is causing me to keep this stubborn fat? If my estrogen/progesterone ratio is out of balance from a rebound, are there any natural supplements like Vitex which I can take?

Thanks,
Bec

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi PES,

I have read many reviews on Alpha-T2 for stubborn fat loss and would like to know if it will help in my situation.

About 3 months ago I came off contraception after a few years and over the last 2 months have had severe acne and dry scalp. I am guessing this is an increase in estrogen or a decrease in progesterone as the ill would have regulated this for me. I have also noticed that I am looking leaner in my abs and arms, but my legs and butt haven't changed and may have actually gotten a little fatter. I am on a low carb diet and exercise consistently mainly with weights and some HIT cardio, but my weights workouts are quite fast and have cardio benefits because of the speed of the workout.

Is this a hormonal problem which I need to correct first, or will Alpha-T2 and maybe Erase help with?

If there are any women on here who can help, please help as this is very frustrating!
Acne is not a symptom of an increase in Estrogen - usually more to do with an increase in Testosterone. That said, there are many things that can cause acne like stress, change in diet, etc. As for getting leaner in some areas and not in others, this could be something diet-related, such as water retention, but which could also be caused by hormonal factors.

It's possible that you have some hormonal imbalances - a blood test will tell you this.

Aside from that, you're on a low carb diet and exercising - make sure that you're NOT having TOO low calories or carbohydrates if your goal is fat loss, since that is NOT the most effective way to do it, and if you're not sure what you're doing, you can work AGAINST yourself, causing the OPPOSITE progress to what you want.

Alpha-T2 and Erase are great products. If you're not knowledgeable on supplements, especially those like Erase, then I do not recommend that you use it, especially since it has AI properties - I don't recommend such products to females unless they are very experienced and know what they are doing. Alpha-T2 is fine for you to use though.

All that aside, if you want fat loss, make sure your nutrition and training are IDEAL for YOU! Don't just look for a supplement to do it.

Assuming my hormone levels are normal, is there anything else this could be which is causing me to keep this stubborn fat? If my estrogen/progesterone ratio is out of balance from a rebound, are there any natural supplements like Vitex which I can take?
It could simply be, as I mentioned above, that you're not going about fat loss the best way for your body. If it's not that, then it could be that you just need to get leaner, and that comes with time - it's not an overnight process. Have patience - if your nutrition and training are right for you re fat loss, then you WILL make progress!

Re supplements, unless you're less than ~15% bodyfat, there's no reason for you to look at using anything "fat burner" related, since, although some work, they are pointless for you to take until you get leaner - which is when they will have the most benefit and noticeable effects.

~Rosie~

rebeccas

Awards
Hi Rosie Chee Scott,
Thanks for your help.

I will talk to my doc about getting a hormonal blood test done.

If you can have a look at my diet that would be helpful. I am 5"5, about 130lbs and 18% bodyfat and would like to lose 10lbs of fat. My diet is like this:

Breakfast
2 x eggs
1 x toast
0.5 x grapefruit
0.5 x apple
1.5 x protein powder scoops (SPI)

Lunch
0.5 x avocado
6oz tuna in springwater
1 x carrot

Afternoon
1 x protein powder scoops (SPI)
5 x almonds

Dinner
1 x cup beans or broccoli
6oz x chicken breast
50g x pasta, potato or couscous

Refeed/Carb-Up
Every 7 days I refeed/carb-up with plenty of carbs (pasta, oats, fruit, etc.) which I don't really count.

Workout
I workout before breakfast 4 times a week for about 45 mins with fast paced weights doing supersets, giantsets and a combination of high reps. I also add HIT Cardio in a couple of times a week. I also go for a walk in the afternoon after my Afternoon shake.

My strength and muscles are increasing, but the lower body fat loss isn't moving.

Thanks,
Bec

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi Rosie Chee Scott,
Thanks for your help.

I will talk to my doc about getting a hormonal blood test done.

If you can have a look at my diet that would be helpful. I am 5"5, about 130lbs and 18% bodyfat and would like to lose 10lbs of fat. My diet is like this:

Breakfast
2 x eggs
1 x toast
0.5 x grapefruit
0.5 x apple
1.5 x protein powder scoops (SPI)

Lunch
0.5 x avocado
6oz tuna in springwater
1 x carrot

Afternoon
1 x protein powder scoops (SPI)
5 x almonds

Dinner
1 x cup beans or broccoli
6oz x chicken breast
50g x pasta, potato or couscous

Refeed/Carb-Up
Every 7 days I refeed/carb-up with plenty of carbs (pasta, oats, fruit, etc.) which I don't really count.

Workout
I workout before breakfast 4 times a week for about 45 mins with fast paced weights doing supersets, giantsets and a combination of high reps. I also add HIT Cardio in a couple of times a week. I also go for a walk in the afternoon after my Afternoon shake.

My strength and muscles are increasing, but the lower body fat loss isn't moving.

Thanks,
Bec
No worries :)

You're 18% bodyfat - the bodyfat will go when you get LEANER! You canNOT choose where you want it to go from, and if it decides to go from your lower body last then it will. At your current body composition, forget about looking at supplements to get it off.

As far as your diet, I would eat more calories, because doesn't look like you're eating nearly enough, especially with high intensity exercise as you're doing, but that's just me - I'm not a "diet" person and I will choose to eat over starving myself, and remember that starving yourself is NOT the way to go re nutrition!

If you're not sure about what you're doing, then I recommend getting yourself a Trainer or a Qualified Professional who does, can and will help you INDIVIDUALIZE EVERYTHING SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU RE NUTRITION AND TRAINING, so that you are doing the MOST EFFECTIVE things to get OPTIMAL RESULTS!

~Rosie~

rebeccas

Awards
Hi Rosie,
Thanks for your help.

I'll review my diet plan and possibly make a few changes.

Rosie, I find that eventhough I am really pushing myself I don't perspire much at all compared to males. I have spoken with many friends from both genders who also train intensely, and only a couple of the women really perspire and drip compared to the men who perspire in bucketloads.

Is this common or should I be doing more to perspire and drip?

Thanks,
Bec

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
you can order hormone test kits at home too if you didnt want to pay for them at the doc's. i dont know how good your insurance is...

im far from a expert but i would agree with raising your total calorie intake to about 1600ish, then work down from there. have you done a BMR calculator online before? also i would stay away from any sort of carbs at dinner time. you can eat carbs during breakfast and lunch for your daily intake but its best not to have carbs in your system at night where your body burns the least amount of energy. eating speeds up your metabolism dont forget that. just my 2 cents, good luck with your weight loss!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The female hormone panel on privatemdlabs is only $50, so if you have no insurance id highly recommend getting that performed to see where some things are at.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
The female hormone panel on privatemdlabs is only $50, so if you have no insurance id highly recommend getting that performed to see where some things are at.
god its 169.99 for males, were getting F'ed. although its was way more inclusive test than ive seen for that price anywhere. thanks for the link ill probably be buying that before my next run lol

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
god its 169.99 for males, were getting F'ed. although its was way more inclusive test than ive seen for that price anywhere. thanks for the link ill probably be buying that before my next run lol
Id recommend the female one for males too, it tests for total E, T, liver values, and several other things.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
Id recommend the female one for males too, it tests for total E, T, liver values, and several other things.
hmmm ill have to look at the differences, 60 for E, T and liver values would be good after a strong oral cycle. im totally jacking this thread sorry lol

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmmm ill have to look at the differences, 60 for E, T and liver values would be good after a strong oral cycle. im totally jacking this thread sorry lol
Thats what i get for pre and post cycle bloods bro, its where the money is.

You can find 10-15% off discount codes so it usually averages 45 total for the test. It has hematocrit, RBC, etc on there too. Its very comprehensive for the money and really easy to do.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi Rosie,
Thanks for your help.

I'll review my diet plan and possibly make a few changes.

Rosie, I find that eventhough I am really pushing myself I don't perspire much at all compared to males. I have spoken with many friends from both genders who also train intensely, and only a couple of the women really perspire and drip compared to the men who perspire in bucketloads.

Is this common or should I be doing more to perspire and drip?

Thanks,
Bec
No worries, Bec :)

It doesn't matter how much you perspire compared to males or other females. Everyone is different and there is no "normal" for this. You can train hard and intense and perspire little. Also depends on your environment, what you're wearing, body temperature, etc. Don't stress over it.

~Rosie~

rebeccas

Awards
No worries, Bec :)

It doesn't matter how much you perspire compared to males or other females. Everyone is different and there is no "normal" for this. You can train hard and intense and perspire little. Also depends on your environment, what you're wearing, body temperature, etc. Don't stress over it.

~Rosie~
Hi Rosie,
Thanks for your help.

Thanks everyone else for their help as well about the testing kits.

Thanks,

Bec

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
lol sorry we kinda blew up your thread, but if you get a test done you should post the results for us.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi Rosie,
Thanks for your help.

Thanks everyone else for their help as well about the testing kits.

Thanks,

Bec
No worries :) Hope you get everything sorted, Bec.

~Rosie~