Is the SHIFT / Erase stack ok for me? Opinions wanted.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
I am trying to dump some weight. My current Bodyfat percentage is about 31% with a BMI of about 38.

I have been working out for about a month. I run my own business so my schedule is pretty flexible. I have a pretty solid weightlifting background.

MY routine has been morning cardio fasted 6 days a week. I keep my heart rate around 120ish (via my Polar Monitor).
Weight Training is 5 hourly sessions( 60-90 seconds between sets).

My diet is about 2500 Calories a day. Natty Peanutbutter and Casein protein every morning for breakfast. Grilled chicken ceasar salad for lunch and dinner varies. I take aminos before morning workouts and as i do my weights. I have a whey/fruit juice shake as my peri workout nutrition.

I also have been fasting for 24 hours every Saturday as per John Berardis latest writings.

I keep my carbs around 100 grams on non weight training days. On my Weight training days i eat more.

I have only lost about 10 pounds in three weeks of training but i have taken about an inch and a half off my belt.

Would Shift and Erase be something i should consider to keep my momentum going.

I have been keeping my own weekly log with photos and would like to do so with these products.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These would be suitable, yes.

When you eat more than 100g for carbs, what are you eating?

Ben

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would consider fasted training for quicker results.. U can take the Aminos pre workout mixed with water only. U don't need the sugar before ur workouts.. It hinders fat loss.. The Aminos will protect ur muscle to ensure ur burning fat...

I would also try to get away from
The pbutter.. It's too calorically dense. Youre better off eating lots of fibrous veggies and lean proteins.. It's not fun or overly tasty.. But u should try to get as strict as possible in the beginning bc that's the EASIEST time to drop pounds of fat!! When things slow down inthe weight loss dept then u will need to employ shock techniques like fasting and carb cycling... Right now it's all a simple numbers game. The supps are only about 5-10% of the equation.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
These would be suitable, yes.

When you eat more than 100g for carbs, what are you eating?

Ben
Grilled chicken / hard boiled eggs over ceasar salad. Lean steaks. Angus burgers (no bun). I used to train and diet a lot years ago and I found that I always got the best results lower carb. I basically only eat my carbs around weight training.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to dump some weight. My current Bodyfat percentage is about 31% with a BMI of about 38.

I have been working out for about a month. I run my own business so my schedule is pretty flexible. I have a pretty solid weightlifting background.

I have only lost about 10 pounds in three weeks of training but i have taken about an inch and a half off my belt.
10 pounds is a good amount for 3 weeks. At 31% BF/38 BMI I wouldn't bother looking to supps as they will do very little for you and you need to concentrate on your diet and training.

Wait until you get down to about 20% or maybe even less and then look into something to assist with the fat loss.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Is 2500 calories too low... I am able to fit in about 260 grams of protein in there on most days.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
I would consider fasted training for quicker results.. U can take the Aminos pre workout mixed with water only. U don't need the sugar before ur workouts.. It hinders fat loss.. The Aminos will protect ur muscle to ensure ur burning fat...
I have tried fasted weight training in the past and its not for me. I do about an hour of cardio in the morning fasted. Heart rate is about 130. I take aminos while doing the cardio...

The pbutter.. It's too calorically dense. Youre better off eating lots of fibrous veggies and lean proteins.. It's not fun or overly tasty.. But u should try to get as strict as possible in the beginning bc that's the EASIEST time to drop pounds of fat!! When things slow down inthe weight loss dept then u will need to employ shock techniques like fasting and carb cycling... Right now it's all a simple numbers game. The supps are only about 5-10% of the equation.
I do throw some vegies in my salad at lunch and i have a ton of veggies with dinner. I only use the Natural peanut butter (one serving) with my Casein shakes so that i am having a protein and a fat. I tend to try and avoid fat and carb in the same meal except after training... I also take a super food after my lunch... I got GNC Max greens powder, i usually take that with some Braggs organic apple cider vinegar.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have tried fasted weight training in the past and its not for me. I do about an hour of cardio in the morning fasted. Heart rate is about 130. I take aminos while doing the cardio...

I do throw some vegies in my salad at lunch and i have a ton of veggies with dinner. I only use the Natural peanut butter (one serving) with my Casein shakes so that i am having a protein and a fat. I tend to try and avoid fat and carb in the same meal except after training... I also take a super food after my lunch... I got GNC Max greens powder, i usually take that with some Braggs organic apple cider vinegar.
U don't really need the pb tho lol.. U should just drop it or at least reduce it gradually to nothing.. It's not helping the protein in anyway.. Im not familiar with that greens blend, but the point I was getting ar was drop the fancy stuff right now (n someone above said it too) focus on eating plain boring chicken n veggies. It will suck! But the weight will fly off. IMO you r giving your body too much fuel! U need to force it to burn your STORED fat as energy.. Ur eating like yiure on maintenance already.. Just my .02 u will get RAPID results if u keep it simple and low fat low carb high protein.. Look into keto diets

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
U don't really need the pb tho lol.. U should just drop it or at least reduce it gradually to nothing..
I always thought you had to take something with your protein, be it a carb or a fat... Off to have a casein only shake! (lol, literally)...

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always thought you had to take something with your protein, be it a carb or a fat... Off to have a casein only shake! (lol, literally)...
No sir.. U can definitely just drink it.. Ur body will digest it better actually without having to work thru the fat. Fat blunts absorption of oter nutrients because it takes the longest to break down! Equals why u are SPOT ON with keeping carbs and fats separate when at all possible! Another thing I do if im eating a meal with carbs and fats.. I eat the cRbs first then Finish w the fats. Carbs digest and the fats keep u satiated for extended period of time!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10 pounds is a good amount for 3 weeks. At 31% BF/38 BMI I wouldn't bother looking to supps as they will do very little for you and you need to concentrate on your diet and training.

Wait until you get down to about 20% or maybe even less and then look into something to assist with the fat loss.
^^^My recommendation would be to focus on your NUTRITION (#1) AND TRAINING and NOT use ANYthing but the basic staples until you get to at least less than ~15% bodyfat. You CAN effectively AND successfully lose fat withOUT anything but the basic staples, and with your training history (or lack of it), you really need to just focus on the BASICS of NUTRITION AND TRAINING and get those RIGHT before considering anything else, IMO!

~Rosie~

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
^^^My recommendation would be to focus on your NUTRITION (#1) AND TRAINING and NOT use ANYthing but the basic staples until you get to at least less than ~15% bodyfat. You CAN effectively AND successfully lose fat withOUT anything but the basic staples, and with your training history (or lack of it), you really need to just focus on the BASICS of NUTRITION AND TRAINING and get those RIGHT before considering anything else, IMO!

~Rosie~
I actually have a pretty descent background. I just took some time away and the wheels came off.

Any recomendations on a good whey for peri/post workout shakes. I would also like a recomendation on a good casein for the other times...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually have a pretty descent background. I just took some time away and the wheels came off.

Any recomendations on a good whey for peri/post workout shakes. I would also like a recomendation on a good casein for the other times...
Ok. But time off still means a response like a beginner when you get back into training if the time out was extensive (i.e. more than a week or two). Plus, you are 31% bodyfat - you definitely do NOT need anything other than the basic staples until you get LEANER (and yes, you CAN get leaner with only those products)!

I don't use protein powder and have not for over 18 months now. However, when I did, MyoFusion was my chosen product in the US (and Leppin Sport Pro4 when I was back home). Take a look around - there are plenty of protein powders out there. Or you could use BCAAs at such times - that's what I do (if I'm not using a MuscleGel Shot).

~Rosie~

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
I will check out myofusion. I used to use protein factory back in the day but they can be expensive on the casein side.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Just got my erase (non pro) and some alpha t2 (not the SHIFT).

I have been documenting my weight loss for about a month already, full diet and training logs as well as photos done weekly. I also have my heart rate monitor info from each workout (i use the monitor mainly to get an idea bout calories burned). I will put something up public in a bit.

three quick questions:
Is this forum the best place to put the log (it's an all PES stack).

Also, in regards to my heart rate monitor, how accurate is the calories consumed data? i have the FT60. I have been lowering the calories burned by about 15% when logging (just to be safe). Would it be better for the log to see the raw output from the HR monitor?

I only bought one bottle of erase, can i use erase pro as my second bottle (for the full 8 weeks)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got my erase (non pro) and some alpha t2 (not the SHIFT).

I have been documenting my weight loss for about a month already, full diet and training logs as well as photos done weekly. I also have my heart rate monitor info from each workout (i use the monitor mainly to get an idea bout calories burned). I will put something up public in a bit.

three quick questions:

Also, in regards to my heart rate monitor, how accurate is the calories consumed data? i have the FT60. I have been lowering the calories burned by about 15% when logging (just to be safe). Would it be better for the log to see the raw output from the HR monitor?

I only bought one bottle of erase, can i use erase pro as my second bottle (for the full 8 weeks)

three quick questions:
-go to training forum n look for logs/journals sub forum. U can make sure everyone knows it's a pes stack through your title and/or write up

-cant u just use the cals burned feature on the gym equipment? Works well for me..

-Yes definitely. I am switching to pro in January

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the best forum for PES logs so get it up here in the supplement logs section. :)

Calories burned on your heart rate monitor will be guess work at best based on weight. A lot of factors come in to how many calories you burn so take it with a hefty dose of skepticism.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Thanks for all the advice, will start the log tonight or tomorrow depending on how crazy Christmas shopping goes.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
"EMPTY STOMACH" clarification in regards to PES products.

i just want to confirm that an empty stomach means:

2 hours after your last meal && 1 hour before your next meal.

Will my BCAA powder mixed with water have any effects on this?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lay out your meal strategy and we will recommend the best times.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Typical Weight Training day.

8am : low impact cardio on an empty stomach (water with a scoop of aminos)
9am : First meal of natty Peanut butter and Casein powder
noon : Usually have a salad or another natty Peanut butter and Casein powder
3pm : Piece of fruit
4pm : Gym (water with a scoop of aminos)
postwo : Fruit juice with whey (i take a couple of sips on the drive to the gym)
6pm : Dinner (carbs on weight training days)
9pm : Walk for an hour (optional, trying to encourage someone else to get a bit more active so i walk with them)
10pm : Yogurt, casein shake.
10:30 : Lights out.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just want to confirm that an empty stomach means:

2 hours after your last meal && 1 hour before your next meal.

Will my BCAA powder mixed with water have any effects on this?
An "empty stomach" can mean different things to different people, but yes, ~2 hours after your last meal and an hour before your next meal is the generally "accepted" definition.

BCAA with water still counts as an "empty stomach" since they do not contain calories (and anything under ~100 calories can still kind of be counted as an "empty stomach" - depending on who you are and what the product is).

~Rosie~

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Typical Weight Training day.

noon : Usually have a salad or another natty Peanut butter and Casein powder
3pm : Piece of fruit
4pm : Gym (water with a scoop of aminos)
postwo : Fruit juice with whey (i take a couple of sips on the drive to the gym)
9pm : Walk for an hour (optional, trying to encourage someone else to get a bit more active so i walk with them)
10pm : Yogurt, casein shake.
Here is MY opinion, if I was trying to lose weight...

Lose the Aminos here -look into anabolic pump or need2slin, pop the dose 10 min before u Start cardio.

Take Aminos at 9 am after cardio
At 10 am have a protein shake. Just protein... Lose the pb! We talked about this lol! Switch to whey here

noon : Usually have a salad or another natty Peanut butter and Casein powder (this is fine now)

3pm : Piece of fruit (I would look at "pure protein" bars or power crunch bars ur trying to lose weight.. Fruit has sugar, you don't need that insulin spike

4pm : Gym (water with a scoop of aminos) fine here or move to immediately post work out
Then have your Pwo at 5 pm NOT fruit juice! And DO NOT for the love of god sip it on the way to the gym! Put it in the trunk.. Please..

10pm : Yogurt, casein shake.(try to have this earlier or go to bed later.. Give yourself at least 1.5-2 hours to digest before hitting the sack) yogurt- should be fat free greek.. I'd look into non fat cottage cheese as well.. Or calorie countdown milk

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
An "empty stomach" can mean different things to different people, but yes, ~2 hours after your last meal and an hour before your next meal is the generally "accepted" definition.

BCAA with water still counts as an "empty stomach" since they do not contain calories (and anything under ~100 calories can still kind of be counted as an "empty stomach" - depending on who you are and what the product is).

~Rosie~
Ty Rosie! I love my blueberry amino powder.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Here is MY opinion, if I was trying to lose weight...

Lose the Aminos here -look into anabolic pump or need2slin, pop the dose 10 min before u Start cardio.

Take Aminos at 9 am after cardio
At 10 am have a protein shake. Just protein... Lose the pb! We talked about this lol! Switch to whey here

noon : Usually have a salad or another natty Peanut butter and Casein powder (this is fine now)

3pm : Piece of fruit (I would look at "pure protein" bars or power crunch bars ur trying to lose weight.. Fruit has sugar, you don't need that insulin spike

4pm : Gym (water with a scoop of aminos) fine here or move to immediately post work out
Then have your Pwo at 5 pm NOT fruit juice! And DO NOT for the love of god sip it on the way to the gym! Put it in the trunk.. Please..

10pm : Yogurt, casein shake.(try to have this earlier or go to bed later.. Give yourself at least 1.5-2 hours to digest before hitting the sack) yogurt- should be fat free greek.. I'd look into non fat cottage cheese as well.. Or calorie countdown milk

I will give this a try, just to confirm, i don't need any carbs with my whey post workout?
Also i like to have some carbs in my system b3fore a weight workout, what would you recommend and at what time?

I feel so out of the loop with my protein shake methodology, lol...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're taking in carbs, your body will burn those before it ever burns your fat... Will u lose some muscle, yea.. But just like you can't bulk without gaining some fat, u can't cut without losing some muscle.. It's extremely , extremely hard. It would have to be your sole purpose in life lol

Point is- your body Wont burn stored fat if you're feeding it carbs... Any carbs should come from green veggies.. Look up glycemic index..

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're taking in carbs, your body will burn those before it ever burns your fat... Will u lose some muscle, yea.. But just like you can't bulk without gaining some fat, u can't cut without losing some muscle.. It's extremely , extremely hard. It would have to be your sole purpose in life lol

Point is- your body Wont burn stored fat if you're feeding it carbs... Any carbs should come from green veggies.. Look up glycemic index..
You can definitely lean out without losing muscle mass - just have to manipulate your nutrition and training perfectly for you! Remember that loss of lean body mass does NOT mean that it is MUSCLE - lean body mass includes EVERYTHING in your body that is NOT bodyfat!

~Rosie~

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
what do you guys consider a good percentage of bodyfat lost per week (i know it will get harder when i get lower).

i started about a month ago around 34% and i am now down to 30.7...

I get it checked again Friday. I am hoping to get under 30% this week...

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Log is started..... Today is my first day weight training on the full dosage of Erase and AT2...

anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/189492-log-pes-erase.html

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what do you guys consider a good percentage of bodyfat lost per week (i know it will get harder when i get lower).

i started about a month ago around 34% and i am now down to 30.7...

I get it checked again Friday. I am hoping to get under 30% this week...
It is recommended to lose 0.5% bodyfat per week - some lose less (those who are already lean and want to get that little bit leaner) and others more (generally those who have a lot to lose). Be aware that the faster you lose it, the less likely most are to keep it off. You'll know if you're losing too fast - you want to KEEP the muscle mass that you currently have, so DON'T sacrifice that over wanting fast results.

~Rosie~