Running ANABETA and SHIFT stack

TechBuddha

Awards
So here it goes.. My first post to this board. This will be my log of running Anabeta and Shift together.

GOAL:
Less than thirty days away is a big get together with many old friends over the years for a weekend boating trip. I want to lean out, maintain muscle and show some good musculature for the trip.

Past History:
I am not a body builder, not looking to compete. I work out and exercise for health reasons. I don't understand a lot of the lingo on this board to be honest, like PCT and stuff mentioned in other threads. I haven't used any other supplements other than the run of the mill whey and BCAA. I believe I will be a good test of the Anabeta and Shift products.

Workout:
I lift with weights in my garage. I don't belong to a gym. I have a nice setup with a smith machine and other equipment. I perform all the basic exercises/lifts. I like to split my workout into four weight lifting sessions a week. Two heavy and two light. Heavy early in the week and light at the end. Kind of an upper body one day and lower body the next split.
Chest / Shoulder / Back
Legs / Deadlift / Bi-Tri

Diet:
I follow the LeanGains style fasting from 8pm to Noon the next day. First meal is a meat/veg combo. Workout days I drink a Whey shake on the way home from work then lift when I get home around 5-6pm. After workout I eat dinner a meat/fruit combo and usually a cookie or something sweet. Most calories are consumed close to my workout.
Weekends are a mixed bag because I will eat out with my wife and Saturdays I will eat breakfast if bike riding Mt. Diablo, which will burn close to 2000 calories.
I plan to eat maintenance calories, which for me will be around 2000-2200.

Body Comp:
Measurements taken in non-pumped state.
Height 5'8"
Weight 160 (wet)
wrist 6.5
Ankle 9.5
Arm 16"
Chest 41.5"
Leg 21.5"
Waist 34" (taken at belly button, I wear 32 pants)
I've read in Beyond Brawn that these numbers are pretty close to my genetic potential as a natural athlete. I think they were the John McCallum's formula. I would be pretty happy to get bigger.

Dosing:
Shift will be taken in the morning when I wake up and when I get home from work around 5:30 pm. Two pills.
Anabeta will be dosed one pill four times a day, spread as evenly as I can through the day.

Pictures:
Not the best lighting but will give something to compare at the end.
2.png
1.png

I started dosing yesterday. Man the hunger thing got me. We happened to order a pizza for dinner and I pounded a bunch of it. Today I worked out light legs / Bi - Tri along with some ab work. I didn't deadlift because I had stuff to get done. I had a whey shake after workout. Lunch was eggs and ham. Dinner is a Bison patty with fruit. Wife made brownies for my treat.. :)

Anything I am missing?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck. You are going to love both products. However, AnaBeta is phenomenal.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck. You are going to love both products. However, AnaBeta is phenomenal.
Agreed - especially on the AnaBeta front. I completely understand why you train - for the most part it's the same for me as well, after having been an athlete for most of m,y life. As far as training - you don't have to train in a gym to get results (I haven't trained in a gym for most of the year)! Re nutrition, Lean Gains is an excellent nutritional method to follow - you should definitely see some nice results! All the best :)

~Rosie~

TechBuddha

Awards
Thanks everyone.

- Rosie, I have seen your abs avatar and I am jealous.

Early 4:30 AM core work out, 20 minutes of weighted exercise ball moves. First dose of Shift and Anabeta on board. Consumed some BCAA to prevent any muscle breakdown.

Other than being sweaty from working out no side effects to note. This is the third day of dosing. I won't have anything to report until after my workout tonight which will be Chest / Back / Shoulders.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks everyone.

- Rosie, I have seen your abs avatar and I am jealous.

Early 4:30 AM core work out, 20 minutes of weighted exercise ball moves. First dose of Shift and Anabeta on board. Consumed some BCAA to prevent any muscle breakdown.

Other than being sweaty from working out no side effects to note. This is the third day of dosing. I won't have anything to report until after my workout tonight which will be Chest / Back / Shoulders.
No worries :)

No need for jealousy, LOL. But just for motivation, although not on Lean Gains, that was achieved withOUT dieting, so know that you CAN get and STAY lean by listening to and eating for YOUR body!

Have fun with today's training session :D

~Rosie~

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Body Comp:
Measurements taken in non-pumped state.
Height 5'8"
Weight 160 (wet)
wrist 6.5
Ankle 9.5
Arm 16"
Chest 41.5"
Leg 21.5"
Waist 34" (taken at belly button, I wear 32 pants)
I've read in Beyond Brawn that these numbers are pretty close to my genetic potential as a natural athlete. I think they were the John McCallum's formula. I would be pretty happy to get bigger.
Wow, reading your stats I thought I wrote this, we are almost identical. I will def follow to see how AnaBeta treats my twin so I can see how it may affect me. How old are you?

TechBuddha

Awards
Yep, should have put that in the stats. Will go back and correct. 42 y/o. I guess I should add that I had testicular cancer in my 20's and had a testicle removed. I tend to run low on testosterone but WNL.

TechBuddha

Awards
Wow, reading your stats I thought I wrote this, we are almost identical. I will def follow to see how AnaBeta treats my twin so I can see how it may affect me. How old are you?
I just looked at your profile. All your lifts are heavier than mine. I would have to be the weaker twin. Very impressive weights compared to body weight.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just looked at your profile. All your lifts are heavier than mine. I would have to be the weaker twin. Very impressive weights compared to body weight.
funny, I am 42 also! I am a bit heavier whether it is muscle or not that gives an advantage. Thanks for the compliment, I am pretty strong for my size and I like to go heavy when I can . . . depends on the season/training style needed while I get ready for about 3-4 triathlons this summer/fall.

TechBuddha

Awards
I like to "own" the weights I lift, since I don't have a spotter. When I can do a 5 X 5 with a weight I feel I can move up. Hard to believe you are also 42. Too funny.

I am slightly bigger than the kid in your Avatar. :)

TechBuddha

Awards
Day Three:

Food:
Lunch was meat and veggies. Banana a little after lunch. A couple nuts.
Drank a protein shake on the way home from work.
Had eggs and ham for dinner. Ate an apple for filler.
Brownie for dessert.

Dose:
Two seperate doses of Shift and 4 pills of Anabeta.

Was only slightly warm today. I did have to urinate a lot today. Caught me off guard on my way to work... I was cursing the slow elevator, man I had to go. Hunger was in control today. It may be that I am used to being a little hungry from fasting every day until noon.

Workout went fine. Didn't notice anything in particular other than sweating a lot. But it is a little warm out. Scale weight was 159. Down a pound but I flucuate a little on weight each day. I will keep an eye on it every day. Did well on my lifts, no fatigue during the workout.

Would be nice to have instant results but need to be real about it. I hope to really feel Anabeta kick in.

TechBuddha

Awards
Day Four:

Food:
Lunch was meat / veggie combo again. Pretty much all week. Banana after lunch and a little later some yogurt.
Protien shake on the ride home from work.
Dinner was a turkey patty, blue berries and strawberries.
Brownie dessert.

Weight was 157-158 lbs today. A little lighter than yesterday. But I tend to fluctuate. Could be things are kicking in a little.

Got out of bed this morning and did 20 minutes of core work.
This afternoons/evenings workout was squat / deadlift / bi / tri.
Sweated a lot during the workout. Maybe the reason for the weight decrease. Bi / Tri had a good pump and deadlift was strong.

Drinking a lot and generally a little warmer but no ill side effects at this time. Still going to the bathroom frequently. Hunger under control. It's only day four but I am starting to think things will kick into gear by the end of the week. I like that the scale is moving in the right direction. I have lighter workouts with more volume for the rest of the week which will help.

Dose was four shift today. Two in the morning and two in the evening. Anabeta will be four today. I have one to take in an hour.

Check in again tomorrow.

TechBuddha

Awards
Day Five:

Weight was 158 today, so didn't see any change. I don't believe I will lose much weight.

Food:
Lunch was the meat / veggie combo and a banana. Yogurt snack a little later.
Protien shake on the trip home.
Dinner was eggs and ham.
Dessert was a little chocolate ice cream made with coconut milk.

Workout:
Light core workout when I got out of bed.
Evening workout was a light chest / back / shoulder workout. Better pumps with the lighter higer volume workout.

Other than the warmth and urinating a lot I am still not feeling too many other effects. Still early in the process.
I am dosing 4 pills of shift and four Anabeta. Wondering if I should increase my Anabeta by another pill or just be patient and see how things are after the weekend?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could try 6 on workout days only, 2 pre workout and 2 post workout, then the other 1 spread out

TechBuddha

Awards
You could try 6 on workout days only, 2 pre workout and 2 post workout, then the other 1 spread out
I am going cycling (the bike kind) this weekend and won't lift weights so I will probably make the change when I lift again next week. Thanks for the information.

TechBuddha

Awards
Day 6

Food was long the same lines:
Lunch was Meat and Veggie + Banana
Snack yogurt
Protein shake on way home from work.
Chicken and apple for dinner.
A piece of chocolate for dessert.

Workout:
I only did the morning core workout yesterday. With a heavy cycling day on Saturday coming up I need my legs to be fresh.

Weight was at 158 again. I am going to say that I have moved down 2 lbs since starting since I am holding this weight.

I hope that I will have some good endurance from taking the Anabeta this weekend when I ride Mt Diablo

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^ what happened