Why is 3,3T2 better than 3,5?

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
I was looking for a fatburner for my next cut. While searching I came across several of these T2 analogue fatburners. But all the manufacturers make different claims for their products. PES seems to be one of the reputablest companies around so I want to ask something about these T2 based fatburners like your AlphaT2/Shift. There are always claims that only 3,3T2 is non suppressive and 3,5T2 is.
But there is for example one study that says that 3,5T2 isnt suppressive on tsh: Lanni A. , et al., 3,5-Diiodo-L-thyronine powerfully reduces adiposity in rats, 2005, S. 1.
Another thing is taht 3,3T2 is faster metabolized than 3,5T2: Moreno, Lanni, Lombardi, & Goglia, 1997, S. 536.
So why do you think 3,3T2 is better than 3,5T2?
And are both really effective in human?
Another thing is arent all the T2 products on the market underdosed?
When you calculate the doses in the studies to human doses you would need about 4,5mcg/100g of bodyweight. So a 220pound athlete would need almost 4,5g of T2 a day.
Hope you can help me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kudos on actually doing research before posing questions - not something you see a lot of.

I've used AlphaT2 from PES and had TT33 from iForce stocked up, but have since found out I have hypothyroidism and will be on Synthroid the rest of my life, it seems, so I don't know that I'll be using any of these products again. I'm still interested in what you find out here, though, so I'm sub'd for info!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was looking for a fatburner for my next cut. While searching I came across several of these T2 analogue fatburners. But all the manufacturers make different claims for their products. PES seems to be one of the reputablest companies around so I want to ask something about these T2 based fatburners like your AlphaT2/Shift. There are always claims that only 3,3T2 is non suppressive and 3,5T2 is.
But there is for example one study that says that 3,5T2 isnt suppressive on tsh: Lanni A. , et al., 3,5-Diiodo-L-thyronine powerfully reduces adiposity in rats, 2005, S. 1.
Another thing is taht 3,3T2 is faster metabolized than 3,5T2: Moreno, Lanni, Lombardi, & Goglia, 1997, S. 536.
When you calculate the doses in the studies to human doses you would need about 4,5mcg/100g of bodyweight. So a 220pound athlete would need almost 4,5g of T2 a day.
Hope you can help me.
No doubt Josh will come in an answer your queries.

From a personal experience perspective- 3,3 works WITH my body, whereas 3,5 does not and makes me feel like the living dead (and yes, I tried several products containing 3,5 just to make sure it was that which was causing those effects). Alpha-T2 (and Shift) do not give me any of the effects I experienced with products containing 3,5, and also helps me in the achievement of my body goals re fat loss and recomp.

~Rosie~

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
No doubt Josh will come in an answer your queries.

From a personal experience perspective- 3,3 works WITH my body, whereas 3,5 does not and makes me feel like the living dead (and yes, I tried several products containing 3,5 just to make sure it was that which was causing those effects). Alpha-T2 (and Shift) do not give me any of the effects I experienced with products containing 3,5, and also helps me in the achievement of my body goals re fat loss and recomp.

~Rosie~
Yeah saw your review of alphat2. But don't get me wrong while using At2 you were on several other fatburners/stims so you can't fairly judge the effects of 3,3t2 alone. For example the methylsynephrine in itself seems to be very potent because it's a hybrid between ephedrine and synephrine. When you combine this ingredient with another stim/coffein you have a fairly powerful stack in itself. And then there is also the alpha-yohimbe.... See what I want to say? But I'm interested what other product you used which contained 3,5t2. Was it mitotropin? Used it 2 years ago and it also made me feel like dead...not to mention the stomach disconfort and the ugly taste of the tabs.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah saw your review of alphat2. But don't get me wrong while using At2 you were on several other fatburners/stims so you can't fairly judge the effects of 3,3t2 alone. For example the methylsynephrine in itself seems to be very potent because it's a hybrid between ephedrine and synephrine. When you combine this ingredient with another stim/coffein you have a fairly powerful stack in itself. And then there is also the alpha-yohimbe.... See what I want to say? But I'm interested what other product you used which contained 3,5t2. Was it mitotropin? Used it 2 years ago and it also made me feel like dead...not to mention the stomach disconfort and the ugly taste of the tabs.
I understand that you may see it like that. However, when I was using Alpha-T2, that was the ONLY new variable re supplementation - I know how my body responds to and the effects from the other products used, so I could accurately gauge to what extent Alpha-T2 helped me. I also know how other stimulants affect me, standalone or stacked with other stims - trust me when I know my body and notice the slightest difference with EVERYthing.

I have used both Mitotropin (used this twice - once stacked with ephedrine, but with the same effects - to double-check that I wasn't imagining things) and Cytolean V2 - there was another, but can't recall it off the top of my head, each of which had the same effects.

~Rosie~

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I haven't use a lot of fat burners becaue I'm usually trying to gain rather than loose, but I wanted to lean out a bit for the summer months so I decide to try the PES trifecta stack. I'm currently on week 2 and I've lost 3 lbs and reduced by body fat percentage by 1%. This stack seems to significanly reduce my appetite. It also seems to make me lethargic. I think I'm either going to reduce the amount of erase or start taking stims. I also have random wood throughout the day and night (especially at night) at age 61 (go figure), it must be the erase. Moreover, my gonies feel much bigger and fuller.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you can help me.
You cant do a direct comparison of bodyweight, instead you have to use the ratio of surface area of animal vs human.

The one thing with the T2's is, you're going to hear arguments both ways in every aspect. The biggest reason is there is not that much research done on the ingredients, especially what they are used for. But lack of research does NOT mean lack of effectiveness.

We did not just throw some stuff in a capsule. We sourced both the 3,5 and the 3,3 T2 versions prior to ever even released Alpha-T2

We tested combinations of the two, as well as just one or the other, as well as different doses. We found that 300mcg of 3,3-T2 gave a very desirable thermogenic effect, exactly what we were looking for.

The fact that there were studies on the 3,5-T2 showing a decrease in TSH in rats made us weary of selling it to the masses, because unfortunately it has not been tested in humans at human doses. So with that being said, 3,3-T2 gave us the effects we were looking for, as well as showing virtually insignificant effects on TSH on rats. That was important to us, as TSH suppression can cause a number of issues. Its a lot worse than say, HPTA or testosterone suppression in my opinion

Both 3,5 and 3,3 work and are effective, and are also effective at the doses most companies are selling them at. You will notice from the thermogenic effect they can give after 1 dose. 3,3 was just the ingredient that gave us what we were looking for

JayJo

Banned
Awards
You cant do a direct comparison of bodyweight, instead you have to use the ratio of surface area of animal vs human.

The one thing with the T2's is, you're going to hear arguments both ways in every aspect. The biggest reason is there is not that much research done on the ingredients, especially what they are used for. But lack of research does NOT mean lack of effectiveness.

We did not just throw some stuff in a capsule. We sourced both the 3,5 and the 3,3 T2 versions prior to ever even released Alpha-T2

We tested combinations of the two, as well as just one or the other, as well as different doses. We found that 300mcg of 3,3-T2 gave a very desirable thermogenic effect, exactly what we were looking for.

The fact that there were studies on the 3,5-T2 showing a decrease in TSH in rats made us weary of selling it to the masses, because unfortunately it has not been tested in humans at human doses. So with that being said, 3,3-T2 gave us the effects we were looking for, as well as showing virtually insignificant effects on TSH on rats. That was important to us, as TSH suppression can cause a number of issues. Its a lot worse than say, HPTA or testosterone suppression in my opinion

Both 3,5 and 3,3 work and are effective, and are also effective at the doses most companies are selling them at. You will notice from the thermogenic effect they can give after 1 dose. 3,3 was just the ingredient that gave us what we were looking for
Great post bro!

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
So have bought some bottles of shift. The directions on the bottle says to take it with or without food. Does it make any differences? I have heard that thyroid analogues loose their effectivness when taken with food since people on thyroid medications are adviced to take their medication in the morning 30min before breakfest?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So have bought some bottles of shift. The directions on the bottle says to take it with or without food. Does it make any differences? I have heard that thyroid analogues loose their effectivness when taken with food since people on thyroid medications are adviced to take their medication in the morning 30min before breakfest?
It shouldn't make a difference - if it did, it would have specified one or the other. Dose both with and without food and see which way is most effective for you and that you prefer.

~Rosie~

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Levothyroxine (T4) will bind to macronutrients (Pro/CHO/fat) due to the small measurement of active ingredient (micrograms), so it's recommended to take at least 30-60 minutes prior to any meal or food other than water for maximum absorption. I've seen patients take this medication with food and the body not absorb it throughly enough to help their thyroid levels, often time the doctor just upped the dose following the bloodwork without true communication from the patient. T2 converts at a different rate than T4 to their respective hormone, but I would still dose it at least 30 minutes before a meal. Chances are you won't be getting your bloodwork checked but I can guarantee you'll see better results that way.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How does 3,3 and 3,5 affect blood pressure? Could someone borderline hypertensive use them?