Non-Stim 8 week Transformation Log

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Introduction

Whats up guys

I recently hit up nattyd on facebook for the opportunity to log some PES supplements, and he hooked me up with 8 weeks worth of Erase & Shift! I received the bottles today, so its time for the transformation to begin....starting tomorrow. For now ill give you all the information.

Starting Stats
Weight - 195
Height - 5'10"
Body fat - Not sure, but too high.

The Diet

As of tomorrow, ill be restricting my caloric intake to ~2000 calories. Typically I follow a ratio of 20:1 for low carb to carb meals, ill be bumping it up to about 25:1. Ill post the exact outline for my food intake down to the last almond if anyone cares to see it, otherwise ill leave it at that.

Dosing

NattyD initially requested that I dose 4 shift/day and 3 erase/day, but since i want both to last the full 8 weeks, ill dose as follows:
Morning: 1 SHIFT, 1 ERASE
Afternoon: 1 SHIFT, 1 ERASE
Night: 1 SHIFT, 1 ERASE

The Training

I am adamant about not following a cardio routine when i diet down. Every time ive followed a steady cardio routine i end up losing too much LBM in the process. Cardio will only be added if i hit a significant fat loss plateau.

I'm just coming off another GVT routine with great success, and im switching back into a more basic weight lifting template. I plan on following a non-linear periodization routine, where each time i make it through my split, the rep ranges change. For those not familiar, ill be alternating between the 4-6, 8-10, and 12-15 rep max ranges on each subsequent workout for a given body part. My split will be as follows:
Day 1 - Chest/Shoulders/ Triceps
Day 2 - Legs
Day 3 - off
Day 4 - Back/ Biceps
Day 5 - off
Day 6 - Repeat Day 1

Other Supplements

Creatine monohydrate
Fish oil (10 grams)
5000 IU D3
R-ala (During carb meal)
performaxx multi-vitamin

I think I've covered everything, but if I'm missing any pertinent information, please let me know.​

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAL PICTURES

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good, I just got my erase and alpha t2 I'm planning to run 8 weeks myself at 3 caps each so ill be right with you.
Awesome! Do you plan on logging it, or posting your results?

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome! Do you plan on logging it, or posting your results?
Here is my log Getting Back To Work It started off as my workout log to document my progress, I will use only PES products and protein for 8 weeks then continue my workout log till I complete my goals.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here is my log Getting Back To Work It started off as my workout log to document my progress, I will use only PES products and protein for 8 weeks then continue my workout log till I complete my goals.
Sweet, subscribing to that ****.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching.

As for this: "I am adamant about not following a cardio routine when i diet down. Every time ive followed a steady cardio routine i end up losing too much LBM in the process. Cardio will only be added if i hit a significant fat loss plateau." That's fine, since cardio is not required for fat loss. However, just so you know, the reason you lose lean body mass when you add cardio in is because you add cardio in AND cut calories - you only need to do one or the other to get a caloric deficit, and doing both if not used to it only makes that deficit greater.

On another note, both you and WhatsaRoid are going to enjoy your stacks :)

~Rosie~

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Watching.

As for this: "I am adamant about not following a cardio routine when i diet down. Every time ive followed a steady cardio routine i end up losing too much LBM in the process. Cardio will only be added if i hit a significant fat loss plateau." That's fine, since cardio is not required for fat loss. However, just so you know, the reason you lose lean body mass when you add cardio in is because you add cardio in AND cut calories - you only need to do one or the other to get a caloric deficit, and doing both if not used to it only makes that deficit greater.

~Rosie~
I wanted to try PES before but your reviews on the products made them a priority and the reason I purchased so much during the nutra sale.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wanted to try PES before but your reviews on the products made them a priority and the reason I purchased so much during the nutra sale.
PES products are so simple and yet so effective. I don't make many products staples - especially now that my body can function without having to take multiple stimulants (thanks to Assault), but Erase and Alpha-T2 are two definite staples for me and I can't say enough about them. Look forward to seeing your experience and feedback on them as well, bud :cheers:

~Rosie~

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Watching.

~Rosie~
In the past i attempted to calculate the cardio into a ~500 calorie deficit, but i seemed to under-estimate the actual amount of calories i was burning. I also tried Berardi's G-flux concept by actually increasing my calories above maintenance and made the deficit come from increased exercise. I'm hypothesizing that i just had an acute cortisol response to the workload, and that caused a bit of muscle wasting.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PES products are so simple and yet so effective. I don't make many products staples - especially now that my body can function without having to take multiple stimulants (thanks to Assault), but Erase and Alpha-T2 are two definite staples for me and I can't say enough about them. Look forward to seeing your experience and feedback on them as well, bud :cheers:

~Rosie~
Agreed. AT-2 is great, but i feel Shift is going to be more of a staple for me, ESPECIALLY on refeed days.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the past i attempted to calculate the cardio into a ~500 calorie deficit, but i seemed to under-estimate the actual amount of calories i was burning. I also tried Berardi's G-flux concept by actually increasing my calories above maintenance and made the deficit come from increased exercise. I'm hypothesizing that i just had an acute cortisol response to the workload, and that caused a bit of muscle wasting.
Yeah, you really can't calculate it into it, since the calories you burn/use during a cardio session are NOT the full impact of the calories burnt from that session overall. The best thing to do is just adjust training (like nutrition) each week based on results.

~Rosie~

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, you really can't calculate it into it, since the calories you burn/use during a cardio session are NOT the full impact of the calories burnt from that session overall. The best thing to do is just adjust training (like nutrition) each week based on results.

~Rosie~
Haha, that sounds like a better idea. Perhaps i was just bad at my methods for monitoring fat loss.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, that sounds like a better idea. Perhaps i was just bad at my methods for monitoring fat loss.
Hey, you live and learn and hopefully don't repeat the same mistakes twice. Training and nutrition are a constant experiment to find what works the best for you, and once you find it, you stick to it, even if that method means readjustment weekly - which is what I do.

~Rosie~

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey, you live and learn and hopefully don't repeat the same mistakes twice. Training and nutrition are a constant experiment to find what works the best for you, and once you find it, you stick to it, even if that method means readjustment weekly - which is what I do.

~Rosie~
Good advice as always, thanks Rosie.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've edited my original post to include my other supplementation. I'll post a log update by today or tomorrow, so far nothing significant enough to update about. I'll have at least 1 significant log update a week.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you going to save posting the before pictures till later on ?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you going to save posting the before pictures till later on ?
Yes sir. Ive already emailed the before that im going to use to nattyd, so ill just post a side-by-side once 8 weeks has passed.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any workouts yet?
Yeah bro, hit up a workout last night, would you like me to post what i did?

On a side note, I have a bottle of PP's Turinabol that im going to sell, whats the going rate on this product now-a-days?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update​

So its been a few days since ive started this stack, figured id give you guys a quick update.

I dont have anything spectacular to report as of yet. I'm feeling a little leaner which i attribute to the drying effect of Erase, possibly dropped a couple pounds of water. The diet is going according to plan, and im actually finding it a little easier this time around. Usually during the first week or two of reduced intake my appetite is screaming, but this time i feel like i could easily miss a meal if i wasn't so attuned to my scheduling.

I was considering taking a progress picture on the end of week 4 and posting the before-midway point. That way we can see what one bottle of each has the potential to do with a decent diet and hard work. I'll keep you all updated as this continues.​

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update

So I've been on this stack for a little while now, and its definitely kicking in. Im looking significantly more dry, and ive definitely lost a few lbs of fat. No sides to speak of except for slightly sore joints.

Stay tuned for the midway progress pictures.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I've been on this stack for a little while now, and its definitely kicking in. Im looking significantly more dry, and ive definitely lost a few lbs of fat. No sides to speak of except for slightly sore joints.
Good stuff :)

~Rosie~

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update (With starting and current pics)

Alright so this cut has been going pretty well, figured id show you guys my embarrassing beginning as well as my current progression. I always seem to get wayy over fat during the holiday season, and its until i take a few pictures do i realize it.

Before

The left picture is right before starting this stack, the right picture is ~3 weeks in. I realize i have some gyno, it was caused by being fat/overweight during puberty, not by anabolics.

On a side note, ive recently increased my shift dosage to 4 caps a day. It seems things really kicked up once i bumped the dose.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice progress!
Thanks man, for only a few weeks in i think its pretty decent results. Its a little subtle, but judging by the belly button region of each picture i can definitely see the fat loss. Now that i bumped up my shift dose i feel things are going to be much more impressive.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man, for only a few weeks in i think its pretty decent results. Its a little subtle, but judging by the belly button region of each picture i can definitely see the fat loss. Now that i bumped up my shift dose i feel things are going to be much more impressive.
The progress is definitely subtle, but there. Keep at it - I personally find that I start really seeing results, almost daily, once I hit the 8-week mark when I am wanting fat loss over anything else.

~Rosie~

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The progress is definitely subtle, but there. Keep at it - I personally find that I start really seeing results, almost daily, once I hit the 8-week mark when I am wanting fat loss over anything else.

~Rosie~
Yeah, usually the closer i get to the "lean threshold" as Christian Thibaudeau describes it, i see faster results. I dont feel it has anything to do with the rate of fat lost being increased, but rather the region in body fat percentage where you generally look the same.

- "It's most likely due to what I call the ''lean threshold.'' You see, there's a point (a certain body fat percentage) where you start to look lean (around 10% for most men). There's also a point where you start to look fat (around 18-20% for most men). Then in between you have a certain zone where you basically look the same; you aren't lean enough to look defined so you don't really have any muscle separation.

At that point, even if you gain a few pounds of fat, you won't visually see the difference. This is compounded by the fact that you're seeing yourself every day, so you might not notice the small changes in appearance. Most men won't be able to see a visual difference in muscularity between 13 and 16%. But if you're 200 pounds, going from 13 to 16% body fat can mean a six pound gain in fat!"

-Christian Thibaudeau "The truth about bulking"

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, usually the closer i get to the "lean threshold" as Christian Thibaudeau describes it, i see faster results. I dont feel it has anything to do with the rate of fat lost being increased, but rather the region in body fat percentage where you generally look the same.
Remember also that the leaner you are when you lose bodyfat, the bigger the difference is going to appear than losing it at higher body compositions, so visibly seeing progress could just be because you have gotten to that point where even a -0.1% bodyfat is going to look huge. I'm not sure about the "lean threshold", but it also makes a huge difference knowing your body - for example, I can pretty much accurately guesstimate my body composition regardless of my scale weight or how I "feel".

~Rosie~

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very noticeable fat loss in the lower abs, which is the hardest place to lose! Well done man

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remember also that the leaner you are when you lose bodyfat, the bigger the difference is going to appear than losing it at higher body compositions, so visibly seeing progress could just be because you have gotten to that point where even a -0.1% bodyfat is going to look huge. I'm not sure about the "lean threshold", but it also makes a huge difference knowing your body - for example, I can pretty much accurately guesstimate my body composition regardless of my scale weight or how I "feel".

~Rosie~
Of course. Either way, I'm following everything as planned, and things are going accordingly. Expect a more epic picture in the future.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course. Either way, I'm following everything as planned, and things are going accordingly. Expect a more epic picture in the future.
It's always great when things happen as you want them to :thumbsup:

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very noticeable fat loss in the lower abs, which is the hardest place to lose! Well done man
Thanks man!

It's always great when things happen as you want them to :thumbsup:
For sure. I'm not even at the half-way point of the stack yet, either. I plan on taking another shot at the completion of 30ish days.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update

Since ive bumped up my shift dose by an additional cap ive been getting some definite thermogenic sides. I was taking an additional cap at bedtime, and i noticed that doing so was causing some bad night sweats. These past few weeks its been in the 40s where i live, and i had to turn my AC on. Fat loss seems to be in overdrive, i feel like everyday i look noticeably leaner than the last.

****s definitely got real

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update

Since ive bumped up my shift dose by an additional cap ive been getting some definite thermogenic sides. I was taking an additional cap at bedtime, and i noticed that doing so was causing some bad night sweats. These past few weeks its been in the 40s where i live, and i had to turn my AC on. Fat loss seems to be in overdrive, i feel like everyday i look noticeably leaner than the last.

****s definitely got real
I had to reduce my night time dose to one cap because my wife got tired of sleeping in my sweat.

srs.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had to reduce my night time dose to one cap because my wife got tired of sleeping in my sweat.

srs.
Dude i ****ing believe it, that **** was no joke! I just started taking it in my morning dose, and now my sleeps fine.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since ive bumped up my shift dose by an additional cap ive been getting some...Fat loss seems to be in overdrive, i feel like everyday i look noticeably leaner than the last.
Sounds like everything is going well, bud - keep going hard! :thumbsup:

~Rosie~

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
New picture coming soon.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update

So I've changed a few things around since my last picture, which has made a significant improvement in a relatively short time-frame.

First, I have added a lot of supplemental training to my current routine. On off days, and on the nights of some training days, i have been doing Poliquins 6-12-25 dropsets. The total workload, as far as training goes, has been increased to ~6-7 hours a week. John Berardi has mentioned in a few articles that for impressive transformations exercise should be in that region.

Second, and not as big of a deal, i dropped calories ~100 a day.

The increase in Shift has me sweating a tremendous amount more, and i really believe its doing everything as described. In the past when ive bumped up my activity to a similar amount, i burn out quickly, and eventually sacrifice LBM. Judging by the way i currently feel, im speculating that the cortisol inhibition properties of Erase are also as described.

In this picture Ive been no carb for 7 days, so im especially dry.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update

So I've changed a few things around since my last picture, which has made a significant improvement in a relatively short time-frame.

First, I have added a lot of supplemental training to my current routine. On off days, and on the nights of some training days, i have been doing Poliquins 6-12-25 dropsets. The total workload, as far as training goes, has been increased to ~6-7 hours a week. John Berardi has mentioned in a few articles that for impressive transformations exercise should be in that region.

Second, and not as big of a deal, i dropped calories ~100 a day.

The increase in Shift has me sweating a tremendous amount more, and i really believe its doing everything as described. In the past when ive bumped up my activity to a similar amount, i burn out quickly, and eventually sacrifice LBM. Judging by the way i currently feel, im speculating that the cortisol inhibition properties of Erase are also as described.

In this picture Ive been no carb for 7 days, so im especially dry.
Significant improvement is right - you can definitely see the difference from the last progress pictures you posted, particularly in your midsection, hips, and obliques.

What works best for each individual re progress and results for their personal goals and needs is going to be individual to them, and no one can tell them what is the "ideal" time they need to spend training - they will discover this themselves in time, mostly through experimenting, trial and error, or under the guidance of a trainer who can adjust things based on progress made.

So, you increased exercise AND decreased calories - huge factors in your progress, complimented by the supplements. Keep your nutrition optimal for fat loss without going too low and there is no reason why you should lose any muscle mass.

All in all, great progress so far :thumbsup: Keep it up!

~Rosie~

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing progress so far...Kevin has taken his diet and training to quite a high level...props!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Significant improvement is right - you can definitely see the difference from the last progress pictures you posted, particularly in your midsection, hips, and obliques.

All in all, great progress so far :thumbsup: Keep it up!

~Rosie~
Amazing progress so far...Kevin has taken his diet and training to quite a high level...props!
Thanks a lot guys! The positive feedback always helps me stay driven. I'll keep you all updated on my progress.