Erase and females - AnabolicMinds.com

Erase and females

  1. dat dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    33641

    Reputation

    Erase and females


    I have a female friend who wants to try Erase. What are the pros and cons of women taking erase? Thanks...

  2. nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,154
    Rep Power
    3183268

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Hard to say, really. What is her reason for wanting to use Erase? The is the important thing. Does she want to be in a more natural anabolic state?
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  3. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dat dude View Post
    I have a female friend who wants to try Erase. What are the pros and cons of women taking erase? Thanks...
    There is nothing wrong with females using Erase - just be aware that it lowers estrogen. However, if she's a beginner, does not have a decent training base, has never used supplements before and does not know much about them, or wants a "quick fix answer", then she should NOT use Erase.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   
       

  4. dat dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    33641

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    There is nothing wrong with females using Erase - just be aware that it lowers estrogen. However, if she's a beginner, does not have a decent training base, has never used supplements before and does not know much about them, or wants a "quick fix answer", then she should NOT use Erase.
    I think she wanted to know if she was on birth control would it be a bad idea to take Erase. She teaches aerobics and she's a certified trainer. She has used supplements (OEP and Alpha T-2 BCAA'S and protein powders) in the past but nothing like erase though.
  5. dat dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    33641

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Hard to say, really. What is her reason for wanting to use Erase? The is the important thing. Does she want to be in a more natural anabolic state?
    She wants to be leaner she's on birth control and wanted to know would Erase interfere with her birth control meds.
  6. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dat dude View Post
    I think she wanted to know if she was on birth control would it be a bad idea to take Erase. She teaches aerobics and she's a certified trainer. She has used supplements (OEP and Alpha T-2 BCAA'S and protein powders) in the past but nothing like erase though.
    Erase should not interfere with birth control, no.


    Quote Originally Posted by dat dude View Post
    She wants to be leaner she's on birth control and wanted to know would Erase interfere with her birth control meds.
    If she wants to be leaner, then she needs to look first to her NUTRITION AND TRAINING - you look at the basics before anything else. The key to fat loss success is predominantly in NUTRITION.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Erase should not interfere with birth control, no.
    I really wouldn't make that call. Supplementing with both an AI and some form of Estradiol seems like it would have a contraindication somewhere.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. dat dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    33641

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Erase should not interfere with birth control, no.




    If she wants to be leaner, then she needs to look first to her NUTRITION AND TRAINING - you look at the basics before anything else. The key to fat loss success is predominantly in NUTRITION.
    Thanks for the feedback. My friend is 5'6 maybe 120lbs she looks a little soft in her obliques. Overall I think she is in good shape decent abs back arms great legs. I'll ask her about her diet carbs protein intake etc.
  9. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I really wouldn't make that call. Supplementing with both an AI and some form of Estradiol seems like it would have a contraindication somewhere.
    True - although I have used 3,7-keto DHEA and other AIs, I've never used birth control, so I'm not the most qualified with experience re stacking them. An AI - or anything natural or synthetic that decreases Estrogen - could possibly interfere with or render hormonal birth control ineffective.


    Quote Originally Posted by dat dude View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. My friend is 5'6 maybe 120lbs she looks a little soft in her obliques. Overall I think she is in good shape decent abs back arms great legs. I'll ask her about her diet carbs protein intake etc.
    120 pounds at 5'6" is on the lighter side. If she "looks" soft, then it could be nutrition (food she's eating or water retention) or training (not enough resistance training or she doesn't have the muscle mass there) factors that need adjusting, or she holds any bodyfat she does have there. Either way, with those body statistics, I wouldn't recommend her using Erase - get her nutrition and training sorted for her goals and needs and she should be fine.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. OnTheRoadTo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    435

    Reputation

    This is idiotic. Women worried about softness from estrogen should just get off the pill. Almost all women are woefully undertrained, and most aren't looking at gain significant amounts of muscle above the baseline female athlete physique. Furthermore, women aren't going to produce high levels of testosterone to build muscle. Honestly, Rosie, I cringe every time you post something related to testosterone boosting.

    Put her on EC and alpha T2, with a competent diet (adequate protein, less carbs) and 5x5 style training.

    Cortisol control supps (Lean Xtreme, I like, I think forskolin is more effective in women.) can be very effective as well.
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .
  11. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    This is idiotic. Women worried about softness from estrogen should just get off the pill. Almost all women are woefully undertrained, and most aren't looking at gain significant amounts of muscle above the baseline female athlete physique. Furthermore, women aren't going to produce high levels of testosterone to build muscle. Honestly, Rosie, I cringe every time you post something related to testosterone boosting.

    Put her on EC and alpha T2, with a competent diet (adequate protein, less carbs) and 5x5 style training.

    Cortisol control supps (Lean Xtreme, I like, I think forskolin is more effective in women.) can be very effective as well.
    Calm down, bud. No one said anything about women and Testosterone, and just because I am a female, there is no reason why I should not know about and use such products (you've obviously never read either of my Breaking the Myth articles). Next time, make sure you read what people ACTUALLY write. And if you're going to make personal attacks, at least back up your statements and comments with something SOLID.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  12. OnTheRoadTo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    435

    Reputation

    You know what? I was out of line. My apologies. Women's mainstream fitness is just so broken that I can get riled up at the drop of a pin.
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .
  13. fanzdslpwr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    why doesn't she take a different form of birth control (IUD,Condoms) the pill has been shown to lower womens natural test levels by 40%. Have her stop the pill for 2 months and use another method of birth control and reassess from there.
  14. nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,154
    Rep Power
    3183268

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by fanzdslpwr View Post
    why doesn't she take a different form of birth control (IUD,Condoms) the pill has been shown to lower womens natural test levels by 40%. Have her stop the pill for 2 months and use another method of birth control and reassess from there.
    Damn that is probably why girls lose sex drive on BC.

    I have no idea about Erase with Birth Control, and there are so many different kinds now. I certainly wouldnt risk it. I mean antibiotics and grapefruit juice can make birth control bad...scary!
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  15. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Damn that is probably why girls lose sex drive on BC.

    I have no idea about Erase with Birth Control, and there are so many different kinds now. I certainly wouldnt risk it. I mean antibiotics and grapefruit juice can make birth control bad...scary!
    I wouldn't have a clue since I don't use it . . .

    . . . And yeah, I started using Erase on Tuesday for those interested in the female experience with the product: The REVOLUTION of the Female Terminator CONTINUES with ERASE
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  16. fanzdslpwr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    just by stopping the pill should tighten her up abit in the midsection
  17. F355's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    336

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I really wouldn't make that call. Supplementing with both an AI and some form of Estradiol seems like it would have a contraindication somewhere.
    I'm with Rodja on this, seriously.

    Using BC plus an AI (whether it's OTC or not) will more than likely interact somewhere down the line, probably sooner than later. The fact that both these type of compounds decrease estrogen shows that it will certainly suppress estrogen too much. I would not advise a woman to use an AI while on BC, unless she's cleared by her physician of all possible side-effects. If you don't want to make an appointment with your doctor to talk about it, just ask a pharmacist at your local pharmacy real quick to get a better insight.

    With that said, women honestly do not need to use AIs or estrogen controllers to lean out or lose weight. High reps, low weight, lots of cardio and just clean eating will lean and tighten a woman's body up in no time.
  18. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by F355 View Post
    With that said, women honestly do not need to use AIs or estrogen controllers to lean out or lose weight. High reps, low weight, lots of cardio and just clean eating will lean and tighten a woman's body up in no time.
    No, women do not need to use AIs or ANYthing but the basic staples to lean out and lose weight. As for your second sentences - that's like telling a woman it's ok to use pink dumbbells and do excessive cardio. Losing fat is NO different for a female than it is a male, and lifting as HEAVY as she can for low- to medium reps, little or no cardio (since cardio is NOT necessary for fat loss!), but predominantly NUTRITION targeted towards fat loss will be effective and successful.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  19. OnTheRoadTo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    435

    Reputation

    I'm pretty sure he means 8-10 reps, not "pink dumbbells"
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .
  20. F355's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    336

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott
    No, women do not need to use AIs or ANYthing but the basic staples to lean out and lose weight. As for your second sentences - that's like telling a woman it's ok to use pink dumbbells and do excessive cardio. Losing fat is NO different for a female than it is a male, and lifting as HEAVY as she can for low- to medium reps, little or no cardio (since cardio is NOT necessary for fat loss!), but predominantly NUTRITION targeted towards fat loss will be effective and successful.

    ~Rosie~
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means 8-10 reps, not "pink dumbbells"
    If anything, my comment was intended to be a compliment to women. I don't see how the rest of my comment relates to telling women what exercise equipment to use. Every woman that I know essentially wants a curvy and lean figure, not bulky nor stick-like. High reps, low weight, a decent amount of cardio, and yoga/pilates/stretching is practically the perfect regimen for any woman that is looking for the type of body I just mentioned.

    I also wouldn't go as far as to say that cardio is NOT necessary for fat loss, considering it's basically the opposite for a lot of people. Sure, strength training increases cardiovascular activity but utilizing ONLY that as a part of a fat loss routine is not going to work, at least not for everyone. Only the few that are genetically gifted can get away with just lifting weights to stay lean. It almost necessary to incorporate moderate-high intensity cardio to enhance and even maintain a lean physique.
  21. specmike's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    694
    Rep Power
    7220

    Reputation

    Thread resurrection alert. I have already bought my bottle of ERASE so this is purely for informational purposes.

    I am curious for a couple of reasons here. First, here is the current ERASE product page.

    Here is one of the introductory ERASE posts from PESs nattydisaster last summer.

    The current info does not say "ERASE YOUR ESTROGEN". Not sure this matters to anyone. I just happened to notice the discrepency and wondered if it was an accidental omission or if the statement was intentionally edited.

    My real questions are:

    1: By what method does ERASE lower estrogen? Is it ONLY by an AI mechanism meaning it inhibits testosterone aromitazation?

    2: Is there additional estrogen reduction in addition to the AI activity?

    3: Would this differ in a female using ERASE?


    I too am wondering about the birth control question. My wife uses it primarily for regulation of her periods, notpregnancy prevention. So, I'm wondering if anyone has discovered just what ERASE might do in conjunction with BC.

    "IF" ERASE is only reducing overall estrogen via an AI action, it would not effect the estrogen + progesterone being directly delivered by the NuvaRing. Therefore, it "seems" like it would simply lower overall estrogen levels via the AI activity.

    DISCLAIMER: I don't expect anyone here to go out on a limb here and offer what might seem like family planning or medical advice. But, she's VERY interested in trying the T2+Erase stack so we're just curious. Don't worry, I won't come after any of you for child support
  22. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    Thread resurrection alert. I have already bought my bottle of ERASE so this is purely for informational purposes.

    I am curious for a couple of reasons here. First, here is the current ERASE product page.

    Here is one of the introductory ERASE posts from PESs nattydisaster last summer.

    The current info does not say "ERASE YOUR ESTROGEN". Not sure this matters to anyone. I just happened to notice the discrepency and wondered if it was an accidental omission or if the statement was intentionally edited.

    My real questions are:

    1: By what method does ERASE lower estrogen? Is it ONLY by an AI mechanism meaning it inhibits testosterone aromitazation?

    2: Is there additional estrogen reduction in addition to the AI activity?

    3: Would this differ in a female using ERASE?


    I too am wondering about the birth control question. My wife uses it primarily for regulation of her periods, notpregnancy prevention. So, I'm wondering if anyone has discovered just what ERASE might do in conjunction with BC.

    "IF" ERASE is only reducing overall estrogen via an AI action, it would not effect the estrogen + progesterone being directly delivered by the NuvaRing. Therefore, it "seems" like it would simply lower overall estrogen levels via the AI activity.

    DISCLAIMER: I don't expect anyone here to go out on a limb here and offer what might seem like family planning or medical advice. But, she's VERY interested in trying the T2+Erase stack so we're just curious. Don't worry, I won't come after any of you for child support
    1. Some information on 3,7-keto DHEA (the active in Erase) from the FREE TEST write-up:
    Regulating Estrogen and Increasing Testosterone via Suicide Aromatase Inhibition: The Role of 3, 7-Keto DHEA:

    * 3, 7-Keto DHEA is a naturally-occurring metabolite of dehydroepiandosterone (DHEA), and is a potent aromatase inhibitor with some very unique qualities. Aromatase is an enzyme that transforms testosterone into estrogen, and the more active aromatase is, the more estrogen will ultimately be present. Therefore, aromatase inhibitors significantly decrease the level of estrogen in the body. This is important as increased estrogen in men can signal the hypothalamic pituitary testicular axis (HPTA) to shut down the release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). GnRH signals the production of luteinizing hormone (LH), which signals the production of testosterone. Therefore, increased estrogen levels can lower endogenous testosterone production (21,29,31).

    * 3, 7-Keto DHEA has demonstrated strong ability to lower estrogen, thus mitigating this effect. It has a high binding affinity (Ki value = 0.22 mM) to the aromatase enzyme, and binds in an irreversible manner, making it a suicide inhibitor of aromatase. Ki Values measure how efficiently a compound binds to its associated receptor. The lower the Ki value; the higher the binding affinity. This inhibition allows for the production of less estradiol (E2) and estrone (E1) and allows the user of the compound to maintain a higher level of testosterone; hence improving the Testosterone: Estrogen (T:E) ratio. The mechanism through which aromatase inhibitors raise testosterone is fairly simple; the HPTA senses low levels of estrogen, and because the body seeks to maintain homeostasis (it likes to maintain at least some estrogen, even in men), there is a concurrent increase in the amount of testosterone that is being produced, as a way to compensate for the low estrogen levels. The increased testosterone levels normally will result in increased estrogen since there is no estrogen being produced. Essentially, the brain is tricked into trying to produce more estrogen, so it releases more luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LHRH) and subsequently more LH, leading to even higher testosterone levels (20,21-23).

    * All aromatase inhibitors share this characteristic of positively altering the T:E ratio, and all will raise serum testosterone levels in men, which has been referenced in numerous studies. 3,7-Keto DHEA is comparable in potency to several other commonly available aromatase inhibitors. As explained above, a lower Ki value means higher potency, making it more potent than both Formestane and Exemestane, and very similar to androstentrione (ATD) (31,55).

    * 3,7-Keto DHEA is unique from other commonly used aromatase inhibitors in sports supplements in that it is a natural metabolite of 7-Keto DHEA and it cannot directly bind to the androgen receptor. 3,7-Keto DHEA (like 7-Keto DHEA) also cannot convert to testosterone, estrogen, or progesterone via any type of enzymatic reaction, so by strict definition it cannot in any way be considered a prohormone. This clearly differentiates it from other recently banned products that allow for the direct conversion to a controlled substance in the body (in either in trace amounts or full-scale conversion). This can not occur with 3,7-Keto DHEA, as it is formed naturally in humans from 7-Keto DHEA and can be readily found in humans in the amount of 5-7 ug/day (23-24).
    2. See information above.

    3. A female using Erase should get the effects through the same mechanisms and pathways. However, since LH has a different mechanism in males and females, I cannot say this for sure, so someone more knowledgeable may say something about this.

    I don't use BC, so I cannot comment on using it with Erase.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  23. DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,461
    Rep Power
    684952

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Man Rosie does so much to despell the myth of women in fitness, I have been watching cuz it's so true to my own beliefs. I train my girls just the way I would a man and the results are astounding, they don't get bulky just better shape. That's why I like to call it body shaping instead of building when I talk to women. Anywho, the girls are avid believers, I love training women!! They listen to what you say and they're fun to look at...

    Yah Monica will probably try erase based on Rosie's experience..

    Ontheroadto, good form in owning up man... looks good on you, and Rosie is one woman I would not like to argue with... hehe...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  24. specmike's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    694
    Rep Power
    7220

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    That's why I like to call it body shaping instead of building when I talk to women. Anywho, the girls are avid believers, I love training women!! They listen to what you say and they're fun to look at...
    Most people don't realize that women simply don't have enough testosterone in their system (naturally of course) to develop and keep the same amount of muscle mass as the average healthy natural male. And, women with Adam's Apples and enlarged .....genitalia are NOT attractive to me.
  25. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    Most people don't realize that women simply don't have enough testosterone in their system (naturally of course) to develop and keep the same amount of muscle mass as the average healthy natural male...
    Yes! This is exactly one of the reasons I wrote Breaking the Myth: "If I Lift heavy I'll end up looking like a man!"

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  26. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    Most people don't realize that women simply don't have enough testosterone in their system (naturally of course) to develop and keep the same amount of muscle mass as the average healthy natural male. And, women with Adam's Apples and enlarged .....genitalia are NOT attractive to me.
    I think everyone realizes this fact. However, there is more to adding LBM than just testosterone.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I think everyone realizes this fact. However, there is more to adding LBM than just testosterone.
    Absolutely - nutrition, training, etc. Some people don't realize that either
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  28. specmike's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    694
    Rep Power
    7220

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I think everyone realizes this fact. However, there is more to adding LBM than just testosterone.
    I did not mean the type of people that would be reading AM. By "most", I mean the average gym person that goes thru the motions but does not study nutrition and supplementation, biology, endocrinology, exercise techniques, etc. And of course, people that don't exercise at all.

    Quite a few of these types of people, at some point in their life, have seen a female body builder and assumed that she got that way simply by lifting a few weights and eating raw meat. How many times have you heard both males and females making statements about not wanting to get too big?
  29. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    I did not mean the type of people that would be reading AM. By "most", I mean the average gym person that goes thru the motions but does not study nutrition, biology, endocrinology, exercise techniques, etc. And of course, people that don't exercise at all.

    Quite a few of these types of people, at some point in their life, have seen a female body builder and assumed that she got that way simply by lifting a few weights and eating raw meat. How many times have you heard both males and females making statements about not wanting to get too big?
    I was not referring to AM either. I think most can name to primary male and female hormone.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. badfish51581's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    217

    Reputation

    I have a quesiton.

    Being the majority of the circulating estrogen in pre-menopausal women is created in their ovaries, what is the point of an aromatase inhibitor? The reason it works in men is because the majority fo the estrogen we have circulating is actually created through the conversion of testosterone to estrogen via aromatase. Thus stopping this conversion drastically lowers our estrogen. Aromatization doesn't not account for the majority of circulating estrogen in pre-menopausal women.

    I don't get what the point is for women. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.


    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Damn that is probably why girls lose sex drive on BC.
    Birth Control has been known to permantly increase SHBG. I'd imagine this would lower what little free testosterone they have which would have an impact on libido.
  31. specmike's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    694
    Rep Power
    7220

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I was not referring to AM either. I think most can name to primary male and female hormone.
    LOL....naming them and having any clue as to what they do is 2 VERY different things.

    I'll requalify my statement. In MY experience, more than 50% of people that I have personally heard speak on the subject are in no way educated on what it truly takes to give a female the type of masculine traits seen in female body builders. These are the same people that Rosie and DreamWeaver were addressing when they spoke of myths above. These people are ignorant to the advantages of and methods to resistance training for females.
  32. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by badfish51581 View Post
    I have a quesiton.

    Being the majority of the circulating estrogen in pre-menopausal women is created in their ovaries, what is the point of an aromatase inhibitor? The reason it works in men is because the majority fo the estrogen we have circulating is actually created through the conversion of testosterone to estrogen via aromatase. Thus stopping this conversion drastically lowers our estrogen. Aromatization doesn't not account for the majority of circulating estrogen in pre-menopausal women.

    I don't get what the point is for women. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

    Birth Control has been known to permantly increase SHBG. I'd imagine this would lower what little free testosterone they have which would have an impact on libido.
    It doesn't matter WHERE a female's estrogen is created - aromatase enzymes are located in the midsection, and an AI is going to have similar - if not the same - effects on a female as on a male (i.e. decreasing water, etc.).

    There are many reasons why a female might want to use a product with AI properties - I know that personally notice the difference when I am using a product with AI properties. It makes me drier for one - also note that one of the primary reasons I love Erase is not necessarily for its AI properties, but because it is the best product I have ever used re joints.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  33. DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,461
    Rep Power
    684952

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It doesn't matter WHERE a female's estrogen is created - aromatase enzymes are located in the midsection, and an AI is going to have similar - if not the same - effects on a female as on a male (i.e. decreasing water, etc.).

    There are many reasons why a female might want to use a product with AI properties - I know that personally notice the difference when I am using a product with AI properties. It makes me drier for one - also note that one of the primary reasons I love Erase is not necessarily for its AI properties, but because it is the best product I have ever used re joints.

    ~Rosie~
    Damn good cort blocker as well...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  34. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Damn good cort blocker as well...
    Yes - Erase is good for a great many reasons, which is why it is my favourite and #1 Testosterone booster of choice.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  35. badfish51581's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    217

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It doesn't matter WHERE a female's estrogen is created - aromatase enzymes are located in the midsection, and an AI is going to have similar - if not the same - effects on a female as on a male (i.e. decreasing water, etc.).

    There are many reasons why a female might want to use a product with AI properties - I know that personally notice the difference when I am using a product with AI properties. It makes me drier for one - also note that one of the primary reasons I love Erase is not necessarily for its AI properties, but because it is the best product I have ever used re joints.

    ~Rosie~
    Please elucidate more on this subject because apparently my understanding of what the effects of using an aromatase inhibitor are incorrect.

    My understanding: By inhibiting the actions of the aromatase enzyme in males this effectively cuts off the majority the supply estrogen produced in their bodies since the majority (@ 80%) of estrogen is created via aromatization of androgens to estrogens. The reason this causes testosterone increases in men is because the body up regulates testosterone production in order to increase circulating estrogen. Men notice a drying effect because of the reduction in estrogen.

    Where my confusion lies: In women, this process does not account for the majority of circulating estrogen, so inhibiting this process has minimal effect on circulating estrogens. There is also no feedback loop created increasing testosterone output.

    Are you suggesting that despite this main difference in hormonal pathways the amount of testosterone NOT being converted to estrogen is still noticeable enough for you to recommend to other women?
  36. Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by badfish51581 View Post
    Please elucidate more on this subject because apparently my understanding of what the effects of using an aromatase inhibitor are incorrect.

    My understanding: By inhibiting the actions of the aromatase enzyme in males this effectively cuts off the majority the supply estrogen produced in their bodies since the majority (@ 80%) of estrogen is created via aromatization of androgens to estrogens. The reason this causes testosterone increases in men is because the body up regulates testosterone production in order to increase circulating estrogen. Men notice a drying effect because of the reduction in estrogen.

    Where my confusion lies: In women, this process does not account for the majority of circulating estrogen, so inhibiting this process has minimal effect on circulating estrogens. There is also no feedback loop created increasing testosterone output.

    Are you suggesting that despite this main difference in hormonal pathways the amount of testosterone NOT being converted to estrogen is still noticeable enough for you to recommend to other women?
    You are confusing yourself and trying to complicate things here. I am not talking about Testosterone converting to Estrogen at all in females.

    As I said, from personal experience I DO notice the difference and I DO dry out and hold less water when using a product with AI properties - you can dispute this all you like, but I know my body and how it responds, and your opinion will not change that fact.

    Josh or someone else might like to step in here and say something, since you guys don't seem to like hearing this from a female.

    Note also that an AI or something that contains AI properties is not something that I would recommend to a female - UNLESS she were a very experienced trainee, her nutrition and training were on target for her goals, she knew what she was doing, and knew about the ins and outs, risks and benefits, etc., that can occur with such use.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  37. badfish51581's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    217

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    You are confusing yourself and trying to complicate things here. I am not talking about Testosterone converting to Estrogen at all in females.

    As I said, from personal experience I DO notice the difference and I DO dry out and hold less water when using a product with AI properties - you can dispute this all you like, but I know my body and how it responds, and your opinion will not change that fact.

    Josh or someone else might like to step in here and say something, since you guys don't seem to like hearing this from a female.

    Note also that an AI or something that contains AI properties is not something that I would recommend to a female - UNLESS she were a very experienced trainee, her nutrition and training were on target for her goals, she knew what she was doing, and knew about the ins and outs, risks and benefits, etc., that can occur with such use.

    ~Rosie~
    I'm not trying to debate your personal experience. I believe your personal feedback and that you saw a drying effect, but that doesn't answer my question about how this process works. All I was trying to do is put out my understanding of the biological process hoping someone could fill in the pieces I'm missing in terms of how this works in females.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 12:15 PM
  2. Females and AAS
    By HawaiianPride in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 01:26 AM
  3. R-ALA and females???
    By DieTrying in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 05:19 PM
  4. PH's for females
    By scotty2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 03:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in