Erase and females

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I was not referring to AM either. I think most can name to primary male and female hormone.
    LOL....naming them and having any clue as to what they do is 2 VERY different things.

I'll requalify my statement. In MY experience, more than 50% of people that I have personally heard speak on the subject are in no way educated on what it truly takes to give a female the type of masculine traits seen in female body builders. These are the same people that Rosie and DreamWeaver were addressing when they spoke of myths above. These people are ignorant to the advantages of and methods to resistance training for females.

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by badfish51581 View Post
    I have a quesiton.

Being the majority of the circulating estrogen in pre-menopausal women is created in their ovaries, what is the point of an aromatase inhibitor? The reason it works in men is because the majority fo the estrogen we have circulating is actually created through the conversion of testosterone to estrogen via aromatase. Thus stopping this conversion drastically lowers our estrogen. Aromatization doesn't not account for the majority of circulating estrogen in pre-menopausal women.

I don't get what the point is for women. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Birth Control has been known to permantly increase SHBG. I'd imagine this would lower what little free testosterone they have which would have an impact on libido.
    It doesn't matter WHERE a female's estrogen is created - aromatase enzymes are located in the midsection, and an AI is going to have similar - if not the same - effects on a female as on a male (i.e. decreasing water, etc.).

There are many reasons why a female might want to use a product with AI properties - I know that personally notice the difference when I am using a product with AI properties. It makes me drier for one - also note that one of the primary reasons I love Erase is not necessarily for its AI properties, but because it is the best product I have ever used re joints.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It doesn't matter WHERE a female's estrogen is created - aromatase enzymes are located in the midsection, and an AI is going to have similar - if not the same - effects on a female as on a male (i.e. decreasing water, etc.).

There are many reasons why a female might want to use a product with AI properties - I know that personally notice the difference when I am using a product with AI properties. It makes me drier for one - also note that one of the primary reasons I love Erase is not necessarily for its AI properties, but because it is the best product I have ever used re joints.

~Rosie~
    Damn good cort blocker as well...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Damn good cort blocker as well...
    Yes - Erase is good for a great many reasons, which is why it is my favourite and #1 Testosterone booster of choice.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

~Rosie~
    Please elucidate more on this subject because apparently my understanding of what the effects of using an aromatase inhibitor are incorrect.

My understanding: By inhibiting the actions of the aromatase enzyme in males this effectively cuts off the majority the supply estrogen produced in their bodies since the majority (@ 80%) of estrogen is created via aromatization of androgens to estrogens. The reason this causes testosterone increases in men is because the body up regulates testosterone production in order to increase circulating estrogen. Men notice a drying effect because of the reduction in estrogen.

Where my confusion lies: In women, this process does not account for the majority of circulating estrogen, so inhibiting this process has minimal effect on circulating estrogens. There is also no feedback loop created increasing testosterone output.

Are you suggesting that despite this main difference in hormonal pathways the amount of testosterone NOT being converted to estrogen is still noticeable enough for you to recommend to other women?
  6. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by badfish51581 View Post
    Please elucidate more on this subject because apparently my understanding of what the effects of using an aromatase inhibitor are incorrect.

My understanding: By inhibiting the actions of the aromatase enzyme in males this effectively cuts off the majority the supply estrogen produced in their bodies since the majority (@ 80%) of estrogen is created via aromatization of androgens to estrogens. The reason this causes testosterone increases in men is because the body up regulates testosterone production in order to increase circulating estrogen. Men notice a drying effect because of the reduction in estrogen.

Where my confusion lies: In women, this process does not account for the majority of circulating estrogen, so inhibiting this process has minimal effect on circulating estrogens. There is also no feedback loop created increasing testosterone output.

Are you suggesting that despite this main difference in hormonal pathways the amount of testosterone NOT being converted to estrogen is still noticeable enough for you to recommend to other women?
    You are confusing yourself and trying to complicate things here. I am not talking about Testosterone converting to Estrogen at all in females.

As I said, from personal experience I DO notice the difference and I DO dry out and hold less water when using a product with AI properties - you can dispute this all you like, but I know my body and how it responds, and your opinion will not change that fact.

Josh or someone else might like to step in here and say something, since you guys don't seem to like hearing this from a female.

Note also that an AI or something that contains AI properties is not something that I would recommend to a female - UNLESS she were a very experienced trainee, her nutrition and training were on target for her goals, she knew what she was doing, and knew about the ins and outs, risks and benefits, etc., that can occur with such use.

~Rosie~

7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

You are confusing yourself and trying to complicate things here. I am not talking about Testosterone converting to Estrogen at all in females.

As I said, from personal experience I DO notice the difference and I DO dry out and hold less water when using a product with AI properties - you can dispute this all you like, but I know my body and how it responds, and your opinion will not change that fact.

Josh or someone else might like to step in here and say something, since you guys don't seem to like hearing this from a female.

Note also that an AI or something that contains AI properties is not something that I would recommend to a female - UNLESS she were a very experienced trainee, her nutrition and training were on target for her goals, she knew what she was doing, and knew about the ins and outs, risks and benefits, etc., that can occur with such use.

~Rosie~
    I'm not trying to debate your personal experience. I believe your personal feedback and that you saw a drying effect, but that doesn't answer my question about how this process works. All I was trying to do is put out my understanding of the biological process hoping someone could fill in the pieces I'm missing in terms of how this works in females.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 12:15 PM
  2. Females and AAS
    By HawaiianPride in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 01:26 AM
  3. R-ALA and females???
    By DieTrying in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 05:19 PM