Erase + Alpha T2 log

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I've been dieting for about 8 weeks now, and have dropped 12lbs of fat and actually gained 1lb lean body mass. My progress has stalled a bit, and instead of dropping my calories excessively low, i've decided to start taking the erase + alpha t-2. I've been reading a ton of good things about both erase and AT2, so I figured it would be great to see if it lives up to all the hype. Plus, I think my estrogen may be a tad bit high, nothing extreme, i just tend to hold fat around my obliques, low back, and abs.

I will be updating this log on a daily basis with my workouts, my nutrition stays the same day to day, so no need to post it. I'll log any and all effects that I feel from this stack. i'll post before and after pictures. I will also have bod pod measurements at the beginning and end of the cycle. Wish me luck...

Currently:
Height: 5'8.5"
Weight: 201
BF %: 14%
LBM: 172lbs

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck......Erase is phenomenal

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been dieting for about 8 weeks now, and have dropped 12lbs of fat and actually gained 1lb lean body mass. My progress has stalled a bit, and instead of dropping my calories excessively low, i've decided to start taking the erase + alpha t-2. I've been reading a ton of good things about both erase and AT2, so I figured it would be great to see if it lives up to all the hype. Plus, I think my estrogen may be a tad bit high, nothing extreme, i just tend to hold fat around my obliques, low back, and abs.

I will be updating this log on a daily basis with my workouts, my nutrition stays the same day to day, so no need to post it. I'll log any and all effects that I feel from this stack. i'll post before and after pictures. I will also have bod pod measurements at the beginning and end of the cycle. Wish me luck...

Currently:
Height: 5'8.5"
Weight: 201
BF %: 14%
LBM: 172lbs
Sensible man - you do NOT have to be ridiculous with your caloric intake to effectively and successfully lose bodyfat. If you've been dieting for eight weeks now, then your progress should really start waterfalling from now on for at least another four weeks.

Alpha-T2 us a great product - so much so that I have made it one of my STAPLES. And I'll be using Erase in 2-3 weeks :)

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I completely agree. I do the minimum amount possible to be effective. Its nice to see that someone thinks i'm sensible. You may disagree once you see my workouts. I do all my workouts in specialization phases. The body part that i'm specializing on will get hit twice a day for 3 days in a row, then a day off. So right now its , Mon, Tues, Wed: back twice a day, thursday: off, Friday: Legs, Saturday: chest shoulders tris, Sunday: off

Oh by the way, I'm currently waiting on my Erase and AT2 to get here. They should probably be here tomorrow or monday, possibly tuesday though.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
i cant wait to jump on this stack ive been cutting down very slowly for 2 months ive dropped 9lbs trying to really preserve muscle but i to hold water/fat on lower abs, and lower back hopefully this stack will bring out more definition... i cant wait, start it nov.1

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to see your theories on your exercise splits.

And of course the effects of the stack! :D

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
well for starters, on all my workout days I try to break my lifting up into two sessions. This allows me to use higher intensity for each session, due to being less fatigued. It will increase your testosterone levels for twice the amount of time and also helps to keep your metabolism sped up for a longer period throughout the day.

I feel that muscles respond best to specialization phases, at least the changes are more noticeable. I've also found that if i do 3 days of specialization work back to back that I grow more on the 4 days of rest than I would if I just worked the body part 3 times a week with a day of rest in between each. This type of training has to be really well planned out, because no one could recover from heavy deadlifts for 3 days in a row... Most people think a routine like mine can only be done while on countless drugs, currently I have only taken protein powder, creatine, and fish oil. I have no problem with recovery, because my plan is pretty well thought out.

For my diet, I use Intermittent Fasting. It sounds pretty contradictory to everything most people have ever heard about dieting. Basically I have a 16 hour period in which I don't consume any calories. I have an 8 hour window in which to consume calories. This increases insulin sensitivity, increases catecholamine levels which in turn boosts metabolism, and it also increases natural growth hormone production. Obviously growth hormone helps to build muscle as well as drop body fat, and keeps my joints feeling better. This type of dieting also allows for better digestion. The thing that probably helps the most with this diet is that it allows me to consume ALL of my calories in the peri-workout window. I think this is how i've been able to build muscle while dropping fat.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I completely agree. I do the minimum amount possible to be effective. Its nice to see that someone thinks i'm sensible. You may disagree once you see my workouts. I do all my workouts in specialization phases. The body part that i'm specializing on will get hit twice a day for 3 days in a row, then a day off. So right now its , Mon, Tues, Wed: back twice a day, thursday: off, Friday: Legs, Saturday: chest shoulders tris, Sunday: off
No work for shoulders?

If you were only doing 1-2 exercises per session or short 10-15 minute sessions, then doing two-a-days are not so bad, but if it's anything much more than that you need more recovery time.

For my diet, I use Intermittent Fasting. It sounds pretty contradictory to everything most people have ever heard about dieting. Basically I have a 16 hour period in which I don't consume any calories. I have an 8 hour window in which to consume calories. This increases insulin sensitivity, increases catecholamine levels which in turn boosts metabolism, and it also increases natural growth hormone production. Obviously growth hormone helps to build muscle as well as drop body fat, and keeps my joints feeling better. This type of dieting also allows for better digestion. The thing that probably helps the most with this diet is that it allows me to consume ALL of my calories in the peri-workout window. I think this is how i've been able to build muscle while dropping fat.
Whatever works for you. I know that MY nutrition is definitely controversial and would never recommend it for anyone else. But, at the end of the day, you find and do what works for YOU.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Rosie, you'd definitely be surprised at what you can recover from if you've done it for a while, and use proper peri workout nutrition.

Today's Workout:

Standing Military Press: 95x5,105x5,115x5,125x5,135x5,145x5,155x5
Incline Bench Press: 155x5,175x5,185x5,195x5,205x5,215x5
Bench: 225x5,235x5,245x5,255x5,265x5

Session 2 will be:

A1) Cable Flies: 2x Max Reps
A2) DB Flies: 2x Max Reps
A3) Push ups: 2x Max reps
B1) Incline Lateral Raises (facing back pad): 2x Max Reps
B2) Incline Lateral Raises: 2x Max reps
B3) Incline Front raises: 2x Max reps
C1) Cable tricep Ext: 3x10

I've been doing this program for a few months now, and haven't become overtrained yet. I become slightly overreached at the beginning of every week, but i recover by the end of the week.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, you'd definitely be surprised at what you can recover from if you've done it for a while, and use proper peri workout nutrition.
Actually, no, I wouldn't be surprised, because I know what I chronically put my body through! :swordfight:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday, I got asked to be in part of a research study, so i had to do some isometric pulls from different bar positions. From the floor i averaged 700lbs of force. At the top of the knee, i averaged 830lbs of force. and from mid-thigh, i averaged 1350lbs of force. Looks like if i really want my deadlift to go up i need to start doing some deficit deadlifts and pulls from the knee.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday, I got asked to be in part of a research study, so i had to do some isometric pulls from different bar positions. From the floor i averaged 700lbs of force. At the top of the knee, i averaged 830lbs of force. and from mid-thigh, i averaged 1350lbs of force. Looks like if i really want my deadlift to go up i need to start doing some deficit deadlifts and pulls from the knee.
What's the study on?

Hopefully not a catabolic drug lol

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Well its still in the pilot stages, so i'm not sure that I can say yet.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
My erase and alpha T-2 came in today. As of right now, I havent noticed anything. I probably didn't notice any heating effects due to being outside in the cold for a good part of the day. Monday, will probably be the first day i'll be able to tell a difference. I'm hoping the Erase really starts drying me out.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make sure you are taking 2 AT2 on an empty stomach and not eating breakfast until 30-45 minutes later

Not everyone notices the increased temp, but it is still equally effective

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Natty, I've been taking it on an empty stomach so far. Thats pretty easy for me to do, since I'm dieting IF style. I'll be taking my first Erase and AT2 at about 8 am, and I wont eat my first meal till 2 pm. I think this diet will maximize the effectiveness of this stack.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today, I woke up pretty late. So, I only ended up taking 1 dose of erase and dose AT2. I'm already starting to feel a slight increase in libido, but it may just be one of those days. I haven't noticed much if any drying out yet, but I did just start taking it yesterday. Gym performance wasn't anything spectacular today, but it was a solid session.

I'm trying to decide whether to start my third week of my back specialization tomorrow, or jump to my leg specialization.

Today's diet 7/10

Today's lifting: 8/10

Front Squats: 135x5,155x5,175x5,195x5
Olympic Back Squats: 225x5,275x5,295x5
Top half squats from pins: 315x5,365x5,405x5,455x5 Easy
Leg Ext: 145x15 drop set 115x20
Leg Curl: 115x15 drop 85x15

I had a pretty sweet pump at the end of the session. I just tore my meniscus two weeks ago, so I shouldn't even be squatting right now, but I just cant stop myself. Obviously the weight is down just a tad, but it should come back up.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Definitely could use some better lighting. I may have to try taking these pics in the bathroom sometime, much better lighting in there.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering today how beneficial it would be for me to take some DHEA along with this stack.. I've read a ton of studies that basically show that DHEA is worthless because it increases estrogen... But since erase is an AI, would I be able to reap benefits from it?

From the studies i've read, DHEA only increased testosterone in older men and women, and only raised DHEA levels in most men. So, anyone think it could help me to take this as well?

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 199lb

I haven't really noticed too much yet. My weight was down a pound today, which could be due to anything. I noticed today, that i have a few bumps on my back, which usually means that my test is up. The only reason i know that is because thats when I usually hit my PRs. Technically this is day 3 on Erase and AT2, so i guess its possible that this stuff is working already. I didn't really notice my libido being up anymore than usual today, but this should change. I think i'm going to add DHEA to this stack, since its dirt cheap, and it shouldnt hurt any.

Todays workout:

Pullover (machine): 70,95,110,120,130,140x8 PR
Pull ups: BW,10,20,25x8
Pull Downs: 120,140,160x15 (really stretched at the top)
1 arm T-bar row: 25,35,45,55x8 (plus bar weight)
Straight Bar curl: 45,95,95,95x6,75x10 (i never do curls, so they are weak)

Today was definitely a pretty solid session. I had a pretty sick lat pump, it was probably from really stretching on every rep. this is the final week of my back specialization, so hopefully it will produce some pretty sick results.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Woke up today and took 1/1 at 7am and 1/1 at 1pm. I'm still not feeling any kind of heating effects, but hopefully that will change. If not, I'll start drinking some coffee and taking a green tea supplement. My libido was up again today... two days in a row... could still be a coincidence. No drying out of the joints yet, but I may be dropping some water. My legs look to be a little leaner, nothing drastic, but definitely a difference. Still considering stacking DHEA with this, since I already have a full bottle. Anyone who has any advice on that let me know.

Training today was non existent. I just didn't have the time. I was at school from 8am till 8pm with no down time. I'll definitely make up for this tomorrow. I adjusted my calories accordingly since there was no physical activity today.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am loving this log. Great starting pics. You have a solid frame to work with that is for sure

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 weight: 199

Well the libido was back down to normal today, but i'm starting to get quite a bit of acne. I really was not expecting this. I usually get one maybe 2 bumps, but i've got several on my back and chest. There is a really good chance this is stress related, but if not i'll definitely have to start showering twice daily. I'm really hoping its because of the Erase, and that really has me looking forward to the next 40 days. Oh, and I drank a zero cal energy drink about 2 hours before my first meal today... it amped me up for about 4 hours, it was too much. I did get some pretty nice thermogenic effects from it though, made my heart race too much. I'll have to start with a much milder stim.

Workout 1:

Bent Over Rows: 135,155,165,175,185,195,205x8 (super strict)
Deadlifts: 225,265,315x8
Rack Deadlifts (from top of knee): 315,365,405,445x8 PR
Mid thigh pulls: 365x8
This was a really solid session. The rack deads were a PR from that pin height. I've got a long torso, so that is a really hard position for me.

Workout 2

Pull ups: bwx8,8,8,8,8
Pull down: 120,130,140x15 then 30 sec stretch
Reverse flies: 85,100,115,130x15 PR
Machine Rows: 120,140x15
Hyperextensions: Bw,35,45x15

I got a pretty nice pump from this session. I got a good stretch in my lats, and i believe they may be growing... My back also looks to be adding some thickness. Can't ask for anymore than that while dieting down.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Day 5.

Libido was back up a tad bit today. Nothing major, just slightly higher. I may be drying out a little bit. Its still hard to tell at this point. No achy joints yet, and acne doesnt seem any worse today. I'll check my weight tomorrow, i'm expecting to be down another pound, but we shall see.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 3

Woke up today and took 1/1 at 7am and 1/1 at 1pm. I'm still not feeling any kind of heating effects, but hopefully that will change. If not, I'll start drinking some coffee and taking a green tea supplement. My libido was up again today... two days in a row... could still be a coincidence. No drying out of the joints yet, but I may be dropping some water. My legs look to be a little leaner, nothing drastic, but definitely a difference. Still considering stacking DHEA with this, since I already have a full bottle. Anyone who has any advice on that let me know.

Training today was non existent. I just didn't have the time. I was at school from 8am till 8pm with no down time. I'll definitely make up for this tomorrow. I adjusted my calories accordingly since there was no physical activity today.
i was wondering about dhea with erase also-natty or da what do you think?

op kinda surprised you haven't noticed any heating effects, maybe it is still to come.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I'd imagine i'd get the heating effects with a light stim, or just drinking some coffee and green tea. I would also probably get the heating effect if i upped it to two caps in the morning. I'm going to hold off on this for a while though. I'll wait until progress becomes non-existent or just really slow.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'd imagine i'd get the heating effects with a light stim, or just drinking some coffee and green tea. I would also probably get the heating effect if i upped it to two caps in the morning. I'm going to hold off on this for a while though. I'll wait until progress becomes non-existent or just really slow.
i don't think coffee or tea will make any difference, it's all in the way YOU respond to it. most people get the sweat/heat effect, doesn't mean you will too. upping the dose may make a difference, but if not no big deal if you are getting desired effects.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I disagree, i think coffee and green tea will help a lot. From personal experience, i know that if i drink a cup of coffee and take a green tea pill that i will start sweating in about 15 minutes. i don't ever drink caffeine, so it has a pretty big effect on me when i do take it.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 198

Libido was up again today. Nothing drastic, but slightly noticeable. For some reason i'm holding water today, no real reason why. I'm sure this will drop soon. I'm considering bumping Erase and AT2 up to two caps in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. i'll probably wait another week before doing that. I'm going to try drinking some green tea first thing in the morning to spike my metabolism a tad more.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I disagree, i think coffee and green tea will help a lot. From personal experience, i know that if i drink a cup of coffee and take a green tea pill that i will start sweating in about 15 minutes. i don't ever drink caffeine, so it has a pretty big effect on me when i do take it.
sorry bout that-i was basing that on my own results. if you get that effect from tea
and coffee by all means go for it.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
yesterday, after my post, my libido actually started going up considerably. I'm thinking this erase is really doing something.

Yesterday's Workout

Military Press (STRICT): 95x5,115x5,135x5,145x5,155x5
Incline Bench Press: 155x5,175x5,195x5,215x5
Bench Press: 225x5,235x5,245x5,255x5
Incline Flies; 45'sx8,8,8
DB Lateral Raises: 45x8,8
1 armed underhand tricep ext: 35x15,15,15

Pretty good workout yesterday. My chest is definitely fried right now. I went super heavy on the lateral raises and even though the form wasn't as strict, i felt like I got more out of them.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

I woke up pretty late today, so I just took 2 AT2 and one erase, then i took another erase about 6 hours later. I still didnt notice any heating effects, but it is 56 degrees in my apartment right now so its a little hard to tell. My libido was up again today. I also look a little leaner today. Could be fat loss or water loss.

My fat loss has been occurring different than what most people see. It seems like i lose fat from one place and everywhere else stalls. Then that place stalls and another place picks up. My arms started to lean out first and everything else stayed the same. Then my arms stopped losing fat, and the fat loss continued in my abs. Abs stopped, then my back started to drop fat. Back stopped now my legs are. I feel like most people tend to have accelerated fat loss in one place and everything tries to play catch up. Mine seems to be coming in a cyclical manner. However, I am not complaining about fat loss, and i hope it continues for about 5 more weeks. It was just an observation.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

I know its early in the day still, but my libido has been up since before I got out of bed this morning. My ex came over for a little while this morning, and the first thing she noticed was how I'm getting leaner. Then noticed my "libido"...

I'm going to bump it up to 3 pills a day for each. I'm hoping this dosage will start drying me out even more, and i will HAVE to back down to two pills a day. It may be wishful thinking though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i guess it's a tradeoff-you aren't getting heating effect from at-2

but i am not getting a boost in libido.

at least we both are getting leaner.:cheers:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
thebigt: yea man, thats all that really matters. I really was not expecting a boost in libido, especially since my ex just broke up with me Monday. i was expecting to feel more stressed, which I really don't. I wish I knew whether it was the Erase that was causing these positive effects.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thebigt: yea man, thats all that really matters. I really was not expecting a boost in libido, especially since my ex just broke up with me Monday. i was expecting to feel more stressed, which I really don't. I wish I knew whether it was the Erase that was causing these positive effects.
cortisol is increased by stress-maybe it is the anti-cort in erase that is keeping you mellow-??? as to the libido, who knows-these kind of compounds effect people differently-i have even heard some guys say that atd improves libido for them.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I know the erase is supposed to control cortisol, but I really didnt expect it to have any noticeable effects. I guess maybe i was wrong.

Today's workout: (all exercises with Fat Gripz)
A1) Straight Bar Curl: 45x10,55x10,65x10,75x10
A2) Straight Bar Reverse Curl: 45x10,55x10,65x10,75x8
Close Grip Bench: 135x10,185x10,205x8,225x5
Hammer curl: 45x10,45x10,45x10
D1) Cable tricep ext: 50x15,57x15,65x15
D2) Cable tricep pulldown: 50x15,57x15,65x15

The super sets were light, because I was going for more of a pump. I definitely achieved that. Today was the first time I have ever really felt the lateral head of my tricep working, it was pretty sweet.

My legs have started leaning out more. I'm starting to get some quad definition that i've never had before. This should really increase over the next two weeks, since I'm starting my leg specialization tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to set it up...
It will probably be something like this:
Monday: Ham string emphasis (pl squat, ghr, leg curls, sumo leg press, calves)
Tuesday: Hams and Quads (oly squat, RDL, Split squats, calves)
Wednesday: Quad emphasis ( Front squats, leg press, leg ext, calves)
Thursday: Off
Friday: back and biceps
Saturday: chest, shoulders, tris
Sunday: Off

I'll probably have to bump up the calories some to keep from atrophying. I'll also be applying any kind of recovery techniques I can think of. I'll probably ice my legs once a day, and use contrast showers, and probably a ton of light stretching.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know the erase is supposed to control cortisol, but I really didnt expect it to have any noticeable effects. I guess maybe i was wrong.

Today's workout: (all exercises with Fat Gripz)
A1) Straight Bar Curl: 45x10,55x10,65x10,75x10
A2) Straight Bar Reverse Curl: 45x10,55x10,65x10,75x8
Close Grip Bench: 135x10,185x10,205x8,225x5
Hammer curl: 45x10,45x10,45x10
D1) Cable tricep ext: 50x15,57x15,65x15
D2) Cable tricep pulldown: 50x15,57x15,65x15

The super sets were light, because I was going for more of a pump. I definitely achieved that. Today was the first time I have ever really felt the lateral head of my tricep working, it was pretty sweet.

My legs have started leaning out more. I'm starting to get some quad definition that i've never had before. This should really increase over the next two weeks, since I'm starting my leg specialization tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to set it up...
It will probably be something like this:
Monday: Ham string emphasis (pl squat, ghr, leg curls, sumo leg press, calves)
Tuesday: Hams and Quads (oly squat, RDL, Split squats, calves)
Wednesday: Quad emphasis ( Front squats, leg press, leg ext, calves)
Thursday: Off
Friday: back and biceps
Saturday: chest, shoulders, tris
Sunday: Off

I'll probably have to bump up the calories some to keep from atrophying. I'll also be applying any kind of recovery techniques I can think of. I'll probably ice my legs once a day, and use contrast showers, and probably a ton of light stretching.
i am a big fan of stairclimbing [nothing, i repeat nothing] has had as much effect on legs as stairclimbing.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
For active recovery? or for building muscle mass? When I wrestled, we would run stairs for about an hour every day. I don't really think mine will see much growth from it due to adaptations. I may try it out anyway, just for added volume, probably with added weights, i'm just not sure how my knees will hold up.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For active recovery? or for building muscle mass? When I wrestled, we would run stairs for about an hour every day. I don't really think mine will see much growth from it due to adaptations. I may try it out anyway, just for added volume, probably with added weights, i'm just not sure how my knees will hold up.
i am 52 and do 4-6 trips up and down 21 flights of stairs at my aunts apt building.

btw-i use 5 pound ankle weights strapped on each ankle.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i am 52 and do 4-6 trips up and down 21 flights of stairs at my aunts apt building.

btw-i use 5 pound ankle weights strapped on each ankle.
Nice... I have gone for a jog in my old battle rattle (70 pounds of sapi plates) and man that was a burn.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice... I have gone for a jog in my old battle rattle (70 pounds of sapi plates) and man that was a burn.
it's funny but i used to cut grass wearing 15 pounder ankle weights, but now if i even walk with 5 pounders on, my knees are killing me-but doing stairs doesn't seem to bother my knees all that much. getting older is a pain....but it's the best option i know of-so i try and makes the best of it.:cheers:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
The knees are only an issue because of a total of 10 meniscus tears that I've had. One was about 2.5 weeks ago, so that knee really doesn't like stairs right now. I can do squats still, because that only bothers them the next day and I consider them a necessity.

Ankle weights are generally a bad idea for your joints. They are terrible for you while walking or running. I'd imagine they wouldn't be as bad doing stairs though.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 197lbs

Libido was about the same as it has been over the last week. Joints still feel fine. I appeared to be pretty dry when I woke up this morning. My weight was down another pound. I'm still hoping for another 7-10lbs of fat loss. We'll see if I can achieve this.

BIG thing I have noticed over the last week, just now put two and two together. My resting heart rate has been up about 10 beats/min throughout the day. I also have a much greater heart rate response during exercise. Sort of like what happens when you exercised while stim'ed out.

Today's workout

Powerlifting Squats: 135x10,225x5,275x5,315x5,365x3 (I should have gone for 4)
Good Mornings: 225x5,245x5,265x5
GHR: 2 reps then decided that it was way to painful for my freshly torn meniscus
Lying Leg Curl: 95x8,110x8,125x8,140x8 then 110x5,95x8 half reps
Standing Calf Raises: 120x10,10,10

Today was a pretty good session. I set a PR on squats, but I felt extremely weak today. I know I could have gotten more on any other day. I got a sick pump from leg curls, the drop sets killed me. My calves also felt worked when I finished.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my concern with the at-2/erase combo is dropping weight too quickly. i give myself between 60-90 days to drop the next 10 pounds, seems i have to keep upping cals.

be careful

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
well I've been cutting for about 10 weeks, and i've lost about 13 lbs. So far, I'm staying exactly where i want to be when it comes to weight loss. I've got about 6 more weeks and another 7lbs to lose. If i step in the Bod Pod next monday and see that i'm losing muscle mass, i'll be upping the cals a bit. I want to be finished with my cut by the end of this 6 weeks. IF I decide I want to get leaner still, i'll carry it out through January if i have to.

I'm definitely thinking that I will have to up the calories. Like I said though, that decision will be made in 1 week.

Oh, and IF my fat lost progress stalls, I will be adding in cardio. I will keep my calories up as long as fat loss continues with the addition of cardio. My goal is to lower calories as little as possible. I'd like to keep it between 2500-3000 on average. This is for many reasons: it should keep my metabolism up, it she reduce post diet weight gain, it will keep me in a better mood, it should allow me to maintain/ build muscle, and I won't be hungry.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
well I've been cutting for about 10 weeks, and i've lost about 13 lbs. So far, I'm staying exactly where i want to be when it comes to weight loss. I've got about 6 more weeks and another 7lbs to lose. If i step in the Bod Pod next monday and see that i'm losing muscle mass, i'll be upping the cals a bit. I want to be finished with my cut by the end of this 6 weeks. IF I decide I want to get leaner still, i'll carry it out through January if i have to.

I'm definitely thinking that I will have to up the calories. Like I said though, that decision will be made in 1 week.

Oh, and IF my fat lost progress stalls, I will be adding in cardio. I will keep my calories up as long as fat loss continues with the addition of cardio. My goal is to lower calories as little as possible. I'd like to keep it between 2500-3000 on average. This is for many reasons: it should keep my metabolism up, it she reduce post diet weight gain, it will keep me in a better mood, it should allow me to maintain/ build muscle, and I won't be hungry.
sounds good.