Reset AD - Does It Apply In This Case?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OK - I have been going through a divorce during the last year; the result of my almost ex-wife's continued adulterous ways. It shattered me emotionally. I faced an enormous amount of anxiey; so much so that my Paxil was temporarily increased from 20 to 40 mg ed. I am now weaning myself off of Paxil (I've been on it for the past 9+ years, since her first affair), and making good progress emotionally. Libido-wise, my drive has been less than what it used to be - and for a while last year I had zero sex drive. My distrust for ex-wife disgusted me and I didn't desire her (or anyone else) for a 6 months or more. I've had a (very) few bouts w/ ED, but I am told that happens to those of us facing this situation. I guess my age doesn't help too much either (49). I am using a low dose Clomid protocol to rest my HPTA.

So - given what I've described, how helpful do you believe Reset AD might be in helping to address my symptoms?

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't hurt. It will definately help with stress. Only thing is it may not be the best thing to use when restarting HPTA. Since it has an exogenous hormone (prenelonone), it may hinder the hormonal signaling process needed to bring HPTA back to a higher level of functioning. It isn't a whole lot of Preg, but it's still exogenous. Maybe try doing one at a time.

Of course Getting HPTA up and going also helps dealing with stress in and of itself.

BTW, good luck getting off Paxil. I got off a low dose Zoloft last year. T-boosting herbs and Tryptophan caps from NutraPlanet have been great for helping me get off it and stabilize my mood. I actually really have my range of emotions back ups as well as downs. Like I mentioned, good supps help. Reset AD is one of the best for the money and has helped me.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did hear somewhere that paxil can cause libido issues, and I would first see if that is the culprit here. I agree with Sal's advice as well, and I would give tryptophan a try.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I did hear somewhere that paxil can cause libido issues, and I would first see if that is the culprit here. I agree with Sal's advice as well, and I would give tryptophan a try.
Do you have any dosage recommendations for tryptophan (I weight 170 lbs)?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have any dosage recommendations for tryptophan (I weight 170 lbs)?
I would start with the rec dosage, and see if that helps....take at night as it may cause drowsiness.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Night seems to work best for Tryptophan like Trip said. Depending on how my mood is I dose only 1 cap (500mgs) at night. Sometimes I will use 2 caps before bed if I know I'm going to have real trouble sleeping or getting to sleep, but generally I don't get much more of a relaxing/calming effect than with 1 cap. Also if I am feeling stressed I may take 1 cap 1st thing in the morning.

I've found ALCAR helps my mood, libido, and ability to handle stress as well. Personally, I'm thinking that this ALCAR in the morning and afternoon, and Tryptophan at night and occasionally in the morning protocal may be a new staple for me. It's just working so well; the ALCAR helps me not get so stressed AND have more energy so I in turn am finding I use less Tryptophan.

I'm experimenting with Tyronsine a little as well, but if I had to choose, I'd have to go with ALCAR overall for mood. Tyrosine dose provide some energy and mood lift, but is deffinately a "different" energy than I get from ALCAR. I assume the difference lies in the different neuro-transmitters/hormone these different amino acids influence.

Tryptophan eventually converts to serotonin. ALCAR raises AcetylCholine which appearently has an influence on raising Dopamine. Tyrosine can raise Dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, as well as increasing Thyroid hormone levels which also can help boost mood.

It's all about finding your right balance between everything.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to metion, BE CAREFULL! mixing Tryptophan with SSRI's like Paxil/Zoloft ect. Too much can cause Serotonin Syndrome which can potentially be fatal. I had no problem myself, but I was on a low dasage of Zoloft. If you are still on a doubled dosage of what you normally take, I would recomend waiting until you find you can go back to you 20mg dose before using the tryptophan caps. Alternatively, you could try opening a cap and mixing 1/4 of it in a glass of water, then 1/2 cap if you have no issue with 1/4, and finally 1 whole cap.

Also, along with Tryptophan, you want to consider a ZMA product to take at night, or at least magnesium as well as a good Multi with high levels of B-Vitamins, especially the co-enzymated B-Vitamins. The magnisium and Bs help a lot with stress and are used to convert Tryptophan to 5-HTP and later Serotonin

Again, many supplements, medications, and even foods have interweiving synergies that interact with one another; finding the balance that works for you is key.

Just to pull back onto the topic of Reset A.D.; I can imagine that your problems descibed above can be SERIOUSLY stressfull. That hasn't happened to me, but I have felt my trust betrayed once by someone I was close to and it felt like HELL, literally. I eventually got over it, but the stress it caused me burnt me out and it lasted for several months. I wish Reset AD would have been available back then; I would have bounced back much quicker from that intense stress.

Reset AD is just flat out awsome for helping get my body's stress fighting mechanisms back up to speed. When I began using it for the first time, I actually FELT my adrenal glands give me those butterfly in the stomach moments again. That was something that had not happened for almost over 2 years for me until then. The effect also lasted for quite a while after I finished my second bottle. I'm sure these Aminos like Tryptophan, ect. will definately help you achaive your goals, but Reset is something that may provide that kickstart that I know I needed to get up and running towards a less stressfull life.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
interesting read and appreciate the feedback in this thread ... i'm in the process of seeing a doc and they have recommended a low dose of Paxil for my moderate anxiety/social phobia and discussed possible ED sides (god I hope not) ... will def. reference this thread again