Does this sound like adrenal fatigue:(

NPCout

Awards
I am not sure what is wrong with me, but my mind has been dead tired lately. When I look at symptoms for adrenal fatigue, I match up pretty close with them.

One thing I do notice is, my body is not fatigued. I can still go to the gym, lift the same weights, have the same amount of energy in my muscles, etc. it's just my mind is dead tired like I can't hold my head up.

I am not a Heavy stim user, but I do use them.

If any reps from the US want to trade, let me know! Im a company rep on bb.com for Neogenix, which I can prove:).

NPCout

Awards
Also, I see that DHEA is reccommended for adrenal fatigue, but i do not see it in reset ad. How much DHEA should be taken for adrenal fatigue?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, I see that DHEA is reccommended for adrenal fatigue, but i do not see it in reset ad. How much DHEA should be taken for adrenal fatigue?
I personally wouldn't use DHEA for adrenal fatigue because of the sides, and also because it's hormonal. You should check out Reset AD from Palo Alto (Reset AD (60 capsules) By: Palo Alto Labs) It looks like you've already heard about it though since you're posting in their sub-forum heh.

Before you jump to the conclusion of adrenal fatigue, have you changed anything regarding sleeping patterns, diet etc that might have affected your energy levels?

NPCout

Awards
I personally wouldn't use DHEA for adrenal fatigue because of the sides, and also because it's hormonal. You should check out Reset AD from Palo Alto (Reset AD (60 capsules) By: Palo Alto Labs) It looks like you've already heard about it though since you're posting in their sub-forum heh.

Before you jump to the conclusion of adrenal fatigue, have you changed anything regarding sleeping patterns, diet etc that might have affected your energy levels?

No, honestly I have not changed a thing. I go to sleep at 10pm, I wake up either at 8am or 10am so I get plenty of sleep. I eat about 3000 calories.

Im mainly curious if adrenal fatigue is assosiated with head tiredness. My body is fine, its just my head that is dead tired.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't sound anything like adrenal exhaustion to me. Could be allergies: this *IS* pollen season.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
We use pregnenolone

its a dhea precursor, but it has the ability to circulate in the body for up to 48 hours... if the pregnenolone is not utilized by the body (ie hormone homeostasis is already met) then the extra is excreted.

Questions for you please
What do you do for a living?
How many hours a week do you work?
How heavy do you lift?
Height, weight, bodyfat%?
You eat 3000 calories a day, how much of this is processed foods?

Hows your overall stress level (1-10)?

You might just be simply sleeping too much... you get 10-12 hours of sleep a day? jeeez... and more than 7 or 8 and im a zombie!!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Im mainly curious if adrenal fatigue is assosiated with head tiredness. My body is fine, its just my head that is dead tired.
typically... this is the case

adrenal fatigue causes your body to run on an almost never ending supply of epinephrine, which leads to an increase in insulin, which then causes cortisol to rise...

so for a while, your body can operate on this coctail of stress... typically, you will feel mentally fatigued or dumbed down.
most of the time, Adrenal fatigue is associated with sleep disturbances.. if you are able to get 10 hours of sleep a day...it might be another issue

i had Sinusitis...which caused similar side effects... i had energy, but also had a headache at all times. Id goto the ENT every month and constantly have a sinus infection... antibiotics couldnt fix it because my right nose septum was so closed up that it was a breeding ground for bacteria

Ediger

Awards
typically... this is the case

adrenal fatigue causes your body to run on an almost never ending supply of epinephrine, which leads to an increase in insulin, which then causes cortisol to rise...

so for a while, your body can operate on this coctail of stress... typically, you will feel mentally fatigued or dumbed down.
most of the time, Adrenal fatigue is associated with sleep disturbances.. if you are able to get 10 hours of sleep a day...it might be another issue

i had Sinusitis...which caused similar side effects... i had energy, but also had a headache at all times. Id goto the ENT every month and constantly have a sinus infection... antibiotics couldnt fix it because my right nose septum was so closed up that it was a breeding ground for bacteria
Just wondering...what did you do to correct your sinusitis? I have a deviated septum so i'm all too familiar with constant plugged noses and congestion. I take a nasal cleanse but it doesn't inherently fix the problem.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Just wondering...what did you do to correct your sinusitis? I have a deviated septum so i'm all too familiar with constant plugged noses and congestion. I take a nasal cleanse but it doesn't inherently fix the problem.
surgery.

after a year of repeated antibiotic cycles and every other method my ENT could come up with.. that was the last straw... much better now
After surgery, she told me that it was the worst deviated septum that she has ever seen. ah well.. thats what happens when you have 2 brothers growing up... noses get broken

since then, the best remedy that i have found is avail OTC at any drug store.. they sell a 12oz squeeze bottle and saline packets for under $10.

Basically you mix it with lukewarm water, stand in the shower, and snort 1/2 the mix up each nostril and spit it out your mouth.. the first few times you gag, but then get used to it.... it clears you up like nothing else you can imagine.

my gf was sick a few months ago.. i had her do that and about 1 cup of green slime came out of her. imagine what getting ALL of that out at once feels like!

now i only use that when i feel a sinus infection coming on.. it stops the infection in its tracks

Ediger

Awards
surgery.

after a year of repeated antibiotic cycles and every other method my ENT could come up with.. that was the last straw... much better now
After surgery, she told me that it was the worst deviated septum that she has ever seen. ah well.. thats what happens when you have 2 brothers growing up... noses get broken

since then, the best remedy that i have found is avail OTC at any drug store.. they sell a 12oz squeeze bottle and saline packets for under $10.

Basically you mix it with lukewarm water, stand in the shower, and snort 1/2 the mix up each nostril and spit it out your mouth.. the first few times you gag, but then get used to it.... it clears you up like nothing else you can imagine.

my gf was sick a few months ago.. i had her do that and about 1 cup of green slime came out of her. imagine what getting ALL of that out at once feels like!

now i only use that when i feel a sinus infection coming on.. it stops the infection in its tracks
wow that's kinda gross but amazing! :p
I'll have to ask my doctor about that. My mom had nasal surgery because she had a deviated septum too, and said it was one of the worst experiences of her life post surgery (tho she is mildly allergic to anesthasia (sp?)). She said she'd wake up and her mouth would be unbearably dry.

NPCout

Awards
We use pregnenolone

its a dhea precursor, but it has the ability to circulate in the body for up to 48 hours... if the pregnenolone is not utilized by the body (ie hormone homeostasis is already met) then the extra is excreted.

Questions for you please
What do you do for a living?
How many hours a week do you work?
How heavy do you lift?
Height, weight, bodyfat%?
You eat 3000 calories a day, how much of this is processed foods?

Hows your overall stress level (1-10)?

You might just be simply sleeping too much... you get 10-12 hours of sleep a day? jeeez... and more than 7 or 8 and im a zombie!!
To answer your questions..

What do you do for a living? I am a full time BSN Nursing Student. I have a lot of free time on my hands; I am not an extremely busy person.

How many hours a week do you work? None. I am taking 15 credits in school.

How Heavy do you lift? I like extremely heavy and hard. I am an NPC bodybuilder.

Height/Weight/Bodyfat: 5`1 (Yes short, broke my growth plates playing ice hockey) 184lbs, about 14% bodyfat

Out of my 3000 or so calories, none is from processed foods with the exception of saturday night when i go out to dinner with my girl. Its always, oatmeal, red potatos, chicken, steak, pork, ground meat, etc.

Overall stress level i dont think would be high. I have a 3.8 in school, im having a very easy time in school, not stressed about that at all. My gf and I currently no problems what so ever. So i dont see why my stress would be high.

I have been using for a bout 3 weeks lean xtreme which supresses cortisol.

THANKS!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Did this problem start before you started suppressing your cortisol?

It doesnt really sound as if your symptoms are adrenal fatigue related to be honest... you are minimally stressed, eat well, sleep alot.. and the only real stress that you see is in the gym... but thats not enough to send the adrenal gland into overdrive

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure what is wrong with me, but my mind has been dead tired lately. When I look at symptoms for adrenal fatigue, I match up pretty close with them.

One thing I do notice is, my body is not fatigued. I can still go to the gym, lift the same weights, have the same amount of energy in my muscles, etc. it's just my mind is dead tired like I can't hold my head up.

I am not a Heavy stim user, but I do use them.

If any reps from the US want to trade, let me know! Im a company rep on bb.com for Neogenix, which I can prove:).
3 caps Reset AD my friend, i stay on em yearround now and feel great, i'm not a heavy stim user but I have had panic attacks in the past and i like how i cope with stress better on the Reset AD, also regulates your sleep nicely.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
My turn!

I am a stim addict. :( To the point if I don't take my 200 mgs caffine in the morning, I get a headache about 1 pm. I have learned over time to ween off to avoid the headache.

I just did a month of No-Doz followed by 2 bottles of Leviathan back to back (love it!) and currently weening off another month of ECA.

Over the last few months I've noticed several things that now upon looking sound like adrenal fatigue (the reason I'm currently weening).

I reached a point where we would go to bed at 9-10 pm, but I couldn't sleep. I would take 3-4 Benedryl and watch TV until I fell asleep. We'd get up at 5:30 am and she'd go to work and I'd go back to bed from 7:30-8 until 11am or so. My sleep schedule was all scewed up. If I tried staying awake in the morning, I was still unable to sleep at bedtime.

I have started a new job about a month ago so morning naps are out of the question, but I still have a hard time going to sleep even though I'm exhausted. I can't tell you the last time I feel I had a "restful" sleep.

Mentally I feel almost in a drunken stupor. Physically I trip over my own feet and drop stuff. I usually feel if I could find a comfortable spot and be left alone I could sleep standing up.

A few months ago (early March) I did a cycle of Mdrol and put on 11 lbs "good weight". Just prior to that thought put on 10 lbs "bad weight" after I was laid off. After the Mdrol is when I took the Levi and ECA and still my middle is getting bigger. :(

I can go all day with a satisfied appetite (eating/drinking a protein shake every 3 hours), but come 6pm I get totally ravenous and it doesn't seem like I can eat enough in the evening.

Also, my blood pressure has sky rocketed. I mean scary. I mean 110/161 scary :jaw: I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow for the BP...should I mention Adrenal Fatigue?

BTW...I ordered 2 bottles of Reset yesterday.

OK....IYO, do I sound like I have Adrenal Fatigue?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
You sound like the poster-child for Adrenal Fatigue.

man thats a scary story... you sound like you might have had some issues with the Mdrol, but blanketed them over with the leviathan and ECA.

Your restlessness and feeling in the evening is exactly what I experienced when I had adrenal fatigue. I would be wired and could eat everything, but I couldnt sleep to save my life.
Mentally I feel almost in a drunken stupor. Physically I trip over my own feet and drop stuff. I usually feel if I could find a comfortable spot and be left alone I could sleep standing up.
thats exactly what i felt like as well when i had AF.

I would explain everything in detail to the doc including the mdrol and the Adrenal Fatigue. Most docs arent very familiar with Adrenal Fatigue or the Adrenal glands for that matter, but I would also press for a blood test AND a 24 hour cortisol test.

Its great that you ordered Reset, but I would definitely see what the doc's input was first. While waiting for the REset, try to up your vitamin B, limit your sugars, and DROP ALL HIGH INTENSITY exercise. Low and slow cardio, or low weight, hi rep weight is fine, but lifiting heavy will only cause more problems at this stage.

Let me know what the doc says.. curious to see how they diagnose it. I wouldnt be suprised if they just try to sript a BP medication and call it a day.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the quick reply PAL.

I already upped the B's (Stesstabs) and got some Hawthorn and Licorice to hold me until the Reset arrives. I also ordered ADAM the same time I did the Reset.

I've felt like such ass the past few weeks I've skipped working out. At first I thought it was me starting a new job after a 4 month layoff and not used to working, but a month later I feel worse thasn ever.

My Doc has been wanting me to get routine bloodwork for a few years. I've thought about asking for a cortisol test (saliva right?). Anything else I should request?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the quick reply PAL.

I already upped the B's (Stesstabs) and got some Hawthorn and Licorice to hold me until the Reset arrives. I also ordered ADAM the same time I did the Reset.

I've felt like such ass the past few weeks I've skipped working out. At first I thought it was me starting a new job after a 4 month layoff and not used to working, but a month later I feel worse thasn ever.

My Doc has been wanting me to get routine bloodwork for a few years. I've thought about asking for a cortisol test (saliva right?). Anything else I should request?
There is a urine test and a saliva test for Cortisol. My understanding is that they give you the saliva strips and a few vials and instruct you how and when to perform the test. Should be mindless.

Please try to clean up your diet as much as possible. ALL unprocessed foods... vegge's, fruits, (no bananas.. too high glycemic and little fiber). skip ALL sugars including anything that says 'corn syrup' or 'high fructose corn syrup' on the label.

Sugar actually stimulates the Adrenal System by forcing the release of insulin. When insulin is triggered, the body releases cortisol since it is an insulin antagonist. So just as stress and caffeine contributes to Adrenal Fatigue, so does diet and sugar.
Id still kick it up a notch with some extra antioxidants too... vitamin e, vitamin c especially.

Would be a great idea to get some 5-htp or another natural sleep aid (other than benadryl) to aid in relaxation. Take this earlier in the evening so it has time to work. I would skip melatonin for the time being... only seemed to make issues worse when I was dealing with it.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
My diet already pretty clean. There's nothing you said I don't already do.

The odd thing is since this started I have had odd cravings....salt and sugar...neither of with I regularly indulge in.

I've been satisfying the salt by eating nuts, and sweets by eating whole grain cereal (like Kashi) w/ blueberries added in.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I jusr returned from the Dr. My "official" BP was 180/110 :jaw:

He gave me soome BP medicine (Benazep). This is why I have the coolest Dr in the world...I mention to the nurse about Adrenal Fatigue ect. and before he sees me he looked it up in the online med journal so he could look into it before he saw me. Anyway he want blood work soon but I have an early AM meeting tomorrow, so Tuesday I'm going in to get it. He's checking lipids, thyroid, cortisol (to check for AF), and 2-3 other things.

ALSO

as I walk up my steps I see a package by the door...my Nutraplanet order arrived! It's Thursday and I ordered it Tuesday! Mad props to the planet!:bow28:

So PAL, should I start the Reset now or wait until after the bloodwork?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I jusr returned from the Dr. My "official" BP was 180/110 :jaw:

He gave me soome BP medicine (Benazep). This is why I have the coolest Dr in the world...I mention to the nurse about Adrenal Fatigue ect. and before he sees me he looked it up in the online med journal so he could look into it before he saw me. Anyway he want blood work soon but I have an early AM meeting tomorrow, so Tuesday I'm going in to get it. He's checking lipids, thyroid, cortisol (to check for AF), and 2-3 other things.

ALSO

as I walk up my steps I see a package by the door...my Nutraplanet order arrived! It's Thursday and I ordered it Tuesday! Mad props to the planet!:bow28:

So PAL, should I start the Reset now or wait until after the bloodwork?
Id wait till after the bloodwork. No point in confusing the doctor by adding external stimuli. personally, I think the BP is an issue of the AF... i prob wouldnt take the BP meds until after the bloodwork as well... but thats just my opinion.... but then again... thats REALLY HIGH BP... damn...

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
My extremely high bp is my Dr's main concern, so he started me on the meds to control it. The bloodtest on Tuesday won't mean much if I stroke out first.:blink: Kinda scary when I think about it....basically my bp is so high my heart never hits a 'rest" beat...thus why I'm tired and short of breath, my body thinks it's already exercising.

I'm going to go think calm happy thoughts now...

:)

BTW...waiting on starting Reset until after the blood test. If it shows the likelihood of Adrenal Fatigue/high cortisol I'll start Reset and Lean Xtreme. I have a follow up in 3 weeks and may see if he'd give me another blood test then...I'd be interested in the results.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I got the results from the bloodwork back. Everything was normal other than my cholesterol was "borderline" but on the good side of borderline.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I got the results from the bloodwork back. Everything was normal other than my cholesterol was "borderline" but on the good side of borderline.
innnnteresting.... (yes mr. burns/simpsons)

do you have the results? what was the cortisol, DHEA, pregnenolone values.

Cortisol will fall into the 'normal' category even if its highly elevated...the reason is that doc's only look for extremely high cortisol or extremely low cortisol to identify Cushings Syndrome or Addisons disease... anything else is considered healthy :fool2:
bad medicine

Does your doc have any idea what could be the source of your issues?

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
innnnteresting.... (yes mr. burns/simpsons)

do you have the results? what was the cortisol, DHEA, pregnenolone values.

Cortisol will fall into the 'normal' category even if its highly elevated...the reason is that doc's only look for extremely high cortisol or extremely low cortisol to identify Cushings Syndrome or Addisons disease... anything else is considered healthy :fool2:
bad medicine

Does your doc have any idea what could be the source of your issues?
My Dr is real cool...he's not a "whats wrong? Here's a prescription pay on the way out" kind of doctor. He actually sits and listens to me. He knows I know my way around supps and nutrition. I mention to the nurse about possible Adrenal Fatigue and he looked it up on his online medical dictionary and knew exactly what to look for. He knew elevated cortisol was a concern so he had that on the list, as well as other hormonal things.

I actually missed the call and got the voice message a few hours later. The nurse that called said everything was normal other than my cholesterol and I'd need more bloodwork in 6 months to keep an eye on it....at 36 I'm getting old enough to worry about the ticker, add to that my high BP and heart problems run in the family....

Anyway, I have an appointment to see him in 2 weeks, I'll get the fine details off him then. I was surprised too...I was damn sure they were going to say it was jacked. I sure as hell show the sympthoms. Speaking of which, are cramping and heartburn symptoms too? I cramp in my forearms and hamstrings just sitting at my desk sometimes, and I get heartburn 2-3 times a week...no so much a burning feeling, more of a punch to the diaphram feeling. I know it's gas because if I burp a few times it goes away.

My bp is down though, I just checked it at 131/93.

Thanks foe taking the time to help me with this PAL. :clap2: