Am I doing something stupid?

TheDempster

TheDempster

Awards
PA Reps.

I just started a leviathan cycle2 weeks ago. Taking the recommended daily dosage. I am also stacking it with DCP(recommended dosage).

My goal has been to drop 15-20lbs (BF) in about 4-6 weeks. My diet is pretty clean.

Here is my question? Since I started the stack, I have not really seen any significant drop in fat, or in weight.

I have been regularly taking and still am using Oxegen AKG as an NO stimulator. I just read that Stims are vascoconstrictors. Obviously the Oxegen AKG has an opposite effect, and expands the blood vessels.

Are they counter acting each other? Would I be better off stopping the Oxegen AKG while on this cycle. Would the Leviathan be more effective, at raising my Metabolism with out the Oxegen AKG.

Being only into two weeks I figure I have some time to salvage this if I have been stupid, and to get on track with loosing some body fat.

Please help?:donut:

TheDempster

TheDempster

Awards
5-6 meals a day. low to no carbs during the week with about 15-1800 calories. Carb loading on fri night, and sat about 3000 calories. 160 grams of protein daily, I weight about 197 lbs now w/ 20-22% BF. About a gallon of water daily.

Eat complex carbs when I eat them, and get my protein form the usual, chicken, turkey, egg whites, etc.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
was your weight loss pretty consistent before the stack? think you could make it thru one week without the carb refeeds? or maybe you could try a TKD instead, just taking in carbs in a small amount right before and after workout?

usually if things stall, making a change to diet can kickstart it

TheDempster

TheDempster

Awards
Since the start of January, I lost 27-31 lbs of weight, with a life style change. I have hit my stall point as of late. I started at 227 lbs, which was low LBM, and high BF. Put on about 8-10 lbs, of muscle, and lost about 25 lbs of BF in 3 mos.

My goal is to hit 175-180 lbs total body weight with about 12% BF, and put on another 8-10 lbs in LBM naturally. BTW, I am 52 years old, and did this for 5 years straight, about 7 years ago, very successfully, then fell off the wagon (40-45).

What a dumb ass I was. should have just kept it up permanently, and I would not be in this spot today.

It was a lot easier then.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm yeah, i'd think that if you can remain functional thru it, skipping a weekends worth of recarbing might make a difference. other than that, maybe raise fat calories a little bit (300-600 cals a day), do a short 2 week lean bulking or recomping that way, then go back to the CKD

TheDempster

TheDempster

Awards
Still would like to hear from the reps re: whether the Oxegen AKG is effecting the stim effect of the product, and defeating the products ability to raise my metabolism.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it shouldn't as all that is in there is AAKG, and a lot of people use NO products with AAKG while in a cut, I personally have used leviathan reloaded + dcp while taking ragnarok as a preworkout, which does have AAKG in it.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
using a vasodiolator wont inhibit the fat burning properties of the levi and DCP. they do counter act each other in terms of vaso constriction/diolation but should not cause a problem with slowing down fat loss but will most likely make the vasodiolater less affective in terms of giving you a better pump. i would drop the NO products your using for the time being.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
as mentioned the no product wont hinder fat loss. Whats your cardio schedule like if I missed it....

easy had some good points there.

TheDempster

TheDempster

Awards
I'm doing fasted Hitt cardio 3 days a week (off days) on a TM for 30 Min.
Low end 65% of my max heart rate, and high end about 75% my max rate.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think you've just hit a bodily plateau, and need to switch stuff up one way or another. Sometimes adding a supplement does manage that switchup, sometimes not

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
If you've been in cutting mode too long and low/no carb mode too long, you're going to have to make a sacrifice and up your cals and carbs to a mild surplus. Keep it clean. Train to add a little more LBM to your frame and expect minimal fat gain to occur.
This comes to my mind with the 'Anabolic Burst Cycling' method that Bill Philips brought popularity too. It holds a lot of merit.
After 14 days in your caloric surplus with moderate carbs, high-moderate protein, moderately low healthy fats, go back to your cutting phase again and you'll surpass your 'sticking point'.

TheDempster

TheDempster

Awards
Figured I would stop this guessing game, and just signed up with a nutritionist in my area that is PHD certified. Last 20 lbs here I come, and them maintenance mode.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Figured I would stop this guessing game, and just signed up with a nutritionist in my area that is PHD certified. Last 20 lbs here I come, and them maintenance mode.
good luck!:cheers:

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
thats great man...
its funny...people will spend $$$ on supplements.. but still fail to understand the basics of nutrition.. Im not saying this is particularly your case..as youve had great progress thus far.
But my sister-in-law is a nutritionist... im amazed sometimes when I talk to her because she knows more than I do with the fundamentals. Its definitely worth your time and money.

In regards to your current plateau..
1. what products have you used in the past for your cut?
2. how much caffeine do you consume a day?
3. Hows your sex drive?

Here's my mindset...
depending on yoru level of stimulant use.. your adrenal glands might be toast after a long cut. now Im not using this as a cheap push for Reset AD, but our Adrenal glands play a significant role in much of what we do. If your adrenals are running low, then they cannot produce the adrenaline and other hormones necessary to facilitate weight loss.

Sex drive is always important because thats like the 'fuel gage' for a mans testosterone levels. With low test levels (especially common with weight loss)...estrogen raises and this can cause weight retention, water retention, decrease in libido, and a host of other issues. You can always get this checked by a doc... but if you have a healthy sexual appetite.. its easy to gauge.

Best of luck to you

TheDempster

TheDempster

Awards
I just started my 2nd phase of the cut. 1st phase no supps. 2nd phase just started 2 weeks ago re: DCP, Leviathan, and I just added retain 2.

I do not consume any caffeine at all, other that what is in the Leviathan, I am very caffeine sensitive. Lastly, my Sex Drive is through the roof.

Once I get to my maintenance weight, I am going do attack a lean bulk.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
The only real deal with a plateau IMO is the point at which your stubborn, redundant, program meets the body's ability to attain homeostasis.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established