Can reset AD raise cortisol levels?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking reset AD for 2 months now and I have noticed a bit more energy but I also have gained a few lbs. The midsection pouch has been incredibly hard to get rid of recently. Stress and anxiety are things I deal with on a daily basis. With reset my adrenals are working better so doesn't this mean more cortisol release to deal with stress? Thanks

Arzi75

Awards
Just asked basically the same question in another thread and the answer was that by alleviating stress, Reset-A.D could indirectly lower the cortisol levels.

Well, interestingly enough - I have been on Reset-A.D. for 5 days now and GUESS what - the only POSITIVE - that I just noticed - is that during this week, I have lost almost 6 lbs.!!

Haven't had time to report this in my log, as I just got off the scale literally - I started out at around 245 lbs last week (my last weigh-in around thursday last week), today - 239 lbs!! Have not been this "slim" in a LOOONG time! :)

I have shed 5-6 lbs in a week without any changes in my diet or work out regime! :)

Maybe my cortisol levels have been so rampant all along that now that there is new sheriff in town - Reset-A.D - to put my cortisol levels in check that perhaps that's why my belly is literally now dwindling by the centimeters! ;)

I have known for a long time that that there's definitely a link between the amount of adipose tissue around my waist and the amount of cortisol my adrenal glands are secreting as I have dabbled with some cortisol blockers and noticed them to help me to lose fat, although never in this magnitude, though! :)

On the other hand, I have missed a lot workouts this week, so perhaps half of the 6 lbs I have lost is plain muscle. Hmmm... :think:

Any how, I will have my blood work done next week - I think seeing the results for my cortisol levels (and other hormone levels, too) is going to be VERY interesting now! :)

Will keep you posted! :)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Just asked basically the same question in another thread and the answer was that by alleviating stress, Reset-A.D could indirectly lower the cortisol levels.

Well, interestingly enough - I have been on Reset-A.D. for 5 days now and GUESS what - the only POSITIVE - that I just noticed - is that during this week, I have lost almost 6 lbs.!!

Haven't had time to report this in my log, as I just got off the scale literally - I started out at around 245 lbs last week (my last weigh-in around thursday last week), today - 239 lbs!! Have not been this "slim" in a LOOONG time! :)

I have shed 5-6 lbs in a week without any changes in my diet or work out regime! :)

Maybe my cortisol levels have been so rampant all along that now that there is new sheriff in town - Reset-A.D - to put my cortisol levels in check that perhaps that's why my belly is literally now dwindling by the centimeters! ;)

I have known for a long time that that there's definitely a link between the amount of adipose tissue around my waist and the amount of cortisol my adrenal glands are secreting as I have dabbled with some cortisol blockers and noticed them to help me to lose fat, although never in this magnitude, though! :)

On the other hand, I have missed a lot workouts this week, so perhaps half of the 6 lbs I have lost is plain muscle. Hmmm... :think:

Any how, I will have my blood work done next week - I think seeing the results for my cortisol levels (and other hormone levels, too) is going to be VERY interesting now! :)

wow...sounds awesome man...look forward to hearing more.

as to the original posters Q. I am sure Reset has NOTHING to do with you gaining weight, and def it isn't increasing your cortisol levels. Not something you should worry about with this product.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
:think:

Definetly get that blood work in and see where your levels are at. I've battled with high cortisol levels for quite a few years if I don't take something that combats it. There could be another reason for my weight gain like my body is in fat storage mod cause i'm burning more then i'm taking in. i'm severe hypoglycemic and my body goes into storage mod very easily and it can be almost impossible to take off weight but recently it appears to be harder. I would imagine if your adrenals are fatigued cortisol release is minimal and while they are working healthy cortisol release is optimal. That's the only reason I had for thinking reset ad could raise cortisol levels. I guess the only answer would be to get blood work.

fitnecise

Awards
Definetly get that blood work in and see where your levels are at. I've battled with high cortisol levels for quite a few years if I don't take something that combats it. There could be another reason for my weight gain like my body is in fat storage mod cause i'm burning more then i'm taking in. i'm severe hypoglycemic and my body goes into storage mod very easily and it can be almost impossible to take off weight but recently it appears to be harder. I would imagine if your adrenals are fatigued cortisol release is minimal and while they are working healthy cortisol release is optimal. That's the only reason I had for thinking reset ad could raise cortisol levels. I guess the only answer would be to get blood work.
Well if you are under high stress, cortisol will be high until you reach adrenal fatigue then it drops, I believe.

Times of high stress, even chronically based on new research, will lead to beneficial cellular adaptations when removed from said stress. People with stressful lives taking something like this would, I assume, benefit greatly. If reset AD is then discontinued, you should have those adaptations in place to handle the stress response better. Course, this is just theory, I would assume both consistent supplementation or cycling would be beneficial to someone such as yourself. One of the beneficial adaptations was a increase in HSP70 (heat shock protein)- and I have seen this one specifically linked to a role in protein synthesis by stabilizing the cell.

Cortisol really needs to be viewed in a different light, some of the companies (not palo) have made it out to be this evil thing. It CAN be bad if you abuse stims or anabolic steroids rebound, but in general you only want to control it at specific times such as right after training.

Eventually i'll put together a more lengthier post somewhere to try to show this better, some of these basic cortisol blockers on the market, if they do work could be more harmful than not.

I've got a bottle of Reset AD on the way, I usually don't use many supplements (ironic because I work for RPN) but I like the idea of this.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
cool, would definitely be interested in your research. I'm just un sure right now whether to continue ordering reset or take a break. I do feel like i'm handling stress better over the past 2 months but it could be anything to. I know I can have caffeine now and not get jitters or nervousness like I did. I get focused like I did years ago. But I don't see caffeine being regularly used anyhow.

Arzi75

Awards
Well if you are under high stress, cortisol will be high until you reach adrenal fatigue then it drops, I believe.
I totally subscribe to this - this is one of the reasons I am hesitant about the possible long-term health benefits Reset-A.D can offer to people who suffer from chronic-like stress. I.e. if your adrenals are all "revved up" while you still continue to suffer from high stress, I think you'd frankly be better off with your adrenal hormones "shut down" than having to deal the all the stressors in your life with a constant stream of cortisol and adrenaline gushing through your body totally unchecked. :)

As a stim "re-stimulator", though, Reset-A.D seems like a shoo-in to win the next Noble price. :)

Eventually i'll put together a more lengthier post somewhere to try to show this better, some of these basic cortisol blockers on the market, if they do work could be more harmful than not.
I'd LOVE to see you elaborating on this! :)

Arzi75

Awards
Definetly get that blood work in and see where your levels are at. I've battled with high cortisol levels for quite a few years if I don't take something that combats it.
Sounds familiar... I have battled with my mid-section pouch for years, too, and noticed a definite connection between how stressed-out I am and how bulky my pouch is getting! :)

Recently I have used some cortisol/estrogen blockers to do the battling for me as due to some extreme fatigue, missed sleep and - most likely - elevated cortisol levels, I have felt like almost fighting a losing battle.

The cort blockers have definitely helped me weight-loss wise, but like I said, the pounds usually come right back once I finish using them.

The results I have experienced this past week, have, however, been "off the charts" - I just finished using LG Product-X Transdermal this week while at the same time embarking on Reset-A.D. - the Product-X contains some form of cholanic acid that according to their ads is a very potent cortisol blocker - could this have had some synergistic effects with the cortisol affecting capabilities of Reset-AD as my weight-loss has been so off the charts? :)

To my knowledge, there has not been any significant changes to my diet or workout regime recently. :)

To give my weight-loss some perspective - a person close to me has been telling me to lose some weight probably for the past 2 or 3 years now every time I see her - she thinks I'm SO overweight - well, today she saw me for the first time in about two weeks - her first comment was - YOU NEED TO PUT ON SOME WEIGHT!!! :D

:)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
that's cool man. Seems like we both don't adapt to stress well. I'm gonna stop taking reset even though I believe its a excellent product but apparently i don't have adrenal fatigue as I thought I did. A big factor for me is sleep. I don't sleep sound or enter rem long if ever I feel. I never wake up refreshed and I think this taxes your ability to deal with stress over time. My new supplement list is

usplabs camphibolic for sleep along with super cissus for cortisol control. I'll let you know how it goes. I dropped 2% bf with this combo in a month before without any change in diet or exercise routine. There's this girl i'm going to be seeing in a month and I would love to show her a sixpack.:thumbsup:

I just found some some old phosphatidyl serine that is excellent for cortisol control. I will use that till i get my cissus.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
that's cool man. Seems like we both don't adapt to stress well. I'm gonna stop taking reset even though I believe its a excellent product but apparently i don't have adrenal fatigue as I thought I did. A big factor for me is sleep. I don't sleep sound or enter rem long if ever I feel. I never wake up refreshed and I think this taxes your ability to deal with stress over time. My new supplement list is

usplabs camphibolic for sleep along with super cissus for cortisol control. I'll let you know how it goes. I dropped 2% bf with this combo in a month before without any change in diet or exercise routine. There's this girl i'm going to be seeing in a month and I would love to show her a sixpack.:thumbsup:

I just found some some old phosphatidyl serine that is excellent for cortisol control. I will use that till i get my cissus.
For cissus you might want to check out Incarnate. It has just as much cissus at the same extraction as SC by USP, plus it has beta-alanine in it.

Arzi75

Awards
Seems like we both don't adapt to stress well..
Yeah. :)

A big factor for me is sleep. I don't sleep sound or enter rem long if ever I feel. I never wake up refreshed and I think this taxes your ability to deal with stress over time. .
Flaw, not sure if this cheers you up, but I saw an document (or read a book) about people suffering from various kinds of sleep disorders - one conclusion was that almost all people with mild (or even severe) sleep disorders "feel it much worse than they have it" - e.g. in a study it was found that even though the people being studied and monitored during their sleep reported upon waking up "not sleeping at all" or only sleeping "a couple of hours" etc, the study showed that they had in reality slept MUCH longer each night than what they had reported (or felt like), and most had entered their REM sleep quite normally despite complaining "that their sleep had been SOOO NOT satisfying". :)

I usually feel like always sleeping too little or almost not at all when waking up, but every time I complain about my "not sleeping" to my girl friend, she goes "so, do you like always then snore all night long even though not sleeping at all"? :D

Phosphatidyl serine (or lecithin) has been a staple of mine for a quite a while, too, very good choice for cost-efficient cortisol blocking although weight-loss wise have not seen any tremendous changes in my body composition while on phosphatidyl serine. Good stuff though. :)

Stress is a b****, you just have to learn how to tame it (if you can't get rid of it)! :D

There's this girl i'm going to be seeing in a month and I would love to show her a sixpack.:thumbsup:
Good luck with your quest for the perfect six-pack hopefully it all pans out fine, at least your choice of supps looks solid enuff to get the job done. :)

:)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
yea.. there's probably some truth to that because i'm still alive and sleep is essential. It's probably the stress of not being able to falls asleep for atleast 1-2 hours each night that gets to you as well as your daily stress. I used to have the problem where I had too much on my mind and couldn't fall asleep. I don't have that problem anymore because I feel more numb then anything. After years of stress you become numb in a way I guess. I don't snore and have been told i'm the most quiet person to sleep next too.

Right now my goals are fixing all the tight muscles I have going on and get more flexible. All this will help with pain and decrease stress. I can't even workout hard right now cause i've been so stressed and mentally I cannot push myself right now. It's tough to get out of this rut but I guess my body is telling me rest so i'll workout when i'm up to it again. I stretch and light weight training but cardio is out of the question right now. It sucks cause cardio is a great stress reliever and I can't even do it cause it will add stress at the moment. If I can get on a regular schedule of sleeping right stress will be easier to deal with cause we all know it will never go away!