Leviathan sides?

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Are any of you "Leviathans" experiencing any negative sides with it? I'm specifically concerned with acne and hairloss but has anyone seen side effects that have caused you to discontinue using? I've experienced some acne in the past with Yohimbine and I'm more than a little concerned with adding Trib to the mix. That being said, I'd like to do a serious summer cut and the muscle-sparing properties are certainly enticing.

I noticed the FAQ says to dose it with food but that seems to contradict the information in this forum. What is the best way to dose it in order to optimize its fat-burning properties? I understand that carbs may dimish the effectiveness of Yohimbine so I'm assuming empty-stomach is the way to go but that's not so easy when you're eating several small meals per day.

Also, the bulk of my remaining body fat is around my midsection. Are you guys seeing significant fatloss in that area or do you feel there are better fatburners out there that specifically target the abdomen?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Hey man... i am predisposed to acne on my back and shoulders, but I have not had any acne in the past 3 weeks that I have been taking Leviathan. Everyone is different though.

The FAQ says:
Leviathan is most effective when the insulin levels in your body are lower. Due to this, take two capsules in the morning AT LEAST 45 minutes before meals and two capsules early in the afternoon AT LEAST 45 minutes before meals. If you rather take Leviathan after meals, dose Leviathan 1 hour after a smaller meal.
This is the best way to achive max results from the yohimbine.
45 mins before meals and/or 60-90 mins after meals should be no problem if you are eating several meals per day.

Ive had the most progress in my midsection fat loss..definitely slimmed my stomach and abs down a lot. I remember reading somewhere that yohimbine targets abdominal fat, ill see if i can find the reference for this.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Hey man... i am predisposed to acne on my back and shoulders, but I have not had any acne in the past 3 weeks that I have been taking Leviathan. Everyone is different though.

The FAQ says:

This is the best way to achive max results from the yohimbine.
45 mins before meals and/or 60-90 mins after meals should be no problem if you are eating several meals per day.

Ive had the most progress in my midsection fat loss..definitely slimmed my stomach and abs down a lot. I remember reading somewhere that yohimbine targets abdominal fat, ill see if i can find the reference for this.
Thanks for the info. I may give it a shot after I finish up my Scorch Remix. You may want to update the FAQ on your web site though - it definitely says to take it with food. I know the FAQ here says differently though.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This might help a little:

Determination of adrenoceptors of the alpha 2-subtype on isolated human fat cells.Engfeldt P, Arner P, Kimura H, Wahrenberg H, Ostman J.

Binding state for the selective alpha 2-adrenergic antagonist (3H)-yohimbine on isolated intact human subcutaneous abdominal fat cells is described in the present study. Specific binding was rapid, reversible, saturable and stereospecific. Adrenergic antagonists competed with (3H)-yohimbine binding in the order indicative of alpha-receptors. Competition studies with adrenergic antagonists revealed that (3H)-yohimbine binding sites displayed properties consistent with those of alpha 2-subtype. Saturation experiments demonstrated that (3H)-yohimbine specific binding was of high affinity with a dissociation constant (Kd) of 3.7 +/- 0.4 nmol/l and a maximum occupancy (BO) of 10.5 +/- 2.1 pmol/10(7) cells. The latter corresponded to approximately 600,000 alpha 2-receptors/fat cell. A significant (P less than 0.002) linear relationship was found between the fat cell volume and BO. A complete saturation experiment for the determination of Kd and BO could be performed using 0.5 g adipose tissue (0.5 ml isolated fat cells), which is 30 times less required when adipocyte membranes are used for these studies. It is concluded that the method can be used for the study of alpha 2-receptor properties and regulation in subcutaneous adipose tissue in a given individual.

PMID: 6312555 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I used to put a little bit of yohimbe herb in my coffee in the AM...even that a few times a week burned a little bit of fat off of my abs. I might have to try me some Leviathan as my abs are becoming an ab. lol

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I used to put a little bit of yohimbe herb in my coffee in the AM...even that a few times a week burned a little bit of fat off of my abs. I might have to try me some Leviathan as my abs are becoming an ab. lol
hahahahha, I know what you mean... Give the the free sample a try and see if you like it.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
This might help a little:

Determination of adrenoceptors of the alpha 2-subtype on isolated human fat cells.Engfeldt P, Arner P, Kimura H, Wahrenberg H, Ostman J.

Binding state for the selective alpha 2-adrenergic antagonist (3H)-yohimbine on isolated intact human subcutaneous abdominal fat cells is described in the present study. Specific binding was rapid, reversible, saturable and stereospecific. Adrenergic antagonists competed with (3H)-yohimbine binding in the order indicative of alpha-receptors. Competition studies with adrenergic antagonists revealed that (3H)-yohimbine binding sites displayed properties consistent with those of alpha 2-subtype. Saturation experiments demonstrated that (3H)-yohimbine specific binding was of high affinity with a dissociation constant (Kd) of 3.7 +/- 0.4 nmol/l and a maximum occupancy (BO) of 10.5 +/- 2.1 pmol/10(7) cells. The latter corresponded to approximately 600,000 alpha 2-receptors/fat cell. A significant (P less than 0.002) linear relationship was found between the fat cell volume and BO. A complete saturation experiment for the determination of Kd and BO could be performed using 0.5 g adipose tissue (0.5 ml isolated fat cells), which is 30 times less required when adipocyte membranes are used for these studies. It is concluded that the method can be used for the study of alpha 2-receptor properties and regulation in subcutaneous adipose tissue in a given individual.

PMID: 6312555 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Hmmm. I'm no doctor and that's a bit technical for my consumption, but it sounds like Yohimbine may target abdominal fat. I may roll the dice again and see if I can take it without breaking out.

Thanks for the post.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. I'm no doctor and that's a bit technical for my consumption, but it sounds like Yohimbine may target abdominal fat. I may roll the dice again and see if I can take it without breaking out.

Thanks for the post.
Yohimbine has been shown in studies to target abdominal fat. Just make sure you follow the dosing schedule on Leviathan.. so that you can gauge your tolerence to it!! Good luck.. I think you'll like Leviathan a lot!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah, the old six pack to a keg syndrome. Happens to all of us bioman. Leviathan has defenitly got my interest peaked, as the more I look into it the more solid the formula really is. A shot in the future is forseable.:cheers:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Tis a good formula.

As for sides...y'all might want to watch your blood pressure on this supp. Yohimbe is known to elevate it. Coleus is known to lower or modulate it.

I dose one capsule about two hours ago and had it with my coffee. That's a pretty steep dose of caffiene for me.

Blood pressure readings taken 3 minutes apart while sitting here moderating (which could drive anyone's BP up, lol);

166/115

173/98

159/103

all at 88 BPM.

The coleus might address the BP issue over time. I will monitor BP throughout the day just to see if it drops at all before dosing again.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Tis a good formula.

As for sides...y'all might want to watch your blood pressure on this supp. Yohimbe is known to elevate it. Coleus is known to lower or modulate it.

I dose one capsule about two hours ago and had it with my coffee. That's a pretty steep dose of caffiene for me.

Blood pressure readings taken 3 minutes apart while sitting here moderating (which could drive anyone's BP up, lol);

166/115

173/98

159/103

all at 88 BPM.

The coleus might address the BP issue over time. I will monitor BP throughout the day just to see if it drops at all before dosing again.
I'll be interested to see your post later on on this. Thanks for the update.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's probably just the high level of caffiene I had this AM contributing to the Yohimbine BP spike, but as with using an ECA one should watch their BP a little.

If I could go for a quick hike it would probably take care of it, but I'm stuck baby sitting.

Current BP reading;

120/72

140/87

146/92

82 BPM

Still bouncing around a bit but the trend seems to be lowering.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
And just to be clear so that no one jumps to conclusions...I'm on a variety of other supps right now so we shouldn't assume 100% that it is Leviathan causing this spike. I'm on PCT right now so that may have something to do with it.

147/94

148/94

144/89

83BPM

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
It's probably just the high level of caffiene I had this AM contributing to the Yohimbine BP spike, but as with using an ECA one should watch their BP a little.

If I could go for a quick hike it would probably take care of it, but I'm stuck baby sitting.

Current BP reading;

120/72

140/87

146/92

82 BPM

Still bouncing around a bit but the trend seems to be lowering.
Out of curiousity, whos baby? If I ever had a kid, I am sure it would have horns and my heart would be racing should I ever be caught in the same room with it!!! LOL

Mannypolarbear

Awards
Is there any evidence that any product specifically reduces "abdominal" fat? I am just curious, because I am pretty sure that your body doesn't choose where to and where not to burn fat. I'm not trying to bash anything, but I have read countless times that these statements are false, and that your body/products you put in your body cannot specifically reduce body fat in certain areas. Thanks.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there any evidence that any product specifically reduces "abdominal" fat? I am just curious, because I am pretty sure that your body doesn't choose where to and where not to burn fat. I'm not trying to bash anything, but I have read countless times that these statements are false, and that your body/products you put in your body cannot specifically reduce body fat in certain areas. Thanks.

I agree. There is no product that specifically burns bodyfat in one place. You burn fat all over your body. Your body doesn't "chose" where to burn fat based on what supplement you take!.

Mannypolarbear

Awards
Yeah, I think it is a very common misconception that when someone takes a supplementand they begin to see their abs, they think that they are burning more fat in that certain area, when in fact, they have reduced their fat all over their body.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
136/82

114/81

125/81

81 BPM

This is about 24 hours after that one and only dose I took. Felt a bit edgy last night but slept fine.