Introducing PAL Reset AD (Adrenal Fatigue Regulator)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Introducing Palo Alto Labs: Reset AD

RE-Stim your Stimulant

You spend twelve stressful hours a day at work, you bust your ass in the gym each and every night, you've got a wife that constantly gives you a hard time and you never seem to sleep enough. Face it, you're flat worn out from all the stress, and the only thing that keeps you going are the energy drinks and the fat burners that you're constantly throwing down. Like millions of others around you, you are suffering from Adrenal Fatigue, a chronic condition brought about by long periods of intense exposure to stress, sleep deprivation and overuse of stimulants.

Introducing Reset-A.D., the first of its kind supplement, designed specifically to resensitize your adrenal system to stimulants while helping to improve overall adrenal function and aid in the alleviation of fatigue, weight gain and muscle weakness brought about due to the over-exertion of our adrenal system. Reset-A.D. has been formulated to offer needed support to the over-taxed adrenal gland and provide your body with many of the missing adrenal hormones that are no longer being adequately produced.

What you've probably also noticed is that the stimulants that you've been throwing down, just don't have the same kick anymore. All those preworkout powders and fatburners and energy drinks you take just to get you pumped for your workout, and they just don't seem to be cutting it anymore. You even wonder if the formula of your favorite product has been changed without you knowing. The formula hasn't been changed in most cases, you've just become DESENSITIZED to the effects of stimulants because of poor adrenal function.

Reset-A.D. is NOT a stimulant, and has NOT been designed to replace any of the stimulant products in your arsenal. It has been specifically formulated to work in close concert with your preworkout and fatburning products as a stimulant facilator in order to give you the maximum perfomance boost in your workouts and throughout the rest of your day.

What is Adrenal Fatigue?

Adrenal Fatigue is the result of the declining function of the adrenal glands and the ability to no longer adequately meet the demands of stress. Unbeknownst to most, the adrenal glands provide a very important, and often overlooked function. They are fully responsible for responding to every form of stress, whether it is psychological, emotional or physical, through complex hormones that regulate energy production & storage, muscle tone and heart rate. When our adrenal glands become weakened, their response to stress becomes inadequate and adrenal fatigue begins to set in. The result often manifests itself as a deep fatigue, loss of strength & endurance, weight gain or mild depression. In order to continue on in our daily lives, we compensate for our fatigue by overdosing on stimulants. What very few of us realizes is that overexposure to stimulants found in energy drinks, coffee and fat burners exacerbates the weakening function of the adrenal glands. Overuse of stimulants puts additional stress on the adrenal system, and is the equivalent of giving way too much gas and flooding out the engine of your car. As adrenal fatigue worsens, the positive "lifting" affect of stimulant products lessens until they really don't seem to work anymore. In an Ideal world, one that none of us actually live in, treatment of Adrenal Fatigue requires 9 to 12 months of minimal stress, sleeping late, taking naps multiple times per day and taking negative people out of our lives. Yeah right, fat chance of that.

Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue:
  • Morning Fatigue. Not seeming to "wake up" until 10am even though you've been up for 3 hours.
  • Middle of the Afternoon "Low"
  • Sluggishness and clouded thinking in the middle of the day.
  • Burst of Energy around 6pm
  • Sleepiness around 9pm, but a "Second Energy Burst" around 11pm till 1am.
  • Mild Depression, Decreased Sex Drive and Lack of Energy
  • Muscular Weakness and declining endurance
  • Weight gain, with extreme difficulty in losing it
  • Unrelaxing or Unfulfilling Sleep
The Adrenal Glands

The adrenal system is exclusively responsible for how the human body copes with and responds to all forms of stress, whether physical, psychological or emotional through the production and release of complex hormones that regulate the storage and production of energy, muscle tone and heart rate. The adrenals produce many extremely important, but often overlooked hormones such as adrenaline, norepinephrine, cortisone aldosterone.

We live in a society in which we are constantly inundated by psychological and physical stress factors. These stress factors come at us in the form of Job Stress, relationship stress, increasingly longer work hours and overuse of stimulants such as caffeine and ephedra. Unlike our predecessors of the previous centuries, today’s American never takes a break and just relaxes. We work long hours, have increasingly greater financial responsibilities, sleep less and generally just beat the living hell out of bodies on a consistent basis.

Over time, the beating that our body takes from stress factors, begins to take a very noticeable toll on the normal function of our adrenal glands. Our adrenal glands that have always provided us with an adequate defense against outside stress no longer have the ability to function at 100% due to being overtaxed on a non-stop basis. Energy regulating hormones that are necessary for us to enjoy life, work like days and just function on a normal schedule are no longer able to be produced by the adrenal glands in the same quantity as before. The reduction in these energy controlling hormones causes fatigue to set in. In order to compensate for this fatigue, the average person increases their daily intake of stimulants. As adrenal function continues to decline, the average person becomes less and less sensitive to stimulants and other energy boosting products.

How does Reset-A.D. work?

Palo Alto Labs understands that no one is ever going to radically change their active lifestyle soley because of fatigue. For this reason we have chosen to completely ignore the traditional method of treating adrenal fatigue, in which one isolates oneself from all stress factors (including stimulants), in order to provide you with an effective real world solution. Reset-A.D. has been formulated to offer needed support to the over-taxed adrenal gland and provide your body with many of the missing adrenal hormones that are no longer being adequately produced due to overexposure to stress factors. The ingredients found in Reset-A.D. have not only been shown in studies to help take some of the workload off the adrenal system so it can repair itself naturally, but also have been found to promote the increased production of energy regulating hormones. Reducing the burden on the adrenal system, and providing it with ingredients needed to facilitate production of stress reducing hormones, enables the adrenal glands to recover to near full functional capacity. Poorly functioning adrenal glands, for the most part don't respond well to the effects of stimulants. Over time, Reset-A.D. enables the adrenal glands to more adequately respond to stimulants through the increased production of energy regulating hormones. This translates to a much greater energetic kick from the fat burners and energy drinks that we use on a daily basis.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving
Pantothenic Acid: 500mg
Bovine Adrenal Tissue: 175mg
Schizandra: 100mg
Licorice Root: 50mg
Pregnenolone: 25mg

Other Ingredients:
Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, White Rice Flour, FDC Yellow 5081

Directions:
Take 1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the afternoon. For extreme adrenal fatigue, take a maximum of 1 capsule 3 times a day.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys
Just to let everyone know, we're not really going to offer to much in terms of product testers for Reset-AD.

* Most e-retailers should have it in stock by the end of next week.

We're excited about this product, because this is something that has yet to be done in the industry. This is the first product of its kind, and we think that adrenal health is neglected by most people.

thanks,
john

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I am really, interested to see how this works. :)

D

dwb

Awards
Hey guys
Just to let everyone know, we're not really going to offer to much in terms of product testers for Reset-AD.

* Most e-retailers should have it in stock by the end of next week.

We're excited about this product, because this is something that has yet to be done in the industry. This is the first product of its kind, and we think that adrenal health is neglected by most people.

thanks,
john
cool this really looks kick a$$

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. Interested too. This could maybe be a good PCT for thyro-tabs.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I am a prone over stimulator, I love stims. I think this will be a fascinating supp to watch. I look foward to what the reports are.

I also wonder how this supp would work with Leviathan.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
We will definitely get a few of these out to some of you guys with serious adrenal issues.. Ill update you all on that within the next week. I'll know more on Monday when we have it in stock and ready to ship.

Also, Reset AD should sell for between $15 - $20 at most e-retailers.

Its no doubt...adrenal fatigue sucks. Really looking forward to helping a few of you guys out with this one.
dave

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
We could probably all benefit from renewed adrenals.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
God damn you! God damn you all!

I was working on something like this myself.
A post cycle therapy for stims, if you will.

Now - I'm all pissed that you guys got it done before I could.

But - I offer my congrats and thanks for getting this to market.
I will buy SEVERAL of these.
(When I go looking to put together a supp - it's generally because I need it myself or the current version is too expensive. Hopefully this isn't MuscleTech expensive.)

Again - thanks for putting this out.

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is a very unique product..I am very interested in giving this a shot. I dont know if you could have described my life any better LOL....

One question. The bovine adrenal gland.......are there absolutely no concerns with mad cow potential and if not why not?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

dan7681

dan7681

Board Sponsor
Awards
Very interested to see how this works Dave. I've extensivley used stims and some of the symptons that Reset AD is suppossed to combat would be very beneficial. Can't wait to see some logs/reviews.

I'll start reading up on the ingredients tomm :)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Very interested to see how this works Dave. I've extensivley used stims and some of the symptons that Reset AD is suppossed to combat would be very beneficial. Can't wait to see some logs/reviews.

I'll start reading up on the ingredients tomm :)
Here ya go Dan....save ya a lil bit of time:dance:

Ingredient breakdown

Bovine Adrenal Tissue:
This is desiccated bovine adrenal gland. Adrenal tissue is particularly important in the initial phases of adrenal repair since it provides raw materials to support adrenal function. It also contains some important adrenal hormones. By including Adrenal Tissue it relieves the adrenal glands' burden and allows the following to occur:
*Relief from the symptoms of poorly functioning adrenals much sooner than waiting for the adrenals to become healthy again, a process that can take weeks or months.
*Significantly faster adrenal recovery

This is very important in the begining stages of adrenal fatigue. It contains essential hormones and nutrients to help restore adrenal function.

Licorice Root:
Licorice helps to reduce the amount of hydrocortisone broken down by the liver, thereby reducing the workload of the adrenal glands. Licorice quickly tones the adrenals by relaxing and strengthening them to continue pumping out adrenaline but in more calculated amounts. Licorice has been found to have a very beneficial and nourishing effect on the adrenal glands as long as some portion of the gland is healthy. Addison's disease, which decreases adrenal cortex secretions, has been treated with success with licorice extracts. Licorice is known to stimulate the production of the cortin hormone which is useful when the body is under mental and emotional stress and helps with the coping process.

Pantothenic Acid:
Pantothenic acid is one of the key components in helping promote adrenal health. Once inside the body, pantothenic acid forms a substance called pantethine, which is further converted into an enzyme called Co-enzyme A. Co-enzyme A is an extremely important compound and is essential in the metabolism of protein, fat, and carbohydrates. It is also the starting spoint for the body's production of adrenal steroids, cholesterol, bile, and haemoglobin. Pantethine allows the adrenal glands to generate more cortisone which is an anti-stress hormone. With more cortisone produced, the body's inflammatory response is reduced. The increased production of cortisone and other adrenal hormones stimulated by Pantothenic acid helps counteract stress and enhance metabolism.

Pregnenolone:
Pregnenolone is the building block of all the adrenal hormones and exerts a powerful effect on the brain, enhance memory and brings about feelings of well-being while significantly improving your ability to deal with stress. Pregnenolone serves as a precursor in your body to other hormones, including dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and progesterone.

It has been suggested that Pregnenolone may play a role in the neuroendocrine response to stress. During periods of stress, the output of adrenal steroids increases. The increased output of these steroids has been associated with increased fatigue in army pilots resulting in poor performance. In a study of pilots under stress, pregnenolone therapy (25 mg, twice daily) improved performance with no adverse side effects.

In another experiment, 25-75 mg of pregnenolone were given daily to 8 leather cutters, 12 lathe operators, and 77 optical workers. While there was little benefit compared to placebo when the workers were not under pressure, productivity rose when the level of work-related stress was higher. Once again, the effect outlasted the length of the study. The subjects also felt that they tired less easily and were better able to cope with the demands of their jobs. No side effects were reported in any of these studies.

The inhibition of GABA release is also thought to enhance mood by preventing the brain from becoming too sluggish and lethargic. Pregnenolone's ability to control GABA levels strongly suggests that this hormone may be a valuable addition to the arsenal of antidepressant medications, especially considering its lack of side effects. By its very nature, pregnenolone works with your body to achieve optimal health and longevity. Pregnenolone's many functions underscore its role as one of the most important hormones in the human body. Pregnenolone reduces fatigue and increases endurance. It also provides the brain with the hormonal and neurotransmitter support it needs to retard memory loss, thus helping to improve concentration and focus.

There has not been alot of studies on Pregnenolone in the past few decades since all of the studies have been done on Cortisone. Cortisone was able to be patented, but since Pregnenolone is natural, not too many research groups conducted research since there was no profit potential from it.

Excerpt:
In the 1940s, pregnenolone was tested in people who were sick or under stress, and it was found to have a wide range of beneficial actions, but the drug industry never had much interest in it. Its very generality made it seem unlike a drug, and its natural occurrence made it impossible to patent. Thus, many synthetic variants, each with a more specialized action and some serious side effects, came to be patented and promoted for use in treating specific conditions. The drug companies created an atmosphere in which many people felt that each disease should have a drug, and each drug, a disease. The side effects of some of those synthetic hormones were so awful that many people came to fear them. For example, synthetic varieties of "cortisone" can destroy immunity, and can cause osteoporosis, diabetes, and rapid aging, with loss of pigment in the skin and hair, and extreme thinning of the skin.

Natural pregnenolone is present in young people of both sexes at a very high concentration, and one reason for the large amount produced in youth is that it is one of our basic defenses against the harmful side effects that an imbalance of even our natural hormones can produce. In excess, natural cortisone or estrogen can be dangerous, but when there is an abundance of pregnenolone, their side effects are prevented or minimized.

In a healthy young person or animal, taking even a large dose of pregnenolone has no hormone-like or drug-like action at all. It is unique in this way. But if the animal or person is under stress, and producing more cortisone than usual, taking pregnenolone causes the cortisone to come down to the normal level. After the age of 40 or 45, it seems that everyone lives in a state of continuous "stress," just as a normal part of aging. This coincides with the body's decreased ability to produce an abundance of pregnenolone.

Schizandra:
Schizandra is a recognized "adaptogen," capable of increasing the body's ability to resist both disease and stress. Scientific studies demonstrate Schizandra's ability to increase work capacity, exercise capacity, mental capacity, and adaptability to darkness and other environmental stresses in both animal and human studies. While alleviating stress and fighting fatigue, schizandra has been shown to help improve the overall health of the adrenals.
*** thanks for PAL for the great writeup....

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
Wouldn't do a thing for me personally, but this sounds like it could be HUGE for many around here. Props to PAL for yet another innovative product.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
After reading the symptoms, I think I'm in that boat too..

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
This is a very unique product..I am very interested in giving this a shot. I dont know if you could have described my life any better LOL....

One question. The bovine adrenal gland.......are there absolutely no concerns with mad cow potential and if not why not?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Good question. But of course, any bovine source is tested for this, thats standard procedure. We would not have an ingredient such as this in the product if there was any concern of mad cow.

Every capsule that you consume that is not marked as 'Vegetarian' has gelatin which is also a bovine source. Any bovine ingredient is scrutinized before its used though.
dave

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
God damn you! God damn you all!

I was working on something like this myself.
A post cycle therapy for stims, if you will.

Now - I'm all pissed that you guys got it done before I could.

But - I offer my congrats and thanks for getting this to market.
I will buy SEVERAL of these.
(When I go looking to put together a supp - it's generally because I need it myself or the current version is too expensive. Hopefully this isn't MuscleTech expensive.)

Again - thanks for putting this out.
Thanks alot man! Great minds think alike.
Regarding price: $15-20 per bottle

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I gotta get some of this. I think after 14 weeks on venom this could definitely be beneficial. :think:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Thanks alot man! Great minds think alike.
Regarding price: $15-20 per bottle
No to hammer you for the important details.... will you be able to take this while on stims, or will you have to cut back altogether while using RESET?

:pizza:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
the symptoms description is my daily routine, litterally insane how exact my patterns follow the example, im no doctor but i had a feeling like i needed something, thanks for the contribution. ALot of people could benefit from this.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
No to hammer you for the important details.... will you be able to take this while on stims, or will you have to cut back altogether while using RESET?
No problem man, really good question actually.

For optimal adrenal health when you are on a heavy stim cycle, I would recommend 2 but probably leaning towards 3 a day. Reset AS was designed to help while your on your stims, or while your cycling off from them. No one is going to stop taking stimulants a day, its not realistic for the average person.

You will get the most and fastest potential if you use Reset while sustaining from stimulants and living a lifestyle more conducive to adrenal health. But taking Reset AD with stimulant products will still help your adrenal glands to operate properly.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I gotta get some of this. I think after 14 weeks on venom this could definitely be beneficial. :think:
Man I guess.lol. I gotta get some of this too. I stopped recently all stims (Apr. 1st)to see if it was affecting my gains and raising my cortisol higher. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in class and I was sleepy. My head was just falling backwards and I was falling asleep every 1-2 minutes. I also was unable to sleep at 9:00. I forced myself to sleep, but when I read the symptoms, I saw this was my problem. haha. This is why stopping to take stims is so difficult.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to add a little more info on stress and fatique for you guys that dave had sent me

Nutritional Approaches to Stress and Fatigue
Gregory Pouls, D.C., F.I.C.N, & Maile Pouls, Ph.D.

Are you feeling stressed these days? Who isn't? Life in America was already stressful before the tragedies in New York and Washington, D.C. Now, with a prolonged war, relentless media coverage, and threat of terrorists reprisals, everyone is on edge. Many are turning to prescription or recreational drugs or alcohol to help cope with their stress. This may help alleviate the problem temporarily; however, drugs and alcohol often cause side effects, dependency, and actually add more stress to the body. This article will offer you methods for approaching stress and fatigue from a healthy, natural perspective. By learning how your diet and lifestyle affect your body and how to support the organs and glands your body uses to deal with stress using targeted nutrition, you can arm your body with a natural stress defense system? that will protect you through difficult times without side effects or dependency.

What Is Stress?
Stress is the reaction of the body to any stimulus or interference that disturbs mental or physical health or normal functioning. Stress is caused by illness, pain, emotional upset, or by external circumstances such as losing a job, or the death of a spouse or family member. In today's society, stress affects everyone. The body cannot differentiate between positive and negative stress. Even happy events, such as a wedding or awards presentation, can be very stressful to the body. The body does not seem to differentiate between whether a stress is emotional, financial, nutritional, biochemical or environmental. All stresses take their toll.

One of the greatest general stresses you can place on the body is nutritional deficiency. This forces the body into a balancing act where it must constantly redirect energy. This leaves the human machine running in a limited capacity waiting for a breakdown.

FACTORS THAT INCREASE NUTRITIONAL NEEDS AND CONTRIBUTE TO STRESS AND DIS-EASE
- Lack of exercise, clean air, and pure water
- Lack of sleep or relaxation
- Depletion of minerals (caused by consuming sugar and commercial foods)
- Exposure to pesticides, herbicides, and other human-made chemicals
- Use of antibiotics, corticosteroids, and immune suppressing prescription drugs
- Use of other prescription or recreational drugs, alcohol, or tobacco
- Consumption of junk foods, excessive in sugar, oils, fats, and heavy proteins
- Lack of enzymes (caused by consuming mainly cooked, refined, processed food)
- Poor digestion and/or assimilation of nutrients
- Increased emotional and environmental stresses
- Individual and unique biochemical needs.

Which Physical Symptoms and Conditions are Caused By Stress?
A certain amount of stress in our lives is considered normal; however, prolonged bouts of stress can lead to fatigue, exhaustion, minor illness, immune suppression, and finally chronic degenerative conditions in the body. Chronic stress negatively affects the immune system. I have found that a very high percentage of my patients who have allergies also have adrenal gland stress and/or exhaustion. Many people attribute their stress-related symptoms to nerves In fact, stress affects the parts of the body that are related to stress: the nervous system (especially through the digestive and intestinal systems) and the adrenal and thyroid glands (hormone-producing glands). 1.

Initial symptoms of stress-related disorders may be back pain, headaches, and neck aches. Other health conditions precipitated by stress include cardiovascular conditions, colitis, depression, diarrhea, digestive disorders, dizziness, gastric and intestinal ulcers, hair loss, high blood pressure, impotence or lack of sexual interest, insomnia, irritability, loss of appetite, anxiety and nervous disorders, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, premenstrual syndrome and menstrual disorders, skin conditions, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndromes (jaw pain and clicking), and weight loss or gain (anxiety eating).

Stress Solutions: Healthy Diet and Lifestyle
People who have healthy lifestyles and diets generally have more energy to cope with stressful situations. A healthy diet involves making time to plan, prepare, and eat healthy meals in an environment that is not stressful, and by eating a diet rich in a variety of foods, including fruits, grains, and vegetables. For optimal health, (for people who do not have a medically restricted diet) fresh fruits and fresh and cooked vegetables should make up 50% to 75% of your diet. 3.

Eating fast food on the run is very stressful to the body in many ways. In addition to providing nutritionally deficient meals, eating high-calorie, high-fat, high-salt, high-sugar, and highly processed or overcooked foods often leads to weight gain, which places additional stress on the body. I recommend that you try to avoid or reduce all foods that place stress on the body or require excessive energy from the body to digest and assimilate, such as artificial colors and sweeteners, preservatives, carbonated colas and sodas, fried foods, red meats, white flour foods, and most packaged, processed snack foods. A rule of thumb I offer my patients is to, Eat more foods that look like they came off a tree, from a plant, or out of the ground, buy organic whenever possible, and try fruits and vegetables that are colorful (green, yellow, red, orange, or purple) as these are the foods naturally high in enzymes, fiber, minerals, and vitamins. The more a food is cooked, packaged, processed and refined, the more it will be lacking in enzymes and nutrients and containing higher levels of chemicals and industrial toxins.
Healthy lifestyles involve taking the time to engage in certain healthy hobbies and activities, such as aerobic exercise, weight training, yoga, dancing, running, swimming, walking, rebounding on a mini-trampoline, and bicycling, while avoiding detrimental habits such as smoking and drinking alcohol or caffeinated beverages. Whenever possible, get outdoors, be around plants and flowers, play with animals, take some deep breaths, and stretch. Getting enough rest and relaxation is crucial to the body for ongoing repair and regeneration of tissues and for the building of an energy reserve needed to cope with future stressors. Being physically fit actually makes you less vulnerable to stress.

It is also important to consume enough purified or filtered water. The best way to determine how much water you should consume every day is to divide your body weight by two. This number will give you the approximate number of ounces of water you should drink per day. For example, a 100-pound woman should drink 50 ounces of water per day, or 6 eight-ounce glasses

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
How Do the Adrenal Glands “Handle” Stress?
The adrenal glands function in the body to help handle stress. They act as our body’s “shock-absorbers.” When the body encounters stress or has low blood sugar, the adrenal glands release the hormone adrenaline into the blood. This hormone immediately increases blood pressure, stimulates the heart, and relaxes the muscles in the lungs. Adrenaline is ideally supposed to be released in situations where “fight or flight” decisions are being made. In modern society, however, high stress levels cause adrenaline to constantly circulate in the body. This can contribute to nervousness, anxiousness, and insomnia. Exercise, dance, walking, and high-energy work help diminish the levels of adrenaline in the blood. Increased levels of these hormones and their metabolites, and other stress-related chemicals left circulating in the blood awaiting removal, can leave a person feeling anxious, irritable, tense, and nervous. 4.

How Do the Adrenal Glands Become Fatigued?
The multiple stresses of modern day life combined with the standard American diet, along with the consumption or use of sugar, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, and prescription or recreational drugs can over stimulate and place stress on the adrenal glands. When the intensity and frequency of stress overcomes the level at which a person can cope with such stressors, something is bound to break down. At this point, people become more vulnerable and susceptible to colds, flu, and infections. People exhibit adrenal gland stress or exhaustion in a variety of ways, some of which can even seem conflicting. Some people exhibit anxiety, nervousness, hyperactivity, or insomnia, while others experience only fatigue or low energy. Some unfortunate individuals experience both. Other signs include overreacting to noises or sudden stimuli, or a craving for salt. 5. One of the most obvious signs of adrenal fatigue is when a person wakes up tired even after a good night’s sleep. Because adrenal fatigue and exhaustion have a negative effect on the immune system, these are often the individuals who catch every cold and flu that goes around or are sick during every flu season.

What are Adaptogenic Herbs?
Adaptogens help the body remain vital and healthy by affecting the brain, muscles, liver, kidneys, and nerves, energizing them and allowing them to function properly even in stressful environments or conditions. Adaptogens work by bringing the body into balance regardless of whether a person is nervous and anxious or fatigued and has low levels of energy. Adaptogens have the special ability to bring either or both conditions to a balanced middle ground. 6. They act as a relaxant without causing drowsiness. 7. They impart grounded energy to someone who is fatigued—not nervous “caffeine-type” energy, and help ground people who are nervous and high-strung. 8.

QA: How do they do this? What exactly is happening in the body chemically?
Adaptogens appear to work by stimulating both physical and mental activity; by protecting and improving the function of the endocrine glands and the liver; by sparing the use of glycogen (the glucose stored in the liver and muscles) and increasing the use of fatty acids for energy.

Can you have too much of them for your own good, like with Vitamin C? Is there a limit? As with all nutrients, there are suggested time and dose ranges for adaptogenic herbs. Regarding ginseng; it is recommended that people take it for two to three weeks, then take one to two weeks off, and do not take ginseng continuously. If:
You are presently taking blood-thinning prescription drugs,
You have been recently diagnosed with high blood pressure,
You have been recently diagnosed with cardiovascular disease,
You have been recently diagnosed with an abnormal or rapid heartbeat, or if
You are preparing to undergo surgery, you should consult with a qualified health care professional before taking ginseng products.

In my clinical nutritional practice, many people visit with complaints of stress, fatigue, and exhaustion. To these people I recommend adaptogenic herbs, including Siberian Ginseng root, American Ginseng root, Schizandra berries, and Ashwagandha root.
Siberian and Panax ginseng are adaptogenic herbs, which moderate the stress response, specifically, reducing the activation of the adrenal cortex in response to stress.9. It also works to prevent stress-induced damage to the thymus gland and lymph glands located throughout the body, which are all components of the immune system. Siberian ginseng supplements provide an increased feeling of well-being, heightened ability to handle stress, increased mental alertness and work output, and increased physical endurance. 10.
American Ginseng root is beneficial especially when the adrenal glands are exhausted and endocrine functioning is insufficient.

Schizandra helps to bring balance and equilibrium to the body even in the presence of stress or pathology. It also improves overall response and strengthens the central and peripheral nervous systems. 11.

Ashwagandha root is considered rejuvenative and a vitalizer in Ayurvedic (traditional Indian) medicine. It has adaptogenic effects as do members of the ginseng family, thus it is considered to be “Indian Ginseng.” 12.

Vitamins that I recommend for conditions of stress and fatigue include B vitamins, folic acid, and biotin. The family of B Vitamins (B1, or Thiamine; B2, or Riboflavin; B3, or Niacin; B5 or Pantothenic Acid; B6, or Pyridoxine; and B12, or Cyanocobalamin) are crucial for helping the body cope with stress and essential for numerous functions including food metabolism and energy production, the formation of red blood cells, protecting cells against free-radicals, blood sugar regulation, supporting the adrenal glands in production of hormones (B5 is known as the anti-stress vitamin) helping to regulate electrolyte mineral balance, and maintaining the health of the nervous system. Folic Acid is essential for red and white blood cell formation. Biotin participates in metabolism of food and release of energy. It also assists in the making of amino acids, nucleic acids, fatty acids, and use of the other B vitamins. 18, 19

These ingredients are found in the UMN Stress & Energy Support formula.

Antioxidants and Other Vitamins
I believe that everyone should take antioxidant nutrients. One of the greatest general stresses placed on the body is oxidative stress.13.

Free-radicals caused by oxidative stress are now considered contributing factors to many degenerative health conditions.

Oxidative, free-radical reactions cause cell membrane damage, DNA damage, and interfere with numerous cellular chemistries. Health conditions associated with free radical damage include liver damage, arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease, cataracts, diabetic conditions, gastrointestinal disorders, immune system dysfunction, inflammation, neurological degeneration, and red blood cell damage. 14.

Sources of free-radicals (oxidizing agents) include cigarette smoke, cooked or rancid fats and oils, heavy exercise, heavy metal poisoning (including aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead, mercury, nickel), human-made chemical poisons (herbicides, pesticides), natural toxins (Candida albicans), radiation (of any form), stress (of any form), and sunlight. 15.
Antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, and E, the minerals selenium and zinc, the nutrients alpha-lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, and herbs such as gingko biloba, green tea, bilberry, pine bark and grape seed extracts all can assist the body in the defense against free-radical oxidative damage to the body’s cells and tissues.

I often recommend Coenzyme Q10 and L-Carnitine in combination for people who are fatigued and exhausted, as these two nutrients are essential for proper cellular energy production. 16 & 17

Conclusion
I recommend that you make your health a top priority. Take the time and make the effort to gradually change your diet, lifestyle, relaxation, and exercise programs. Let these changes become an increasing part of your “new, healthier life.” Develop these habits and know that the benefits are cumulative and will continually improve the quality of your life. Health is wealth.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Cant forget references!!!

References:
1. J Balch, M.D., P Balch, C.N.C., Prescription for Nutritional Healing (New York, NY: Avery) 2000. Pages 646-647.
2. G Pouls, D.C., M Pouls, Ph.D., The Supplement Shopper (Tiburon, CA: Future Medicine Publishing, 1999). Pages 369-370.
3. Maile Pouls, Ph.D., from clinical experience 1986-2001.
4. G Pouls, D.C., M Pouls, Ph.D., The Supplement Shopper (Tiburon, CA: Future Medicine Publishing, 1999). Page 370.
5. Maile Pouls, Ph.D., from clinical experience 1986-2001.
6. M Werbach, M.D., M Murray, N.D., Botanical Influences on Illness (Tarzana, CA: Third Line Press), 1994. Pages 10-11.
7. Maile Pouls, Ph.D., from clinical experience 1986-2001.
8. Maile Pouls, Ph.D., from clinical experience 1986-2001.
9. M Murray, N.D., J. Pizzorno, N.D., Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine (Rocklin, CA: Prima Publishing), 1991. Pages 97-98.
10. D Mowrey, Ph.D., The Scientific Validation of Herbal Medicine (New Canaan, CT: Keats Publishing), 1986. Pages102-103, 192-193.
11. Therapeutic Research Faculty, Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
Stockton, CA: Therapeutic Research Faculty Publishing) 1999. Page 832.
12. J Balch, M.D., P Balch, C.N.C., Prescription for Nutritional Healing (New York, NY: Avery) 2000. Page 89.
13. M Pouls, Ph.D., Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, “Oral Chelation and Nutritional Replacement Therapy for Chemical and Heavy Metal Toxicity and Cardiovascular Disease” July 1999. Pages 82-91.
14. RA Passwater, Ph.D., The Nutrition Superbook: Volume I: The Antioxidants, The Nutrients That Guard the Body Against Cancer, Heart Disease, Arthritis and Allergies- and Even Slow the Aging Process (New Canaan, CT: Keats Publishing) 1995. Pages 4-8, 184-186, 363.
15. Life Extension Media, Disease Prevention and Treatment, Third Edition (Hollywood, FL: Life Extension Foundation) 2000. Page 21.
16. M Ebadi, J Marwah, R Chopra, Mitochondrial Ubiquinone (CoenzymeQ10): Biochemical, Functional, Medical and Therapeutic Aspects in Human Health and Diseases, Volume 1 (Scottsdale, AZ: Prominent Press) 2001. Page186.
17. S Felice, M.D., The Carnitine Defense (Rodale) 1999. Page 89.
18. J Balch, M.D., P Balch, C.N.C., Prescription for Nutritional Healing (New York, NY: Avery) 2000. Pages 15-19.
19. M Murray, N.D., Encyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements (Rocklin, CA: Prima Publishing), 1996. Pages 81-136.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Any idea when nutraplanet will have it in? I have some other stuff to order from there.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Any idea when nutraplanet will have it in? I have some other stuff to order from there.
should be in e-retailers by next week!

sorry first posted about incarnate..haha...incarnate's @ NP now...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
This sounds like this will be a great cutting aid, because the intense workouts, reduced calories, and stims; I feel depleted.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
NOW!!...:dance:

Incarnate (180 caps) By Palo Alto Labs

thanks for the interest somewhatgifted !!
but when will they have reset AD? im doing venom's tri-lean stack right now so i wanna bounce back faster.

so this formula(pregnenolone in particular) inhibits GABA... doesnt caffeine follow a similar mechanism in blocking GABA keeping us mentally alert and able to stay awake? could this cause a greater imbalance of GABA?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
but when will they have reset AD? im doing venom's tri-lean stack right now so i wanna bounce back faster.

so this formula(pregnenolone in particular) inhibits GABA... doesnt caffeine follow a similar mechanism in blocking GABA keeping us mentally alert and able to stay awake? could this cause a greater imbalance of GABA?
Good question!! Here is the absolute great thing about Rest and Pregnenolone in particular.. it acts as a balancing hormone. Basically once Pregnenolone helps to balance your levels it almost shuts it self off, until needed again. It will absolutely not throw your GABA levels off. Pregnenolone has almost zero toxicity and can be used quite effectively for many months straight. There are studies showing Pregnenolone being safely used for over 30 weeks in a row and at high doses. Plus once you cycle off of it, it stays in your system for full month.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Good question!! Here is the absolute great thing about Rest and Pregnenolone in particular.. it acts as a balancing hormone. Basically once Pregnenolone helps to balance your levels it almost shuts it self off, until needed again. It will absolutely not throw your GABA levels off. Pregnenolone has almost zero toxicity and can be used quite effectively for many months straight. There are studies showing Pregnenolone being safely used for over 30 weeks in a row and at high doses. Plus once you cycle off of it, it stays in your system for full month.
:goodpost:

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
We will have Reset AD in stock on Monday. It will ship to NP on Tuesday. NP is usually really good about getting new products up on their website so I wont be suprised if they start taking orders at the end of next week. If you have problems finding a retailer for Reset AD, PM me and I will help you out.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
We will have Reset AD in stock on Monday. It will ship to NP on Tuesday. NP is usually really good about getting new products up on their website so I wont be suprised if they start taking orders at the end of next week. If you have problems finding a retailer for Reset AD, PM me and I will help you out.
cool, thanks for the info. ill pick some up to see if i can upregulate my receptors faster foolowing my stimulant use. im hoping this will limit the withdrawal symptoms associated with most CNS stimulants.

also, could this be used with stims to make their actions more effective or is this not recommeneded?

evan

evan

Awards
  • Established
VERY cool product, this will be usefull for so many diff situations

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
VERY cool product, this will be usefull for so many diff situations
thanks for support evan.
We are excited about this product. Adrenal health is not something we usually think of, and it gets neglected by most people.

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
This sounds awesome and ya after reading the symptoms and having cycled through clenbuterol, eca and now lipo 6 over the past 14 weeks i think i definitely need some.

M

maximus5

Awards
Cant wait to start this since I was diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue by a doc but there isnt much to do about it besides lots of sleep and having a stress free lifesytle. Glad we have a product to help.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Adrenal health is not something we usually think of, and it gets neglected by most people.
Agreed 1000000%. I've taken now 3 periods totally off of all stims - caffeine included - in the last year.
I've not found anything that has really worked worth a s**t (that is a supplement).
I started looking into this a while ago - but I've been too busy with work to make much progress. I had licorice down on my list though. Also siberian ginseng.

I'm going to buy 2 or 3 bottles and start a period off stims as soon as I get it. I'll post my results.
May go ahead and do 2 straight bottles. I've been on waaaaaaaaaaaay too many stims since 1/1/07 (when I picked up another job - but no more pay :mad:).

Again - thanks for putting this out - and at a good price.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Agreed 1000000%. I've taken now 3 periods totally off of all stims - caffeine included - in the last year.
I've not found anything that has really worked worth a s**t (that is a supplement).
I started looking into this a while ago - but I've been too busy with work to make much progress. I had licorice down on my list though. Also siberian ginseng.
ive seen improvements with high dose vitamin C, mega dosed B vitamins, cal/mag, and an increase in carb intake. ive heard DHEA is good but never tried it. doesnt it have poor bioavailability?

anyways, if this supplement does in fact cure adrenal fatigue, that would be amazing. it can take several months or even years to overcome this!

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I like using a high quality ginsing myself. It takes the edge off.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
ive seen improvements with high dose vitamin C, mega dosed B vitamins, cal/mag, and an increase in carb intake. ive heard DHEA is good but never tried it. doesnt it have poor bioavailability?

anyways, if this supplement does in fact cure adrenal fatigue, that would be amazing. it can take several months or even years to overcome this!
This will not be a 30 day fix for most people..thats not realistic. DHEA is very good for AF. Pregnenolone will convert to DHEA and progesterone depending on what hormonal defficiency your body has.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, I don't know if I have addrenal fatigue, never actually diagnosed. Although this is what happened to me. I first started taking EHCL and Caffine about 6 years ago. I slowly worked my way about to about 1 gram of caffiene and 175 mg of ephedrine HCL a day. Granted I am not on it now at all. I have been on and off it several times. The last time I was on abou 125 ephedrine and 800 mg caffiene and it was pretty mild. I did add 1 redline rtd, 1 high tech pharmacuticals ephedra product, I forgot the name and 20 mg of prescribed adderal. The doc tried me at smaller doses and I didn't feel a thing until we got up to 20 mg. Right now I am off the addreral and have been for quite some time. I take 7 basic cuts caps a day. I need 4 for the initial dose to actually feel anything at all. Anyway thats my story on stims....

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
175mg of EHCL is insane, you must have a healthy heart to live throught that!!

evan

evan

Awards
  • Established
I have adhd and have been prescribed ritalan, the sad thing is my adrenals are so worn out(i started when i was five) it dont work anymore and my focus is at a round zero. i have a bad case and it is debilatating(has a Huge impact on my everyday functioning). If this works you may help alot of people in need, and i love the fact that you are not charing people up the a** for this, and basin the price of of raw materials.

We need to support companies like this and keep them afloat

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I have adhd and have been prescribed ritalan, the sad thing is my adrenals are so worn out(i started when i was five) it dont work anymore and my focus is at a round zero. i have a bad case and it is debilatating(has a Huge impact on my everyday functioning). If this works you may help alot of people in need, and i love the fact that you are not charing people up the a** for this, and basin the price of of raw materials.

We need to support companies like this and keep them afloat
evan,
thanks for the kind words and supprt. I really hope it works for you. The problem as you may know is that adrenal fatique is not a quick fix as others may have mentioned. It could take a month, 3 month, a year....Overall health is the main focus, mental and physical.

john

M

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
also is the general idea while trying to treat your adrenal fatigue to not take any stimulents?

Mr.50

evan,
thanks for the kind words and supprt. I really hope it works for you. The problem as you may know is that adrenal fatique is not a quick fix as others may have mentioned. It could take a month, 3 month, a year....Overall health is the main focus, mental and physical.

john