Tianeptine - the ultimate long term cortisol control / damage control

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tianeptine is neuroprotective via multiple neurochemical and cellular mechanisms. When an organism is under stress, or perceives itself under stress, the hypothalamus secretes corticotropin-releasing hormone/factor (CRH/CRF). CRH/CRF in turn increases secretion of adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) from the anterior pituitary. ACTH in turn stimulates the release of glucocorticoids from the adrenal cortex. Persistent, uncontrolled physical and psychosocial stress causes excess cortisol secretion from the adrenal glands. Excess cortisol causes dendritic shrinkage in the hippocampus and a contrasting growth of dendrites in the lateral amygdala. These stress-induced changes tend to lower mood; they can cause clinical depression in the genetically vulnerable. Current evidence suggests that tianeptine acts to prevent and even reverse stress-induced neural damage, promoting both neuronal survival and synaptic plasticity. Sustained use of tianeptine tends to "normalise" the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) system. Tianeptine reduces basal and stress-evoked activity of the HPA, helping its users cope in a stressful environment. Treatment with tianeptine inhibits corticosterone-induced gene transcription. Stress-induced increases in plasma ACTH, and corticosterone levels are diminished. So too is basal activity of corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) neurons and their sensitivity to stress. Prolonged tianeptine use also reduces some forms of stress-induced apoptosis ("programmed cell-death"), notably in the temporal cortex and dentate gyrus of the hippocampus. At the molecular level, tianeptine exerts profound effects on the glutamate system. The amino acid glutamate serves as the main excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain. Its excitatory action is mediated by via multiple receptor subtypes. The three main subtypes of glutamate-gated ion channel are kainate, ampa, and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA). Tianeptine prevents overstimulation of AMPA/kainate type glutamate receptors in the hippocampus that regulate Ca2+ entry into the nerve cell; excess Ca2+ entry into nerve cells is toxic. Tianeptine also modulates the NMDA glutamate receptors. NMDA receptors for glutamate play a critical role in mediating the functional and intracellular effects of stress. Tianeptine reportedly targets the phosphorylation-state of glutamate receptors in the hippocampus, "normalising" stress-induced changes in the amplitude ratio NMDA glutamate receptor to AMPA/kainate glutamate receptor-mediated excitatory post-synaptic currents.
Tianeptine ( Stablon )

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have tried this and did not have a good run. It was not a profound effect on reducing perceived stress or as an antidepressant. Whether or not it produced blood chemistry changes I do not know but there was no perceived positive effects on my part.

Mr.50

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's effects are very pronounced in the sense that it doesn't effect people as heavily as SSRI's do. I've taken venlafaxine in the past and tried a couple other SSRI's and I have to say I never will take anything for seratonin again except for Tianeptine. The negative mood-blunting effects and side effects of SSRI's are pretty crummy in comparison to the mood-brightening (enhancing) effects of Tianeptine. I find it activating while also being an anxiolytic withouth any noticeable side effects..pretty impressive to me.

Most people try the standard 3 x 12.5mg daily dosing scheme but it's not uncommon to go up to or passed 50mg daily. Were you using it casually or clinically?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's effects are very pronounced in the sense that it doesn't effect people as heavily as SSRI's do. I've taken venlafaxine in the past and tried a couple other SSRI's and I have to say I never will take anything for seratonin again except for Tianeptine. The negative mood-blunting effects and side effects of SSRI's are pretty crummy in comparison to the mood-brightening (enhancing) effects of Tianeptine. I find it activating while also being an anxiolytic withouth any noticeable side effects..pretty impressive to me.

Most people try the standard 3 x 12.5mg daily dosing scheme but it's not uncommon to go up to or passed 50mg daily. Were you using it casually or clinically?

Clinically but at 12.5 3X per day. It is interesting that I agree with your description of all of the negative effects of SSRIs except that Prozac (my current med) has not produced these negative effects for me. Of course I have also addressed my adrenals and thyroid optimization in the last 6 months with great success. This combination has left me feeling the best I have in the last 12-13 years. We will see if it continues. It is interesting that there are so many proposed/possible mechanisms of action for depression. I think this leads to the conclusion that many different biochemical imbalances can lead to what is commonly referred to as "depression" but maybe the underlying illness has a different subjective experience for each different person and different bichemical imbalance. Unfortunatly we all refer to these different experiences as "depression". Overall Tianeptine did not work for me but it is great it works for you! So far Prozac (the original SSRI) has been working well for me so who knows.....but I am also the guy who had a gread experience with imipramine (the oldest "dirtyest" antidepressant). Who knows???? Good luck!

Mr.50

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I wouldn't say it's fully working for me, it's basically a band-aid until I start TRT - which actually is starting today! Overall it seems like a great smart drug though, I may keep using it even after TRT levels out and starts working.

Deprenyl was also something I was hoping to initiate for long-term use but it doesn't seem to be agreeing with me too well, gave me more brain fog than usual and more spacial disorientation, so I stopped it for now. If I start that again, it's going to be a much lower dose than the original 10mg I was taking. I really wish amineptine was still on the market though...definately was one of the best pro-sexual dopamine enhancers ever made.

I think even though Prozac is and older SSRI, it's probably one of the better more effective ones too. I know more people who've had luck with this vs other types.
Good luck as well!

Neuron

Neuron

Awards
Thanks! I wouldn't say it's fully working for me, it's basically a band-aid until I start TRT - which actually is starting today! Overall it seems like a great smart drug though, I may keep using it even after TRT levels out and starts working.

Deprenyl was also something I was hoping to initiate for long-term use but it doesn't seem to be agreeing with me too well, gave me more brain fog than usual and more spacial disorientation, so I stopped it for now. If I start that again, it's going to be a much lower dose than the original 10mg I was taking. I really wish amineptine was still on the market though...definately was one of the best pro-sexual dopamine enhancers ever made.

I think even though Prozac is and older SSRI, it's probably one of the better more effective ones too. I know more people who've had luck with this vs other types.
Good luck as well!
It's an interesting drug in ADHD.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Hi folks...my problem is this :
the bastard dentist of mine has used epinephrine(adrenaline) together the anaesthetic to get off a tooth of myself and I was feel very bad....do you know if it can damage my own secretion from adrenal gland?
glands of mine are delicate,soft.....
I had yet experienced about T and GH deficency from glands of mine
When I used T ,I was obliged to restore its secretion with Clomid and with GH use I was compelled to use GHRPs to restore pituitary of mine.
so,I learned that an hormone injection can damage the right workings of the same hormone that the gland produce it.
So,now with those adrenaline (or epinephrine) injections I fear for my adrenal medulla glands and its right adrenaline secretion...I'm feel not very well...

..Supposing that those injections have damaged the right adrenaline secretion from the adrenal glands of mine......
what should I do to restore the glands and its right adrenaline production.....doesn't it exist something (a medicine,a peptide,etc.)to be able for so?
Some bio-pharmacies from China which sell GHRPs and wichever steroids suggst me
about using the corticotropin releasing hormone,CHR ...what's that?

if when I will get blood test in future and in case I got a adrenaline deficiency,
the CHR could solve this problem of mine?...or it could create other problems as a damage of my own CHR secretion too?
thanks
If im understanding this correctly... Then No... one injection of epinephrine or almost any substance is too little to downregulate ur adrenals...