Benadryl (diphenhydramine) aids recovery? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) aids recovery?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

DO NOT try to OD on diphehydramine or dimenhydrinate to get high. I've tried it before and holy Christ did that suck. Just smoke weed to "aid" in your muscle recovery. (Ie. Put You To SLeep.)

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by flobot View Post
    DO NOT try to OD on diphehydramine or dimenhydrinate to get high. I've tried it before and holy Christ did that suck. Just smoke weed to "aid" in your muscle recovery. (Ie. Put You To SLeep.)

Its a deliriant in high doses, like nutmeg.

It's not a "fun" high, more like a "psychotic break" high. You spend the time hoping and praying your brain returns to normal.

Most people that experiment with deliriants don't do it again for this reason, and find the experience very unpleasant.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Yeah, that's exactly how it felt. It's like a fearful paranoia, very opposite of the 'chill' paranoia you might get from weed.

I heard that Benadryl and Gravol (dimenhydrinate) put something in them in purpose so as to prevent people from abusing them?
    •   

4. Professional Member

Last i heard i did not see any studies that backed the benadryl helped "refresh" beta 2 receptors....

Its fine in regular dose(cough syrup) if needed IMO. I wont touch it. When ever i do i get very tired and groggy, like im drunk or something. I dont like OTC much for this reason discussed by T1. Its amazing what the FDA will release.
    Ill stick to our basic supps, GABA, Melatonin, L-Dopa etc...

PS- For the guy on 6mg of Melatonin, try .5mg or less. I would bet it help put you in a deeper sleep. I used to take 1.5g and it didnt seem to do much. I now just take a nibble on the tablet, about .5-.25g prolly and i have some fun dreams or nightmares(im a little scrwed up) hhahaah
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Last i heard i did not see any studies that backed the benadryl helped "refresh" beta 2 receptors....

Its fine in regular dose(cough syrup) if needed IMO. I wont touch it. When ever i do i get very tired and groggy, like im drunk or something. I dont like OTC much for this reason discussed by T1. Its amazing what the FDA will release.
    Ill stick to our basic supps, GABA, Melatonin, L-Dopa etc...

PS- For the guy on 6mg of Melatonin, try .5mg or less. I would bet it help put you in a deeper sleep. I used to take 1.5g and it didnt seem to do much. I now just take a nibble on the tablet, about .5-.25g prolly and i have some fun dreams or nightmares(im a little scrwed up) hhahaah
    true, never go above 1 mg melatonin and taking it sublingually works better.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by flobot View Post
    This is a bad idea in my experience. I was a daily habitual smoker for a few years, and I can say anecdotally as well as from my reading that both alcohol and THC drugs (weed, hash, etc) destroy your REM sleep. You "pass out," you don't "fall asleep"...when I came off of using weed daily for years I experience what is called REM rebound...for weeks and weeks I had more than usual amounts of REM sleep.

To the guys suggesting the .5-1mg melatonin sublingually...thanks! Awesome tip!
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
    This is a bad idea in my experience. I was a daily habitual smoker for a few years, and I can say anecdotally as well as from my reading that both alcohol and THC drugs (weed, hash, etc) destroy your REM sleep. You "pass out," you don't "fall asleep"...when I came off of using weed daily for years I experience what is called REM rebound...for weeks and weeks I had more than usual amounts of REM sleep.

To the guys suggesting the .5-1mg melatonin sublingually...thanks! Awesome tip!
    yeah man thats me!
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish View Post
    This is the reason people take diphenhydramine with ephedrine:

Ketotifen has some proof to show it upregulates B2 adrenergic receptors, the same receptors clen acts on, as a result, people will run it with clen to increase/prolong the effects.
    The primary action we are concerned with is beta-2 receptor activity in adipose tissue in order to maintain enhanced lipolysis and in skeletal muscle in order to increase metabolic rate. There has been no research demonstrating up-regulation of adrenoceptors in these tissues with Ketotifen. The research everyone bases this theory on was looking at lung tissue of asthmatics if i recall.

I can't remember if if was Duchaine or Gundhil that came up with the original ketotifen hypothesis back in the late 90's, but there were lots of guys who attempted using it with clen and the anecdotal reports were very inconsistent, but basically noone was very impressed.

Ketotifen probably doesn't assist in lipolysis at all and histamine receptor antagonists actually seem to have some pretty profound negative metabolic potential. Lyle McDonald has recently discussed some of this research.

Even if there is some merit to the theory, bothering with this is pointless with proper EC use as there is no real evidence of meaningful down-regulation. EC studies of up to 6 months have demonstrated a continuous elevated metabolic rate - which far longer than it takes for severe down-regulation in response to potent selective agonists like clen.

Basically, if you have allergies that require anti-histamines in order to manage then take what you need, but these drugs are more likley to waste your money or even inhibit your progress from a body composition standpoint.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.

Is it correct that using Diphenhydramine effects testosterone levels? And if so by how much?

It`d be a real bummer if your taking supps to increase test,but,are effecting it by taking Diphenhydramine for sleep.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by michael75 View Post
    Is it correct that using Diphenhydramine effects testosterone levels? And if so by how much?

It`d be a real bummer if your taking supps to increase test,but,are effecting it by taking Diphenhydramine for sleep.
    i havent heard of that
  11. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by zaosha View Post
    The primary action we are concerned with is beta-2 receptor activity in adipose tissue in order to maintain enhanced lipolysis and in skeletal muscle in order to increase metabolic rate. There has been no research demonstrating up-regulation of adrenoceptors in these tissues with Ketotifen. The research everyone bases this theory on was looking at lung tissue of asthmatics if i recall.

I can't remember if if was Duchaine or Gundhil that came up with the original ketotifen hypothesis back in the late 90's, but there were lots of guys who attempted using it with clen and the anecdotal reports were very inconsistent, but basically noone was very impressed.

Ketotifen probably doesn't assist in lipolysis at all and histamine receptor antagonists actually seem to have some pretty profound negative metabolic potential. Lyle McDonald has recently discussed some of this research.

Even if there is some merit to the theory, bothering with this is pointless with proper EC use as there is no real evidence of meaningful down-regulation. EC studies of up to 6 months have demonstrated a continuous elevated metabolic rate - which far longer than it takes for severe down-regulation in response to potent selective agonists like clen.

Basically, if you have allergies that require anti-histamines in order to manage then take what you need, but these drugs are more likley to waste your money or even inhibit your progress from a body composition standpoint.
    Good post.

Anti-histamines are counter productive to the fed state.These drugs induce hunger in spite of a caloric intake at maintainence or a surplus.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Unhappy ?

Hmm OK. I am confused.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

?

Quote Originally Posted by thorcram View Post
    Hmm OK. I am confused.
    So. Is it good for receptors. Clear or down regulate them?
    Take it or don`t take it for this reason?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 06:17 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
  3. Diphenhydramine
    By MrBrightside in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 06:26 PM
  4. Somnidren with diphenhydramine
    By Aeternitatis in forum Millennium Sport Technologies