Propecia/Finasteride - Inhibit Muscle Growth/Strength?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. That stuff is BAD NEWS, systematic dht is not something you want to reduce in a male body for mere cosmetic issues. This stuff has very real irreversable sexual side effects. Without normal DHT levels don't expect to feel great, as in serious lethargy. It's a very important CNS stimulator, that strengthens the immune system, and provides males with needed aggression, and vitality. DHT balances estrogen in the body, when you reduce it, an imbalance occurs. This will cause estrogen to dominate, and cause weight gain around the hips, breast enlargement, water retention, and emotional changes. Your body is slowly turning into a woman, is the reality of it. You will lose your hair one day no matter what you do, if its in your genetic disposition. This is not something you can prevent, but can only delay. Search the internet on the subject, it's there.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

2. finasteride decreases test count and dht and thus increases estrogen. u will lose muscle if u r on it 4 a long time..........
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by wellsoci View Post
    finasteride decreases test count and dht and thus increases estrogen. u will lose muscle if u r on it 4 a long time..........
    This is not a true statement.

Finasteride inhibits the conversion of testosterone into DHT by blocking the 5 alpha reductase enzyme. This actually causes an INCREASE in testosterone, because your Test is being "saved" from conversion into DHT.

I've been on finasteride for nearly 10 years, and I had my testosterone levels checked in January for the first time (before I'd run any cycles of anything) and my Test levels were at 749, and I'm 37.

4. greaser, did you test dht and estrogen too?

5. Quote Originally Posted by ramschi View Post
    greaser, did you test dht and estrogen too?
    No, but I'll be getting bloodwork for testosterone and estrodiol in a few weeks for PCT. But this is coming off a run of Hdrol and Dermacrine, so I don't think the numbers will say much about the effect of Finasteride.
    •   

6. Propecia is POISON. I've been off the drug for 8 years since I was 20..I'm about 28 now and still have persistent sexual side effects..NO libidio, no energy(Highly legarthis), GYNO, more FAT around my body....I only took it for 9 weeks..I noticed the sexual side effects on the 8-9th week and immediately stopped and haven't recovered.

Go to propeciahelp.com if you don't believe me...1612 registered users.

This stuff needs to be taken off the market for hairloss...For prostate issues, ok i can see the need if your older...For someone in their 20's, it's a ridiculous drug to take.

There is plenty of articles stating how important DHT is for the Central Nervous system. Finasteride eventually negatively affects testosterone levels, LH, FSH, DHEA, Prolacitin, Free Testosterone, and Estrogen & Estradial(E2) levels.

Again, if you don't believe me, go to propeciahelp.com and look at all of the hormone tests and bloodwork. There is plenty, trust me.

Finasteride has proven to decimate DHT metabolites (3 alpha androstandiol glucoride)
    This is the DHT that is present in your prostate, testes, and spinal cord. Looking on the website, you will see many members with subnormal levels of 3-alpha androstandediol glucoride. It is the best marker for 5 AR II activity. Just checking DHT levels is not good enough because some of it is located in 5 AR I(30%). Finasteride blocks 5 AR II where (70%) of DHT is located in vital parts of the human body. We've done the research, countless days and nights...

7. Quote Originally Posted by anabolicJ View Post
    Propecia is POISON. I've been off the drug for 8 years since I was 20..I'm about 28 now and still have persistent sexual side effects..NO libidio, no energy(Highly legarthis), GYNO, more FAT around my body....I only took it for 9 weeks..I noticed the sexual side effects on the 8-9th week and immediately stopped and haven't recovered.

Go to propeciahelp.com if you don't believe me...1612 registered users.

This stuff needs to be taken off the market for hairloss...For prostate issues, ok i can see the need if your older...For someone in their 20's, it's a ridiculous drug to take.

There is plenty of articles stating how important DHT is for the Central Nervous system. Finasteride eventually negatively affects testosterone levels, LH, FSH, DHEA, Prolacitin, Free Testosterone, and Estrogen & Estradial(E2) levels.

Again, if you don't believe me, go to propeciahelp.com and look at all of the hormone tests and bloodwork. There is plenty, trust me.

Finasteride has proven to decimate DHT metabolites (3 alpha androstandiol glucoride)
    This is the DHT that is present in your prostate, testes, and spinal cord. Looking on the website, you will see many members with subnormal levels of 3-alpha androstandediol glucoride. It is the best marker for 5 AR II activity. Just checking DHT levels is not good enough because some of it is located in 5 AR I(30%). Finasteride blocks 5 AR II where (70%) of DHT is located in vital parts of the human body. We've done the research, countless days and nights...
    Agree 100%.

propecia = poison.

8. Has anyone tried Polysorbate 80?
  9. need help

Now This is the stuff that scares me.

Here is my deal, I am fatty mc fat face/newbie. I have let myself go for about 7 years. I have been so busy with my career, Marriage, Kids that I have just fd up. The Wife just had baby #3 and it is time for me to get after it. I changed my diet to clean meals, and have been working out. So far since 4-16 I have dropped from 252 to 239(not great i know). I have high cholesterol so I am worried about what to take.
    First i was thinking of taking a cleanse. Anyone heard or taken the Herbal Cleanse from advocare?
    after the 10 day cleanse i'm gonna run cycle assist+inhibit-e+alpha-t2+jack3d
    in may i head back to the field and i will be super busy again but I plan on fitting in 4 days a week + for the gym and workouts.

I need some ideas and or critiques plus anything else i should be taking such as pcts or even diff products. anyone got any ideas?

Help me cut it!

10. Quote Originally Posted by bikeboatski View Post
    I too wonder about deliterous effect of lack of DHT on muscle. Manufacturer says DHT mainly present in skin, hair and prostate, but if its present here it must also be present in muscle and other cells. Unfortunately no studies in medical literature that I could find, just anecdotal reports like mine and others posted.
    DHT is deactivated almost immediately in skeletal muscle (I forget the name of the enzyme responsible), which is why it is not anabolic. However, it is important for the CNS, which controls your muscular coordination and power output.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. High HDL/ Low LDL levels inhibit muscle growth?
    By GnastyMcNasty in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 01:52 PM
  2. LIQUID FINASTERIDE(PROPECIA)
    By jtnixit in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 03:56 AM
  3. Finasteride(hair growth success)
    By repmks in forum Pics
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 05:35 AM
  4. Could Propecia (Finasteride) produce gyno?
    By vette00 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 08:14 AM
  5. Blood Tests post propecia (finasteride)
    By jxpx1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 01:57 PM