deprenyl (selegaline) vs high-dosed wellbutrin

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    Yeah Neuron - why be a douche in thread after thread. Selegiline was originally created as treatment for Parkinsons. Later it was approved for depression.

Selegiline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Douches are people who present fiction as fact. If you don't know something then don't claim to know.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Are there any common supplements / drugs to avoid while on deprenyl?

I was told Rhodiola is a common one...which I find in a lot of bb supplements. It has a general MAO inhibiting effect.

Also is deprenyl safe to take with an SSRI?
    Anything that can raise blood pressure or is a stimulant is probably best avoided.

Deprenyl is safe with an SSRI provided the dose is 5 mg or lower.
    •   

3. Damn those Redwings...
    Last edited by Ziquor; 06-01-2008 at 05:01 PM.

4. I would assume that sam-e is best avoided while on any of these as well.. Maybe I will pair it with 5-HTP or trypotphan, possibly tradozone if my sleep becomes interrupted.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I would assume that sam-e is best avoided while on any of these as well.. Maybe I will pair it with 5-HTP or trypotphan, possibly tradozone if my sleep becomes interrupted.
    Keep in mind trazodone is a 5-HT2 receptor antagonist.

While I'm not surprised by the lack of information by some posters above anyone could do alittle more research before stating facts without understanding them.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I would assume that sam-e is best avoided while on any of these as well.. Maybe I will pair it with 5-HTP or trypotphan, possibly tradozone if my sleep becomes interrupted.
    I've taken both SAM-e and Deprenyl at low doses. SAM-e at 200 mg / Deprenyl at 5 mg. Just started doing it about a month ago. Seems to be alright thus far.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    L-dopa would be cool with Wellbutrin. I have combined wellbutrin with l-Tyrosine for a great effect.

Any use in taking the L-dopa along with deprenyl and DLPA. Or is just DLPA the way to go? Thanks in advance.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Any use in taking the L-dopa along with deprenyl and DLPA. Or is just DLPA the way to go? Thanks in advance.
    It will have strong effects, but be careful combining them.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

9. lmao check out the wikipedia on wellbutrin. Supposedly it's got a very low abuse potential, yet give it to a monkey or rat (rat, how the hell?) and they learn to shoot themselves up with it on their own will.

According to the US government classification of psychiatric medications, bupropion is "non-abusable"[121] or has low abuse potential.[122] In animal studies, however, squirrel monkeys[123] and rats[124] maintained the intravenous self-administration of bupropion, which may indicate abuse potential. However, significant interspecies differences of bupropion metabolism, particularly between rats and humans, make such extrapolations questionable.[125]

10. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    It will have strong effects, but be careful combining them.
    I'm looking for the prudent approach. I've taken DLPA by itself, and dont recall much, other than a slight reduction in chronic pain.

I've also read about chocomaine (spelling).

What would be the best first step to get the PEA higher and lasting longer. And of course, money is an issue. I already have plenty of deprenyl.

Always looking for better sleep, so if taking L-dopa at night helps, I'd be willing to go on a trial of that too.

Suggested dosages would help.

TIA.

11. Deprenyl did absolutely nothing for me. Dosed at 2mg per day for one month. Took a few weeks off, went back on at 10mg per day for two weeks. That gave me headaches. No positives.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I've just had a meeting with my doctor yesterday about switching from 300mg of wellbutrin XL to a properly dosed Deprenyl patch, to get a heaftier boost of dopamine until I go on TRT shortly.

He didn't know much at all about deprenyl, other that he's heard of it, so he didn't feel comfortable prescribing it. Instead, he upped my dosage of wellbutrin to 450mg (which is the max allowable dose). Is this going to significantly raise dopamine, at least second best to deprenyl?

Not quite sure what to expect from 450mg of wellbutrin, in terms of an anti-depressant, dopamine booster (libido), and attention aid. All I know is that this dosage greatly lowers the seizure threshold in patients and can make people more prone to them (if they may be prone to them to begin with).
    Why exactly are you taking these things? It appears you are trying to get some sort of added dopaminergic benefit other than an antidepressant effect but I cannot tell. If you are maxed out on bupropion and still feeling depressed you need to switch to a different agent. Since depression has such a wide array of effects on so many receptor type such as 5HT, DA, and NE it is impossible to predict which will work in each patient, there is no perfect formula or drug for every person. Switch to an SSRI like citalopram or escitalopram (Celaxa and Lexapro) or an SNRI like duloxetine (Cymbalta).

MAOI's like selegeline are not used anymore except in cases such as Parkinsons and the adverse effects, potential for toxicity (especially with children around), and drug/food interactions are through the roof and can worsen your problem by giving you fluctuating neurotransmitter levels.
    Gain Strength. Add Lean Mass. Recover Faster. : ERGONINE

13. Hey there, well this was years ago.... a very old post

I had low test and thus low dopamine. I'm on TRT now and I don't take any anti-depressants or dopaminergenics except for occasional 5mg tab of deprenyl maybe twice per week, and some P5P.

14. Btw Mao-b inhibitors don't have food restrictions like Mao-a inhibitor's have. Mao-b only effects DOPA and NOR/EPI unless taking extremely high doses, then there is some spill over to A.

Deprenyl is EXTREMELY safe and is actually neuro-protective, thus it's popularity amongst the anti-aging crowd.

SSRI's are a nightmare and can permanently lower dopamine in some patients. They are ugly, and I would never suggest them to people. SSRA's are the future, and I would highly recommend SAM-e or an SSRA over old school and horrible, ED inducing, personality blunting SSRI's

15. I love low dose deprenyl ( 2,5mg ED) with a natural source of L-dopa ( mucuna pruriens)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT for a high-dosed Hemadrol/Zol cycle
    By Gutterpump in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 01:19 PM
  2. Making high dosed powders 500mg/ml
    By bpdaddy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 02:00 AM