Adderall and bodybuilding

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I was prescribed it for a little bit a while back by a shrink. I felt more relaxed on it. I didn't feel this so called "rush" you guys are talking about. Went off it because I just don't believe in prescription drugs are the answer for certain problems. I believe you can fix any problem without prescription drugs by getting to the root of the problem. Maybe they can help for a limited time but not forever.
    If it's taken in a correct dosage and timing there will be negative effect but if taken excessively it will definitely crash your world with all the negative side effects that you will go through

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OpKang101 View Post
    ehh adderall for me doesnt do much,

not addictive IMO, although for others it may be.

My appetite still rages while on adderall.
    Good for you!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    If you snort about 30-40mg you'll be able to drink a liter of vodka in one night; not that anyone should ever do that under any circumstances.
    yeah because by the time you finish the vodka you will be dead already because of OD
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    done that but drank about 25 beers and whatever else i could get my hands on........then again, seems that was common for college
    yeah that is why OD is also common among college
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashish View Post
    Hey, isn't Adderall can be very addictive? You have to be very careful about using this. I know for a fact this can have a lot of side effects and can be risky. Be careful
    yes adderral is very addictive that is why it is not recommended to be used without doctor's prescription or for just recreational purposes because it can lead your life in hell
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wontstop985 View Post
    Adderall makes my muscles feel extremely tight, my upper back in particular. Are there any effective ADD medicines that will help with focus/motivation that don't have the same physical side effects as adderall? How is vyvance in terms of sides?
    not much of a difference between adderral and vyvance. Below are just of the side effects that are present on both drugs

Fatigue
    Insomnia
    Nausea
    Aggression
    Insomnia
    Depression
    Headache
    Decreased appetite
    Somnolence
    Suicidal ideation
    Abnormal behavior
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

You do know there is a multi-quote reply, right? It is located just to the right of the standard quote reply.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.

wtf would you need that for? just take some caffeine unless you want to become and addict and start smoking crank.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Adderall sucks. i'm 18 iwas on it for 5 years and i could swear it stunted my growth. i know i should be taller than this.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

this one time at band camp...
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim666 View Post
    this 1 time.. it was after he was on it for a few months.. we were at a friend house and were just relaxing smoking a few L's and this kid just started to go insane. he began yelling at everyone and threatend to kill his younger brother. he ate 11 percocets and snorted 6 more and ended up scratching himself so bad he had claw marks on his legs / torso that were bleeding perfusely we had to take him to the ****in hospital for an OD
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

hmm sounds good where can i get some?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  269 lbs.

Back in my college and really unhealthy days I stayed up for 5 days straight from bumping adderall with some buds. My roommate took it to a whole new level, bumping adderral and ingesting a few cubes of acid. After my 5 day binger I woke up 2 days later (no joke) to our room door completely open, the room was in complete shambles and Greatful Dead's "Truckin" was playing continuously on the computer for god knows how long.

I heard that during my 2 day sleep binge my room mate had been in a zombie like daze, staying up way longer then I (not sure for how many days) and had apparently even walked into our dorm neighbors room (door next to the bathroom) dropped his pants, unzipped and pissed all over the poor dudes computer, thinking that he was in the bathroom, then just leaving while saying something about there never being paper towels when you need them. Needless to say he dropped out of college shortly after that....haven't heard from him since...We had some good times though:-)
  13. Registered User

I am currently prescribed adderoll ,and from reading this posting and doing a little investigation i would like to get off this drug. I would rather treat this disorder with a more natural approach. I have found a couple supplements that might help. could you guys please give me some constructive criticism and or build on to the list of the following supplements? fish oil, phosphatidyl serine complex, dmae,ginkgo biloba, l-tyrosine.also ive tried pot in the past and notice when i smoke a small amount of a high % sativa it helps me gather my thoughts and focus . have any of you tried or herd of this before? please dont bash me i am just looking for advice and would really like some help.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Pot is illegal and I love aderall I am in the military so both drugs are Illegal but if I was to give my honest opinion Smoking pot with vitamin regimine and diet and excercise is good for you. Ask arnold in pumping iron.. After he won that thing he was smoking def not a cigarette. pimpinlow I would say you're doin it right.
  15. Registered User

Adderal, like most amphetamines will rev up your stress hormone production by increasing the conversion of adrenaline-noradrenaline-dopamine. Stress hormones are catabolic. You have an uphill battle - pm me if you want a real solution to your "ADHD".
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.

wooooooow interesting thread
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

May I suggest clen/taurine for weight loss and Anadraulic state for gym motivation. While I loved adderall in college it certainly isn't good for you. Clen will give you the desired weight loss and hunger suppression, but without addictive properties and actually the shakes will piss you off enough that when you have achieved your weightloss goal, you will be ready to be off the stuff. Anadraulic state is a great pre-workout. Best I have tried.
    Go with this combo and you will not be disappointed.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.
    yes it is. You can also drop dead if you mix the two. You will go into cardiac arresst.
  19. Registered User

I'm prescribed 40mg and I won't even go into detail about everything I've done while on it. All I know is don't believe all the hype.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.
    No, it's amphetamine. Methamphetamine is "Meth" which is like 20 times worse than adderall and is a quick, home-made version of amphetamine, but I wouldn't get the 2 confused. Adderall won't rot your teeth or cause you to age 20 years in a few months. However, I do believe that adderall can be just as powerfull and dangerous as coke.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb S. View Post
    No, it's amphetamine. Methamphetamine is "Meth" which is like 20 times worse than adderall and is a quick, home-made version of amphetamine, but I wouldn't get the 2 confused. Adderall won't rot your teeth or cause you to age 20 years in a few months. However, I do believe that adderall can be just as powerfull and dangerous as coke.
    Yeah, where is the 3x worse data coming from? I am positive that Adderall has effects on thyroid production and neurotransmitter balance.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I took this crap once and damn near almost had a seizure. I get so pissed off thinking about **** like this I was forced to take drugs as a child.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I had real bad issues with addiction to recreational abuse of ADD meds for a while. I started when trying to cut for competition - needed to help to try and get through school while doing so. First I was taking one here and there for when I needed a boost, eventually just blowing 40-60mg daily.

I think I killed off a good part of my brain and retained none of the information I learned. Lost so much mass and retained fat; so that worked backwards. I wasn't sleeping, I did eat but not enough and wouldn't have known either way if my diet was on. Spent massive amounts of money. My lifts were strong in the beginning but got progressively worse fast. And my libido was shot for a long time... when I did have sex on it, it was amazing.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

So ya... very bad idea. Don't ever think this is a good "supplement" for bodybuilding. Ever.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  25. Registered User

If its not prescribed to you than you shouldn't be using it. As far as I'm concerned if you are using it and its not prescribed to you, you are the same as a coke head or meth-head. Acting like its a supplement to be used for bodybuilding purposes is just ridiculous.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

bananas...

Ok so I've read a majority of the posts here and I just want you all to hear, from someone who has taken this drug in all fashions since I was in second grade, with years off in between, that this drug DOES NOT have 'withdrawals so bad that i would take perks to fight the pain'.. that is hilarious!

I read a story about a kid who was "smoking L's" and his buddy went "crazy" and ate 6 perks, snorted some, scratched himself to the high heavens... and you think this was caused by Adderall? not the fact that the kids already abuses drugs, is mixing drugs, and clearly has some sort of behavioral disorder to begin with?

I am searching for information regarding adding lean muscle mass/adderall as I am stuck at 165lb 16% body fat. My strength increases every week, but I don't feel like my size is increasing given I'm eating 600 calories beyond my BMR + 800-1000 calories burned in the gym/800-1000 calories burned in my MMA workouts. THAT IS A LOT OF FOOD.

Do research. See what affects adderall have on the brain. You're releasing an ALREADY STORED CHEMICAL in the brain called "neoeprephrine". The same chemical released during intense focus/concentration. If you take adderall 14-15 days straight you 'dry up the well' so to speak, and you feel lethargic and 'slow' thinking. Anyone who tells you they first of all take 60mg a day is already abusing it, and their doctor needs to be treated himself. Also, anyone who tells you they have 'severe withdrawals' needs a hug, because it is a cry for attention.

Again - I've have taken this drug on and off for a majority of my life. The worse thing I can say is that I have to force myself to eat, and I really really enjoy food when I'm not on it. On the positive side, I'm 25, I own my own home, I have a job paying well beyond any of my friends of similar incomes, and I have a smile on my face everywhere I go. Without Adderall I would probably be some punk ass kid still believing "school is for losers" and no care in the world about success or anything of the like.

So before you bash the drug with all of your fictional bull**** - keep in mind those who NEED it benefit from it greatly. Those who ABUSE it have issues beyond adderall.

BTW - I still don't know what affects it has on muscle gain... But I'm sure Ill find the answer anywhere outside of this forum.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbane View Post
    I read a story about a kid who was "smoking L's" and his buddy went "crazy" and ate 6 perks, snorted some, scratched himself to the high heavens... and you think this was caused by Adderall? not the fact that the kids already abuses drugs, is mixing drugs, and clearly has some sort of behavioral disorder to begin with?
    Cool story, bro.

Do research. See what affects adderall have on the brain. You're releasing an ALREADY STORED CHEMICAL in the brain called "neoeprephrine".
    Oh really? Neoeprephrine?

Anyone who tells you they first of all take 60mg a day is already abusing it, and their doctor needs to be treated himself. Also, anyone who tells you they have 'severe withdrawals' needs a hug, because it is a cry for attention.
    I have no idea what you are talking about here.

I have a job paying well beyond any of my friends of similar incomes,
    No, by definition, you don't.

Great post, though, bro. Thanks for helping everybody out.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

I would say it wouldnt be helpful to gaining mass or strength in the long run.
  29. Registered User

this thread is dying. Lack of interest. There are many other adhd and add forums that get into detail but probably only gets as deep as we did here on AM.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

I just want to say that once your tolerance builds up after 2-3months... libido and other functions return in full force....it's just an adjustment that your body goes through with weightloss, etc. I feel those who are new to it need to be conscious of appetite, but I wouldn't say if you've been on it for a while to up the calories based on my sleep and blood pressure and heart rate after being on it for 3 months... I can take naps no problem, even while on it... My resting heart rate is always in the 40s.. and I have healthy blood pressure now--I didn't at first. So.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  290 lbs.

I've recently gotten back onto Adderal after a 15 year break. Took the stuff in middle school for ADHD, and just over a month ago, have renewed my prescription for the same issue. Here's my 2 cents:
    First off, it's only legally available with a prescription for a reason. It's powerful stuff that directly effects your brain chemistry. Second, once the pills are in your hot lil hand, you should only take them as prescribed. Exceeding the dose is dangerous and speeds up tolerance. Tolerance leads to the user needing a larger dose for a similar effect to the one they had when they started.
    As far as its use as a training supplement is concerned, I'd say that it's limited, but effective, especially with cardio. It can give a signifigant energy boost, especially when you're new to the prescription. There is a slight change in the user's perception of time, making workouts seem to fly by.

It should be mentioned that the stuff can strongly effect a user's emotions; especially anger. Little things can make you positively tingle with rage, and it's vital that if you find yourself becoming unusually emotional that you remember that you're drugged, and that it's affecting the way that you think. I also find that I like sending time with people less on it.
    To summarize: if you use it, use it legally, exercise restraint, and don't let yourself become dependant upon it.
    www.optimumfitness.com

A passion for winning
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.

just a personal story i stopped aderrall in 8th grade and was 115lbs and prob 6% bf but by my senior year i was 225 and 10%bf. ofcoarse genetics and puberty had something to do with it but the aderall def did as well. it really decrases appetite while boosting bmr as most stimulants do. comming off it sucked as well it was weeks of just being exhausted all the time, im glad that part of my life is over
  33. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb S. View Post
    Methamphetamine isn't just a cheap home-made version; there is a major difference in that meth is a secondary amine whereas amphetamine is a primary. They are completely different molecules. Also, methamphetamine isn't any worse than amphetamine. Pharmaceutical grade meth (desoxyn) has been proven to be less of a load on appetite, sleep hygiene, and on the cardiovascular system. Its slightly more neurotoxic though from additional 5HT activity. However, in the horror stories you hear about people going crazy on methamphetamine or amphetamine, its not because of the neurotoxicity but because of sleep deprivation/ starvation from days of binging. Overall methamphetamine and amphetamine are pretty much equally bad when compared. Comparing trailer park meth to laboratory made adderall is just retarded though.

Also, ADD and ADHD are real. Its been proven that there are people that have a stunted frontal lobe. The parts of the brain that deal with organization, concentration, and speech are far below the norm. THIS, is true ADD/ADHD. The reason why many ADD/ADHD kids grow out of it when they grow older is because they're brain development finally catches up with their peers kind of like how some kids go through puberty much faster than others. When they are finally biologically adults their brain is done growing for the most part and THIS is when supplements SHOULD be prescribed. That said, ADD/ADHD does have a negative stigma because of many inept psychiatrists that diagnose every other kid they see with it and give them scripts for amphetamine. These kids then go on and take it as said and get the tweak effect. The tweak effect is usually what gets these kids hooked because they start using it like caffeine and quickly build a tolerance (These are the kids that you hear about taking 100+ and staying up for days at a time; 10-60mg is the therapeutic norm. I've personally cycled 10, 20, tolerance break for many years successfully) If you truly have ADD/ADHD and you take adderall, your racing thoughts disappear and you mellow out (paradoxical effect, the reasons are for the most part unknown). If you don't have ADD/ADHD you get more racing thoughts and act obsessive.

tldr; stop comparing apples to oranges, only adults should be prescribed amphetamines, ADD/ADHD is real but more frequently than not misdiagnosed.

Just googled my way to this page to see if any lifters here have had any information to share about their experiences with therapeutic amphetamine since I'm a relatively unhealthy guy who has a personal training session in the morning to learn to lift and get started on a way to a healthier life. I saw a lot of misinformation here though and just thought I'd try and clear some up
  34. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.

Y'all talking about ODing this stuff hardcore I take aderall and do just fine, it was prescribed by doc, **** allows me to focus, feel good and have energy for the right people in the right amounts it is miraculous
  35. Registered User

adderall is best drug ever...keep using it man...it is all about the control.......safe
  36. Registered User

Adderall

I have been taking adderall on and off since I was 12. I'm 30 now. It has been nothing but a godsend for me. Yes, I admit it's very addictive. But I have never, ever felt any dangerous side effects while taking it except for the occasional anxiety. Then again, I'm not stupid enough to take a lot of it either. Adderall makes me feel stronger, motivated and sharper. At first, after a few weeks of beginning to take it, I would feel like I wanted to take more because I wasn't getting the same effect. My dr. would increase the dosage some and for YEARS I wouldn't feel the need to take more than I was prescribed. Adderall has some of the same ingredients as meth but it's WAY cleaner than meth and doesn't have many of the serious side effects meth has unless you down a bunch of them. Also, any adderall I've taken lasts anywhere from 4-8 hours and when it wears off, I just want to sleep. I hear many people that take meth stay up for 3 days in a row and end up in bathtubs trying to decrease their body temperature. It's not fair to compare the two in the way that many of the people above have. Alcohol and marijuana have had drastically worse effects on my mental state than adderall ever has. I have passed out after smoking weed. I have gotten lost smoking weed. I've had several serious panic attacks after smoking weed. Odd, the only side effect I've had from adderall is the occasional anxiety. Any person that feels the need to take a bunch of adderall at once is either really stupid or perhaps severely depressed. I just get upset to see so many people bashing a drug that has helped me in my life so much, especially people who take one or two horror stories and just assume the drug is "evil". The most dangerous thing you do every day is get in your car and drive yet that's acceptable.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. adderall and AAS...
    By n8te in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
  2. HGH and AdderaLL
    By rprimo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 12:16 AM
  3. Adderall and Epi
    By mawalega in forum Anabolics