Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.09%

Quote Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
    sounds like you are on the road to good health. sarcasm of course. why would you not take amphetamines and steroids at the same time? its easy watch (pop 2 pills) , that wasnt hard. your bloodpressure will be through the friggin roof and you might go on a delusional psychopathic rampage but hey, you will look good doing it.

I only ask because I actually have a real case of add and have a 10mg per day script for it . I really do need and get no buzz or whatever from it . I ask because I didn't know if it was liver toxic or not. I stopped taking it for my cycle and life sucks without it , I can't focus on anything for more than 2 seconds.

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

in all honesty man i will never recommend any methyls to anyone. my life is a prime example of why one should not do methyls.

after just a couple cycles my hair is now thinning. my libido has never fully recovered although according to doctors my test levels are normal. and also my cardio is horrible now as i believe i must have done some damage to my cardiovascualr system. mind you my last cylce was 5 years ago and my life has not been the same since.

i used to be prescribed adderal as well. i was misdiagnosed. i am familiar with both of these drugs i speak of. in all honesty i believe the adderal is safer than methyls. however after an extended period of time adderal does some serious damage that takes time to recover from. however if you need it, hey you need it. kind of sucks for you. i know my libido was not very good when i was on adderal and if you get on a steroid at the same time you might be asking for trouble. here is a list of a few risks.

permanant impotence (damage from high blodd pressure)
    temporary impotence (this would be unavoidable taking both these compounds)
    heart attack (both compounds mess with your cardio system)
    stroke
    serious neurotransmitter problems (both these compounds effect your hypothalimus and pituitary big time, your brain will be all ****ed up with the various hormones and nuero transmitters)

and i am sure a whole lote more but i am only speaking from experience. i am sure if you did some research youwould find a ton more problems.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.75%

Strong brotelligence in this thread.

Amphetamine is not methamphetamine

Amphetamine= Alpha Methyl Phenylethylamine

Methamphetamine= N, Alpha Dimethyl Phenylethylamine

For contrast:

Ephedrine= N, Alpha Dimethyl Beta Hydroxy Phenylethylamine

Is ephedrine meth? No, its not. But it is very chemically close.
    (The perscription name for D-Methamphetamine is desoxyn, short for desoxy ephedrine)

Furthermore the levo and dextro isomers of these compounds produce significantly different effects. In both cases The D-isomer is more psychoactive, which is why more ADD drugs are being standardized to just the Dextro, rather than the racemic DL-mixture seen in adderall.

Don't believe me? Go to your nearest Walgreens, look around for the vicks nose inhalers, the active ingredient is L-Methamphetamine, but they use strange nomenclature so that kids dont say "hey its meth" and eat the cotton. If any of you are foolish or bold enough to crack open the inhaler and eat the cotton, you will see that you are definitely not "tweaking".

With regards to muscle loss, it would be foolish to say that something that blunts your appetite, increases caloric expenditure, and increases cortisol might not have negative effects on muscle building, but as you stay on the drug, you become accustomed to the effects, theres no exact number but I play it safe and say 200 calories over whatever maintenance is when taking ADD meds. Which is entirely possible if you're not using the drugs to get "speedin" and completely naive to the effects of amphetamine.

In summary, I would caution against spouting out something you heard as fact, it makes you appear ignorant, amphetamine is not an evil chemical because it shares 11 letters with methamphetamine. Because of its effects on neurotransmitters (as an earlier poster pointed out) it is not a drug to mess around with, its not just a simple energy pill. Do not treat it as such.

P.S: 30mg Vyvanse qd AM has significantly improved my ability to focus, reduced my irritability, and made me a more social and confident person.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%

This is a hard drug we're talking about, not an "over the counter" drug or something you should use for fun.

You might as well have asked about "Coke and bodybuilding" or "meth and bodybuilding" or "MDMA and bodybuilding."

Yes, there are people who need it, and there is such thing as a THERAPEUTIC dose. If you are one of those people, stop trying to be your own doctor and stick with the recommended dose.

If you are not one of those people and you are justifying reasons to take it, you'd better watch yourself.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%

I agree totally. Its because these freakin doctors want to turn this country into a drug addicted nanny state, full of people who can't fend for themselves. And these morons buy right into it.
    This is patently false. There is such thing as ADD, and while it is GROSSLY OVERDIAGNOSED in kids, if they really have ADD then getting them on Adderall/Ritalin as soon as possible is literally therapeutic and they are less likely to need the drugs later in life AND reduces the chances that they will become drug addicted.

There is cutting-edge research that confirms this. It's very easy to snipe at Rx drugs and the drug industry, and while it has its shortcomings, there ARE niches and uses for anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, ADD drugs, etc.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%

PS - sreed, long time love line listener right here.

I really do think that ADD/ADHD is a bull**** disease. I've actually read some stuff stating that the symptoms are actually very similar to what happens to people if they experience Above average intelligence, Under Nutrition, Abuse/Neglect, Stressful Home, Poor Parenting, and a few other learning disorders (quoted from the following page=http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/47006).

To be totally honest I am pretty sure I have, and was experiencing those sort of things when I was a kid and diagnosed with ADD. So amphetamines are basically a very poor band-aid solution to the problem without addressing the root causes
    Unfortunately you're PARTIALLY right...but there IS such thing as ADD. My guess is you've done about 20 minutes of research on this and thought about it at your leisure. I agree with your assessment of overdiagnosis, etc, but there is really such a thing as ADD. Lots of disorders have "mimics"...drug-induced psychosis LOOKS like schizophrenia, which can LOOK like a manic state due to bipolar, which can LOOK like extreme OCD, which can LOOK like PTSD...and on and on and on.
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.6%

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish View Post

P.S: 30mg Vyvanse qd AM has significantly improved my ability to focus, reduced my irritability, and made me a more social and confident person.
    How would you compare Vyvanase to Adderall? I currently take 20 mg XR qd am and 0 - 10 mg qd pm as needed.

Great post BTW.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.75%

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    How would you compare Vyvanase to Adderall? I currently take 20 mg XR qd am and 0 - 10 mg qd pm as needed.

Great post BTW.
    Vyvanse is the smoothest ADD drug by a long shot, for me the 30 is a little low (ends up dying out at about 8 hours instead of 12) but I'm probably gonna have to switch to dexedrine cause vyvanse is so goddamn expensive) Adderall XR had too many peaks and valleys for me but is still a hell of a lot better than the IR stuff.

And thanks.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.94%

The use of adderall has never seemed more appealing to me than right now, as I was forced to withdraw from my old college this semester (mid-semester) due to low grades as a result, of course, of lack of motivation and ability to focus DURING class, let alone on my time. I'm currently doing an 8-week semester and having obvious trouble with the pace already. It sucks when you finally have to realize that all those years of harmless marijuana smoking may have actually done some damage to your attention and cognitive abilities. I've been clean 3 months and still feel these effects. Is that ADD? This thread, luckily, has steered me away from them, or at least dulled the compulsive urges to talk to my general practioner about ADD. Healthier options to treat attention problems? Any suggestions? I got a 30 on my ACT as a junior in high school, but if you asked me if I could do that 3 years later, I'd honestly have to say I don't believe I could. I could be trying to give myself an excuse for an easy way out though, who really knows.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.6%

Quote Originally Posted by indianballer View Post
    The use of adderall has never seemed more appealing to me than right now, as I was forced to withdraw from my old college this semester (mid-semester) due to low grades as a result, of course, of lack of motivation and ability to focus DURING class, let alone on my time. I'm currently doing an 8-week semester and having obvious trouble with the pace already. It sucks when you finally have to realize that all those years of harmless marijuana smoking may have actually done some damage to your attention and cognitive abilities. I've been clean 3 months and still feel these effects. Is that ADD? This thread, luckily, has steered me away from them, or at least dulled the compulsive urges to talk to my general practioner about ADD. Healthier options to treat attention problems? Any suggestions? I got a 30 on my ACT as a junior in high school, but if you asked me if I could do that 3 years later, I'd honestly have to say I don't believe I could. I could be trying to give myself an excuse for an easy way out though, who really knows.
    Definitely give a high grade fish oil (like a super DHA) a try for a while before you consider adding drugs.

Also, assess your diet. High protein meal AM for sure, stay away from sugars, especially AM. Any carbs should be slow burning ones, think oatmeal.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

An appropriate and prescribed dose of Adderall XR should be helpful in bodybuilding to those who are suffering from symptoms of ADHD.

Adderall will help an ADD/ADHD patient arrive at the gym and so it will be eaiser for them to get into a routine. There are psychological benefits to adderall (motivation, focus) but I believe stimulants are cardiologically disadvantegous.

While under the influence of stimulants like coffee or Adderall, less work can be done before your heart becomes overwhelmed. I believe it's more effective to exercise/lift while relaxed, with a low heart rate, and even while drowsy. After a couple of sets, natural adrenaline should kick in and subside drowsiness.

For fat loss, I believe there are substantially better solutions available that are specifically designed by smart people who realize that an effective product will make money so there is that corporate incentive to design a great product working in your favor (Clenbutrx? SlimXtreme?)

Adderall does not have a great application in bodybuilding unless you're an ADHD patient. If an ADD/ADHD patient takes a morning dose of Adderall XR, a great time to go to the gym would be about 12 hours after the morning dose (Just a suggestion/opinion). NO2 may help to lower blood pressure during workouts, so if you're using stimulants, consider stacking NO2.

If you're in excellent cardiovascular shape (low blood pressure, low resting heart-rate), then perhaps you do not notice any diminishment of your intensity? Even so, I hypothesize that when you push the heart too hard it will hold you back until it can regain a more comfortable operating rate.

I see the use of stimulants for metabolic/appetite supressive reasons but other than that I see stimulants to be primarily psychologicially advantageous with disadvantages to your heart rate.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.24%

I have had a few run-ins with the drug myself, my old roomate was prescribed it by his doctor, he absolutely did not need it. We used to take them to study and stay awake all night, or even we were going out drinking would would pop a few and be wired. I had problems getting it up on this as well. People would use it when there was no cocaine around... chop it up and snort it...

The benefits of it are that you have a lot of energy, very high concentration, less appetite if you are trying to cut, and an overall sense of well-being...

The problems: You know they say its coke over the counter??.... but the problem with this is its not natural, its horrible for your body, gives you the shakes and is very highly addictive. Dehydration, and horrible withdrawls...Stay away from this drug, nothing good can come from it... unless you want an addiction to speed.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.94%

I've lifted on this the day after I had to binge study. Can't say if it was due to lack of sleep or the drug itself but I was shot pretty quick. Normally I have excellent cardiac endurance and can lift forever and I am a good distance runner, but on amphetamines i'm so tired after 2 or 3 exercises. Benzos, on the other hand, I can go 20 sets balls to the wall and still have gas in the tank. Lifting is SO much psychological.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.17%

I don't agree I have personally used it to get shredded like a mofo after a bulking cycle. Yes you are correct about its appetite suppressing properties and forcing yourself to get the food you need can be tough but I was able to get down 1.5 g of protein a day and the complex carbs I needed to prevent capitalization along with creative,flax oil and vitamins. I think its easier to eat on adderal than to not eat to much while trying to cut.Personally it gave me crazy energy and strength and allowed me to keep my strength gains while reducing body fat.Long in short 3 weeks on adderal with proper nutrition= sick workouts, decrease body fat minimal muscle loss
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

I need to post on this thread. I have ADD (sucks ass, dont wish upon no one) I used to take Vyvance (like adderal) I also did a cycle of Tren Xtreme and TT-40 while taking Vyvance. My BP was insane, my brain would throb constantly at night. I went to the doctor cause i though something in the left side of my brain was gonna blow or a tumor there or something, looking bad it was bad, BUT I got so huge and ripped to the core it was not even funny, seemed impossible the gains I was making and how ripped I was. Iv been using real steroids since 2001 and also run some PH now with real gear sometimes. I had to force myself to eat so i mainly pounded down lots of protien shakes and 2 small meals a day (not good) but for some reason it was the cycle of a lifetime, prob cause I was SO ripped. I take Strettera now for my ADD and its better for me. when mixed with gear it still elevates your BP more but not AS bad. also a better normal appetite BUT I think strettera is harder on the liver than Vyvance. I had liver values checked after that cycle and all was normal?! and my blood work all looked good. I dont think ill ever get that ripped again but im trying right now. well just wanted to share my experience on this one.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  340 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.75%

first of all to all of you talking about addiction, addiction is only in the head. i had been prescribed to adderal for 4 years (30mgXR) for school and for weight loss purposes as well. i went from 360 to 200lbs in less than a yr. after the 4th year i dropped it cold turkey and cigarettes as well after smoking for 5 years (2 packs everyday). its very good for a weight loss product but the only way that i will recomend this for weight loss or to anybody as a matter of fact is if you have a very good sence of self control. if you have addicting behavior or cant control any craving than dont touch it. take my word for it.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.5%

Try gingko. give it 2 weeks to start working.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.75%

Interesting! someone was telling me about adderall yesterday telling me how great it was! I'm glad I read this thread I feel alot more informed!
    thanks
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91%

I currently take 70 mg of Vyvanse daily, I have horrible ADHD and its the only way for me to do well in my college classes. I use to have to force myself to eat to gain weight, but now I have gotten use to eating while taking this drug. I personally don't think it boosts your energy while you're at the gym. I don't take it on the weekends and I can tell huge differences. I don't sweat nearly as much at the gym as when i'm on it, I can def. eat a lot more, almost all day if I wanted to. It does help me stay lean though, I don't ever do cardio and i'm right at 10%bf at 185lbs. Sex drive also suffers when on it. To all of you that don't need it; don't take it, consider yourselves lucky. If i didn't have to take it, i'd probably be able to reach my goal of 205 in 4-5 months, but my estimate since i'm on Vyvanse would have to be atleast 7-8 months.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.17%

"Someone who isn't me [SWIM]" says that although withdrawals can be painful [severe depression, irritability, and headaches] when going from frequent high dose use [30 mg or more] to zero mg, it doesn't need to be. SWIM says that tapering down from 80mg to 10 mg over the course of 3 days THEN dropping to zero mg, caused only the following withdrawal symptoms lasting 3 days: fatigue, mild irritability, loss of motivation. SWIM just finished cycling off adderall 1 week ago so that he can start his for PH cycle.

note:: SWIM states that withdrawal symptoms are severe for Adderall XR and that the above text applies only to Adderall IR.

note:: SWIM also decided to stop the adderall atleast temporarily because he was no longer able to sleep, had been awake for 3 days, and was "feeling fine."

note:: SWIM once upped his adderall usage to 80mg+ per day and incidentally had blood tests noting elevated liver enzymes [4 times the normal range]. Repeat blood tests 1 week after decreasing the dosage showed normalization of liver enzymes

note:: SWIM does not recommend the use of Amphetamines and suggests you see your PMD for referral to a psychiatrist if you feel you require evaluation for ADHD

note:: SWIM was diagnosed as a child and does not obtain ADHD meds illegally.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.83%

Risky **** guys, but damn it is such a great feeling when your on em especially if ur working out but when i come off of addys i feel so ****ty that's where the addiction comes in you feel u need em to do things, careful with em
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.77%

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyNYC View Post
    Adderall might be one of the best appetite supressants around as well as overall energy booster with long lasting energy.

From personal expierience alone, my lifts on adderall after a study session have been some of my best, with less time in between sets with no loss in strenghth as well as the ability to do cardio not mentioning it flys by.

THE QUESTION.

If on a cut and diet is intact, would 60mg of adderall daily deteriote muscle......ive noticed on adderall my muscles feel much tighter as well as th dehydration elicits a very tight cut overall look. I might contribute this to possible Vasodialation in muscle fiber blood vessels and the diaretic effect but i could be hella wrong.
    I've been dealing with this question for 5 years lol. At first, yes, I thought that Adderall was deteriorating my physique. However, I think that the most that it will do is cause you to up your caloric intake, especially protein in terms of macro-nutrients, 250-550 calories per day; depending on your body type of course. Personally, I found that staying properly hydrated and supplementing with things that are known for recovery and elevating natural testosterone levels are key. Also, giving yourself a day break and allowing cheat days are a must. Basically, I found that Adderall use can sometimes cause your body to mimic symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. Heavy Adderall use can induce adrenal fatigue syndrome; which is why I constantly take products to battle adrenal fatigue. When on cycle, my gains are leaner, but I always run the risk of over training. I feel like that Adderall can quicken the symptoms of an over trained physique. For example, when you over train your body, you start to pump out cortisol like crazy because you are putting it under so much stress. Adderall it self puts your body under stress because it is artificially hyping up many of your body's functions that would not be otherwise stimulated. I consider myself an expert in this field and have done countless and countless hours of research on this topic because I get paid to take my shirt off; which sounds cool but I have been embarrassed when my physique drastically slacked due to over training, cortisol, and Adderall induced depression.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%

Wow! Im amazed at how many people are conditioned to respond negatively about drugs like adderall. I bet it feels good to tell someone how downright awful something is with mostly hearsay evidence and superficial knowledge?
    Guess the Regan administration was a success huh? Im surprised nobody responded with "JUST SAY NO!!!" yet.
    FYI amphetamine is the number 1 fat burner EVER. thats right...EVER!
    Half of the **** that you see on the shelves at Supplement shoppes and gas stations is worse in my opinion. Taken as directed it is safe and will melt fat off as if you were in a perpetual steam room. So yes go ahead and try it for a controlled time period at perscribed doses (20-60mg ED) for fat loss. If you are using it safely and intelligently then you can forget all the hearsay and warnings your getting. I promise that you wont be strung out on a street corner giving 2$ hand jobs after trying it.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstud View Post
    Wow! Im amazed at how many people are conditioned to respond negatively about drugs like adderall. I bet it feels good to tell someone how downright awful something is with mostly hearsay evidence and superficial knowledge?
    Guess the Regan administration was a success huh? Im surprised nobody responded with "JUST SAY NO!!!" yet.
    FYI amphetamine is the number 1 fat burner EVER. thats right...EVER!
    Half of the **** that you see on the shelves at Supplement shoppes and gas stations is worse in my opinion. Taken as directed it is safe and will melt fat off as if you were in a perpetual steam room. So yes go ahead and try it for a controlled time period at perscribed doses (20-60mg ED) for fat loss. If you are using it safely and intelligently then you can forget all the hearsay and warnings your getting. I promise that you wont be strung out on a street corner giving 2$ hand jobs after trying it.
    lol!!
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish View Post
    Strong brotelligence in this thread.

Amphetamine is not methamphetamine

Amphetamine= Alpha Methyl Phenylethylamine

Methamphetamine= N, Alpha Dimethyl Phenylethylamine

For contrast:

Ephedrine= N, Alpha Dimethyl Beta Hydroxy Phenylethylamine

Is ephedrine meth? No, its not. But it is very chemically close.
    (The perscription name for D-Methamphetamine is desoxyn, short for desoxy ephedrine)

Furthermore the levo and dextro isomers of these compounds produce significantly different effects. In both cases The D-isomer is more psychoactive, which is why more ADD drugs are being standardized to just the Dextro, rather than the racemic DL-mixture seen in adderall.

Don't believe me? Go to your nearest Walgreens, look around for the vicks nose inhalers, the active ingredient is L-Methamphetamine, but they use strange nomenclature so that kids dont say "hey its meth" and eat the cotton. If any of you are foolish or bold enough to crack open the inhaler and eat the cotton, you will see that you are definitely not "tweaking".

With regards to muscle loss, it would be foolish to say that something that blunts your appetite, increases caloric expenditure, and increases cortisol might not have negative effects on muscle building, but as you stay on the drug, you become accustomed to the effects, theres no exact number but I play it safe and say 200 calories over whatever maintenance is when taking ADD meds. Which is entirely possible if you're not using the drugs to get "speedin" and completely naive to the effects of amphetamine.

In summary, I would caution against spouting out something you heard as fact, it makes you appear ignorant, amphetamine is not an evil chemical because it shares 11 letters with methamphetamine. Because of its effects on neurotransmitters (as an earlier poster pointed out) it is not a drug to mess around with, its not just a simple energy pill. Do not treat it as such.

What kind of comedown have you noticed from the Vyvanse?
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  43 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.5%

Hey, isn't Adderall can be very addictive? You have to be very careful about using this. I know for a fact this can have a lot of side effects and can be risky. Be careful
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.77%

Correct. Any stimulant possesses addictive properties.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%

I've been taking Dextro/Aderall for the last 4 months for ADD that I've had my whole live but didn't decide to see anyone about it until this summer. For me, it has been an absolute live saver. My mind used to race and I literally couldn't focus on something for more than 5-10 minutes.But with Dextro, my whole world has slowed way way down and everything is so clear to me now; it's like there was a cloud over the way I used to think and process information but now it's gone.

Like someone else said, I would have to read things over and over again because my mind would start to wonder after 3 or 4 sentences. This made it basically impossible for me to study and retain any of the info. If I had 1hr worth of material to study, it would usually take me close to 3hrs because I would have to keep rereading everything and redoing my note cards. After a semester of this in college I just said F it and essentially stopped studying for my exams because it took so damn long and it was so frustrating not being able to focus when I needed to even though I was putting forth as much effort as I could. So my inability to study efficiently or to pay attention for only about 30% of class led to a drastic decrease in my GPA as well as me failing lots of classes and having to retake them. Because of this, I was set back in college by about 1.5 years. Instead of needing 4 years, I'll be done in 5.5... It's not that any of the stuff that I was learning was overly difficult because it wasn't, I didn't have the ability to apply myself like I wanted to. Since starting Dextro this summer, I did amazing in my summer classes and school has become incredibly easy even though I'm taking the hardest classes I've ever had.

The only sides that I've noticed are a LARGE decrease in appetite (I've lost 20lbs in 4 months) and a shortness of breath if I try to run for more than 10 minutes. These are the only problems that I have. The loss of appetite is starting to decrease now and I'm finally able to start eating more but it's still not anywhere near to where it was before.

For the first couple of weeks I felt like I was on Speed, I would only sleep 5 hours/night (I used to sleep 8+), had to keep busy doing anything (cleaning, laundry, etc.) and I could feel my heart pounding all day long. After the first month, these went away and I was left with the two mentioned above.

My sides could be low because I'm only taking 20mg/day. I couldn't imagine taking 40-60mg like some have posted, that sounds like overkill to me.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.77%

Quote Originally Posted by pfafkl13 View Post
    I've been taking Dextro/Aderall for the last 4 months for ADD that I've had my whole live but didn't decide to see anyone about it until this summer. For me, it has been an absolute live saver. My mind used to race and I literally couldn't focus on something for more than 5-10 minutes.But with Dextro, my whole world has slowed way way down and everything is so clear to me now; it's like there was a cloud over the way I used to think and process information but now it's gone.

Like someone else said, I would have to read things over and over again because my mind would start to wonder after 3 or 4 sentences. This made it basically impossible for me to study and retain any of the info. If I had 1hr worth of material to study, it would usually take me close to 3hrs because I would have to keep rereading everything and redoing my note cards. After a semester of this in college I just said F it and essentially stopped studying for my exams because it took so damn long and it was so frustrating not being able to focus when I needed to even though I was putting forth as much effort as I could. So my inability to study efficiently or to pay attention for only about 30% of class led to a drastic decrease in my GPA as well as me failing lots of classes and having to retake them. Because of this, I was set back in college by about 1.5 years. Instead of needing 4 years, I'll be done in 5.5... It's not that any of the stuff that I was learning was overly difficult because it wasn't, I didn't have the ability to apply myself like I wanted to. Since starting Dextro this summer, I did amazing in my summer classes and school has become incredibly easy even though I'm taking the hardest classes I've ever had.

The only sides that I've noticed are a LARGE decrease in appetite (I've lost 20lbs in 4 months) and a shortness of breath if I try to run for more than 10 minutes. These are the only problems that I have. The loss of appetite is starting to decrease now and I'm finally able to start eating more but it's still not anywhere near to where it was before.

For the first couple of weeks I felt like I was on Speed, I would only sleep 5 hours/night (I used to sleep 8+), had to keep busy doing anything (cleaning, laundry, etc.) and I could feel my heart pounding all day long. After the first month, these went away and I was left with the two mentioned above.

My sides could be low because I'm only taking 20mg/day. I couldn't imagine taking 40-60mg like some have posted, that sounds like overkill to me.
    Have you noticed an increase in tolerance? For those of us who have real add or adhd, Adderall definitely helps with concentration and cognitive ability. I just wish these drugs weren't coupled with an almost guaranteed tolerance build up etc.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%

Definitely an increase in tolerance which is why I think it felt like I was taking speed and had to keep busy for the first month but then those sides started to fade. During this time I had incredible energy which made for unbelievable workouts; my strength and endurance increased to the level of when I was taking a PH (The ONE) with the exception that I would have to take 2min+ breaks to allow my heart to settle down so it didn't blow up.

Another side I have is that if I get to quickly I sometimes get really dizzy and have to stand still for a second until my head stops spinning.

There is definitely a large possibility for abuse with this since many people want to chase the stimulant feeling. I had to catch myself and realize that even though I wasn't all stimmed up, my head was still clear which is what I really need. Since it is still working for what I need it for, I don't need to ask for an increase in dosage.

***If you are someone who chases a feeling or gets easily addicted (alcohol, drugs, partying, etc) then this is not for you. Every month you would tell the Dr it's not working like it used to and you need an increase in dose.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.3%

Adderall makes my muscles feel extremely tight, my upper back in particular. Are there any effective ADD medicines that will help with focus/motivation that don't have the same physical side effects as adderall? How is vyvance in terms of sides?
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

okay, i know im a newbie and i have never posted anything on this site before i just normally get on here and read posts that yall guys put on here cause im still in the learning stages of lifting only been doing it for a year and still have alot to learn and i read the logs yall put up and gain alot knowledge from them so thanks to everbody. i'm prescribed adderall and yes i take it for school cause i really do have a hard concentrating without it. before adderall i had a 3.1 gpa and the first semister i was first prescribed adderall i finished it with a 4.0 gpa(a perfect 100). when i first got on it i weighed 210 and in 3 months i dropped down to 163 i had no appetite what so ever, almost no sex drive, always alert, always keeping myself busy doing something(studying, cleaning, lifting, reloading etc...) I never got any kind of "high" off of it just always fully alert. I'm not addicted to it cause the beginning of summer break i ran out and never went back for a refill till school started back in the fall so i can't say that you will get deffinately get addicted to it but i can see how it is very possible. I take 70mg of vyvanse(it's a different name for adderall but is exactly the same has the exact same effects) and i don't abuse it what so ever cause i dont see the need to one pill a day and i'm focused and ready for anything. I can make myself eat on it and etc.. So in my opinion i don't think adderall is as bad as some of the people on here are saying it is in my experince. When i dropped down to 163 i started lifting and i'm up to 175 with not much body fat and still taking adderall for school and i have found out that it gives me a better drive and motivation in the gym to push myself for one more set or one more rep.
  33. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.96%

Quote Originally Posted by nephilim666 View Post
    adderall causes so much more harm than good. its an excuse for kids with a fake disease " ADD " to get drugs that will **** them up really bad.
    I agree that adderall is a harmful drug, but there is nothing fake about ADD and if you really have it, you don't grow out of it as an adult. You have it forever.

To answer the original question though, ADD drugs have been implicated as a cause of limiting growth in children who have been prescribed them, so I can't see a positive correlation to muscular growth.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.77%

Quote Originally Posted by wontstop985 View Post
    Adderall makes my muscles feel extremely tight, my upper back in particular. Are there any effective ADD medicines that will help with focus/motivation that don't have the same physical side effects as adderall? How is vyvance in terms of sides?
    Vyvanse is less severe in terms of sides. I should know, I have taken both Vyvanse and Adderall. As far as alternative ADD medications, that all depends on your brain mapping. Some people with ADD respond better to stimulant based medications because the part of their brain that is responsible for concentration and cognitive ability is "asleep". However, others respond well to non-stimulant medications such as Concerta etc. With this issue, trial and error is the only sure fire way to figure out what works for you. Personally, Vyvanse works for me. However, the sides that come along with stimulant based medications are ridiculous; sides such as a quick tolerance build up, depressing come-down, sweating, etc. I have taken a ton of medications and supplements to help battle these sides and the only thing that has worked for me is the Ampheta-Restore stuff that I am doing a log about as we speak. Definitely start off slow if you are going to start taking a stimulant based medication. Your tolerance will build quickly, so contact your doctor accordingly. Any worth while doctor should know that stimulant and amphetamine based medications come hand in hand with these specific sides. I hope this helps.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%

i have just been diagnosed with adhd and have been given ritilin (focalin)... i only take it 2x a week days i attend classes to concentrate. however as you know my food intake is suppressed from 9-6 i do not eat the bit of food or have any intrests in doing so. weighing around 172 @ 7% body fat will i end up losing weight dramatically or any whatsoever, or is it healthy to counter this by forceing one to eat between those hours?
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.77%

Quote Originally Posted by k2c89campo View Post
    i have just been diagnosed with adhd and have been given ritilin (focalin)... i only take it 2x a week days i attend classes to concentrate. however as you know my food intake is suppressed from 9-6 i do not eat the bit of food or have any intrests in doing so. weighing around 172 @ 7% body fat will i end up losing weight dramatically or any whatsoever, or is it healthy to counter this by forceing one to eat between those hours?
    Yeah, I would definitely make sure you getting enough to eat in order to preserve muscle mass.
  37. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.96%

Quote Originally Posted by k2c89campo View Post
    or is it healthy to counter this by forceing one to eat between those hours?
    I would say it is absolutely essential. I no longer take ritalin, but I have to force myself to eat every meal. I haven't been "hungry" for a meal for 30 years. I eat because it's time.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.31%

Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    OMFG this stuff is freaking ADDICTIVE especially as you begin to rely on it!!
    Too much of anything is dangerous!
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.31%

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.
    Yeah it's fatal if taken in large amount.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.31%

Quote Originally Posted by merph View Post
    Adderall is actually an aphetamine sulfate. If used correctly it will help calm you down and foucs. If crushed or chewed its also considered "poor mans coke." For some its like taking a line of coke and a viagera at the same time. Coming off of it can either be easy or for some exteremly violent.

Personal experience speaking here. Dont F*** with it.
    I agree or else this thing will f*** you

Similar Forum Threads

1. adderall and AAS...
    By n8te in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 02:53 PM
  2. HGH and AdderaLL
    By rprimo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 02:16 AM
  3. Adderall and Epi
    By mawalega in forum Anabolics