Adderall and bodybuilding

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    seriously man! when i was using meth(chemical cousin of adderal ive heard) i would go for over an hour straight and alot of times she had to stop before i could finish! and when not on meth i finish way too fast so sometimes its really tempting to go back to my old ways! but i guess everyone is different
    Dude, I would highly recommend that you do not do that. Justifying using meth as a useful tool is not an option. they have drugs for Premature ejaculation now. ask your doctor. not the one on the street though


  2. ...adderal sux....
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    seriously man! when i was using meth(chemical cousin of adderal ive heard) i would go for over an hour straight and alot of times she had to stop before i could finish! and when not on meth i finish way too fast so sometimes its really tempting to go back to my old ways! but i guess everyone is different

    Girls dont want you to go for an hour..... rarely ever. 15 minutes is like the best time on average for girls i'm pretty sure. Dr. Drew told me anybody listen to loveline? haha amazing. Rub on your skin for an hour and let us know how that feels.

  4. Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

    And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by heavies View Post
    Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

    And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.

    Nobody knows who you're talking about when you say the guy earlier... there was plenty of guys earlier. And yes many doctors prescribe too high. I was starting out pretty damn high and it ****ed me up.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by heavies View Post
    Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

    And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.
    I agree with you. Taken in correctly prescribed doses where need exists, it is a reasonably safe drug.

    After trying other avenues (including milder drugs and behavioral therapy), doctors should properly begin with a small dose of XR and titrate from there.

    Regular drug holidays can alleviate many, if not most, of the idiosyncrasies associated with its use.

    A lot of the "horror" stories here (though real), are likely due to poor pharmacological management, and is similar to what the general public believes about "steroids".

  7. Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I agree with you. Taken in correctly prescribed doses where need exists, it is a reasonably safe drug.

    After trying other avenues (including milder drugs and behavioral therapy), doctors should properly begin with a small dose of XR and titrate from there.

    Regular drug holidays can alleviate many, if not most, of the idiosyncrasies associated with its use.

    A lot of the "horror" stories here (though real), are likely due to poor pharmacological management, and is similar to what the general public believes about "steroids".
    I couldn't agree more. People need to educate themselves, and then proceed with caution, not based in fear, but knowledge.

  8. Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

    And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.
    OMG bro, you like, don't know what the **** you're talking about!

    The misuse of any psychostimulant has the potential to induce permanent psychosis, depression, Tourette-like symptoms, and schizophrenia due to manner in which XR, dextroamphetamine and others interact with dopamine/serotonin receptors and receptor sub-types. The fact is, anybody recreationally using Adderall/Dexadrine/Ridalin is adversely affecting their brain's ability for norepinephrine, dopaminergic, and serotonergic synthesis and transmission; these classifications of amphetamine derivatives and salts block dopaminergic reuptake for the most part, an incredibly adverse condition to be in if not needed.

    Without a need for Adderall/Ritalin/Dexadrine, you are overdosing. Period. In fact, the misuse of any of these RX medications may cause degradations of neurons in the PFC - not necessarily something you want to induce.

    The inhibited reuptake of serotonin, and imbalance in dopaminergic synthesis, and transport induced by XR/R/DX misuse can easily produce disassociative and hallucinogenic states, as well as 'tics' as they are known by TS sufferers.

  9. Holy Sh1t....Your like a walking encyclopedia lol...My new nickname for you is "BRITANNICA"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    OMG bro, you like, don't know what the **** you're talking about!

    The misuse of any psychostimulant has the potential to induce permanent psychosis, depression, Tourette-like symptoms, and schizophrenia due to manner in which XR, dextroamphetamine and others interact with dopamine/serotonin receptors and receptor sub-types. The fact is, anybody recreationally using Adderall/Dexadrine/Ridalin is adversely affecting their brain's ability for norepinephrine, dopaminergic, and serotonergic synthesis and transmission; these classifications of amphetamine derivatives and salts block dopaminergic reuptake for the most part, an incredibly adverse condition to be in if not needed.

    Without a need for Adderall/Ritalin/Dexadrine, you are overdosing. Period. In fact, the misuse of any of these RX medications may cause degradations of neurons in the PFC - not necessarily something you want to induce.

    The inhibited reuptake of serotonin, and imbalance in dopaminergic synthesis, and transport induced by XR/R/DX misuse can easily produce disassociative and hallucinogenic states, as well as 'tics' as they are known by TS sufferers.
    Armed to the teeth.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    OMG bro, you like, don't know what the **** you're talking about!

    I predicated everything with, you must start at the most conservative dose, and evaluate its efficacy, and that implied that there must be a legitimate need for the meds. I was tired of misrepresentation of the facts, reread what I wrote.

    Do not insinuate that I am speaking out of my ass.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    OMG bro, you like, don't know what the **** you're talking about!

    The misuse of any psychostimulant has the potential to induce permanent psychosis, depression, Tourette-like symptoms, and schizophrenia due to manner in which XR, dextroamphetamine and others interact with dopamine/serotonin receptors and receptor sub-types. The fact is, anybody recreationally using Adderall/Dexadrine/Ridalin is adversely affecting their brain's ability for norepinephrine, dopaminergic, and serotonergic synthesis and transmission; these classifications of amphetamine derivatives and salts block dopaminergic reuptake for the most part, an incredibly adverse condition to be in if not needed.

    Without a need for Adderall/Ritalin/Dexadrine, you are overdosing. Period. In fact, the misuse of any of these RX medications may cause degradations of neurons in the PFC - not necessarily something you want to induce.

    The inhibited reuptake of serotonin, and imbalance in dopaminergic synthesis, and transport induced by XR/R/DX misuse can easily produce disassociative and hallucinogenic states, as well as 'tics' as they are known by TS sufferers.
    I could be wrong, but my reading of posts puts us all in agreement that recreational misuse is a dangerous and irresponsible thing.

    Where clinical need exists (for ADHD - which is real, albeit completely overdiagnosed, or narcolepsy) the responsible use of adderall can be indicated.

    Many don't think ADHD exists because they've never really met someone with ADHD - just someone misdiagnosed with it.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I could be wrong, but my reading of posts puts us all in agreement that recreational misuse is a dangerous and irresponsible thing.

    Where clinical need exists (for ADHD - which is real, albeit completely overdiagnosed or narcolepsy [though I prefer provigil]) the responsible use of adderall can be indicated.

    Many don't think ADHD exists because they've never really met someone with ADHD - just someone misdiagnosed with it.
    Agreed, thats why I told mullet to reread the post.. Thanks for your clear thinking...

  13. Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I could be wrong, but my reading of posts puts us all in agreement that recreational misuse is a dangerous and irresponsible thing.

    Where clinical need exists (for ADHD - which is real, albeit completely overdiagnosed, or narcolepsy) the responsible use of adderall can be indicated.

    Many don't think ADHD exists because they've never really met someone with ADHD - just someone misdiagnosed with it.
    He was insinuating that no negative side-effects are associated with recreational dosing; unless prescribed due to a need, the dose is recreational.

    Neuropeptides, and neurotransmitters are not tinker toys - even small dosages of amphetamine derivatives present a tangible (though somewhat unlikely) possibility for adverse side-effects.

    He was brushing aside the possibility for negative connotations, and such is not the case.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    He was insinuating that no negative side-effects are associated with recreational dosing; unless prescribed due to a need, the dose is recreational.

    Neuropeptides, and neurotransmitters are not tinker toys - even small dosages of amphetamine derivatives present a tangible (though somewhat unlikely) possibility for adverse side-effects.

    He was brushing aside the possibility for negative connotations, and such is not the case.
    Incorrect... I specifically said that if you have libido etc. issues, your tweaking, i.e. you are high on the substance, i.e. you are taking too much, it is no longer therapeutic. I brushed aside nothing... Just admit you misinterpreted the posting....

  15. Like I said..

    If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc.
    Need is defined by the presence of increased dopaminergic transmission in the PFC; this is the point of such drugs: to inhibit reuptake to produce concentration and motivation.

    Recreational use can produce side-effects no matter what - neurohormones aren't tinker toys.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Like I said..



    Need is defined by the presence of increased dopaminergic transmission in the PFC; this is the point of such drugs: to inhibit reuptake to produce concentration and motivation.

    Recreational use can produce side-effects no matter what - neurohormones aren't tinker toys.
    No not like you said...

    If used responsibly infers that responsible use only occurs when taken at the lowest therapeutic dosages for a legitimate need as diagnosed under DSM IV criteria. I also advocated use only when needed for the symptoms of ADD or ADHD. Your point is moot and I am done here... Have at it...

  17. heavies you're an idiot.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by sreed11 View Post
    heavies you're an idiot.
    You've seen the light my son.

  19. Ok a little bit about what it actually does do. I myself am ADD and have a prescription for it. First of all yes it will help you lose weight. Of course everyone knows about the lack of appetite and it also is basically a kick ass thermogenic. But like everyone says it's just not worth it. For me not because of the addictive properties. I've never had a problem with that and only use it for big tests like it is supposed to. The real problem with it is it's hormonal effects. First of all it Seriously blunts GH release. So even though it is burning fat, it's not burning it in the right way, and you will sacrifice muscle. Also through some path that i don't quite understand it blocks or inhibits testosterone. Try taking it for a while and you'll see that you basically need pct when coming off. Forget about getting a hard-on with this stuff. And then just to throw it in people do get addicted. It's just not worth it.

  20. It never has been addicting to me at all, I got tons of it at home and hate taking it. I took it for 3 years and was really skinny never ate. O well. I hate the stuff and refuse to take it. (im ADD lol)

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    He was insinuating that no negative side-effects are associated with recreational dosing; unless prescribed due to a need, the dose is recreational.
    I believe you are the one misinterpreting his post. Lets go back to it.

    Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....
    From what I read, he is stating that once prescribed (meaning a doctor thinks that your symptoms are consistent with the symptoms of add/adhd sufferers) the medication, you should take the LOWEST dosage needed.

    He also states if you take a higher dosage (again, this is with a DIAGNOSIS of the disease, NOT recreational), odds are it will induce negative side effects. Believe it or not, regardless of whether or not it is recreational (abusing), or via a legitimate diagnosis, a higher dose WILL induce side effects regardless of which camp you are in.

    Way to be mature mullet and sreed11, you had my respect up until now (I still believe you are highly intelligent mullet, I just think you misread his post, and are sticking to your first interpretation of it).

  22. If you snort about 30-40mg you'll be able to drink a liter of vodka in one night; not that anyone should ever do that under any circumstances.
    Last edited by Rugger; 08-11-2008 at 08:54 PM.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by ecu19 View Post
    I believe you are the one misinterpreting his post. Lets go back to it.



    From what I read, he is stating that once prescribed (meaning a doctor thinks that your symptoms are consistent with the symptoms of add/adhd sufferers) the medication, you should take the LOWEST dosage needed.

    He also states if you take a higher dosage (again, this is with a DIAGNOSIS of the disease, NOT recreational), odds are it will induce negative side effects. Believe it or not, regardless of whether or not it is recreational (abusing), or via a legitimate diagnosis, a higher dose WILL induce side effects regardless of which camp you are in.

    Way to be mature mullet and sreed11, you had my respect up until now (I still believe you are highly intelligent mullet, I just think you misread his post, and are sticking to your first interpretation of it).
    I re-read this thread and I still don't get how you came to your conclusions.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    I re-read this thread and I still don't get how you came to your conclusions.
    he said that docs prescibe dosages. Being prescribed and taking it at the prescribed dosage indicates responsible use, not abuse or recreational use. He is stating that docs today are simply starting at higher dosages, instead of starting low and upping the dosage to access tolerance to side effects. The usual way to do it is to start low, and slowly work the dosage up to a good dosage. And since docs prescribe it at a higher dosage, side effects are sure to follow (this is a powerful amphetamine we are talking about here).

    Much like the way the clen users on this board start at 20mcg and up the dosage to a perfect level just below the sides, not just "starting out" at 200mcg.

    Is that more clear?

  25. Just my .02. I have ADHD and am prescribed 60 mgs a day. When I first began using Adderall i abused my prescription and lost almost all of my muscle due to appetite suppression combined with the increased metabolic rate. When used correctly and at the correct dose and in the correct manner then Adderall can be helpful. However, I do not believe the drug should be used as a bodybuilding supplement in any way. If it has beneficial side effects for an individual when taken in treatment of ADD or ADHD then that is wonderful, but it should not be used for those side effects alone.

    If you use this chemical please be careful. It does have heinous sides, but can be very helpful for individuals with attention difficulties.

    If anyone has questions about Adderall use feel free to PM me.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. adderall and meth 1-test?
    By Rictor33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 06:22 PM
  2. any studies on adderall and hgh output ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 11:16 PM
  3. tattoos and bodybuilding
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 10:32 PM
  4. cardio and bodybuilding...
    By sushibug in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 04:17 PM
  5. School and bodybuilding...
    By ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Log in
Log in