Adderall and bodybuilding

CoreyNYC

Awards
Adderall might be one of the best appetite supressants around as well as overall energy booster with long lasting energy.

From personal expierience alone, my lifts on adderall after a study session have been some of my best, with less time in between sets with no loss in strenghth as well as the ability to do cardio not mentioning it flys by.

THE QUESTION.

If on a cut and diet is intact, would 60mg of adderall daily deteriote muscle......ive noticed on adderall my muscles feel much tighter as well as th dehydration elicits a very tight cut overall look. I might contribute this to possible Vasodialation in muscle fiber blood vessels and the diaretic effect but i could be hella wrong.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Just a side note, adderall, at least in people who need it, end up with libido issues, according to my doctor. I inquired about a possible Rx for ADD and that's what she recommended. Sadly she also said people who actually need it don't get the tweeker effect either.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Adderall is a very risky drug. It can be VERY addictive and cause many problems for people.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Adderall is a very risky drug. It can be VERY addictive and cause many problems for people.
OMFG this stuff is freaking ADDICTIVE especially as you begin to rely on it!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OMFG this stuff is freaking ADDICTIVE especially as you begin to rely on it!!

Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Yep you got it....I def know from experience think 60mgs and going cold turkey....:welcome:to the world of PAIN...

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
adderall causes so much more harm than good. its an excuse for kids with a fake disease " ADD " to get drugs that will **** them up really bad. addy destroyed my old best friend without him realising it. he became quite literaly insane. and began to actualy abuse them as his tolerance grew, it lead to him overdosing on percocets because the withdrawels were so bad he couldnt take it.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
adderall causes so much more harm than good. its an excuse for kids with a fake disease " ADD " to get drugs that will **** them up really bad. addy destroyed my old best friend without him realising it. he became quite literaly insane. and began to actualy abuse them as his tolerance grew, it lead to him overdosing on percocets because the withdrawels were so bad he couldnt take it.
lol withdrawls from adderall are downright grotesque!!

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
this 1 time.. it was after he was on it for a few months.. we were at a friend house and were just relaxing smoking a few L's and this kid just started to go insane. he began yelling at everyone and threatend to kill his younger brother. he ate 11 percocets and snorted 6 more and ended up scratching himself so bad he had claw marks on his legs / torso that were bleeding perfusely we had to take him to the ****in hospital for an OD

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
this 1 time.. it was after he was on it for a few months.. we were at a friend house and were just relaxing smoking a few L's and this kid just started to go insane. he began yelling at everyone and threatend to kill his younger brother. he ate 11 percocets and snorted 6 more and ended up scratching himself so bad he had claw marks on his legs / torso that were bleeding perfusely we had to take him to the ****in hospital for an OD
wow....

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
yea just goes to show that just beause a pill is perscription doesnt mean its safe. i dont think thers a drug that i hate more than adderall, maybe alc but alc atleast is social adderall makes people weird and disconects them from the rest of the world.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I have a script for adderall, but only use it when i need to study for tests. I hate the come down and can definitely see how it is a very dangerous drug. Crushes libido as well.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
It will give you a workout like no other though.

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
Just worked with a girl this weekend that had a hell of time getting off that ****.. Prescription meth is all it is..

Soooo, ask yourself this question.. Do you think its ok to do a line of cocaine or meth before you workout?? I hope you said no.. Its counterproductive to what we are trying to accomplish in bodybuilding..

Crack, Crank, coke, etc none of those need to be in any of our gym bags.. I personally have watched what meth and crank and coke can do to people..

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards
Ugh, yes it is. I started using it for tests and things at school and at first it really helped. Then i found myself addicted to it pretty bad, the rush kept me awake all night so then the next day id have to use it constantly to stay awake at work and school, and the cycle would repeat.

and yes, withdrawal from this stuff is a mother. Don't dont use it jsut to try to lose weight, please, go run and buy some fat burners or something but trust me, dont mess with this stuff.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Ugh, yes it is. I started using it for tests and things at school and at first it really helped. Then i found myself addicted to it pretty bad, the rush kept me awake all night so then the next day id have to use it constantly to stay awake at work and school, and the cycle would repeat.

and yes, withdrawal from this stuff is a mother. Don't dont use it jsut to try to lose weight, please, go run and buy some fat burners or something but trust me, dont mess with this stuff.

using adderall for the fat burning effects are extremely stupid. Adderall does has weight loss properties because it stimulates your metabolism. It is NOT, I repeat, NOT good for body building. You ask why? When cutting, we bodybuilding junkies need food. 6 meals per day at a small portion with high protiens and medium fats and so forth. Adderall will crush your desire to eat. The weight loss properties on adderall are not so much that they make you lose weight, it just makes you not want to eat so to speak. If your relying on adderall for weight loss you are one dumb mother f*ker i must say. Your tolerance builds up so quickly if you try to use that **** for weight loss. Youll end up getting addicted and finding yourself ODing on it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was prescribed it for a little bit a while back by a shrink. I felt more relaxed on it. I didn't feel this so called "rush" you guys are talking about. Went off it because I just don't believe in prescription drugs are the answer for certain problems. I believe you can fix any problem without prescription drugs by getting to the root of the problem. Maybe they can help for a limited time but not forever.

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards
you probably didn't get a rush because you were using at as prescribed by your shrink, small doses jsut make oyu more focused. I'm tlaking about excessive doses

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
you probably didn't get a rush because you were using at as prescribed by your shrink, small doses jsut make oyu more focused. I'm tlaking about excessive doses
exactly what I was thinking...

amalgum

amalgum

Awards
i have a script of non controlled release adderall, 10mg tablets, 20mgs a day. i take 5-10mgs a day, and rarely 10.

5mgs in the morning or before a workout will not give you withdrawl or negative side effects, except for perhaps an increase in blood pressure. i cant even imagine what it would be like to take more than 10mgs of this stuff at a time, you would have to be out of your mind and purposely looking for some type of "high".

i agree that these kids are getting hyped on these add drugs for almost no reason at all. add? no such thing. some people can, and some simply cant. i dont see how giving a kid with add or adhd is going to solve an attention problem. its a matter of motivation, and you cant find that in a pill.

however as an adult, i find the stimulator effect of adderall to be much cleaner and productive than the sweaty/hot/shaky caffeine high. i dont believe in giving some people the benefeit of pharmaceutical ehancement, and not others.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have a script of non controlled release adderall, 10mg tablets, 20mgs a day. i take 5-10mgs a day, and rarely 10.

5mgs in the morning or before a workout will not give you withdrawl or negative side effects, except for perhaps an increase in blood pressure. i cant even imagine what it would be like to take more than 10mgs of this stuff at a time, you would have to be out of your mind and purposely looking for some type of "high".

i agree that these kids are getting hyped on these add drugs for almost no reason at all. add? no such thing. some people can, and some simply cant. i dont see how giving a kid with add or adhd is going to solve an attention problem. its a matter of motivation, and you cant find that in a pill.

however as an adult, i find the stimulator effect of adderall to be much cleaner and productive than the sweaty/hot/shaky caffeine high. i dont believe in giving some people the benefeit of pharmaceutical ehancement, and not others.
Aren't you contradicting yourself by having it prescribed to you?. What was it prescribed for?

amalgum

amalgum

Awards
Aren't you contradicting yourself by having it prescribed to you?. What was it prescribed for?
well i certainly dont have ADD if that is what you mean. doctors hand this stuff out like candy these days. just ask

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards

Yeah 10mg a day isnt gonan do much but make you more driven. So it seems good at first, but that sh!t adds up on you faster than you realize, pretty soon you're taking 100+mg throughout the day just to continue functioning.

epixep

epixep

Awards
You never specified how you obtained any addy......

merph

merph

Awards
Adderall is actually an aphetamine sulfate. If used correctly it will help calm you down and foucs. If crushed or chewed its also considered "poor mans coke." For some its like taking a line of coke and a viagera at the same time. Coming off of it can either be easy or for some exteremly violent.

Personal experience speaking here. Dont F*** with it.

OpKang101

OpKang101

Awards
ehh adderall for me doesnt do much,

not addictive IMO, although for others it may be.

My appetite still rages while on adderall.

Jtannenb

Awards
I to am perscribed to it, 15 mg's i only take it when I need to hit the lib, for long study sessions or before a test / finals.. hell of a drug works wonders for me. yes the negatives are shitty but i cant imagine passing college with out it.

merph

merph

Awards
I to am perscribed to it, 15 mg's i only take it when I need to hit the lib, for long study sessions or before a test / finals.. hell of a drug works wonders for me. yes the negatives are shitty but i cant imagine passing college with out it.
Its called hard work and dedication IMO

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Its a lifesaver during finals, but goddamn sometimes it makes me feel weird. Sometimes it also makes me blotchy and hot as hell. Definitely not good for you, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Not addictive at all for me cuz i dont like the way it makes me feel.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
No, its a mix of dextro/levo-amphetamine. Not methamphetamine. It has vastly different effects than meth.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Just a side note, adderall, at least in people who need it, end up with libido issues, according to my doctor. I inquired about a possible Rx for ADD and that's what she recommended. Sadly she also said people who actually need it don't get the tweeker effect either.
Any powerful stimulant has the potential to cause libido issues and ED. Adderall is no different.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I agree totally. Its because these freakin doctors want to turn this country into a drug addicted nanny state, full of people who can't fend for themselves. And these morons buy right into it. Look at all these antidepressants, ritalin/adderall type drugs, antipsychotics, ect. Half the doctors prescribing the sh*t don't even have a clue of what they're doing. I've seen these drugs totally destroy people. Studys show that kids that are prescribed these drugs just turn out to be drug addicts and have a host of other problems. All to treat fake illnesses. Now I'm not saying that its not warrented in some cases. Some people are truely mentally disturbed, but these treatments should be reserved for these cases. But no, the sheeple of today flock to medical dope dealers pushing dope for big pharma. Sh*t, any person who has a single incidence of stress in there lives, the dope dealers want to put them on prozac and tranqulizers, and the sheeple buy right into it because they are weak and don't want to have to deal with life because its easier to swallow a pill every day. Just my opinion.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Its a lifesaver during finals, but goddamn sometimes it makes me feel weird. Sometimes it also makes me blotchy and hot as hell. Definitely not good for you, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Not addictive at all for me cuz i dont like the way it makes me feel.
Then why do you take it?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
why do people take steroids?
Well, wait a minute. He said he doesn't like how it makes him feel. Comparing that to steroids is a faulty argument, assuming that most of the people who take steroids do indeed like the feelings of euphoria that come while taking them. Taking something even though you don't like how it makes you feel or what it does to you sounds a little insane to me. So if you answered the question that I asked instead of getting all defensive, you would see the validity of my point.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I was prescribed ritalin as a child and went on adderall because I heard it worked better. When I was taking adderall my grades were amazing, and I could actually pay attention during class, but then I noticed the sides. Super sweaty extremities, no appetite, and sex? Forget about it. Time and time again I was a 2-pump chump. So embarrassing. Never again. I ****ing HATE that stuff now. You couldn't pay me to eat another pill of adderall.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
...and sex? Forget about it. Time and time again I was a 2-pump chump. So embarrassing. Never again. I ****ing HATE that stuff now. You couldn't pay me to eat another pill of adderall.
2pump chump? Wouldn't the effects of a low libido make you a 4 hour power piston??

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone get a really painful feeling in between there rib cage and lungs/ in lungs when you take adderall? I've only taken it twice for tests and i felt good for like an hour and then my lungs/ribs were on fire, i couldn't even move for like 30 minutes without it hurting. Never taking anymore again... But i would like to know if that has happened to anyone else?

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
ADD isn't a fake disease. I feel like many people come up with bullshit and say they have it cause well... i actually have no idea why. the attention maybe? I have ADD and it sucks big time. I'd say the worst part is always being the last person to be done with any reading because i have to read every sentence at least five times... literally. that's a minimum. I was on adderal and it messed me up. My grades were good but it was because i became completely anti social, no libido, depressed as hell, and went to bed at about 2-4 o'clock each night. Idk if there is some scientific explanation but i became very addicted to many other things such as video games, card games, things of that nature. So much to the point that my dad broke my xbox.

I think i remember my doctor saying that the "focus effects" of adderal dont just happen all of the sudden. Idk maybe i'm wrong because so many people apparently feel this right after taking it. The two years i was on that and lexapro, for depression are a complete blurr to me and although i didn't have to read things five times, only 3, i'll take getting more frustrated over that stuff any day. It took away my life for those two years so it seems so i say f meds haha and just man up for studying.

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
I really do think that ADD/ADHD is a bullshit disease. I've actually read some stuff stating that the symptoms are actually very similar to what happens to people if they experience Above average intelligence, Under Nutrition, Abuse/Neglect, Stressful Home, Poor Parenting, and a few other learning disorders (quoted from the following page=http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/47006).

To be totally honest I am pretty sure I have, and was experiencing those sort of things when I was a kid and diagnosed with ADD. So amphetamines are basically a very poor band-aid solution to the problem without addressing the root causes. When I was prescribed to ritalin, and then adderall, I experienced nasty side effects like reduced appetite and sleeplessness. I basically had to take this **** all the way up to about 8th grade when I just thought enough was enough. What's really bad is that when I stopped taking the stuff I basically ended up with rebound weight gain and acquired a gut, no fun at all. Adderall is a drug that I think takes away a lot of someone's individuality if they are taking it every day. It makes you numb and docile, and I think this fits in nicely with the public education system's desires for making you conform to them more. Schools also tend to be very hesitant to tell parents that they might be doing something wrong, which I think is a shame considering how many clueless crap parents there are out there. The side effects really are horrible, it is actually known that this stuff can even cause hair loss.

At certain points I actually have also used it recreationally, and it really did get me ****ed up, I can obviously feel the effects of this stuff even if I take 1 pill, which is odd since I've heard that if you really have ADHD you're not even supposed to feel the effects... I say bullshit. Using it recreationally is not that great at all though, my penis shrunk up and pretty much almost inverted itself into a vagina, not fun. I will go as far as to say that I have even used cocaine recreationally in the past, and I can honestly say that adderall feels more taxing on the body, and the comedown is worse, I think mainly because of how long the drug's effects last (especially if it's one of the XR kinds).

As much as it might help you focus, I would recommend that everyone stay away from this drug. If you're having problems with motivation and attention, I think that perhaps you need to take a good look at yourself and sort out what might be causing these sort of things. I wish that cognitive behavior therapy would be more common than it is, doctors just seem to want to prescribe you pills instead of doing the actual dirty work that needs to be done.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
I really do think that ADD/ADHD is a bullshit disease. I've actually read some stuff stating that the symptoms are actually very similar to what happens to people if they experience Above average intelligence, Under Nutrition, Abuse/Neglect, Stressful Home, Poor Parenting, and a few other learning disorders (quoted from the following page=http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/47006).

To be totally honest I am pretty sure I have, and was experiencing those sort of things when I was a kid and diagnosed with ADD. So amphetamines are basically a very poor band-aid solution to the problem without addressing the root causes. When I was prescribed to ritalin, and then adderall, I experienced nasty side effects like reduced appetite and sleeplessness. I basically had to take this **** all the way up to about 8th grade when I just thought enough was enough. What's really bad is that when I stopped taking the stuff I basically ended up with rebound weight gain and acquired a gut, no fun at all. Adderall is a drug that I think takes away a lot of someone's individuality if they are taking it every day. It makes you numb and docile, and I think this fits in nicely with the public education system's desires for making you conform to them more. Schools also tend to be very hesitant to tell parents that they might be doing something wrong, which I think is a shame considering how many clueless crap parents there are out there. The side effects really are horrible, it is actually known that this stuff can even cause hair loss.

At certain points I actually have also used it recreationally, and it really did get me ****ed up, I can obviously feel the effects of this stuff even if I take 1 pill, which is odd since I've heard that if you really have ADHD you're not even supposed to feel the effects... I say bullshit. Using it recreationally is not that great at all though, my penis shrunk up and pretty much almost inverted itself into a vagina, not fun. I will go as far as to say that I have even used cocaine recreationally in the past, and I can honestly say that adderall feels more taxing on the body, and the comedown is worse, I think mainly because of how long the drug's effects last (especially if it's one of the XR kinds).

As much as it might help you focus, I would recommend that everyone stay away from this drug. If you're having problems with motivation and attention, I think that perhaps you need to take a good look at yourself and sort out what might be causing these sort of things. I wish that cognitive behavior therapy would be more common than it is, doctors just seem to want to prescribe you pills instead of doing the actual dirty work that needs to be done.

I do agree with so much of what you are saying. I do believe many kids just give themself this sort of "disease" because they have been brought up poorly or are spoiled pu$$ies no offense to anybody on here at all. I've just had personal experiences with people who complain about how they cant get anything done and they have bad grades so it must be ADD or ADHD. But i dont feel like you should classify as like a fake disease, if you were not saying that then i apologize for the confusion. I guess i dont feel like it should be classified this way because it seems to be a touchy subject for me. I have never had a lack of motivation and as for parenting idk if it was good or bad but it was strict as fvck. I dont like when people just say oh you have ADD who the fvck cares everybody does. When in fact i have so much drive for school and really it sucks ass... I'm always the last person in class when taking tests, even when i know all the material, and i have to take twice even three times as long as everybody else to study. My reading speed is actually quite fast but taking it in is a whole other story.

Anyways moral of the story is I work my ass off while being off meds because yes, the meds do fvck you up and even though it's so much easier to read and focus, i'd rather not be a drone. But just because of your experience with ADD or whatever you'd like to call it turned out to be bullshit doesn't really give you a right to classify people with this disorder as fake.

If i misunderstood correct me that's just what i got from your post.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
2pump chump? Wouldn't the effects of a low libido make you a 4 hour power piston??
seriously man! when i was using meth(chemical cousin of adderal ive heard) i would go for over an hour straight and alot of times she had to stop before i could finish! and when not on meth i finish way too fast so sometimes its really tempting to go back to my old ways! but i guess everyone is different