Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Just my opinion.
    And mine.
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by amalgum View Post
    why do people take steroids?
    Well, wait a minute. He said he doesn't like how it makes him feel. Comparing that to steroids is a faulty argument, assuming that most of the people who take steroids do indeed like the feelings of euphoria that come while taking them. Taking something even though you don't like how it makes you feel or what it does to you sounds a little insane to me. So if you answered the question that I asked instead of getting all defensive, you would see the validity of my point.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

I was prescribed ritalin as a child and went on adderall because I heard it worked better. When I was taking adderall my grades were amazing, and I could actually pay attention during class, but then I noticed the sides. Super sweaty extremities, no appetite, and sex? Forget about it. Time and time again I was a 2-pump chump. So embarrassing. Never again. I ****ing HATE that stuff now. You couldn't pay me to eat another pill of adderall.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    ...and sex? Forget about it. Time and time again I was a 2-pump chump. So embarrassing. Never again. I ****ing HATE that stuff now. You couldn't pay me to eat another pill of adderall.
    2pump chump? Wouldn't the effects of a low libido make you a 4 hour power piston??
  6. New Member

Does anyone get a really painful feeling in between there rib cage and lungs/ in lungs when you take adderall? I've only taken it twice for tests and i felt good for like an hour and then my lungs/ribs were on fire, i couldn't even move for like 30 minutes without it hurting. Never taking anymore again... But i would like to know if that has happened to anyone else?
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Then why do you take it?
    Because it improves my grades dramatically.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

ADD isn't a fake disease. I feel like many people come up with bull**** and say they have it cause well... i actually have no idea why. the attention maybe? I have ADD and it sucks big time. I'd say the worst part is always being the last person to be done with any reading because i have to read every sentence at least five times... literally. that's a minimum. I was on adderal and it messed me up. My grades were good but it was because i became completely anti social, no libido, depressed as hell, and went to bed at about 2-4 o'clock each night. Idk if there is some scientific explanation but i became very addicted to many other things such as video games, card games, things of that nature. So much to the point that my dad broke my xbox.

I think i remember my doctor saying that the "focus effects" of adderal dont just happen all of the sudden. Idk maybe i'm wrong because so many people apparently feel this right after taking it. The two years i was on that and lexapro, for depression are a complete blurr to me and although i didn't have to read things five times, only 3, i'll take getting more frustrated over that stuff any day. It took away my life for those two years so it seems so i say f meds haha and just man up for studying.
  9. New Member

I really do think that ADD/ADHD is a bull**** disease. I've actually read some stuff stating that the symptoms are actually very similar to what happens to people if they experience Above average intelligence, Under Nutrition, Abuse/Neglect, Stressful Home, Poor Parenting, and a few other learning disorders (quoted from the following page=http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/47006).

To be totally honest I am pretty sure I have, and was experiencing those sort of things when I was a kid and diagnosed with ADD. So amphetamines are basically a very poor band-aid solution to the problem without addressing the root causes. When I was prescribed to ritalin, and then adderall, I experienced nasty side effects like reduced appetite and sleeplessness. I basically had to take this **** all the way up to about 8th grade when I just thought enough was enough. What's really bad is that when I stopped taking the stuff I basically ended up with rebound weight gain and acquired a gut, no fun at all. Adderall is a drug that I think takes away a lot of someone's individuality if they are taking it every day. It makes you numb and docile, and I think this fits in nicely with the public education system's desires for making you conform to them more. Schools also tend to be very hesitant to tell parents that they might be doing something wrong, which I think is a shame considering how many clueless crap parents there are out there. The side effects really are horrible, it is actually known that this stuff can even cause hair loss.

At certain points I actually have also used it recreationally, and it really did get me ****ed up, I can obviously feel the effects of this stuff even if I take 1 pill, which is odd since I've heard that if you really have ADHD you're not even supposed to feel the effects... I say bull****. Using it recreationally is not that great at all though, my penis shrunk up and pretty much almost inverted itself into a vagina, not fun. I will go as far as to say that I have even used cocaine recreationally in the past, and I can honestly say that adderall feels more taxing on the body, and the comedown is worse, I think mainly because of how long the drug's effects last (especially if it's one of the XR kinds).

As much as it might help you focus, I would recommend that everyone stay away from this drug. If you're having problems with motivation and attention, I think that perhaps you need to take a good look at yourself and sort out what might be causing these sort of things. I wish that cognitive behavior therapy would be more common than it is, doctors just seem to want to prescribe you pills instead of doing the actual dirty work that needs to be done.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skiba View Post
    I really do think that ADD/ADHD is a bull**** disease. I've actually read some stuff stating that the symptoms are actually very similar to what happens to people if they experience Above average intelligence, Under Nutrition, Abuse/Neglect, Stressful Home, Poor Parenting, and a few other learning disorders (quoted from the following page=http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/47006).

To be totally honest I am pretty sure I have, and was experiencing those sort of things when I was a kid and diagnosed with ADD. So amphetamines are basically a very poor band-aid solution to the problem without addressing the root causes. When I was prescribed to ritalin, and then adderall, I experienced nasty side effects like reduced appetite and sleeplessness. I basically had to take this **** all the way up to about 8th grade when I just thought enough was enough. What's really bad is that when I stopped taking the stuff I basically ended up with rebound weight gain and acquired a gut, no fun at all. Adderall is a drug that I think takes away a lot of someone's individuality if they are taking it every day. It makes you numb and docile, and I think this fits in nicely with the public education system's desires for making you conform to them more. Schools also tend to be very hesitant to tell parents that they might be doing something wrong, which I think is a shame considering how many clueless crap parents there are out there. The side effects really are horrible, it is actually known that this stuff can even cause hair loss.

At certain points I actually have also used it recreationally, and it really did get me ****ed up, I can obviously feel the effects of this stuff even if I take 1 pill, which is odd since I've heard that if you really have ADHD you're not even supposed to feel the effects... I say bull****. Using it recreationally is not that great at all though, my penis shrunk up and pretty much almost inverted itself into a vagina, not fun. I will go as far as to say that I have even used cocaine recreationally in the past, and I can honestly say that adderall feels more taxing on the body, and the comedown is worse, I think mainly because of how long the drug's effects last (especially if it's one of the XR kinds).

As much as it might help you focus, I would recommend that everyone stay away from this drug. If you're having problems with motivation and attention, I think that perhaps you need to take a good look at yourself and sort out what might be causing these sort of things. I wish that cognitive behavior therapy would be more common than it is, doctors just seem to want to prescribe you pills instead of doing the actual dirty work that needs to be done.

I do agree with so much of what you are saying. I do believe many kids just give themself this sort of "disease" because they have been brought up poorly or are spoiled ********* no offense to anybody on here at all. I've just had personal experiences with people who complain about how they cant get anything done and they have bad grades so it must be ADD or ADHD. But i dont feel like you should classify as like a fake disease, if you were not saying that then i apologize for the confusion. I guess i dont feel like it should be classified this way because it seems to be a touchy subject for me. I have never had a lack of motivation and as for parenting idk if it was good or bad but it was strict as ****. I dont like when people just say oh you have ADD who the **** cares everybody does. When in fact i have so much drive for school and really it sucks ass... I'm always the last person in class when taking tests, even when i know all the material, and i have to take twice even three times as long as everybody else to study. My reading speed is actually quite fast but taking it in is a whole other story.

Anyways moral of the story is I work my ass off while being off meds because yes, the meds do **** you up and even though it's so much easier to read and focus, i'd rather not be a drone. But just because of your experience with ADD or whatever you'd like to call it turned out to be bull**** doesn't really give you a right to classify people with this disorder as fake.

If i misunderstood correct me that's just what i got from your post.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu19 View Post
    2pump chump? Wouldn't the effects of a low libido make you a 4 hour power piston??
    seriously man! when i was using meth(chemical cousin of adderal ive heard) i would go for over an hour straight and alot of times she had to stop before i could finish! and when not on meth i finish way too fast so sometimes its really tempting to go back to my old ways! but i guess everyone is different
  12. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    seriously man! when i was using meth(chemical cousin of adderal ive heard) i would go for over an hour straight and alot of times she had to stop before i could finish! and when not on meth i finish way too fast so sometimes its really tempting to go back to my old ways! but i guess everyone is different
    Dude, I would highly recommend that you do not do that. Justifying using meth as a useful tool is not an option. they have drugs for Premature ejaculation now. ask your doctor. not the one on the street though
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  251 lbs.

...adderal sux....
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post

Girls dont want you to go for an hour..... rarely ever. 15 minutes is like the best time on average for girls i'm pretty sure. Dr. Drew told me anybody listen to loveline? haha amazing. Rub on your skin for an hour and let us know how that feels.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  267 lbs.

Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by heavies View Post
    Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.

Nobody knows who you're talking about when you say the guy earlier... there was plenty of guys earlier. And yes many doctors prescribe too high. I was starting out pretty damn high and it ****ed me up.
  17. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by heavies View Post

I agree with you. Taken in correctly prescribed doses where need exists, it is a reasonably safe drug.

After trying other avenues (including milder drugs and behavioral therapy), doctors should properly begin with a small dose of XR and titrate from there.

Regular drug holidays can alleviate many, if not most, of the idiosyncrasies associated with its use.

A lot of the "horror" stories here (though real), are likely due to poor pharmacological management, and is similar to what the general public believes about "steroids".
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  267 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I agree with you. Taken in correctly prescribed doses where need exists, it is a reasonably safe drug.

After trying other avenues (including milder drugs and behavioral therapy), doctors should properly begin with a small dose of XR and titrate from there.

Regular drug holidays can alleviate many, if not most, of the idiosyncrasies associated with its use.

A lot of the "horror" stories here (though real), are likely due to poor pharmacological management, and is similar to what the general public believes about "steroids".
    I couldn't agree more. People need to educate themselves, and then proceed with caution, not based in fear, but knowledge.
  19. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

OMG bro, you like, don't know what the **** you're talking about!

The misuse of any psychostimulant has the potential to induce permanent psychosis, depression, Tourette-like symptoms, and schizophrenia due to manner in which XR, dextroamphetamine and others interact with dopamine/serotonin receptors and receptor sub-types. The fact is, anybody recreationally using Adderall/Dexadrine/Ridalin is adversely affecting their brain's ability for norepinephrine, dopaminergic, and serotonergic synthesis and transmission; these classifications of amphetamine derivatives and salts block dopaminergic reuptake for the most part, an incredibly adverse condition to be in if not needed.

Without a need for Adderall/Ritalin/Dexadrine, you are overdosing. Period. In fact, the misuse of any of these RX medications may cause degradations of neurons in the PFC - not necessarily something you want to induce.

The inhibited reuptake of serotonin, and imbalance in dopaminergic synthesis, and transport induced by XR/R/DX misuse can easily produce disassociative and hallucinogenic states, as well as 'tics' as they are known by TS sufferers.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Holy Sh1t....Your like a walking encyclopedia lol...My new nickname for you is "BRITANNICA"

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

The misuse of any psychostimulant has the potential to induce permanent psychosis, depression, Tourette-like symptoms, and schizophrenia due to manner in which XR, dextroamphetamine and others interact with dopamine/serotonin receptors and receptor sub-types. The fact is, anybody recreationally using Adderall/Dexadrine/Ridalin is adversely affecting their brain's ability for norepinephrine, dopaminergic, and serotonergic synthesis and transmission; these classifications of amphetamine derivatives and salts block dopaminergic reuptake for the most part, an incredibly adverse condition to be in if not needed.

Without a need for Adderall/Ritalin/Dexadrine, you are overdosing. Period. In fact, the misuse of any of these RX medications may cause degradations of neurons in the PFC - not necessarily something you want to induce.

The inhibited reuptake of serotonin, and imbalance in dopaminergic synthesis, and transport induced by XR/R/DX misuse can easily produce disassociative and hallucinogenic states, as well as 'tics' as they are known by TS sufferers.
    Armed to the teeth.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  267 lbs.

I predicated everything with, you must start at the most conservative dose, and evaluate its efficacy, and that implied that there must be a legitimate need for the meds. I was tired of misrepresentation of the facts, reread what I wrote.

Do not insinuate that I am speaking out of my ass.
  22. Advanced Member

I could be wrong, but my reading of posts puts us all in agreement that recreational misuse is a dangerous and irresponsible thing.

Where clinical need exists (for ADHD - which is real, albeit completely overdiagnosed, or narcolepsy) the responsible use of adderall can be indicated.

Many don't think ADHD exists because they've never really met someone with ADHD - just someone misdiagnosed with it.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  267 lbs.

I could be wrong, but my reading of posts puts us all in agreement that recreational misuse is a dangerous and irresponsible thing.

Where clinical need exists (for ADHD - which is real, albeit completely overdiagnosed or narcolepsy [though I prefer provigil]) the responsible use of adderall can be indicated.

Many don't think ADHD exists because they've never really met someone with ADHD - just someone misdiagnosed with it.
    Agreed, thats why I told mullet to reread the post.. Thanks for your clear thinking...
  24. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Where clinical need exists (for ADHD - which is real, albeit completely overdiagnosed, or narcolepsy) the responsible use of adderall can be indicated.

He was insinuating that no negative side-effects are associated with recreational dosing; unless prescribed due to a need, the dose is recreational.

Neuropeptides, and neurotransmitters are not tinker toys - even small dosages of amphetamine derivatives present a tangible (though somewhat unlikely) possibility for adverse side-effects.

He was brushing aside the possibility for negative connotations, and such is not the case.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  267 lbs.

He was insinuating that no negative side-effects are associated with recreational dosing; unless prescribed due to a need, the dose is recreational.

Neuropeptides, and neurotransmitters are not tinker toys - even small dosages of amphetamine derivatives present a tangible (though somewhat unlikely) possibility for adverse side-effects.

He was brushing aside the possibility for negative connotations, and such is not the case.
    Incorrect... I specifically said that if you have libido etc. issues, your tweaking, i.e. you are high on the substance, i.e. you are taking too much, it is no longer therapeutic. I brushed aside nothing... Just admit you misinterpreted the posting....
  26. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Like I said..

If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc.
    Need is defined by the presence of increased dopaminergic transmission in the PFC; this is the point of such drugs: to inhibit reuptake to produce concentration and motivation.

Recreational use can produce side-effects no matter what - neurohormones aren't tinker toys.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  267 lbs.

Like I said..

Need is defined by the presence of increased dopaminergic transmission in the PFC; this is the point of such drugs: to inhibit reuptake to produce concentration and motivation.

Recreational use can produce side-effects no matter what - neurohormones aren't tinker toys.
    No not like you said...

If used responsibly infers that responsible use only occurs when taken at the lowest therapeutic dosages for a legitimate need as diagnosed under DSM IV criteria. I also advocated use only when needed for the symptoms of ADD or ADHD. Your point is moot and I am done here... Have at it...
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

heavies you're an idiot.
  29. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sreed11 View Post
    heavies you're an idiot.
    You've seen the light my son.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Ok a little bit about what it actually does do. I myself am ADD and have a prescription for it. First of all yes it will help you lose weight. Of course everyone knows about the lack of appetite and it also is basically a kick ass thermogenic. But like everyone says it's just not worth it. For me not because of the addictive properties. I've never had a problem with that and only use it for big tests like it is supposed to. The real problem with it is it's hormonal effects. First of all it Seriously blunts GH release. So even though it is burning fat, it's not burning it in the right way, and you will sacrifice muscle. Also through some path that i don't quite understand it blocks or inhibits testosterone. Try taking it for a while and you'll see that you basically need pct when coming off. Forget about getting a hard-on with this stuff. And then just to throw it in people do get addicted. It's just not worth it.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

It never has been addicting to me at all, I got tons of it at home and hate taking it. I took it for 3 years and was really skinny never ate. O well. I hate the stuff and refuse to take it. (im ADD lol)
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

I believe you are the one misinterpreting his post. Lets go back to it.

Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....
    From what I read, he is stating that once prescribed (meaning a doctor thinks that your symptoms are consistent with the symptoms of add/adhd sufferers) the medication, you should take the LOWEST dosage needed.

He also states if you take a higher dosage (again, this is with a DIAGNOSIS of the disease, NOT recreational), odds are it will induce negative side effects. Believe it or not, regardless of whether or not it is recreational (abusing), or via a legitimate diagnosis, a higher dose WILL induce side effects regardless of which camp you are in.

Way to be mature mullet and sreed11, you had my respect up until now (I still believe you are highly intelligent mullet, I just think you misread his post, and are sticking to your first interpretation of it).
  33. Professional Member

If you snort about 30-40mg you'll be able to drink a liter of vodka in one night; not that anyone should ever do that under any circumstances.
    Last edited by Rugger; 08-11-2008 at 06:54 PM.
  34. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ecu19 View Post
    I believe you are the one misinterpreting his post. Lets go back to it.

From what I read, he is stating that once prescribed (meaning a doctor thinks that your symptoms are consistent with the symptoms of add/adhd sufferers) the medication, you should take the LOWEST dosage needed.

He also states if you take a higher dosage (again, this is with a DIAGNOSIS of the disease, NOT recreational), odds are it will induce negative side effects. Believe it or not, regardless of whether or not it is recreational (abusing), or via a legitimate diagnosis, a higher dose WILL induce side effects regardless of which camp you are in.

Way to be mature mullet and sreed11, you had my respect up until now (I still believe you are highly intelligent mullet, I just think you misread his post, and are sticking to your first interpretation of it).
    I re-read this thread and I still don't get how you came to your conclusions.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    I re-read this thread and I still don't get how you came to your conclusions.
    he said that docs prescibe dosages. Being prescribed and taking it at the prescribed dosage indicates responsible use, not abuse or recreational use. He is stating that docs today are simply starting at higher dosages, instead of starting low and upping the dosage to access tolerance to side effects. The usual way to do it is to start low, and slowly work the dosage up to a good dosage. And since docs prescribe it at a higher dosage, side effects are sure to follow (this is a powerful amphetamine we are talking about here).

Much like the way the clen users on this board start at 20mcg and up the dosage to a perfect level just below the sides, not just "starting out" at 200mcg.

Is that more clear?
  36. New Member

Just my .02. I have ADHD and am prescribed 60 mgs a day. When I first began using Adderall i abused my prescription and lost almost all of my muscle due to appetite suppression combined with the increased metabolic rate. When used correctly and at the correct dose and in the correct manner then Adderall can be helpful. However, I do not believe the drug should be used as a bodybuilding supplement in any way. If it has beneficial side effects for an individual when taken in treatment of ADD or ADHD then that is wonderful, but it should not be used for those side effects alone.

If you use this chemical please be careful. It does have heinous sides, but can be very helpful for individuals with attention difficulties.

If anyone has questions about Adderall use feel free to PM me.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

true.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    If you snort about 30-40mg you'll be able to drink a liter of vodka in one night; not that anyone should ever do that under any circumstances.
    done that but drank about 25 beers and whatever else i could get my hands on........then again, seems that was common for college
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.

Can adderall be taken with methyl steriods ?
  40. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Svgeman View Post
    Can adderall be taken with methyl steriods ?
    sounds like you are on the road to good health. sarcasm of course. why would you not take amphetamines and steroids at the same time? its easy watch (pop 2 pills) , that wasnt hard. your bloodpressure will be through the friggin roof and you might go on a delusional psychopathic rampage but hey, you will look good doing it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. adderall and AAS...
    By n8te in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
  2. HGH and AdderaLL
    By rprimo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 12:16 AM
  3. Adderall and Epi
    By mawalega in forum Anabolics