Adderall and bodybuilding

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

  1. I to am perscribed to it, 15 mg's i only take it when I need to hit the lib, for long study sessions or before a test / finals.. hell of a drug works wonders for me. yes the negatives are ****ty but i cant imagine passing college with out it.


  2. I to am perscribed to it, 15 mg's i only take it when I need to hit the lib, for long study sessions or before a test / finals.. hell of a drug works wonders for me. yes the negatives are ****ty but i cant imagine passing college with out it.
    Its called hard work and dedication IMO
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Jtannenb View Post
    I to am perscribed to it, 15 mg's i only take it when I need to hit the lib, for long study sessions or before a test / finals.. hell of a drug works wonders for me. yes the negatives are ****ty but i cant imagine passing college with out it.
    Agreed. Its a lifesaver during finals, but goddamn sometimes it makes me feel weird. Sometimes it also makes me blotchy and hot as hell. Definitely not good for you, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Not addictive at all for me cuz i dont like the way it makes me feel.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.
    No, its a mix of dextro/levo-amphetamine. Not methamphetamine. It has vastly different effects than meth.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    Just a side note, adderall, at least in people who need it, end up with libido issues, according to my doctor. I inquired about a possible Rx for ADD and that's what she recommended. Sadly she also said people who actually need it don't get the tweeker effect either.
    Any powerful stimulant has the potential to cause libido issues and ED. Adderall is no different.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    OMFG this stuff is freaking ADDICTIVE especially as you begin to rely on it!!
    yep,x2

  7. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.
    No not methamphetamine, but a mixture of 4 amphetamine salts.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by nephilim666 View Post
    adderall causes so much more harm than good. its an excuse for kids with a fake disease " ADD " to get drugs that will **** them up really bad. addy destroyed my old best friend without him realising it. he became quite literaly insane. and began to actualy abuse them as his tolerance grew, it lead to him overdosing on percocets because the withdrawels were so bad he couldnt take it.
    I agree totally. Its because these freakin doctors want to turn this country into a drug addicted nanny state, full of people who can't fend for themselves. And these morons buy right into it. Look at all these antidepressants, ritalin/adderall type drugs, antipsychotics, ect. Half the doctors prescribing the sh*t don't even have a clue of what they're doing. I've seen these drugs totally destroy people. Studys show that kids that are prescribed these drugs just turn out to be drug addicts and have a host of other problems. All to treat fake illnesses. Now I'm not saying that its not warrented in some cases. Some people are truely mentally disturbed, but these treatments should be reserved for these cases. But no, the sheeple of today flock to medical dope dealers pushing dope for big pharma. Sh*t, any person who has a single incidence of stress in there lives, the dope dealers want to put them on prozac and tranqulizers, and the sheeple buy right into it because they are weak and don't want to have to deal with life because its easier to swallow a pill every day. Just my opinion.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Agreed. Its a lifesaver during finals, but goddamn sometimes it makes me feel weird. Sometimes it also makes me blotchy and hot as hell. Definitely not good for you, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Not addictive at all for me cuz i dont like the way it makes me feel.
    Then why do you take it?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Then why do you take it?
    why do people take steroids?
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Just my opinion.
    And mine.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by amalgum View Post
    why do people take steroids?
    Well, wait a minute. He said he doesn't like how it makes him feel. Comparing that to steroids is a faulty argument, assuming that most of the people who take steroids do indeed like the feelings of euphoria that come while taking them. Taking something even though you don't like how it makes you feel or what it does to you sounds a little insane to me. So if you answered the question that I asked instead of getting all defensive, you would see the validity of my point.

  13. I was prescribed ritalin as a child and went on adderall because I heard it worked better. When I was taking adderall my grades were amazing, and I could actually pay attention during class, but then I noticed the sides. Super sweaty extremities, no appetite, and sex? Forget about it. Time and time again I was a 2-pump chump. So embarrassing. Never again. I ****ing HATE that stuff now. You couldn't pay me to eat another pill of adderall.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    ...and sex? Forget about it. Time and time again I was a 2-pump chump. So embarrassing. Never again. I ****ing HATE that stuff now. You couldn't pay me to eat another pill of adderall.
    2pump chump? Wouldn't the effects of a low libido make you a 4 hour power piston??

  15. Does anyone get a really painful feeling in between there rib cage and lungs/ in lungs when you take adderall? I've only taken it twice for tests and i felt good for like an hour and then my lungs/ribs were on fire, i couldn't even move for like 30 minutes without it hurting. Never taking anymore again... But i would like to know if that has happened to anyone else?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Then why do you take it?
    Because it improves my grades dramatically.

  17. ADD isn't a fake disease. I feel like many people come up with bull**** and say they have it cause well... i actually have no idea why. the attention maybe? I have ADD and it sucks big time. I'd say the worst part is always being the last person to be done with any reading because i have to read every sentence at least five times... literally. that's a minimum. I was on adderal and it messed me up. My grades were good but it was because i became completely anti social, no libido, depressed as hell, and went to bed at about 2-4 o'clock each night. Idk if there is some scientific explanation but i became very addicted to many other things such as video games, card games, things of that nature. So much to the point that my dad broke my xbox.

    I think i remember my doctor saying that the "focus effects" of adderal dont just happen all of the sudden. Idk maybe i'm wrong because so many people apparently feel this right after taking it. The two years i was on that and lexapro, for depression are a complete blurr to me and although i didn't have to read things five times, only 3, i'll take getting more frustrated over that stuff any day. It took away my life for those two years so it seems so i say f meds haha and just man up for studying.

  18. I really do think that ADD/ADHD is a bull**** disease. I've actually read some stuff stating that the symptoms are actually very similar to what happens to people if they experience Above average intelligence, Under Nutrition, Abuse/Neglect, Stressful Home, Poor Parenting, and a few other learning disorders (quoted from the following page=http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/47006).

    To be totally honest I am pretty sure I have, and was experiencing those sort of things when I was a kid and diagnosed with ADD. So amphetamines are basically a very poor band-aid solution to the problem without addressing the root causes. When I was prescribed to ritalin, and then adderall, I experienced nasty side effects like reduced appetite and sleeplessness. I basically had to take this **** all the way up to about 8th grade when I just thought enough was enough. What's really bad is that when I stopped taking the stuff I basically ended up with rebound weight gain and acquired a gut, no fun at all. Adderall is a drug that I think takes away a lot of someone's individuality if they are taking it every day. It makes you numb and docile, and I think this fits in nicely with the public education system's desires for making you conform to them more. Schools also tend to be very hesitant to tell parents that they might be doing something wrong, which I think is a shame considering how many clueless crap parents there are out there. The side effects really are horrible, it is actually known that this stuff can even cause hair loss.

    At certain points I actually have also used it recreationally, and it really did get me ****ed up, I can obviously feel the effects of this stuff even if I take 1 pill, which is odd since I've heard that if you really have ADHD you're not even supposed to feel the effects... I say bull****. Using it recreationally is not that great at all though, my penis shrunk up and pretty much almost inverted itself into a vagina, not fun. I will go as far as to say that I have even used cocaine recreationally in the past, and I can honestly say that adderall feels more taxing on the body, and the comedown is worse, I think mainly because of how long the drug's effects last (especially if it's one of the XR kinds).

    As much as it might help you focus, I would recommend that everyone stay away from this drug. If you're having problems with motivation and attention, I think that perhaps you need to take a good look at yourself and sort out what might be causing these sort of things. I wish that cognitive behavior therapy would be more common than it is, doctors just seem to want to prescribe you pills instead of doing the actual dirty work that needs to be done.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skiba View Post
    I really do think that ADD/ADHD is a bull**** disease. I've actually read some stuff stating that the symptoms are actually very similar to what happens to people if they experience Above average intelligence, Under Nutrition, Abuse/Neglect, Stressful Home, Poor Parenting, and a few other learning disorders (quoted from the following page=http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/47006).

    To be totally honest I am pretty sure I have, and was experiencing those sort of things when I was a kid and diagnosed with ADD. So amphetamines are basically a very poor band-aid solution to the problem without addressing the root causes. When I was prescribed to ritalin, and then adderall, I experienced nasty side effects like reduced appetite and sleeplessness. I basically had to take this **** all the way up to about 8th grade when I just thought enough was enough. What's really bad is that when I stopped taking the stuff I basically ended up with rebound weight gain and acquired a gut, no fun at all. Adderall is a drug that I think takes away a lot of someone's individuality if they are taking it every day. It makes you numb and docile, and I think this fits in nicely with the public education system's desires for making you conform to them more. Schools also tend to be very hesitant to tell parents that they might be doing something wrong, which I think is a shame considering how many clueless crap parents there are out there. The side effects really are horrible, it is actually known that this stuff can even cause hair loss.

    At certain points I actually have also used it recreationally, and it really did get me ****ed up, I can obviously feel the effects of this stuff even if I take 1 pill, which is odd since I've heard that if you really have ADHD you're not even supposed to feel the effects... I say bull****. Using it recreationally is not that great at all though, my penis shrunk up and pretty much almost inverted itself into a vagina, not fun. I will go as far as to say that I have even used cocaine recreationally in the past, and I can honestly say that adderall feels more taxing on the body, and the comedown is worse, I think mainly because of how long the drug's effects last (especially if it's one of the XR kinds).

    As much as it might help you focus, I would recommend that everyone stay away from this drug. If you're having problems with motivation and attention, I think that perhaps you need to take a good look at yourself and sort out what might be causing these sort of things. I wish that cognitive behavior therapy would be more common than it is, doctors just seem to want to prescribe you pills instead of doing the actual dirty work that needs to be done.

    I do agree with so much of what you are saying. I do believe many kids just give themself this sort of "disease" because they have been brought up poorly or are spoiled ********* no offense to anybody on here at all. I've just had personal experiences with people who complain about how they cant get anything done and they have bad grades so it must be ADD or ADHD. But i dont feel like you should classify as like a fake disease, if you were not saying that then i apologize for the confusion. I guess i dont feel like it should be classified this way because it seems to be a touchy subject for me. I have never had a lack of motivation and as for parenting idk if it was good or bad but it was strict as ****. I dont like when people just say oh you have ADD who the **** cares everybody does. When in fact i have so much drive for school and really it sucks ass... I'm always the last person in class when taking tests, even when i know all the material, and i have to take twice even three times as long as everybody else to study. My reading speed is actually quite fast but taking it in is a whole other story.

    Anyways moral of the story is I work my ass off while being off meds because yes, the meds do **** you up and even though it's so much easier to read and focus, i'd rather not be a drone. But just because of your experience with ADD or whatever you'd like to call it turned out to be bull**** doesn't really give you a right to classify people with this disorder as fake.

    If i misunderstood correct me that's just what i got from your post.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by ecu19 View Post
    2pump chump? Wouldn't the effects of a low libido make you a 4 hour power piston??
    seriously man! when i was using meth(chemical cousin of adderal ive heard) i would go for over an hour straight and alot of times she had to stop before i could finish! and when not on meth i finish way too fast so sometimes its really tempting to go back to my old ways! but i guess everyone is different

  21. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    seriously man! when i was using meth(chemical cousin of adderal ive heard) i would go for over an hour straight and alot of times she had to stop before i could finish! and when not on meth i finish way too fast so sometimes its really tempting to go back to my old ways! but i guess everyone is different
    Dude, I would highly recommend that you do not do that. Justifying using meth as a useful tool is not an option. they have drugs for Premature ejaculation now. ask your doctor. not the one on the street though

  22. ...adderal sux....

  23. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    seriously man! when i was using meth(chemical cousin of adderal ive heard) i would go for over an hour straight and alot of times she had to stop before i could finish! and when not on meth i finish way too fast so sometimes its really tempting to go back to my old ways! but i guess everyone is different

    Girls dont want you to go for an hour..... rarely ever. 15 minutes is like the best time on average for girls i'm pretty sure. Dr. Drew told me anybody listen to loveline? haha amazing. Rub on your skin for an hour and let us know how that feels.

  24. Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

    And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by heavies View Post
    Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

    And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.

    Nobody knows who you're talking about when you say the guy earlier... there was plenty of guys earlier. And yes many doctors prescribe too high. I was starting out pretty damn high and it ****ed me up.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by heavies View Post
    Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

    And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.
    I agree with you. Taken in correctly prescribed doses where need exists, it is a reasonably safe drug.

    After trying other avenues (including milder drugs and behavioral therapy), doctors should properly begin with a small dose of XR and titrate from there.

    Regular drug holidays can alleviate many, if not most, of the idiosyncrasies associated with its use.

    A lot of the "horror" stories here (though real), are likely due to poor pharmacological management, and is similar to what the general public believes about "steroids".

  27. Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I agree with you. Taken in correctly prescribed doses where need exists, it is a reasonably safe drug.

    After trying other avenues (including milder drugs and behavioral therapy), doctors should properly begin with a small dose of XR and titrate from there.

    Regular drug holidays can alleviate many, if not most, of the idiosyncrasies associated with its use.

    A lot of the "horror" stories here (though real), are likely due to poor pharmacological management, and is similar to what the general public believes about "steroids".
    I couldn't agree more. People need to educate themselves, and then proceed with caution, not based in fear, but knowledge.

  28. Jesus Christ! I have never read such bullsh!t in my life, some of you people that think Adderall is methamphetamines, are just plain stupid! It is not meth-amphetamine, it is amphetamine-salts big difference. As far as libido issues, that is just retarded, if you can't get your d!ck on, then your tweaking bro, period. Most idiot Dr.'s prescribe way to high a dose for most people. People should start at the bottom rung 5 mg 2x/day. Not at 20 or 30 or more 2x/day. If used responsibly there are no withdrawal issues, or negative side effects, meaning you take it only when you need it, like for studying etc. etc. Get a freaking grip people! This is pissing me off.....

    And another thing ADD is real, however it is not an excuse to act like a nut, or take a crap load of drugs, the guy earlier in the posts, made the most sense, and that was never taking over 10 mg's.
    OMG bro, you like, don't know what the **** you're talking about!

    The misuse of any psychostimulant has the potential to induce permanent psychosis, depression, Tourette-like symptoms, and schizophrenia due to manner in which XR, dextroamphetamine and others interact with dopamine/serotonin receptors and receptor sub-types. The fact is, anybody recreationally using Adderall/Dexadrine/Ridalin is adversely affecting their brain's ability for norepinephrine, dopaminergic, and serotonergic synthesis and transmission; these classifications of amphetamine derivatives and salts block dopaminergic reuptake for the most part, an incredibly adverse condition to be in if not needed.

    Without a need for Adderall/Ritalin/Dexadrine, you are overdosing. Period. In fact, the misuse of any of these RX medications may cause degradations of neurons in the PFC - not necessarily something you want to induce.

    The inhibited reuptake of serotonin, and imbalance in dopaminergic synthesis, and transport induced by XR/R/DX misuse can easily produce disassociative and hallucinogenic states, as well as 'tics' as they are known by TS sufferers.

  29. Holy Sh1t....Your like a walking encyclopedia lol...My new nickname for you is "BRITANNICA"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    OMG bro, you like, don't know what the **** you're talking about!

    The misuse of any psychostimulant has the potential to induce permanent psychosis, depression, Tourette-like symptoms, and schizophrenia due to manner in which XR, dextroamphetamine and others interact with dopamine/serotonin receptors and receptor sub-types. The fact is, anybody recreationally using Adderall/Dexadrine/Ridalin is adversely affecting their brain's ability for norepinephrine, dopaminergic, and serotonergic synthesis and transmission; these classifications of amphetamine derivatives and salts block dopaminergic reuptake for the most part, an incredibly adverse condition to be in if not needed.

    Without a need for Adderall/Ritalin/Dexadrine, you are overdosing. Period. In fact, the misuse of any of these RX medications may cause degradations of neurons in the PFC - not necessarily something you want to induce.

    The inhibited reuptake of serotonin, and imbalance in dopaminergic synthesis, and transport induced by XR/R/DX misuse can easily produce disassociative and hallucinogenic states, as well as 'tics' as they are known by TS sufferers.
    Armed to the teeth.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    OMG bro, you like, don't know what the **** you're talking about!

    I predicated everything with, you must start at the most conservative dose, and evaluate its efficacy, and that implied that there must be a legitimate need for the meds. I was tired of misrepresentation of the facts, reread what I wrote.

    Do not insinuate that I am speaking out of my ass.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. adderall and AAS...
    By n8te in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 02:53 PM
  2. HGH and AdderaLL
    By rprimo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 02:16 AM
  3. Adderall and Epi
    By mawalega in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 10:45 PM
  4. Adderall...anybody take it?
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 03:44 PM
  5. Adderall
    By Rhapsody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Log in
Log in