Picamilon and or Piracetam ???

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Anybody try either or both? If so can you post your experience? Looking to improve concentration and memory at work and reduce overall stress and anxiety.

Malfie

Awards
I've not tried Piracetam but I've taken Picamilon 50mg in the hope of it helping anxiety. The first time I took it, after around 10-15 minutes I experienced a euphoria which lasted around 5 seconds. It was weird as I didn't expect to feel this, and although I've taken Picamilon around four times since, I've not experienced this euphoria again.

Picamilon felt a lot like l-theanine to me, relaxing but I also felt energized and a little agitated but not in a bad way. I actually found it quite difficult to sit still, like I needed to be on the go doing things and I did feel more focused and didn't feel as tired like I do from l-theanine. I haven't tried taking it before bed as I don't think I may be able to sleep due to its energizing effect, or a higher dose for the same reason. Anyway, this is just my experience of it.

ProAnabolics

ProAnabolics

Awards
Piracetam is pretty good stuff, I'm using it now for school. However, there are many supplements to increase memory and concentration.

-Rhodiola Rosea
-L-Tyrosine
-Huperzine.A
-Acetyl-l-carnitine
-Fish Oils

Look into some of those, they usually work great in combination. Also, Choline stacks very well with all brain boosters, it really helps them work well from my experiences with them. Hope that helps.

Neuron

Neuron

Awards
Anybody try either or both? If so can you post your experience? Looking to improve concentration and memory at work and reduce overall stress and anxiety.
Of the 2 Picamilon would be a better choice. CNW carries some I think.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used Piracetam maybe a month for studies. Seemed to be smarter on it doing more complex things. is this what it is supposed to do? More complex things? so I don't have a lot of experience with Piracetam. I do have a good bit left

O take choline with Piracetam

Last edited:
Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
my roommate charlie uses a lot of brain-enhancing supps. i will have him post a breakdown of what they are/what he gets from them tomorrow. til then...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I've not tried Piracetam but I've taken Picamilon 50mg in the hope of it helping anxiety. The first time I took it, after around 10-15 minutes I experienced a euphoria which lasted around 5 seconds. It was weird as I didn't expect to feel this, and although I've taken Picamilon around four times since, I've not experienced this euphoria again.

Picamilon felt a lot like l-theanine to me, relaxing but I also felt energized and a little agitated but not in a bad way. I actually found it quite difficult to sit still, like I needed to be on the go doing things and I did feel more focused and didn't feel as tired like I do from l-theanine. I haven't tried taking it before bed as I don't think I may be able to sleep due to its energizing effect, or a higher dose for the same reason. Anyway, this is just my experience of it.
Sometimes anti-anxiety compounds have this effect on people during times of stress, usually IMO when something is being repressed. In certain individuals and during certain circumstances, when GABA rises, anxiety fades as thoughts tend to become linear and the subconscious issues become buoyant. Some of these subconscious thoughts can be issues that have been repressed and not dealt with for a long period of time and agitation can occur as these things try to break through the 'ice' of the subconscious to the conscious realm....
..............Just my hypothesis with some research ;)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
my roommate charlie uses a lot of brain-enhancing supps. i will have him post a breakdown of what they are/what he gets from them tomorrow. til then...
Be careful with 'smart-drugs'. I'll be the first to say that I've tried almost all of them in situations of normalcy and of that where my body/mind were under stress. Though many of them have been around for a while, some act on brain chemistry through more complex mechanisms of action than the 'evil' modern day psychotropic medicine.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about amino acids for enhanced cognition and some nootropics for temporary aid, but err on the side of caution.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What have you used Force and what effects did you notice from each one?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
What have you used Force and what effects did you notice from each one?
Everything? I'll list some nice aminos too, even though they're popularly sold everywhere. Some are underrated.

Alpha GPC - Gave me better sleep at night. After a day of taking it I had a clearer train of thought and the effects tapered off.

Aniracetam - 500mg = nothing noticable continuously taken 2x a day for a few days, but I felt anxious after taking a gram serving.

Phosphatidyl Serine (spelled right?) - 500 mg before and 500mg after workout = very nice focus, clarity, and cort control.

Theanine - Even keeled @ 300mg, 500mg was actually good to reduce some effects of a VERY strong stim (Unique Nutrition Brand)

Tyramine - It gave ME a funky reaction. My pupils were fully dialated and I felt like I was pissed at everyone.

Tyrosine - 1000mg is a clean 'lift', 2000mg will replace a cup of coffee without the jitters. 4000+ causes me to shake.

DLPA - Amazing stuff. Great for appetite control, depression, and mood. Keep it at 500mg-750mg 2 or 3 times a day. Don't get stupid and go nuts.

Relora - Great for a couple months. Nothing could really bother me. Then $#!+ kept getting worse and I didn't bother fixing it fast enough and I ramped up the dose from 750 a day to 1500mg a day. I felt sedated at that dose for the most part. I stopped it at once and BOOM; Crash.

Agmatine (Blueprint) - Nice neurotransmitter for controlling pain. I felt little to no pain doing heavy weight.

Bacopa - Subtle anti-anxiety effects. Good for extended durational use.

Chocamine - For me it gave smooth energy until it tapered off and then I'd nap if I didn't dose it again. With anything that causes euphoria, I will stay away from. The feeling that it was there and now it's gone, is not very pleasant.

Venom Hyperdrive (version 1) - Took 1 cap per day for 5 days and I swear on my life that it screwed up my food preferences and my appetite for 3 months. I wrote ALRI several times with no response, but then Raven was kind enough to hook me up a few years later. I swear that there was something in the original that was screwing everyone up MAJORLY.

GHB - Instant anti-depressant/anti-anxiety. Gives me energy, motivation, euphoria, tolerance to b/s, and more endurance. At higher doses of course, it knocks me out and when I wake up from the dopamine surge, I'm nauseas and alert.

GBL - Quicker onset and longer lasting than GHB, but the taste will make you want to throw up last years lunch.

GABOB - Mild sedative (pGHt).

Glucuronolactone - By itself it did nothing unless it was dosed at 3 grams and it gave me some feelings of well-being. With other stims that tend to cause peripheral side effects, it helped ease the 'rollercoaster' effect.

Yerba Mate` - Best natural stimulant ever. 3-4 tea bags and you're going to have a grand ole time and a lot of 'get up and make a difference' energy. I drink 2 tea bags if it's late and I'm going out to a bar, because I can sleep after I want to wind down. It beats the feeling of wired energy drinks that jack your adrenaline. 3-4 in the morning when you're tired and don't feel like starting the day yet makes things pleasant and motivating.

Phenibut - I'll get sedated and lose the desire to stay awake. For those who would dare compare it to 'G', haha... hahaha... nevermind.

Piractem - I didn't notice much at all after dosing it for several weeks.

Rhodiola - From bulknutrition... I took a tablespoon and stirred it in water and chugged it for instead relief and I was smiling in less than 10 minutes over nothing. I've tried it in caps at 500mg 2x a day (Solaray) and it was all right, but not as good as Relora for stress relief.

Sulbutiamine - 500mg with food in the morning and I felt more chatty. 300 did nothing noticable. Spike sucks.

Modafinil - Did nothing for motivation with me. It just made me stay up and do whatever, but it did nothing to the effect of adding 'vigilance' (Provigil).

Tryptophan (500mg) or 5-HTP (100mg) - I used a couple times for sleep aids and appy suppressants. Nothing special to note. Ravers swear by 5-HTP after X, so maybe it's good for that.

Pyritinol - Didn't take it long enough to notice anything.

Ginkgo/Huperzine-A/Vinpocetine combo - Nice combo for clarity! Natural energy and clarity.

Thiamine - Very underrated vitamin. I take a B-complex with 50mgs already in it and 300mg b1 every other day and it helps with converting food into energy. I can eat much larger meals and not feel tired like I used to. I used to feel sluggish at times, now I eat and (Madden voice) BOOM!

Vinpocetine by itself at 20mg 2x a day works nice for concentration. It is noticable!

There're more, but I have to eat....

But before I leave, I must say: The best overall product I've taken for focus, energy, appetite control, and mood is VPX Meltdown (new formula). Taken with 750mg DLPA and 250mg tyrosine, it is unbeatable. It rapes amphetamines (they suck) and you have energy when you need it. You can also sleep fine at night after dosing it 2x daily.

Also, PEA-hordenine sucks IMO. It's a weak high with a huge crash for me. It's awful. Meltdown has methyl-PEA and methyl-hordenine which I can almost guarantee are the culprits for the great effects (nootropic-wise). It has a strong motivational onset and a smooth long-lasting energy that tapers off.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everything? I'll list some nice aminos too, even though they're popularly sold everywhere. Some are underrated.

Alpha GPC - Gave me better sleep at night. After a day of taking it I had a clearer train of thought and the effects tapered off.

Aniracetam - 500mg = nothing noticable continuously taken 2x a day for a few days, but I felt anxious after taking a gram serving.

Phosphatidyl Serine (spelled right?) - 500 mg before and 500mg after workout = very nice focus, clarity, and cort control.

Theanine - Even keeled @ 300mg, 500mg was actually good to reduce some effects of a VERY strong stim (Unique Nutrition Brand)

Tyramine - It gave ME a funky reaction. My pupils were fully dialated and I felt like I was pissed at everyone.

Tyrosine - 1000mg is a clean 'lift', 2000mg will replace a cup of coffee without the jitters. 4000+ causes me to shake.

DLPA - Amazing stuff. Great for appetite control, depression, and mood. Keep it at 500mg-750mg 2 or 3 times a day. Don't get stupid and go nuts.

Relora - Great for a couple months. Nothing could really bother me. Then $#!+ kept getting worse and I didn't bother fixing it fast enough and I ramped up the dose from 750 a day to 1500mg a day. I felt sedated at that dose for the most part. I stopped it at once and BOOM; Crash.

Agmatine (Blueprint) - Nice neurotransmitter for controlling pain. I felt little to no pain doing heavy weight.

Bacopa - Subtle anti-anxiety effects. Good for extended durational use.

Chocamine - For me it gave smooth energy until it tapered off and then I'd nap if I didn't dose it again. With anything that causes euphoria, I will stay away from. The feeling that it was there and now it's gone, is not very pleasant.

Venom Hyperdrive (version 1) - Took 1 cap per day for 5 days and I swear on my life that it screwed up my food preferences and my appetite for 3 months. I wrote ALRI several times with no response, but then Raven was kind enough to hook me up a few years later. I swear that there was something in the original that was screwing everyone up MAJORLY.

GHB - Instant anti-depressant/anti-anxiety. Gives me energy, motivation, euphoria, tolerance to b/s, and more endurance. At higher doses of course, it knocks me out and when I wake up from the dopamine surge, I'm nauseas and alert.

GBL - Quicker onset and longer lasting than GHB, but the taste will make you want to throw up last years lunch.

GABOB - Mild sedative (pGHt).

Glucuronolactone - By itself it did nothing unless it was dosed at 3 grams and it gave me some feelings of well-being. With other stims that tend to cause peripheral side effects, it helped ease the 'rollercoaster' effect.

Yerba Mate` - Best natural stimulant ever. 3-4 tea bags and you're going to have a grand ole time and a lot of 'get up and make a difference' energy. I drink 2 tea bags if it's late and I'm going out to a bar, because I can sleep after I want to wind down. It beats the feeling of wired energy drinks that jack your adrenaline. 3-4 in the morning when you're tired and don't feel like starting the day yet makes things pleasant and motivating.

Phenibut - I'll get sedated and lose the desire to stay awake. For those who would dare compare it to 'G', haha... hahaha... nevermind.

Piractem - I didn't notice much at all after dosing it for several weeks.

Rhodiola - From bulknutrition... I took a tablespoon and stirred it in water and chugged it for instead relief and I was smiling in less than 10 minutes over nothing. I've tried it in caps at 500mg 2x a day (Solaray) and it was all right, but not as good as Relora for stress relief.

Sulbutiamine - 500mg with food in the morning and I felt more chatty. 300 did nothing noticable. Spike sucks.

Modafinil - Did nothing for motivation with me. It just made me stay up and do whatever, but it did nothing to the effect of adding 'vigilance' (Provigil).

Tryptophan (500mg) or 5-HTP (100mg) - I used a couple times for sleep aids and appy suppressants. Nothing special to note. Ravers swear by 5-HTP after X, so maybe it's good for that.

Pyritinol - Didn't take it long enough to notice anything.

Ginkgo/Huperzine-A/Vinpocetine combo - Nice combo for clarity! Natural energy and clarity.

Thiamine - Very underrated vitamin. I take a B-complex with 50mgs already in it and 300mg b1 every other day and it helps with converting food into energy. I can eat much larger meals and not feel tired like I used to. I used to feel sluggish at times, now I eat and (Madden voice) BOOM!

Vinpocetine by itself at 20mg 2x a day works nice for concentration. It is noticable!

There're more, but I have to eat....

But before I leave, I must say: The best overall product I've taken for focus, energy, appetite control, and mood is VPX Meltdown (new formula). Taken with 750mg DLPA and 250mg tyrosine, it is unbeatable. It rapes amphetamines (they suck) and you have energy when you need it. You can also sleep fine at night after dosing it 2x daily.

Also, PEA-hordenine sucks IMO. It's a weak high with a huge crash for me. It's awful. Meltdown has methyl-PEA and methyl-hordenine which I can almost guarantee are the culprits for the great effects (nootropic-wise). It has a strong motivational onset and a smooth long-lasting energy that tapers off.
thanks for posting your experiences. Ive done many of these in supplements.

Pea/Hordenine-I agree with your experience completely it does suck and not worth it IMHO.

Sulbutamine-I did this for a couple months strait. three months I think. I forgot what it does it connects Mad receptors ..(where you recall info that already was or something like that) anyways I noticed my ability to just not even concentrate on talking it just free flowed.

Venom Hyperdrive 3.0-Sorry to hear . I did it and it I wotn do it again

Stimulant X- way too strong for me.

Geranium-pretty smooth , worked nice for me. and overall a nice stack for fat loss.

Clear edge-very nice( dont think its made anymore, it was subtle because the ingredients were so low)

Alcar- I took this for two years strait! with no choline(granted I got some cholline in diet and probally not enough) I had headaches sometimes while taking this.

Piractam-This worked well for me. Complex is the word and the ability to just get my work done is what I remember.I also beleive this messed with gaba levels

Gaba did this for two years every night. works very well

L-theanine relaxing again good point good with stims

L-tryosine your right on the money with this.

L-typtophan- Works great for me. I wake up feeling so good. remember for it to be maximum effective take it on its own (maybe with b6) I take mine with b6 for better absorption. You cannot take it with anything else except carbs or it wonr be effective because all other aaa's are competing with it.(same is similar true with L glut)

Last but not least remember ever body s different what effects you may not effect m,e the same and visa because we all have different serotonin , gaba, noreph, dopamine, etc levels

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

Pea/Hordenine-I agree with your experience completely it does suck and not worth it IMHO.

Sulbutamine-I did this for a couple months strait. three months I think. I forgot what it does it connects Mad receptors ..(where you recall info that already was or something like that) anyways I noticed my ability to just not even concentrate on talking it just free flowed.

Geranium-pretty smooth , worked nice for me. and overall a nice stack for fat loss.

Clear edge-very nice( dont think its made anymore, it was subtle because the ingredients were so low)

Alcar- I took this for two years strait! with no choline(granted I got some cholline in diet and probally not enough) I had headaches sometimes while taking this.

Piractam-This worked well for me. Complex is the word and the ability to just get my work done is what I remember.I also beleive this messed with gaba levels

L-typtophan- Works great for me. I wake up feeling so good. remember for it to be maximum effective take it on its own (maybe with b6) I take mine with b6 for better absorption. You cannot take it with anything else except carbs or it wonr be effective because all other aaa's are competing with it.(same is similar true with L glut)

Last but not least remember ever body s different what effects you may not effect m,e the same and visa because we all have different serotonin , gaba, noreph, dopamine, etc levels
Hey Smeton, how long did you notice the effects of sulbutiamine for? How did you dose it and did it's effects die off? I have been having better results with straight-up b1.

Yeah, the PEA/Hord combo IMO serves no purpose for bodybuilding, strength enhancement, health or diet purposes. I am almost for certain that methyl-PEA/methyl-hordenine is a true 'mellow euphoric' combo. It is almost like deprenyl, but with a touch of 'chocamine-like' euphoria.

Stimulant X was too strong. Version 1 I mean. I would take 1 or 2 in the morning and it fried my CNS and destroyed my immune system within 5 days of consecutive use. It served no purpose for fatloss as I saw it, because you couldn't effectively exercise on it unless you really pu$sy the sets due to blood pressure, and it would only allow for a few consecutive days dosing.

I find the racetams ineresting and useful for short term, but I've read some reports about their potential to alter the rate at which certain neurons fire and the uptake of certain neurotransmitters... only if dosed daily for a while.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how long did you notice the effects of sulbutiamine for? How did you dose it and did it's effects die off? I have been having better results with straight-up b1.

I find the racetams ineresting and useful for short term, but I've read some reports about their potential to alter the rate at which certain neurons fire and the uptake of certain neurotransmitters... only if dosed daily for a while.
Force of Green,

I noticed the effects of Sulbutiamine the first day i took it. A slightly buzzed feeling. I have dosed it for three or four months everyday took a couple months a break than used it another month. I think i was an original tester (I have an old thread on it) Dsade allowed me to test it before it was released.

Did the results die off? Yes the Sulbutamine buzz did die off; however the effect it had on my neuron's is there and I think it did me good dosing it for this long.

I think you are onto something with the long time dosing.Smart drugs are an interest and if you can really make yourself smarter by taking these drugs than ill do it. and I don't mean that you can make yourself smarter of course you have to put in the work. Although, if these "smart drugs" can make neurons fire faster which enable you to learn better than I'm all for them. Am I skeptical? I'm skeptical of many things intill I see research by well know research companies like PUBMED or Relmed(I don't even know if thats how the site is spelled, its a legit site with no B.s. studies) Piractam has been around since the 70's and research does show that peoples brain activity became genius to what they were tested before it.I'm thinking of finishing my big bottle of this stuff.(maybe doing a log on it if I don't have any more logs, which is unlikely at least for the next couple months)

I use to look for euphoria enhancing compounds that is why in fact i bought Pea. now I don't even bother because I'm all about bodybuilding enhancing and smart learning enhancement.

Neuron

Neuron

Awards
I used Piracetam maybe a month for studies. Seemed to be smarter on it doing more complex things. is this what it is supposed to do? More complex things? so I don't have a lot of experience with Piracetam. I do have a good bit left

O take choline with Piracetam
Piracetam like most racetams has several effects on the brain and cardiovascular system. Generally supporting various aspects of cognitive health. Oxiracetam or Aniracetam is usually more potent.

Neuron

Neuron

Awards

You may want to try PEA with a clinically proven MAO-B inhibitor like deprenyl. Or just deprenyl by itself. It's quite effective for most people to enhance motivation.

My trials:

Deprenyl: 5-10 mg potent mood boost, more mental energy (I can take up all night easily if I take it late in the evening), motivation like crazy (within an hour or so I always start doing things I've been putting off), and increased sex drive.

PEA 1-2 Grams a mild lift that lasts a few hours nice during workouts for that extra non stimulant boost.

Sulbutiamine 600-1,200 mg my eyes open up pretty wide and just a nice pick me up physical and mentally.

Hydergine 4.5 mg my brain just feels more active.

Theanine 1-1.5 grams very nice relaxing effect like GHB for the first day or so then more mild.

Picamilon 300 mg I feel very focused.

Huperzine A 400 mcg I feel like I have total recall.

Pyritinol 1,200 mg at once or higher works anything else does nothing. I just like to listen to music or do 5 times at once. Feels like a RAM upgrade.

Bromocriptine Did not like at all.

Centrophenoxine 1-2 grams very potent mental stimulant.

Idebenone 360 mg I've never felt so mentally clear. Anything less does nothing.

L-DOPA 250-500 mg nice mood boost and some focus.

Vasopressin 2 squirts was a nice add on when studying.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You may want to try PEA with a clinically proven MAO-B inhibitor like deprenyl. Or just deprenyl by itself. It's quite effective for most people to enhance motivation.

My trials:

Deprenyl: 5-10 mg potent mood boost, more mental energy (I can take up all night easily if I take it late in the evening), motivation like crazy (within an hour or so I always start doing things I've been putting off), and increased sex drive.

PEA 1-2 Grams a mild lift that lasts a few hours nice during workouts for that extra non stimulant boost.

Sulbutiamine 600-1,200 mg my eyes open up pretty wide and just a nice pick me up physical and mentally.

Hydergine 4.5 mg my brain just feels more active.

Theanine 1-1.5 grams very nice relaxing effect like GHB for the first day or so then more mild.

Picamilon 300 mg I feel very focused.

Huperzine A 400 mcg I feel like I have total recall.

Pyritinol 1,200 mg at once or higher works anything else does nothing. I just like to listen to music or do 5 times at once. Feels like a RAM upgrade.

Bromocriptine Did not like at all.

Centrophenoxine 1-2 grams very potent mental stimulant.

Idebenone 360 mg I've never felt so mentally clear. Anything less does nothing.

L-DOPA 250-500 mg nice mood boost and some focus.

Vasopressin 2 squirts was a nice add on when studying.
thanks for the ideas

chuckisnutz

Awards
My main concern is that there is so much to try out. You can't just buy a 7 day trial of picamilon or piracetam, you have to buy like a month or so worth. If there was a way we could sample stuff, that would be fantastic. does anybody know of any online retailers that would do that? Or even sell a bunch of 1 week trails for various nootropics?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
My main concern is that there is so much to try out. You can't just buy a 7 day trial of picamilon or piracetam, you have to buy like a month or so worth. If there was a way we could sample stuff, that would be fantastic. does anybody know of any online retailers that would do that? Or even sell a bunch of 1 week trails for various nootropics?
It would be absolutely pointless to do less than a month. The benefits are cumulative, rather than acute. Some acute actions may occur with picamilon, but the real testimony lies in the benefits that manifest with continued use.

Last edited:
Neuron

Neuron

Awards
It would be absolutely pointless to do less than a month. The benefits are cumulative, rather than acute. Some acute actions may occur with picamilon, but the real testimony lies in the benefits that manifest with continued use.
Exactly.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Piracetam is a derivative of gaba. thats why it causes slight inhibitory effects

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Umm no. It has no effect on the GABA system.
What son?

The GABAergic system of the dentate gyrus after withdrawal from chronic alcohol consumption: Effects of intracerebral grafting and putative neuroprotective agents

Alcohol and Alcoholism (United Kingdom), 1997, 32/4 (471-484)

We have demonstrated that, in the rat hippocampal formation, withdrawal from chronic alcohol consumption aggravates the ethanol-induced loss of pyramidal neurons and dentate granule cells. We have also shown that intracerebral grafting and piracetam could have a protective effect in these conditions. In this study we utilized immunocytochemical methods to investigate whether gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)ergic dentate gyrus cells, which are known to be inhibitory, were also affected by withdrawal from alcohol and, if so, whether putative neuroprotective agents could ameliorate the alterations found. Rats were alcohol-fed for 6 months and further divided into several groups: (1) alcohol-fed for an extra 6 months; (2) withdrawn from alcohol for 6 months; (3) withdrawn and grafted with newborn rat hippocampal tissue; (4) withdrawn and orally treated with piracetam for 6 months; (5) withdrawn and treated systemically with monosialoganglioside GM1 for 6 months; (6) withdrawn and treated with the vehicle used to dissolve the GM1. Control animals were pair-fed. All animals were killed 12 months after the beginning of the experiment and processed for GABA immunocytochemistry. GABA-immunoreactive (IR) neurons in the dentate gyrus were quantified and we found that alcohol-fed animals had a significant reduction in the numerical profile density of GABA-IR neurons in the dentate gyrus as a whole and in the hilus and in the granular layer of the suprapyramidal limb. Withdrawal from alcohol aggravated the GABAergic neuronal loss. Of the treatments used, only piracetam had a striking beneficial effect. Data gathered from the present work and from our previous studies indicate that the neuronal loss following chronic alcohol consumption and withdrawal affects both excitatory and inhibitory neurons in the dentate gyrus and that piracetam may have a useful protective role in this condition.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have mine capped and ready to go. Don't know when ill get to logging it as I'm running so many things right now.

Neuron

Neuron

Awards
What son?

Hello boy

Note it does not effect GABA receptors or GABA levels in the brain. Hence does not effect the GABA system.

All you posted is it protects the brain from alcohol induced damage.

Stick with lifting weights.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Piracetam, a derivative of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) so yes it does effect gaba levels indirectly. Not as high as gaba and with enough that you feel a mild gaba effect.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Piracetam, a derivative of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) so yes it does effect gaba levels indirectly. Not as high as gaba and with enough that you feel a mild gaba effect.
That Neuron guy was absolutely, very fresh in his tone.

Very fresh tone Neuron.

And, I'll lift weights and continue to post intelligently my friend :) :dance:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got mine capped and ready to go. Just don't know when ill get around to taking it. Im taking so many supplements currently.

Do you mean he was right on piracetam not effecting gaba receptors?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I got mine capped and ready to go. Just don't know when ill get around to taking it. Im taking so many supplements currently.

Do you mean he was right on piracetam not effecting gaba receptors?
No, he's not right. It does have affinity for GABA-B receptors. He just likes arguing.