prescribed wellbutrin not sure about taking it

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    ahh crap, I had forgotten that I had posted in this thread before.

    Wellbutrin for me is ok. I was happier on effexor, but I did not like the sides, nor did I like missing a dose. It was insane. Wellbutrin is enough for me to take off the edge, but I think I may get more worked up about certain things. I take ativan at times when I get like this...which isn't tooo often. Ativan is addictive, but if taken very rarely, shouldn't be. Phenibut's proven to be good for me as well, especially to relax at night.

    I'm also looking forward to starting TRT in the next few months. I am almost positive this is what has been causing my depression that I've also let go unchecked for several years. It was stupid of me to have never had a physical or hormonal bloodwork done on myself until I turned 30. I have needlessly been living with depression, etc for years and years, and have used other things to patch symptoms of low test. I think I got away with it for so long because my test is not extremely low. It's in the low normal range. I don't want to feel even borderline though...and it is definately affecting my quality of life. I've just been too stubborn to do much about it for so long, and ignored my health for too long.

    whats sides did you experience from effexor?


  2. While on effexor: majorly delayed ejaculation. Half of the time it was impossible to.

    While missing a dose: major withdrawl symptoms, jolts (hard to describe - like an electrical feeling, like a 'firing' pulse) and 'brain zaps' that were also similar to the electrical pulse. Extreme dizziness and sense of displacement, basically unable to function when missing a dose. This also lasted when I got off the med, even though I tapered down. I had to do an herbal detox and stay in for 2 weeks, except for work (which is a desk job).
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    whats sides did you experience from effexor?
    I was on Effexor for almost two years.

    Turns you into an emotional zombie. Weird, displaced feeling, a lot of the time. General lack of caring in general(not the good kind.) Damned hard to ejaculate, your unit will give up before you do. Makes you REALLY sensitive to any other drugs, OTC and otherwise(it is a psychotropic, it'll enhance anything else you take to an uncomfortable level). Coming off the stuff is living hell, even when tapering down. They've actually started prescribing anti-depressants to people tapering off the stuff, that's how bad it is.

    Now, it is the end all, be all of last resort anti-depressant/anxiety meds, and can be a life-saver, litterally. Everyone I've met that's been on it, hated it. No one that I know that's taken it will ever take it again.

    Oh, I was on 450mg for most of the time I was on it.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    Have you or your wife checked out http://74.50.8.219/?
    Unfortunately she passed away several years ago.

    She never had any seizures prior to taking WB or any medical conditions other than being a smoker with an abnormal PAP test which prompted prescribing the WB.

    Fortunately I don't smoke cigs or need prescription anti-depressants.

    Effexor is nasty with sides for many. I dated someone that was taking it and I can remember the zaps she experienced trying to come off it.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    Everyone I've met that's been on it, hated it. No one that I know that's taken it will ever take it again.
    .
    I was on 150mg and felt amazing on it. To be honest I never wanted to stop taking it. At the time, the sexual sides were worth it, I felt like a machine in all other aspects of my life. I never felt like an emotional zombie, never had solemnence that people report on anti-depressants, and I became more active than ever, to the point where I took on too much in my life....which led to something pretty bad..

    I started hating it when I had my first and last panic attack ever, and read that effexor can cause major panic attacks. That, and the sexual sides made me want to finally stop it and try to deal with depression in other ways. That's when I started to hate it, when coming off of it. Before that I must say, I completely loved the drug but felt I should have also had some councilling to go with it and not have used it as a crutch for so long. Since then I've also discovered that my depression/anxiety was almost more than likely linked to low testosterone levels.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I was on 150mg and felt amazing on it. To be honest I never wanted to stop taking it. At the time, the sexual sides were worth it, I felt like a machine in all other aspects of my life. I never felt like an emotional zombie, never had solemnence that people report on anti-depressants, and I became more active than ever, to the point where I took on too much in my life....which led to something pretty bad..

    I started hating it when I had my first and last panic attack ever, and read that effexor can cause major panic attacks. That, and the sexual sides made me want to finally stop it and try to deal with depression in other ways. That's when I started to hate it, when coming off of it. Before that I must say, I completely loved the drug but felt I should have also had some councilling to go with it and not have used it as a crutch for so long. Since then I've also discovered that my depression/anxiety was almost more than likely linked to low testosterone levels.
    Dude, that's awesome that it worked well for you, and you didn't get all the weirdness. Glad to hear that it isn't always bad, and that you got your **** straightened out. The med-go-round can go on forever sometimes.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    Dude, that's awesome that it worked well for you, and you didn't get all the weirdness. Glad to hear that it isn't always bad, and that you got your **** straightened out. The med-go-round can go on forever sometimes.

    Well hopefully I can get it straightened out. Still on wellbutrin and occasional atavan, and phenibut as well. I'm hoping TRT will deal with some of the problems

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Higher dose EPA/DHA around a total of 6 grams per day taken with meals in 2 divided dosages.

    Shown to be as effective for depression/anxiety as SSRI's and the like.

    Read this article on Wellbutrin and you'll see it can be quite useful.

    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/an...vick/bupropion
    Pure EPA without DHA is clinically effective at 1-2 grams daily.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Starting epistane soon and not sure about my PCT
    By Afrochowder in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 10:57 PM
  2. Not Sure About Tamoxifen Citrate Concentration...
    By dsw222 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 05:50 PM
  3. Stem lite (Not sure how to spell it) shine the light on me
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 11:52 PM
  4. Do you only take it because its legal/or not
    By brittishbulldog in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Log in
Log in