Prozac users.....

tek

Awards
i was considering to take Prozac. for the past couple months i have been really depress. at times its hard. came off a long cycle =/ so that may have something to do with it. anyone else taking this on here ?

PurduePharmD

Awards
We sell probably 60-70 prozac prescriptions a week! A very popular and effective antidepressant. I am taking Lexapro, different SSRI because it has more anticholinergic effects, which also helps with my GAD or generalized anxiety disorder.

Fluoxetine (prozac) is a great antidepressant for people that get "typical" depression symptoms. Depression can either manifest as overeating and oversleeping or insomnia and not eating. Those two categories summarize the most basic reactions people have to depression. If you feel "down" all the time, then fluoxetine is the first antidepressant I would recommend.

It can take up to 6 weeks to obtain the maximum effect, most people will see results within 2 to 3 weeks. My only advice would be to take it every day, not only on the days taht you feel depressed.

Rx Lift

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We sell probably 60-70 prozac prescriptions a week! A very popular and effective antidepressant. I am taking Lexapro, different SSRI because it has more anticholinergic effects, which also helps with my GAD or generalized anxiety disorder.

Fluoxetine (prozac) is a great antidepressant for people that get "typical" depression symptoms. Depression can either manifest as overeating and oversleeping or insomnia and not eating. Those two categories summarize the most basic reactions people have to depression. If you feel "down" all the time, then fluoxetine is the first antidepressant I would recommend.

It can take up to 6 weeks to obtain the maximum effect, most people will see results within 2 to 3 weeks. My only advice would be to take it every day, not only on the days taht you feel depressed.
One of the advantages of Lexapro is that it LACKS anticholinergic activity, this is the reason people do not get paxil-d*ck while on it.

Prozac has modest anticholinergic activity so it may be useful if your problems are being caused by an imbalance in parasympathetic/sympathetic tone. For your sake, tek, I would recommend getting blood work done to see where your testosterone levels stand, as that can be the primary cause of your depression.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I've been switched from 40mg of Prozac a couple weeks ago to this.. feel the same.

Neuron

Neuron

Awards
i was considering to take Prozac. for the past couple months i have been really depress. at times its hard. came off a long cycle =/ so that may have something to do with it. anyone else taking this on here ?
I would avoid SSRI's and go with a SSRA instead.