Primatene

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
I looked through the OTC forum and didnt see any threads on this. I know the idea has been bantered around but I wanted to start a thread on it.

I went out and bought some Bronkaid today but I wanted to know if there was a way to get Ephedrine OTC in a product without an expectorant?

Has anyone used Primatene Mist for an ephedrine boost? I would think it would make a nice pre workout item, but I dont know if its effective.

I feel so ripped off!! I have spent SO much money trying to get Ephedra tablets, but it is less than a visit to the doctor I guess. And then I find out I can get the same potency OTC.... At least I found out now! And Bronkaid and Primatine show up in meth tests dont they?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've not used that brand - but similar stuff.

I don't know of pure ephedrine anywhere but D&E (website). It's more expensive though - but may be worth it.

I don't think (but am not sure) ephedrine will show up as anything.

A

amicold

Awards
They can cause false positives for amphetamines on drug tests.

terracotta

terracotta

Awards
They can cause false positives for amphetamines on drug tests.
Yes they can. If you are going to take them, and will get drug tested, tell them you've been taking the bronkaid (even bring in the empty bottle if you have to). I know a lot of people use alternative fat burners to avoid this issue all together.

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Yes they can. If you are going to take them, and will get drug tested, tell them you've been taking the bronkaid (even bring in the empty bottle if you have to). I know a lot of people use alternative fat burners to avoid this issue all together.
Thanks, I guess I will save it til after I have secured a new job.

PS: What do you say when this happens, just "ive been using Primatene" or whatever and they let you off??

terracotta

terracotta

Awards
Thanks, I guess I will save it til after I have secured a new job.

PS: What do you say when this happens, just "ive been using Primatene" or whatever and they let you off??
I'm not sure. If it was me, I'd mention to the employer that I would like to take primatene which contains ephedrine, and ask whether that will be an issue. But obviously not for a new job.. too risky.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ephedrine is no longer legally sold without an expectorant and Primatene inhalers don't contain epherdrine. The inhalers are epinepherine and the FDA is talking about pulling those b/c they use CFCs as a dispensing mechansim.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Psuedophed (sp?) tablets are a reasonable alternative, I've used it for years. The inconvenient part is you can only buy so many at a time so the meth-heads can't use it to make speed. You need to show ID and sign for it with the pharmacist.

Personally, I wouldn't use an inhaler just for the epi, seems like it could screw up your lungs. Watch your blood pressure with this stuff, follow directions on the pkg.

DB