Zantac

  1. Zantac


    Anyone here every used it? How much did it help with ur acid reflux? Did u have any kind of side effects while using?


  2. It's ok. Tagmet is my heartburn medication of choice. I used to get heartburn really bad when I was in highschool. I'm a sucker for spicy foods.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  3. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    It's ok. Tagmet is my heartburn medication of choice. I used to get heartburn really bad when I was in highschool. I'm a sucker for spicy foods.
    I saw that too. I thought about picking it up, but my wife said this would be better. Side effects are pretty rare with these products correct? IE throwing up lol I haven't done that since I was 7 and have a fear of it. Weird I know.
    •   
       


  4. Side effects are pretty rare (I've never had any issues). Just lowers/buffers stomach acid. Unlike Tums (or other calcium carbonate anti-acids) these actually work!
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  5. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Side effects are pretty rare (I've never had any issues). Just lowers/buffers stomach acid. Unlike Tums (or other calcium carbonate anti-acids) these actually work!
    Right on I figured they were rare. Thanks for the info Sinner!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan1 View Post
    I saw that too. I thought about picking it up, but my wife said this would be better. Side effects are pretty rare with these products correct? IE throwing up lol I haven't done that since I was 7 and have a fear of it. Weird I know.

    Actually works great. It works by lowering the production of stomach acid (type 2 histamine blocker).

    I take it when im bulking (dont take it with your supps as it lowers the absorbtion rate) and If I consume alot of food, or when I have "gas" from ingesting milk (which im intolerant to).

    Both cause my intestines to expand, pushing my stomach up, and creating heartburn.

    This med works great with no side effects, however DO NOT take it every day for long periods as its effectibility will be reduced.

    I suggest as a when needed (like after a big meal if you know your going to get heartburn) and I would suggest finding the cause if this is a daily thing.

    - Dan (mashed potato fanatic)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Zantac and Gyno?!
    By jweave23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Log in
Log in