Antihistamines on cycle

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I read somewhere that antihistamines are dangerous when taken with anabolics. I don't see why this would be knowing that antihistamines are not liver toxic. Anyway, if anyone can direct me to some info I would greatly appreciate it, being that I'm on cycle, and my allergies are flairing up.

azr101

azr101

Awards
Blood pressure is one thing I can think of. Don't want to blow a head gasket, that may not be a problem with you though, but my blood pressure is always high normal.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Antihistimines have anti-cholernergic effects on the body...which basically means they shut down the bodies Parasympathetic Nervous System.....basically your body doesnt fight back naturally....therefor the anabolic might have too much leeway to run different courses then it is meant to when your body puts up a natural counterbalance to it..

In the medical world we are seeing Opiate abusers take high amounts of Benedryl to intensify thier high because the anti-cholernegic effects shut down the bodies natural fight and the drug wins x10

This might be the reason why

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Wait, benadryl is bad on cycle? I've been using it to sleep....

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As stated above, taking antihistamines with opiate drugs will significantly potentiate the opiates overall effects. This method is used often in medicine today as you're able to give a smaller amount of the actual opiate itself while yielding an increased opioid effect for the user. Antihistamines act as both a histamine antagonist and an anticholinergic(block the action of acetylcholine: a neurotransmitter involved in memory, learning, and blood vessel control:via parasympathetic inhibition)

Lilpsychotic where did you read this info that you're claiming? I myself have never read any material/studies that support that. Given an antihistamines anticholinergic effects(mainly parasympathetic system inhibition which is associated with 1st generation antihistamines such as benadryl)It can cause an increased heart rate and blood pressure. So i guess this may be your concern, however 2nd generation antihistamines such as (claritin or loratadine) have shown a greater affinity for the histamine type 1 receptors than for cholinergic receptors. This means less of a peripheral anticholinergic effect/parasympathetic inhibition effect. In other words less parasympathetic inhibition means the body can maintain a normal heart rate and blood pressure through the sympathetic/parasympathetic counter balance response. I've heard of antihistamines such as ketotifen(most commonly) used to upregulate beta-2-receptors that clenbuterol downregulates.

Here's a quick little chart demonstrating the nervous systems sympathetic/parasympathetic responses:

Sympathetic: Parasympathetic:
(Stress, Fight/Flight) (opposite response)

Heart Rate: Increased Decreased
Coronary Arteries: Dilate Constrict
Blood Pressure: Increase Decrease
Bronchioles: Dilate Constrict
Respiratory Secretions: Decrease Increase
Pupil: Dilate Constrict
Skin Blood Flow: Decrease Increase
Secretions: Decrease Increase
Sweating: Increase Decrease
Blood Glucose: Increase Decrease

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trauma...any response to the claim of reduced immune response during cycle that might definitely support the idea that Benedryl should be avoided during cycle?

Specifically a clen/AAS cycle.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trauma...any response to the claim of reduced immune response during cycle that might definitely support the idea that Benedryl should be avoided during cycle?

Specifically a clen/anabolic steroids cycle.
Hey bro, It really depends what type of anabolic steroid that you're using. Anabolic steroids like test have been shown in studies to decrease the immune response, however deca has shown to increase an immune response. Many of these studies i've read show conflicting info on the amount of actual immuno- suppression from anabolic steroid use in general(no matter what you're using). I will say that the amount taken and length of use have shown to be the major contributing factor as to the risk/amount of actual immuno-suppression. I myself have never read any hard evidence that supports avoiding antihistamine use while on cycle.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I don't notice an increased heart rate on benadryl. Seriously, I think alot of people use it on cycle to help with sleep. Oh well I'll just go with melatonin + l-theanine tonight. Soon I'll be getting some abyss.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't notice an increased heart rate on benadryl. Seriously, I think alot of people use it on cycle to help with sleep. Oh well I'll just go with melatonin + l-theanine tonight. Soon I'll be getting some abyss.
Yes, i'm sure that most people who are using benadryl on cycle use it for sleep purposes. You really won't notice the anticholinergic effects(parasympathetic inhibition) of benadryl such as increased pulse or b/p unless the dose is very high. I use it once in awhile for sleep myself, and in a normal dose I don't see any truly adverse effects of taking it on cycle with anabolic steroids. I love "The Abyss" myself.....great sleep aid!:thumbsup:

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Yes, i'm sure that most people who are using benadryl on cycle use it for sleep purposes. You really won't notice the anticholinergic effects(parasympathetic inhibition) of benadryl such as increased pulse or b/p unless the dose is very high. I use it once in awhile for sleep myself, and in a normal dose I don't see any truly adverse effects of taking it on cycle with anabolic steroids. I love "The Abyss" myself.....great sleep aid!:thumbsup:
Glad your still loving ABYSS Trauma1! One thing to note, I would not mix ABYSS with Benadryl unless you are planning on sleeping for over 8 hours.

Side note...It's hard for me to say, but MAN the Gators looked tough yesterday!

Workin

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad your still loving ABYSS Trauma1! One thing to note, I would not mix ABYSS with Benadryl unless you are planning on sleeping for over 8 hours.

Side note...It's hard for me to say, but MAN the Gators looked tough yesterday!

Workin
Yeah man there is no need to mix anything with ABYSS. It's potent and very effective in itself :thumbsup: .....and yes them gators looked AWESOME yesterday!!:twisted: