Provigil (Modafinil)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. dpfisher

I've used it for shift work and changing my sleep schedule. You develop a tolerance quickly with regular use, so that the effects become shorter and shorter. It's not good as a replacement for sleep forever and you have to catch up still but if you need to be awake one more day then it's ok.

2. I have been using Modafanil for years, that and the cheaper (that doesn't work so well) Adrafanil. No side effects, and nothing but nice things to say about it. If you absolutely have to stay up past 24-Hours, or have to be effective on damn little sleep, Modafanil trumps caffeine and amphetamines. No crash, no shakes, no jitters, you just turn off that little part of the brain that keeps reminding you to sleep. I use Melatonin and Modafanil to control sleep, as needed: versus as the sun comes up or goes down. You can successfully stay awake for several days on Modafanil and still been fairly effective. Provided you adjust your diet to fuel the body accordingly of course. I love the stuff.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    Adderall is methamphetamine basically along with Ritalin.
    Aderall is a racemic mixture of amphetamine, both the dextro and levo isomer, in the xr version they use various salts and microencapsulation to prolong effects. There is prescription methamphetamine, its called desoxyn, its used to treat narcolepsy mainly, the same thing modafinil is used for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    Ritalin is slightly more like regular amphetamine though.
    Ritalin is methylphenidate, a drug that is not amphetamine or methamphetamine, but a subsituted phenylethylamine by definition.
    Either way they're AWFUL for your cardiovascular system.
    They certainly aren't sunshine and fish oils.
    Just like cocaine - if you take a hefty dose of speed (amphetamines, meth, coke) just once in your life & never again you'll still have a 80% higher chance of dying from a heart attack for the rest of your time on earth.
    where the **** did you get that information from? I'm calling bull**** fear mongering.
    Modafinal isn't too bad though. It's not a schedule II controlled substance like Adderall or Ritalin. It makes you more alert in the brain without negatively affecting your heart like amphetamines. It's also not super addictive like Adderall or Ritalin because it's not so euphoric.
    you are a complete retard. You should kill yourself for being so ignorant.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Foolish View Post
    Ritalin is methylphenidate, a drug that is not amphetamine or methamphetamine, but a subsituted phenylethylamine by definition.
    Just curious. How would this show up on a drug test?

5. haha just curious. It would most likely show up as methamphetamine since they have some similar downstream metabolites, I know that I friend of mine who takes focalin (dexmethylphenidate) tests positive for speed.
    •   

6. I consider it a weak to moderate effector on the arousal/drowsy axis. Yet its optimal use lies elsewhere. It would be interesting to see an fMRI study...I mean there is something going on with it but I don't think it is as nearly as activating of the frontal lobe as methylphenidate or amphetamine.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Modafinil (Provigil)
    By FL3X MAGNUM in forum Supplements
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 04:29 PM
  2. Provigil/Meridia/Rimonobant?
    By Mitosis in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 05:58 AM
  3. 2nd Superdrol Cycle / Provigil (Modafinil)
    By POTR33 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 12:37 PM
  4. Oral recipe for Modafinil?
    By asap nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 01:57 AM