Need an Anti-Inflammatory

  1. Question Need an Anti-Inflammatory


    We know that Ibuprofen interfers with post work out protein sythesis. Is there any anti-inflammatory that doesn't? Do all COX inhibitors have this affect? What about Celebrex?


  2. Thanks. I'm really looking for an anti-inflammatory for a shoulder problem I have. Pain isn't an issue for me.
    •   
       


  3. Try the sodium diclofenac gels. they should be site specific and are backed up by research. I wouldn't go for aspirin beacus eit ahs other effects like vasodilitaiton that are not always welcome in joint problems (especially not immediately after training). I do not want to get into it more than that.

  4. I'll check it out. Thanks...

  5. Antiinflamatory for what purpose exactly? Joints?

  6. Is this a one-time injury or a reoccuring thing? Well, I guess either way, unless you are on cycle, I'd suck it up and get a proven anti-inflamm to kill the inflammation and get it over with...If you leave it alone it usually takes two weeks or less to kill it and then it won't become a life-long nag..

  7. Hi, first post here so you can go ahead and ignore this advice if you want. Especially if you are already using fish oil, which you probably are. Anyway, for me 6 to 10 grams of the cheap stuff a day has had a huge anti-imflamatory effect on my broke ass body. I used to live on ibuprofen and haven't had to take any in months.

  8. Devil's claw root (harpagophytum procumbens) is a proven, effective natural anti-inflammatory that is without side-effects and can be taken year-round as a preventive or as a cure. Planetary Nutrition has it. You wanna dose it high though.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    Devil's claw root (harpagophytum procumbens) is a proven, effective natural anti-inflammatory that is without side-effects and can be taken year-round as a preventive or as a cure. Planetary Nutrition has it. You wanna dose it high though.
    Beat me to it! Just watch your stomach this stuff can be ruff on an empty one.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by PirateFromHell
    We know that Ibuprofen interfers with post work out protein sythesis. Is there any anti-inflammatory that doesn't? Do all COX inhibitors have this affect? What about Celebrex?

    The study that everybody thinks of when say this was done @ UC Berkley in 2001 or some **** and the subjects were given the max daily dose immediately post workout (I posted this article about 3 years ago or so here). while this dosage regimine did reduce the protein synthesis to 0% , nobody is going to take the whole days dose at one time. I have taken 200-400mg of ibuprofen 2-3 times daily with food for 2-3 weeks at times and had no problems in gaining muscle/strength.


    What I am getting at is that the super-high blood levels of the tested drugs are not what woulf normally happen with the normal dosdage of the drug. Another drug to take would be Alieve (Naproxen sodium 220mg/tab, standardized for 200mg naproxen/tab) thak 1 tablet 2 times daily with or w/o food



    I am a Corpsman (combo of Nurse/Doctor/Paramedic) in the US Navy and Pharmacology (study of drugs and their affects on the body) if a hobby of mine. I commonly see injured/wounded marines on a daily basis and sometimes school my doctor on drug knowledge (thats always fun)


    questions?

    LinkCW@1mardiv.usmc.mil
    Read This Book!!: Anabolic Steroids and the Athlete by William N. Taylor M.D.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Lifeguard
    The study that everybody thinks of when say this was done @ UC Berkley in 2001 or some **** and the subjects were given the max daily dose immediately post workout (I posted this article about 3 years ago or so here). while this dosage regimine did reduce the protein synthesis to 0% , nobody is going to take the whole days dose at one time. I have taken 200-400mg of ibuprofen 2-3 times daily with food for 2-3 weeks at times and had no problems in gaining muscle/strength.


    What I am getting at is that the super-high blood levels of the tested drugs are not what woulf normally happen with the normal dosdage of the drug. Another drug to take would be Alieve (Naproxen sodium 220mg/tab, standardized for 200mg naproxen/tab) thak 1 tablet 2 times daily with or w/o food



    I am a Corpsman (combo of Nurse/Doctor/Paramedic) in the US Navy and Pharmacology (study of drugs and their affects on the body) if a hobby of mine. I commonly see injured/wounded marines on a daily basis and sometimes school my doctor on drug knowledge (thats always fun)


    questions?

    LinkCW@1mardiv.usmc.mil
    I take 200mg morning and evening and have been gaining strength and size quicker now then any time in my life. Just don't dose it right around your workout.

  12. Ibuprofen... works all the time.. Had Celebrex once and the stuff was great but I think it has been pulled and is really expensive

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Tic
    Hi, first post here so you can go ahead and ignore this advice if you want. Especially if you are already using fish oil, which you probably are. Anyway, for me 6 to 10 grams of the cheap stuff a day has had a huge anti-imflamatory effect on my broke ass body. I used to live on ibuprofen and haven't had to take any in months.
    Good post.. I agree fish oil would be the place to start. Many benefits beyond its anti inflammatory properties.

    For shoulder problems, cissus would be hard to beat, sorted mine out in short order.

  14. Devil's claw root doesnt inhibit protein synthesis as much as other NSAIDs?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by bulls**t
    Devil's claw root doesnt inhibit protein synthesis as much as other NSAIDs?
    I'm not sure. It works and I still gain naturally, so any effect that way is only marginal.

  16. Try Evening Primrose oil, its natural and works well, you could also use a little Arnica Gel on the area, Ice it after workouts, and heat it up before workouts. follow this and you will be much happier, unless you have some very serious injury and need surgery.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    Devil's claw root (harpagophytum procumbens) is a proven, effective natural anti-inflammatory that is without side-effects and can be taken year-round as a preventive or as a cure. Planetary Nutrition has it. You wanna dose it high though.
    i've used devils claw up to as many as 10 caps a day. how many did u dose? mine was NOW foods devils claw

  18. Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    i've used devils claw up to as many as 10 caps a day. how many did u dose? mine was NOW foods devils claw
    10 a day is a good starting/maintenance dose. You can take it way up from there. Caps are notoriously WEAK though. I get liquid tincture from Kalyx and use up to 1ml ED.

  19. Cissus-rx has been working better than GH for me fwiw.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    10 a day is a good starting/maintenance dose. You can take it way up from there. Caps are notoriously WEAK though. I get liquid tincture from Kalyx and use up to 1ml ED.
    hello sir. i only buy from bulk nutrition and they don't carry this Kalyx you mentioned. anyways, i currently take devil claw with cissus. and it's still going good for my patella tendon problem.

    i can't remember how long it has been since taking it. possibly a month now. there were times when it wasn't feeling so good (the knee) when popping even 10+ cissus pills a day. but i find u just gotta stick with it. the cissus seems to heal the tendon problem to some degree over time.

  21. kalyx is a herbals shop.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 07:35 PM
  2. Do I need an anti-progestin?
    By AcuDoc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:38 PM
  3. S1+ or M1T with an anti-E during cycle?
    By spitboy2000 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 04:34 PM
  4. Do I need an estrogen blocker for after my cycle?
    By celldamaga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 01:34 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Log in
Log in