Lithium

1. Board Supporter
    Answers

Lithium

After going through bad reactions with Seroquel and Depakote I have been placed on Lithium Carbonate for Bipolar I disorder.

I have been researching all I can, and making changes in my diet and supplement usage in hopes of keeping unwanted side effects to a minimum.

In three weeks I will be getting a blood panel for lithium level as well as BUN/Creatinine, and full thyroid panel.

I'm paticularly concerened about negative effects on my TSH levels.

If indeed the lithium is raising/lowering these levels are there any supplements I can take to combat this?

Also I can't find any information as to interactions between the lithium and anabolics.. I assume there could be added kidney stress from using these together.

Any info on other possible reactions between lithium and PH/PS/AAS, or any personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

I don't know about the toxology. You may want to consider the Psychological and sociological effects. I believe that Mike Tyson equates alot of his behavior to combinations of Lithium and steroids.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    I don't know about the toxology. You may want to consider the Psychological and sociological effects. I believe that Mike Tyson equates alot of his behavior to combinations of Lithium and steroids.
    and just being a piece of ****, wife beater.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Answers

I was on lithium + depakote for about 5 years. I found it to be a pretty nasty drug combo. I was a zombie the entire period and they both are toxic to the CNS so you shake all the time; you can't hold your hands steady. However, I was not using any AAS then.

Besides liver issues, I don't think you'll have any issues with AAS. In fact, lithium might eliminate many of the anxiety/depression issues many have with AAS. But take my advice with a grain of salt, I'm not a trained expert.

I know someone else who is Bipolar 1, with a long history of many manic episodes, all of which including delusional thoughts, and she has done great for 8 years now on xanax alone. She takes .5mg each morning and 1.5mg each evening. She says the past 8 years have been the best of her life, in this regard.

Good luck with everything.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lithium Orotate
    By stan08 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 09:31 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
  3. Lithium helps you live longer
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 11:46 AM