Seroquel?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I would stay away from this drug.Someone posted that it's not addictive.Bull****.It's very addictive.I know someone that was taking 700mg for bipolar and ran out of the med and got very sick.So yes you can get physically addicted to this drug.There's also bad side effects.Weight gain,violent mood swings......do I have to go on?
    Someone who is Bipolar needs their medications, they're not addicted to them.

Seroquel is a great sleep-aid. non-addictive, no hangover. Just find the right dosage for you. I take 25 mg a night.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  125 lbs.

I am prescribed 600 mg a night, before bed, for Bipolar. I actually don't take that much anymore. I have lowered the dose down, to 150 to 300. I did this by cutting back about 50 mg a month with no problems. I wish I didn't have to take it, but before I started it I was never able to sleep right in my life. I could stay up 20 hours straight with no caffeine! I finally had enough and went to a doc and told her that I was exercising 2-4 hours a day with the hopes of being able to fall asleep that night, and maybe get 4-5 hours of sleep. I guess it has something to due with a serotonin depletion in the brain caused by a chemical imbalance. The people who said they took seroquel and slept 15 or more hours probably don't need it. When I was taking 600, I would go to bed and wake up exactly 8 hours later, feeling refreshed and ready to climb mountains.
  3. ktw

It seems to me like the idea is to eat a balance before you exercise and rehydrate as necessary according to how you feel. Much simpler than I thought before. Thanks for posting the studies.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

I obtained a few 300 mg pills of them and crushed them. When I take 25mg for sleep, they totally knock me out. I do things like turn my alarm clock off and fall back to sleep.

If you're tripping on mushrooms, LSD or something like 2ce and you want to trip to end, they work well for that too.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

This is a serious medication. I took it once when I was younger hopeing to get a "high" off of it. I would never take it again all it make you do is want to sleep. If it works for you go for it but I would be cautious with this one
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    7'6"  2 lbs.

I was put on this medication back in july of '08 as well as an anti-depressant. the seroquel was mainly for my "insomnia." My doctor started me off at 50mgs which is the average dose for most people (50-100mg) but for some reason I don't respond to it and now I am at 350mgs every night. Everyone I seem to tell the dose to looks at me like i am crazy but i really do need that high of a dose for it to be effective, doesnt make sense
  7. Registered User

Seroquel and p-plex

Ive been on seroquel (100mg) for about 2 months now for mania/bipolar. Best thing to happen to my life for as long as I can remember! Has anyone taken a ph with this drug before? I am trying to research as much as possible before I dive in. I don't want a negative interaction with the two. I also take prozac at 40mg/day and have taken mdrol with that drug without any problems.
    Any feedback on this? I don't want posts of how old are you, etc. I am looking at this probably about six months from now. This will be my third ph cycle. But my first since the start of seroquel.
    I may just have to get rid of my pplex if I find too many negative things about the two interacting. Screw those online lawyer sites too. I have read a lot of them. By the look of it, the economy sucks and everyone needs to make money somehow. Thanks for your input.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

I was on seroquel for a year for schizophrenia and was the best antipsychotic that worked for me. After a year I quit cold turkey ( up to 800 mg 1 400 morn, 1 at night ) and to my surprise BOOM! I felt 100% better without it. Went through a gnarly week of withdrawals w/ flu like symptoms and acheness but it's over now. Def. got me through the toughest times of my schizo & eliminated the suicidal thoughts. It's hella expensive so I've switched to herbs like Relora, holy basil, st johns wort, tyrosine, a multi, fish oil, diim, and cycles of Erase. Be careful with anti psyches; psychiatrists won't hesitate to prescribe you an ever increasing concoction of meds. Doin fine now Btw, still have symptoms but it's part of my life and doesn't bother me nearly like it used to.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ken25 View Post
    Ive been on seroquel (100mg) for about 2 months now for mania/bipolar. Best thing to happen to my life for as long as I can remember! Has anyone taken a ph with this drug before? I am trying to research as much as possible before I dive in. I don't want a negative interaction with the two. I also take prozac at 40mg/day and have taken mdrol with that drug without any problems.
    Any feedback on this? I don't want posts of how old are you, etc. I am looking at this probably about six months from now. This will be my third ph cycle. But my first since the start of seroquel.
    I may just have to get rid of my pplex if I find too many negative things about the two interacting. Screw those online lawyer sites too. I have read a lot of them. By the look of it, the economy sucks and everyone needs to make money somehow. Thanks for your input.
    o ya and ken25, don't you experience lethargy and lack of motivation with your condition? If you don't that's great! but if you do why even go down the PH route? I think eating more and lifting heavier w/ less reps would be a better alternative because If you suppress your natty t and don't pct correctly, low t & psychotic problems are a recipe for guaranteed hell on earth. Just my .02 cents
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FOCUS View Post
    Anyone have any personal experience and or knowledge of this medication?

I had never heard of it prior to my being prescribed it today and the list of sides on webMd has me leary to say the least.

Any input of any kind, including supplement interactions and possible alternatives would be greatly appreciated.
    it's an antipsychotic. it's no good if you're going to be lifting. i'd advise to stay clear of it unless you're psychotic and legitimately need it prescribed. it's used off label as a sleep in which case i'd rather use melatonin.

it'll up your glucose levels, make you gain some fat, make you feel like a zombie, and one hell of a dysphoric drug.

don't take it... even if you're psychotic i'd go with abilify or something a little more side effect friendly.

it also causes gyno....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Seroquel and strength gains??
    By KTRAIN in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 04:51 AM