Best antibiotics for ....

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
What are some of the best antibiotics for abcess, bacterial digestive infections and STD's

scarfacebling

Awards
What are some of the best antibiotics for abcess, bacterial digestive infections and STD's
there is a post by Dr. D about antibiotics is very good and cover just about everything it is at the top of this forum http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25303

it would be a broad spectrum antibiotic like Doxycycline or Kephlex.

Dr D qoute "If you get a bad abscess, do not hesitate for a second to start using a broad spectrum AB. Even if you'll be going to the doc later, start controlling the infection as soon as it is suspected! It can make the difference in just being sore for a few months and lossing a limb."

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
STD's it depends on what you have and your system. Chlamydia and Gonnerhea can be cured with 1 dose of 1000mg Zitrhomax (azithromyocin, AKA zpack)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Bacterial intestinal infection need to be handled with care due to the normal flora that is found in the lower GI that is NEEDED by the body to product vitamins and also to keep pathogens from growing in the lower GI

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Clindacin is what is typically prescribed for tooth abscesses, but it can be extreme on normal intestinal flora as MattD stated. Probiotics such as Flora-Q will help maintain a balance. Always be cautious because infections like C. difficile are a possibility. Vancocin & Flagyl are others that are typically used for gut infections.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, ASAP, everything is going wrong, huh? Any one of the above must be hell to deal with, nevermind all 3 :nutkick:

:D

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Damn, ASAP, everything is going wrong, huh? Any one of the above must be hell to deal with, nevermind all 3 :nutkick:

:D
It is just questions that I am interesting in learning answers too. But I am glad you had your fun.

serengo

Awards
During my stint in the Navy we would have a line outside the Doc's office after visiting a port.(I can't understand why anyone would not use a condom with a prostitute in a foreign country????) In most of those cases it was some type of urethral infection. Tetracycline was the standard course of treatment. Usually knocked it out within a day or two, though treatment should continue to run for 7-10 days.