Daily Ibuprofen And Muscle gain.

1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.24%

Daily Ibuprofen And Muscle gain.

I have been taking ibuprofen daily due to doctors orders. I've read some random things relating it and reduced anabolism. Does anyone know more on this subject?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Have you tried a search?

I remember Bobo putting up a studdy a while back on the topic.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. D
    It's a little trick most people still don't know about, but I've employed it for years now and it really does help. Aromatase activity decreases in a dose dependant fashion following treatment with an NSAID or COX inhibitor. Basically, if you take 200-400mg ibuprofen 2-4x daily, depending on how bad the gyno is, it takes less time to get rid of it. Try not to take more than 8 motrins/day and only do it for a few wks or month at the most, especially if you have any kidney issues. It's synergistic with nolva and other AI's too.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...pt=Abstract&li st_uids=15964185&query_hl=112
    Dr. D's knowledge
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.21%

D's info is good, of course, but specific to a certain protocol.

I don't think that addresses what doggzj was asking.

Effect of ibuprofen and acetaminophen on postexercise muscle protein synthesis

T. A. Trappe1, F. White1, C. P. Lambert1, D. Cesar2, M. Hellerstein2, and W. J. Evans1

1 Nutrition, Metabolism, and Exercise Laboratory, Donald W. Reynolds Center on Aging, Departments of Geriatrics and Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, and the Central Arkansas Veterans HealthCare System, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205; and 2 Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720-3104

We examined the effect of two commonly consumed over-the-counter analgesics, ibuprofen and acetaminophen, on muscle protein synthesis and soreness after high-intensity eccentric resistance exercise. Twenty-four males (25 3 yr, 180 6 cm, 81 6 kg, and 17 8% body fat) were assigned to one of three groups that received either the maximal over-the-counter dose of ibuprofen (IBU; 1,200 mg/day), acetaminophen (ACET; 4,000 mg/day), or a placebo (PLA) after 10-14 sets of 10 eccentric repetitions at 120% of concentric one-repetition maximum with the knee extensors. Postexercise (24 h) skeletal muscle fractional synthesis rate (FSR) was increased 76 19% (P < 0.05) in PLA (0.058 0.012%/h) and was unchanged (P > 0.05) in IBU (35 21%; 0.021 0.014%/h) and ACET (22 23%; 0.010 0.019%/h). Neither drug had any influence on whole body protein breakdown, as measured by rate of phenylalanine appearance, on serum creatine kinase, or on rating of perceived muscle soreness compared with PLA. These results suggest that over-the-counter doses of both ibuprofen and acetaminophen suppress the protein synthesis response in skeletal muscle after eccentric resistance exercise. Thus these two analgesics may work through a common mechanism to influence protein metabolism in skeletal muscle.

Also --

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl..._5/ai_n6110823
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.07%

I would stay the hell away from NSAIDs at doses like 400mg 2-4x ed unless you have a burning desire to get ulcers, lol!

You will know what im talking about when your stool turns black.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.87%

Quote Originally Posted by jagleaso
    I would stay the hell away from NSAIDs at doses like 400mg 2-4x ed unless you have a burning desire to get ulcers, lol!

You will know what im talking about when your stool turns black.
    I took 400mg 4-5X ED for 2-3 weeks when I broke my collarbone/pulled muscles in my neck. I didn't have any sides from it at all, but I'm aware ulceration and GI discomfort are very common with NSAID
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx
    I took 400mg 4-5X ED for 2-3 weeks when I broke my collarbone/pulled muscles in my neck. I didn't have any sides from it at all, but I'm aware ulceration and GI discomfort are very common with NSAID
    Then you sir have a stronger stomach than I.
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.87%

Quote Originally Posted by jagleaso
    Then you sir have a stronger stomach than I.
    or maybe I just didnt notice the blood in my stool LOL
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx
    or maybe I just didnt notice the blood in my stool LOL
    lol, Very true my friend.
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.24%

I've taken 200mg morning and evening since I made this post, and I haven't really noticed any disruption in my training or growth. Just figured I'd post since someone bumped this thread
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

psoriatic arthritus. I've been taking 300 mg daily of flurbiprofen. Equal in about 10 extra strength advil. No stomache issues. Maintained my strength, except in joints with pain obviously.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tips for everyone: abs and muscle gains
    By connorj78 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 11:33 PM
  2. Beer and Muscle Gains
    By Weightman in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 10:03 PM
  3. CKD, ketosis and muscle gain questions
    By pontaro in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3