Any supps for MG?

faustus

Awards
I have a friend who has [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Myasthenia Gravis (MG)

She is currently on cellcept and prograf.

Can somebody recommend some supplements for MG sufferers?

Thanks.

Faustus
[/font]

miked512

Awards
I've got MG myself and be thankful she isn't on prednisone. However, if her symptoms are generalized, then yeah, she'll probably need a fast acting drug like it.

I for one found megadosing B-complexes, bovine colustrum, and whey protein shakes (the latter two supposedly for the increased immunoglobulin) helped immensely in the management. However, I did go through traditional treatment and everything else I ever took was mostly to supplement the side effects of the prednisone until I got switched over to Imuran.

There really are no supplements to really assist along the way that much aside from sleep, a very clean, very healthy diet, and the like. Green tea might be a good option and well, if she starts experiencing weight gain because she's tired all the time then you might want to look into some cAMP/cissus.

Me, I'm still waiting on my thymectomy from 3 years ago to kick in.

faustus

Awards
thanks for your input, miked512.

but do u know any reliable source where I could get cellcept and prograf cheaper?

Faustus

miked512

Awards
:sad:

I wish. MG is the main reason I had so much debt to fix up upon graduating from college. Still not done paying that off after 4 years. I wager I spend 10 grand on getting a diagnosis on it alone.

Most insurances should cover the cellcept but prograf I'm not sure on. It doesn't appear to have been useful when I was diagnosed. Seems like a good alternative to the prednisone though but I'm sure it costs about 10 times as much as those transmed drugs are expensive.

Is she on any mestinon per chance???

faustus

Awards
She said she is on prograf and cellcept, on doc's advice.

Was looking for cheaper source for her,since you mentioned alternatives aint do much to help.

Looking at China or India for the same thing.

Faustus

miked512

Awards
She said she is on prograf and cellcept, on doc's advice.

Was looking for cheaper source for her,since you mentioned alternatives aint do much to help.

Looking at China or India for the same thing.

Faustus
Is she in generalized or just straight ocular??? I'm surprised the doc hasn't put her on mestinon at all just for quick temporary relief of the symtpoms even though that stuff isn't cheap either. Not by a long shot.

Something that may be helpful and may give you the same effect as mestinon if you're looking for temporary relief of symptoms is frontloading choline bitartrate. Thats probably as good as it gets though and both of them in high doses give me diarrhea. That and going crazy with the B vitamin complex are about as close to supplemental help as I've gotten for it.

I hate MG.

faustus

Awards
I guess more funds must be raised to research on MG.

Faustus

miked512

Awards
You're right and since its such a rare disease, it doesn't get as much of a spotlight in comparison to other autoimmune disorders.

However, a few years ago I think that they did find a cause for the disease if I'm not mistaken. Not saying that helps that much, but it is a good start.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
garz Supplement Auction 2
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Supplement Auction 6
Supplement Auction 6