supps to avoid while on B.P. meds

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have tried everything I can find to lower BP, like celery seed and other herbal recommendations, but no luck. I made an appointment with my doc and he felt like I was doing all the right things to have a normal BP range, but said I was fighting
genetics and put me on Benicar 20 mg a day, any supps. I should avoid other than ephedrine(which I hate), input would be greatly appreciated.....

Kaboju

Awards
You know what helped my BP? AAKG. Seriously. I used to have to take BP stuff and a beta blocker. I started taking AAKG, ashwaghanda, and fish oil(lots) and I am no longer on the beta blocker, and back to baseline levels. Hope that helps. I avoid all stimulants, you should to.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Also what is your cardio like... I know when I am doing a good amount of cardio, 4-5 days a week.. my BP stays much much lower...

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
AAKG helps me too. I like to stack it with citrulline malate. But if it's genetics that you are fighting...good luck. I'm in the same boat as you. Although I can lower my BP with celery seed and c-12 peptides along with a good vasodilating stack, or when I cut weight from my Winter bulk, it seems to always be a short term fix. Eventually, even with all of these things in place, it will go back up. I'm currently taking Hyzaar (similar to Benicar). I used Benicar last time and it seemed to work, but my doc thought that it was raising my BUN reading (which I don't think is true). So I'm trying Hyzaar now.

I haven't really worried about elevating it with other supps, I just check it daily and if it goes above 150, then I cut out things which aggravate it and it usually drops back into the 120's.

I'm not sure about you, but mine is VERY sporatic. I can take it and get a 125/75 reading and in an hour it can rise into the high 140's/high 80's. My Father has the same phenomenon. If you can keep it down over the majority of the day, then you are good. Genetic defects sucks ass IMO :(

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dont do a lot of cardio, due to time restraints and I just HATE it, I play softball and basketball when possible, B.P yesterday at the docs office was 150/96, I,ll monitor it here at home and see what happens, part of my genetics also lets me get away without alot of cardio and stay pretty lean, give and take I guess.......

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What r your opinions on taking no-xplode, and superdrol and S1+ after my BP falls into range, I have used these in the past, not all at once..........

friction515

friction515

Awards
  • Established
I would say try it and just watch your blood pressure. I know when i was running superdrol my bp shot up to 170/98 it was really bad now that i'm off its still high but its usually around 160/72. Needless I will never be able to run the superdrol again but everyone is different, so I would just pay close attention and hope for the best.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine is up there too from Superdrol. Not as high as some peoples on here, and the doctor never prescribed me anything for it. I have read though that you should stay away from ED type presciptions while on bp medicine, also stay away from any NO2 type product.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I dont do a lot of cardio, due to time restraints and I just HATE it, I play softball and basketball when possible, B.P yesterday at the docs office was 150/96, I,ll monitor it here at home and see what happens, part of my genetics also lets me get away without alot of cardio and stay pretty lean, give and take I guess.......
I vote you start your cardio :D

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
I know this guy with high bp whose doctor told him he should stop taking creatine, (he was using CEE). And I know that some GP's are biased against creatine based on some misleading information that has been contradicted in other studies. I've read about the detrimental effect SUB Q water retention can have on BP, but isnt the water retention from creatine purely intracellur? (in muscles only)? and not under the skin? Or do you think his doctor is on to something? I didnt want to give him bad advice in case I was wrong, that would take a lot of tomarity, and I was second guessing myself when I heard what his doc had told him. But I had a feeling that maybe the doctor was misguided about the creatine thing. I mean, I've had nurses and GP's tell me to my face that creatine is bad for the kidneys, and later came across information that implied that creatinine levels were not an accurate assesment of kidney disfunction because they are a byproduct and not a cause of kidney disfunction, but also a byproduct of creatine supplementation. Perhaps the BP/creatine connection is a misunderstanding of the data as well. Any of you guys know the truth about creatine and high BP?

Marshall Law

Awards
Apple Cider Vinegar will make that BP drop in no time. Mix 2tbls with Organic Apple juice (6-8oz) two to three time a day and you'll feel like a new person.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the post, have u tried this yourself, I have yet to here this method......

Marshall Law

Awards
Thanks for the post, have u tried this yourself, I have yet to here this method......
Everyday, along with some oderless garlic 2000mg a day. I work for a Pharmacy I know what RXs do to the body.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what r your thoughts on benicar and what supps. would not be advisable to use while on it???

Marshall Law

Awards
what r your thoughts on benicar and what supps. would not be advisable to use while on it???
Benicar is in a class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It prevents the constriction (narrowing) of blood vessels (veins and arteries). Benicar does not cure high blood pressure; it keeps it under control.

Be careful if you are using salt substitutes or taking potassium supplements. Benicar can affect potassium levels in the body.

I will not advise you to stop taking Benicar, but I’ll tell you what I did when I stopped taking the Rx (prescription) Plendil.

I surely understand that there are bad, very bad side-effects related to certain Rxs and when it comes to HBP one must take it seriously. When taking the Plendil I was getting very bad headaches. Doctor after doctor Rx after Rx, either they didn’t work or the side effects were just too horrible for me to handle. So I decided to study more about different herbal remedies and that’s when I decided that there has to be a better way of dealing with HBP.

I continued to take the Plendil, it helped with my BP but gave me bad headache; but at the same time I begin to experiment with different herbs/remedies. But here are thing to try:

• Proper diet and nutrition (If you are eating pork stop immediately)
  • Exercise
  • Purchase a good blood pressure monitor (don’t purchase wrist monitors, regardless of what some many say), I’m telling you “THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE!â€? Check your pressure 3x a day, the same time everyday and record it, to keep track of your progress.
  • Consult an herbalist, you being in Texas you know there are herbal stores everywhere.
  • I’d recommend Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar it’s 100% organic along with some 100% organic apple juice 3x daily. Find the book “Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Miracle Health Systemâ€? there’s a lot of information.
  • Take some Odorless garlic try 1000mg 2x daily.
  • Before you start on anything I’d recommend you to detoxify your system “firstâ€?.

I don’t want to replace your doctor; this is an example of what I did and how it worked. Again HBP is serious and not to be played with.

***Again, do not stop taking Benicar. If you stop taking the medication, your condition could become worse.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns let me know.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been taking the B.P. med for 11 days now, my B.P. this morning was 120/74, I cannot remember it ever being this low, so far I have had no side effects, except not feeling edgy alot of the time, have u stopped taking any prescription meds, what did u take to detoxify your system, my wife and I both need to do that......

Marshall Law

Awards
I have been taking the B.P. med for 11 days now, my B.P. this morning was 120/74, I cannot remember it ever being this low, so far I have had no side effects, except not feeling edgy alot of the time, have u stopped taking any prescription meds, what did u take to detoxify your system, my wife and I both need to do that......
The best product I've used for a good detox is Liquid Ionic Trace Minerals. It's doesn't have the most pleasant taste (during the detox) but it's the best. You can find it at marineminerals.com. For the detox, you put 2oz in half a galon of water which you must drink with in 45 min (if you can get past this....the worst is over) then drink the other half in 20 min. I do this every 3 months, I buy the 20oz because once I finish the detox I put 40-50 drops in a gallon of water which I drink everyday (only 40-50 drops you can't taste the trace minerals). They also have an 1800 number ask them to send you some more information on it.

Some place do carry it, but it's hard to find.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Marshall or anyone else, it was stated above not to take an NO product with BP meds, I really like NO-Xplode, what r your thoughts????????????

Marshall Law

Awards
Benicar can affect potassium levels in the body and so does NO-Xplode, I wouldn't take it. Unless you have a way to monitor yourself. It also has other ingredients that will effect your BP.
I started taking SD on Monday while monitoring my BP three times a day and it's been an interesting find as to what's been working for me. I'm going to start a journal later this afternoon when I get home. There are many who like you and I who struggle with supplements because of HBP and it's dissapointing when you to try something but can't.

Marshall

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can see that u will watch your BP, mine definitely went up while on superdrol, I took some NO-Xplode the other day and it went up a little, like 144/82, good luck with the cycle, what BP meds r u on now????

Marshall Law

Awards
I can see that u will watch your BP, mine definitely went up while on superdrol, I took some NO-Xplode the other day and it went up a little, like 144/82, good luck with the cycle, what BP meds r u on now????
I'm not on any meds, I was on Pledil but I stopped taken it a few years ago.

Adf

Awards
I know this guy with high bp whose doctor told him he should stop taking creatine, (he was using CEE). And I know that some GP's are biased against creatine based on some misleading information that has been contradicted in other studies. I've read about the detrimental effect SUB Q water retention can have on BP, but isnt the water retention from creatine purely intracellur? (in muscles only)? and not under the skin? Or do you think his doctor is on to something? I didnt want to give him bad advice in case I was wrong, that would take a lot of tomarity, and I was second guessing myself when I heard what his doc had told him. But I had a feeling that maybe the doctor was misguided about the creatine thing. I mean, I've had nurses and GP's tell me to my face that creatine is bad for the kidneys, and later came across information that implied that creatinine levels were not an accurate assesment of kidney disfunction because they are a byproduct and not a cause of kidney disfunction, but also a byproduct of creatine supplementation. Perhaps the BP/creatine connection is a misunderstanding of the data as well. Any of you guys know the truth about creatine and high BP?
I have high blood pressure. I went off creatine for 6 months to see if that was the cause and I still had high blood pressure radings at the end of 6 months so I know mine isn't caused by creatine.

Adf

Awards
Mine is up there too from Superdrol. Not as high as some peoples on here, and the doctor never prescribed me anything for it. I have read though that you should stay away from ED type presciptions while on bp medicine, also stay away from any NO2 type product.
According to Patrick Arnold NO products lower your blood pressure unless you are saying not to take NO products while taking BP medications?

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
I have high blood pressure. I went off creatine for 6 months to see if that was the cause and I still had high blood pressure radings at the end of 6 months so I know mine isn't caused by creatine.

I suspected as much. It seems like certain factions in the medical community want to portray creatine as a bad guy. Then when you stop taking it none of the existing problems presumed to be caused by it are effected by cesstation. Whats up with that anyway? :wtf: