Magestrol Acetate

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
This is a prescription drug, that is assigned to HIV patients around 800mg a day for appetite stimulation. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard anything about it, or even used it to increase appetite.

[font=arial, helvetica][size=-1][size=+1]Drug description[/size]
Megace is an appetite stimulant used to treat HIV wasting. It increases the desire to eat in some people. Megace is synthetic progesterone. Progesterone is a female hormone. Patients on Megace tend to gain fat, according to studies using therapeutic doses of 800 mg/day. Many people use a lot less than that. A slow weight gain associated with lower than established therapeutic doses may promote gain of muscle mass.

http://www.atdn.org/access/drugs/mege.html

Only thing that sucks is that it is listed as to only kick in after about 6 weeks of taking it. :\
[/size][/font]

tattoopierced1

I've used this, and it works...I could out eat anyone and never feel full... My nutritionist was calculating me eating between 8000 and 10000 calories per day. I put on a ton of weight, but alot of it was fat...be careful too, I believe it can cause progesterone related gyno....

good luck getting a Dr. to prescribe it though, most are very hesitant to prescribe this for general weight gain....i got a new Dr. that I talked into giving it to me, but I only took it for a few months...put on too much fat and decided to get off of it, plus the heartburn was awful and increased urination at night was pretty bad....alot of sleep was lost due to having to pee all the time...

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
good luck getting a Dr. to prescribe it though, most are very hesitant to prescribe this for general weight gain....i got a new Dr. that I talked into giving it to me, but I only took it for a few months...put on too much fat and decided to get off of it, plus the heartburn was awful and increased urination at night was pretty bad....alot of sleep was lost due to having to pee all the time...
How many mg's were you taking a day, and after how long did you think it took to kick in?

tattoopierced1

truthfully, I cannot remember, as that was a while ago. As far as how long it took to kick in, almost immediatly...within 3-4 days, not the 6 weeks as previously stated in a post above.