adderall weight loss - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

adderall weight loss

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    Haha, not Adderall and Dex, pretty clean at the proper dose. Phentermine is dirty, but a better appetite suppressant IMO.
    hmm do you think some benadryl or ketotifen at night time will prevent the appetite suppression?

2. Senior Member

Rick James has told me that cocaine is a helluva drug.

You all might want to try that, coming from the pimp himself.

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

The use of amphetamines (especially methamphetamine) can often improve someones capacity to get work done, socialize, stay on task, and handle stress. Often people are tricked into thinking that, "hey, maybe this drug is the missing link to my achievements," and begin to think that he/she is a better person while on these drugs. Some of them can change the chemistry of the brain to make one dependant upon it's administration (chemical dependency) let alone the psychological aspect of not liking who they are without the drug.

I am not trying to sound like a health teacher or D.A.R.E. instructor, but IMO it's not worth the risks.
    Freedom means nothing here.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by opfor101 View Post
    hmm do you think some benadryl or ketotifen at night time will prevent the appetite suppression?
    I always found that I could still eat if I had to. The first few bites were hard, but after that you prime yourself and it's not so bad.

I don't think an anti-histamine would necessarily encourage appetite and I've never personally noticed it except sometimes a little with keto, but I have read studies were high dose use of l-Histadine (16 g/day) did suppress food intake, so theoretically it could.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    The use of amphetamines (especially methamphetamine) can often improve someones capacity to get work done, socialize, stay on task, and handle stress. Often people are tricked into thinking that, "hey, maybe this drug is the missing link to my achievements," and begin to think that he/she is a better person while on these drugs. Some of them can change the chemistry of the brain to make one dependant upon it's administration (chemical dependency) let alone the psychological aspect of not liking who they are without the drug.

I am not trying to sound like a health teacher or D.A.R.E. instructor, but IMO it's not worth the risks.
    Very good point FOG! Something to consider and talk with your doc about if it gets out of control.
  6. Senior Member

Haha, not Adderall and Dex, pretty clean at the proper dose. Phentermine is dirty, but a better appetite suppressant IMO.
    You ever try Sibutramine? I know its one of the constituents of phentermine, but I'm curious as to its cognitive effects and how it would compare to say...adderall and ephedrine?

Also interested to hear if you could compare these same effects between phentermine and sibutramine.

This isn't limited to D, would like to hear anyone's input if you've got some expereince with these.
  7. New Member

Smile Adderll And Weight Loss

[MEDIA][/MEDIA]
    Quote Originally Posted by dickwootton View Post
    So i was diagnosed with ADHD and was perscribed adderall which is a mixture of 4 amphetamine salts at 40 mgs a day and people have started telling me that i am looking as though i have lost weight. I am trying to find out if adderall has any fat burning properties in and of itself. I know when i am on it i feel like i am on a high dose of ephedrine, or clen. Or if it is just a result of my appetite being almost non-existent...
    I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU I HAVE DOND ALOT OF RESEARCJ ON ADDERALL XR ,RIGHT DOWN TO SNORTING I.... I KNOW YOU HAVE HEARD OF METH... PEOPLE CRACKED OUT ON METH.. WELL ADDERLL HAS ALL THE INGREDIENGTS EXCEPT ONE...BUT THAT ONE DEOS NOT MAKE A DIFFERNCE... IT WILL SPEED UP YOUR METABLOISM AND WILL MAKE YOU LOOSE WEIGHT... ALONG WITH THE APPEPTIE SUPPRESSION..COKE IS THE RICH MANS METH BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DO MORE OF IT.. METH JUST DO A LITTLE AND YOU GO ALONG WAYS... SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUISTION.. YES ADDERLL NOT ONLY SUPPRESSES YOUR HUNGER BUT IT ALSO SPEEDS UP METABLOSIM...I AM TYPING THIS IN DARK.. SO EXCUSE ME FOR MISPELLD WORDS... I HAVE BEEN ON ADDERALL FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW.... I AM NOT ON 30 MG XR AND I HAVE LOT 36 POUNDS...SO WHOEVER SAYS IT DOES NOT SPEED UP YOUR METBOLISM... IS WRONG.. THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TROUBLE GOING TO SLEEP AT NIGHT BECAUSE YOUR METABLOLISM IS STILL GOING.. THAT IS WHY THEY SAY DONT WORK OUT TO LATE BECAUSE YOUR METABOLISM IS STILL GOING... FOR HOURS AFTER YOU FINISH WORKING OUTL.. I CHECKED WITH DRS AND LOOKED UP AND TALKED TO LAB TECHS.. I KNOW I AM RIGHT..
    THANKS
    MEL
  8. New Member

I Would Like To Tell You I Have Dond Alot Of Researcj On Adderall Xr ,right Down To Snorting I.... I Know You Have Heard Of Meth... People Cracked Out On Meth.. Well Adderll Has All The Ingrediengts Except One...but That One Deos Not Make A Differnce... It Will Speed Up Your Metabloism And Will Make You Loose Weight... Along With The Appeptie Suppression..coke Is The Rich Mans Meth Because You Have To Do More Of It.. Meth Just Do A Little And You Go Along Ways... So To Answer Your Quistion.. Yes Adderll Not Only Suppresses Your Hunger But It Also Speeds Up Metablosim...i Am Typing This In Dark.. So Excuse Me For Mispelld Words... I Have Been On Adderall For About 2 Months Now.... I Am Not On 30 Mg Xr And I Have Lot 36 Pounds...so Whoever Says It Does Not Speed Up Your Metbolism... Is Wrong.. That Is Why You Have Trouble Going To Sleep At Night Because Your Metablolism Is Still Going.. That Is Why They Say Dont Work Out To Late Because Your Metabolism Is Still Going... For Hours After You Finish Working Outl.. I Checked With Drs And Looked Up And Talked To Lab Techs.. I Know I Am Right..
    Thanks
    Mel
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by melis View Post
    I Would Like To Tell You I Have Dond Alot Of Researcj On Adderall Xr ,right Down To Snorting I.... I Know You Have Heard Of Meth... People Cracked Out On Meth.. Well Adderll Has All The Ingrediengts Except One...but That One Deos Not Make A Differnce... It Will Speed Up Your Metabloism And Will Make You Loose Weight... Along With The Appeptie Suppression..coke Is The Rich Mans Meth Because You Have To Do More Of It.. Meth Just Do A Little And You Go Along Ways... So To Answer Your Quistion.. Yes Adderll Not Only Suppresses Your Hunger But It Also Speeds Up Metablosim...i Am Typing This In Dark.. So Excuse Me For Mispelld Words... I Have Been On Adderall For About 2 Months Now.... I Am Not On 30 Mg Xr And I Have Lot 36 Pounds...so Whoever Says It Does Not Speed Up Your Metbolism... Is Wrong.. That Is Why You Have Trouble Going To Sleep At Night Because Your Metablolism Is Still Going.. That Is Why They Say Dont Work Out To Late Because Your Metabolism Is Still Going... For Hours After You Finish Working Outl.. I Checked With Drs And Looked Up And Talked To Lab Techs.. I Know I Am Right..
    Thanks
    Mel
    Mel, judging from your post, maybe we should check into rehab together?

Amphetamines are no joke. And I am not sure that raising your pulse/blood pressure is significantly concurrent with metabolism.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by quigs View Post
    You ever try Sibutramine? I know its one of the constituents of phentermine, but I'm curious as to its cognitive effects and how it would compare to say...adderall and ephedrine?

Also interested to hear if you could compare these same effects between phentermine and sibutramine.

This isn't limited to D, would like to hear anyone's input if you've got some expereince with these.
    Sibutramine is more of an SNRI. Amphetamine acts more to enhance release of NE, plus it's a mild MAOI too. Amph is superior for depressive states IMO, but Sib can still serve it's purpose for weight loss. The molecule looks nasty though and I'd bet it induces it's own metabolism with that electronegative para Cl on the ring. I have never used it, but I'd say it's probably kinda dirty, like Wellbutrin is with that N-butyl sub or any tertiary amine would be, not to mention the additional serotonergic component.

As for Ephedrine, too much beta activity and not enough CNS effect to make a great anti-depressant, but good for appetite suppression and metabolic elevation that promotes weight loss.

Phentermine is very well suited for weight loss, but the crash and burn effect is one of the worst in this whole category of PEA derived adrenergics.
  11. Senior Member

Sibutramine is more of an SNRI. Amphetamine acts more to enhance release of NE, plus it's a mild MAOI too. Amph is superior for depressive states IMO, but Sib can still serve it's purpose for weight loss. The molecule looks nasty though and I'd bet it induces it's own metabolism with that electronegative para Cl on the ring. I have never used it, but I'd say it's probably kinda dirty, like Wellbutrin is with that N-butyl sub or any tertiary amine would be, not to mention the additional serotonergic component.

As for Ephedrine, too much beta activity and not enough CNS effect to make a great anti-depressant, but good for appetite suppression and metabolic elevation that promotes weight loss.

Phentermine is very well suited for weight loss, but the crash and burn effect is one of the worst in this whole category of PEA derived adrenergics.
    Interesting. I've tried wellbutrin in the past and wasn't all that impressed. I'm mainly looking for something to help in the cognitive dept moreso than fatloss/appetite supression.

So far, the best compound that I've used for studying had to be focalin (Dexmethylphenidate), the d-isomer of ritalin. A close second would be adderall. I've never had the opportunity to give ritalin a shot however.

A very good legal option that I've experimented with is a combination of Geranamine + pseudoephedrine. I've found this to be the closest legal alternative to adderall that I've found. Unfortunately, the geranamine crash has got to be the worst out of anything that I've tried.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

be carefull with adderall,just because it's not as strong as,let's say METH!!!!!!!!,doesn't mean it not a very strong simulant.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Yeah, it's a poor choice for weightloss.
  14. New Member

i actually use this stuff, and adderall in my opinion
    is better kept for studying than anything else.

I have had NO appetite supression from this.

Adderall is really overhyped in my opinion, isnt nearly as great as people say.
  15. Advanced Member

That guy's on a soapbox. Adderal is not that bad. They've been giving amphetamines to little 6 year old kids for over half a century now. I personally took 60-90mg/d Adderal for about 11 straight years. I do have one regret, I should have never stopped! It works wonders on depression and makes you highly productive too. If anything, it greatly enhanced my cognitive functions.

Just curious how does that make sense to say he's on a soapbox. Not saying your 100% wrong but please include a pubmed studies showing me how it doesn't cause damage overtime. I know a few friends who haven't been as lucky as you.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Liftalot View Post
    Just curious how does that make sense to say he's on a soapbox. Not saying your 100% wrong but please include a pubmed studies showing me how it doesn't cause damage overtime. I know a few friends who haven't been as lucky as you.
    The studies abound I'm sure, but I can only speak with confidence from personal experience. My estimation of another's motives are subjective and speculative in this case.

All I know is that my doctor monitored me for the entire length of my treatments, and there was never any perceivable toxicity or alarming blood work results with this product. I have been off of Adderall for about 5 years now with no signs of long-standing damage or detriment. Perhaps your friends did not apply it properly, or used it for off-label purposes without a skilled doctor to supervise them? If used responsibly by a person who actually needs it to treat a medical condition, it can obviously be used safely and do a lot of good for the patient, or the FDA would not risk the liability of it's reintroduction. I don't think we would have seen the Ritalin era and resurgence of prescribed amphetamines (Adderall) had any long-term sequela been noted from the early decades of it clinical use.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by James007 View Post
    Loss of libido? Where did you figure that out? Gaining 60lbs? Wow that's weird. It's a potent appetite supressant why would he gain weight?

You sound like one of those ESPN news casters talking about steroids.
    Loss of libido is common in males, says my dr., which is why I won't take it despite a recommendation. The tweeker effects are also only present in people who don't need it medicinally, in people who would actually benefit from it, the effects people might abuse the drug for don't occur. Also another reason for me not to take it.
    If you need it, you'll end up with a limp noodle, an increasingly aloof personality, and better mental focus. The trade off isn't worth it imo.
  18. New Member

Interesting. I've tried wellbutrin in the past and wasn't all that impressed. I'm mainly looking for something to help in the cognitive dept moreso than fatloss/appetite supression.

So far, the best compound that I've used for studying had to be focalin (Dexmethylphenidate), the d-isomer of ritalin. A close second would be adderall. I've never had the opportunity to give ritalin a shot however.

A very good legal option that I've experimented with is a combination of Geranamine + pseudoephedrine. I've found this to be the closest legal alternative to adderall that I've found. Unfortunately, the geranamine crash has got to be the worst out of anything that I've tried.

Im on a 10mg dose of Focalin and it isnt doing anything for my ADD/AHAD or depression... nothing... im going to speak with my doc to bump up to 20mg or switch me to something else. Anyone have any ideas besides Addheral
  19. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Yeah, it's a poor choice for weightloss.
    I think its better than many OTC options...ephedra, yohimbine, etc. Adderall doesn't cause the peripheral side effects that these compounds do.
  20. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpKang101 View Post
    i actually use this stuff, and adderall in my opinion
    is better kept for studying than anything else.

I have had NO appetite supression from this.

Adderall is really overhyped in my opinion, isnt nearly as great as people say.
    Adderall on its own doesnt do much for me. Mix it with 200mg of caffeine though and its a whole different story. Add in some nicotine gum and you've got yourself one hell of a combo.
  21. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SrT4u2Nv View Post
    Im on a 10mg dose of Focalin and it isnt doing anything for my ADD/AHAD or depression... nothing... im going to speak with my doc to bump up to 20mg or switch me to something else. Anyone have any ideas besides Addheral
    Have you tried it with caffeine? That's the only way I get optimal effects from these things. Man I wish I could get my hands on some more of this stuff...
  22. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You people are using it Illegally and not for its intended use. You can call it whatever you want but you might as well be smoking crack.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WLEwRdi0QU"]YouTube - Drug Dealer Testimonial[/ame]
  23. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-SHFLl0dc&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  24. Diamond Member

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJIjWlLa8MU&feature=re lated"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

For you people that abuse presciption drugs...Its only a matter of time before you "graduate".....
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You people are using it Illegally and not for its intended use. You can call it whatever you want but you might as well be smoking crack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WLEwRdi0QU
    yeah seriously, the only benefit of adderall vs. illicit drugs I can see is that in most cases it's probably clean, I think if you're going to resort to illegal drugs for cutting, you may as well just buy some meth because at this point you're basically just a closet tweeker.
  26. New Member

I have been taken adderall for school purposes only for the past 2 years. It defnitley has a significant impact on your diet. I would not recommend to take it for weight loss because when your not on it you will eat more than normal. It also can mess up your metabolisim.
  27. Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WLEwRdi0QU
    Yeah, thanks for comparing apples to oranges.
  28. Senior Member

YouTube - Drug abuse pictures before and after

For you people that abuse presciption drugs...Its only a matter of time before you "graduate".....
    That's a pretty big leap...but thanks for the warning.
  29. Diamond Member

That's a pretty big leap...but thanks for the warning.

It is not a leap at all!. Adderall and Meth are practically the same thing.
  30. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    yeah seriously, the only benefit of adderall vs. illicit drugs I can see is that in most cases it's probably clean, I think if you're going to resort to illegal drugs for cutting, you may as well just buy some meth because at this point you're basically just a closet tweeker.
    First of all, I've never advocated using adderall as a diet aid. Just as I don't think ephedrine is a wise choice for trying to lose weight. You do realize however, that this was its original purpose? This same mix of D/L-amphetamine was marketed as a weight loss drug years ago. Its only recently that its been resurrected as an ADD med.

Additionally, how is this any different from people using clenbuterol, albuterol, ephedrine, yohimbine, etc as "fat burners"? The side effects of these drugs is at best as bad as adderall...and usually because of their peripheral effects tend to be worse (increased HR, BP, RR, anxiety, etc).
  31. Senior Member

It is not a leap at all!. Adderall and Meth are practically the same thing.
    Wow. No offense, but that statement just shows your ignorance about these drugs. Methamphetamine and amphetamine have vastly different physiological effects.
  32. Diamond Member

Ok...
  33. Senior Member

You do realize that very small variations in the molecular structure of a drug can cause vastly different pharmacological effects? For instance, methamphetamine and amphetamine are very similar to other phenylethylamines. You wouldn't consider PEA to be "basically the same thing as methamphetamine"...would you? How about ephedrine? Pseudoephedrine? Mescaline? MDMA? These are all in the same class of drugs...phenylethylamines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  34. Senior Member

Ok...
    Let me put it in a way that you may understand...

By your logic, boldenone and dianabol should be "basically the same thing" because their structures are so closely related. As you probably already know, Dianabol is methyl-boldenone. I'm sure that you'd agree that these have vastly different physiological effects, correct?
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

aw quigs quit justifying your drug use silly. haha
  36. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sreed11 View Post
    aw quigs quit justifying your drug use silly. haha
    haha. I sound like a pothead...
  37. Diamond Member

Let me put it in a way that you may understand...

By your logic, boldenone and dianabol should be "basically the same thing" because their structures are so closely related. As you probably already know, Dianabol is methyl-boldenone. I'm sure that you'd agree that these have vastly different physiological effects, correct?

Allright I understand what you are saying. I still see it as a dangerous drug and should not be taken without a prescription. Even with a prescription....Sure they have different physilogical effects but I just don't see much of a "line" between an abuser of presciption amphetamine and the use of meth-amphetamine.... People are gonna keep uping there dose of adderall so much to get the same effects so it just sort of equals out. Then some people may switch over to meth-amphetamine.. If you take enough adderall I believe you will get the same effects as using meth. Just an observation and opinion of mine, not something I see as a fact.
  38. Senior Member

Allright I understand what you are saying. I still see it as a dangerous drug and should not be taken without a prescription. Even with a prescription....Sure they have different physilogical effects but I just don't see much of a "line" between an abuser of presciption amphetamine and the use of meth-amphetamine.... People are gonna keep uping there dose of adderall so much to get the same effects so it just sort of equals out. Then some people may switch over to meth-amphetamine.. If you take enough adderall I believe you will get the same effects as using meth. Just an observation and opinion of mine, not something I see as a fact.
    I agree. Everything is dose dependent. A high dose of caffeine can feel like a low dose of cocaine. I highly doubt that one could tolerate the dosage needed of adderall to achieve methamphetamine like effects though. The euphoria that meth can provide...and the sheer intensity/longevity of the drug is something that would be extremely difficult to match.

Additionally, I agree that there is a difference between use and abuse. Someone who choses to use 15mg of adderall to study the night before an exam will have far different effects than someone who snorts 60mg of the stuff before a night out. Too much of anything can be a bad thing. Prescription drugs often have just as high abuse potential (if not higher) than street drugs. Some pharmaceutical opiates (hydrocodone, oxycontin, etc) can cause some wicked addiction. Fentanyl is even more dangerous than heroin.

Alcohol can cause some of the worst withdrawl symptoms known to man. Its one of the few drugs that when discontinued, withdrawl can cause death. And this is not prescription...or even a street drug...you can get it just about anywhere. Again, this is another dose-dependent situation. Occasional use will have few, if any long term side effects...while abuse is a whole different story.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ****wootton View Post
    So i was diagnosed with ADHD and was perscribed adderall which is a mixture of 4 amphetamine salts at 40 mgs a day and people have started telling me that i am looking as though i have lost weight. I am trying to find out if adderall has any fat burning properties in and of itself. I know when i am on it i feel like i am on a high dose of ephedrine, or clen. Or if it is just a result of my appetite being almost non-existent...
    What have you decided? I definitely think that Adderall has fat burning and diuretic properties. The drug increases your metabolism, speeds up your resting heart rate, and causes your body to sweat 10-30% more than usual. This means that Adderall most definitely possesses fat burning and diuretic properties. I just wrote an article stating that body builders needs to reevaluate their caloric intake, training regimen, and supplementation if they are taking Adderall. I have been training for 11 years now, and have been training on Adderall for 4 of these years; so this topic is something that I am experienced in and passionate about. I have advised people to take in around 300 more calories per day, and to incorporate a rest day if they have not already. Over training and Adderall usage is a very real problem. The risk of becoming catabolic is heightened when taking prescription drugs such as Adderall or Vyvanse.
  40. New Member

Hi,
    Yeah i was also using amphetamine months ago and it really boosted my heart beat and made me worry to left this....
    I think that was a side effect...
    Everett

Similar Forum Threads

1. Enhancing my wife's weight loss...
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-16-2003, 01:06 PM
  2. Beware of Untested Weight Loss Pills
    By DarCSA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 03:29 PM
  3. weight loss patch