adderall weight loss - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

adderall weight loss

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Answers

Adderal killed my appetite and I lost 54 pounds in six months when I was already at 9% body fat. So it was pretty rough on me...

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ****wootton
    Adderal killed my appetite and I lost 54 pounds in six months when I was already at 9% body fat. So it was pretty rough on me...
    Stack 15mg of Remeron with it at night. Your appetite stays in tact.
  3. New Member
    Answers

dang by the sounds of it adderall would help me
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

my parents give me adderall (i think its adderall, its the lil blue pill, ill check to make sure though) you guys think i should not take it?
  5. New Member
    Answers

is this really an OTC drug?
  6. Board Supporter
    Answers

I'm prescribed 1 30mg xr adderall daily. Would this help prevent bloat while on cycle?
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Grifter
    I'm prescribed 1 30mg xr adderall daily. Would this help prevent bloat while on cycle?
    Maybe. Amphetamines can actually promote urinary retention, but if anything, they tend to dehydrate and dry me.
  8. Senior Member
    Answers

adderall is the drug of choice for all the top models and actresses who are addressing weight issues. It may even replace cigarettes!
  9. New Member
    Answers

adderall is the best drug ever, it has many good uses.
  10. Banned
    Answers

wtf after reading some of this im not taking it anymore....weight loss, loss of appetite, depression, worst prescription street drug? wtf im pissed at my parents for making me take this ****....i should stop right? someone respond or PM thanks
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khan8
    wtf after reading some of this im not taking it anymore....weight loss, loss of appetite, depression, worst prescription street drug? wtf im pissed at my parents for making me take this ****....i should stop right? someone respond or PM thanks
    Man, if you don't really need it, don't take it. If it helps you though, it's like a miracle drug for some people. It worked great for me. You're the only one who really knows if you "need" it or not. Maybe you could at least reduce the dose, but don't just stop cold turkey unless it's clearly hurting you somehow. Phase down the dose to stop over a few weeks and be honest with your doc and your folks that you don't think you need the amphetamines and you wanna maybe try something else. It's your body, your choice!
  12. Banned
    Answers

oh wait nevermind i just checked its not adderall its this stuff called zoloft
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khan8
    oh wait nevermind i just checked its not adderall its this stuff called zoloft
    Zoloft is an SSRI. It's very effective, but stomach and libido sides are not uncommon.
  14. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by James007 View Post
    You're comparing chronic use of cocaine to low dose Amphetamine in treatment of ADD? Stop blowing the horn when there is no fire. These medications could and are very helpful for the treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder. People with ADD have a hard time succeeding in life and work without treatment of the disorder. They usually fall far behind, procrastinating and not caring.

Cocaine =/ Adderall. Adderall =/ Methamphetamine.
    Adderall is a low dose of (d,l)-amphetamine usually in the range of 10-40mg daily. Long term useage might, and probably does have some neurotoxic effects - but just as any other drug - you have to be willing to accept the concenquences.

To say to yourself that steroids have no concenquences is as ignorant as comparing Adderall to Cocaine. When you delve into any drug that will alter your body or brain chemistry, you HAVE to be willing to accept the concenquences. This is the same for cocains, as it is with steroids. When you shoot yourself with 3ml of testosterone, over time, there will be adverse effects whether on your blood pressure, cardiovascular system, scalp, or liver. It is just a matter of time.

When you accept the fact that there are side effects, and you are content with their possible damage, you will no longer be lying to yourself and feel better about yourself. It's just about thoughful use of substances at resonable levels with resonable knowledge in what you are doing and what could possibly go wrong.
    hey, this is my first post! hola. i know plenty on the topic of adderall. yeah, adderall is dextroamphetamine along with one of its other isomers. adderall is basically speed. it is a controlled substance in the US because it can be synthesized into methamphetamine and MDMA (extacy).

so, yes it is going to increase liposysis, decrease appetite due to the fact it increases the amount of norepinepherine which agonizes the betas, much like ephedrine.
  15. New Member
    Answers

Adderall effects

Quote Originally Posted by Pfunk47 View Post
    It's a diuretic big time - hence the immediate weight loss, no fat burning properties, big appetite supressant and big time libido loss over time. One big side effect is depression after consistent use, in males this seems to come from libido loss=depression. My buddy is on this crap and is in the hole big time from it and has gained about 60 lbs, he's taking about 40mg a day.
    I went on adderall about 2 years ago and have been taking about 30mg EX and it was great at first and has really helped with grades but I hate it now. I'm 26 year old female and it made my libido non existent. Everyone says when I'm on it my personality is completely different. It did help me lose weight initially without trying but thats because I had no appetite. I workout often but have gained 15 pounds recently and cannot lose it! Question for anyone, does Clenbuterol stacked with T3/T4 really speed up fat loss? I've heard that results are fast even without strict dieting. I've never taken anything before and was thinking about this???
  16. Senior Member
    Answers

Any stimulant which raises your basal metabolic rate and suppresses your appetite, i.e. Adderall, cocaine, methamphetamine, amphetamines etc., are going to cause weight loss, assuming you're not forcing yourself with food.

My roommate has been on Adderall for awhile. She was 5'5", 115 pounds, and wanted to lose fat. So she would eat a decent breakfast at 8 AM, pop an Adderall, and not eat again until 6 PM, then again around 10 PM. So then she wanted to lose the fat quickly, so she used clen for a couple weeks.
  17. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino View Post
    adderall is the drug of choice for all the top models and actresses who are addressing weight issues. It may even replace cigarettes!
    Nope, that would be cocaine.
  18. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lifted View Post

Well one time my pharmacy gave me the generic due to insurance and I swear to god it said this: Amphetamine for > adderall....so the generic name for adderall is just straight ****ing amphetamine!! That's pretty crazy...
    dangit, I was told that there was no generic for Adderall . My son was on medicaid last year and the doc must have wrote no subs. on it so he could get $$. When we switched to insurance, we had to pay the highest copay because of the brand name. I didnt know that it was amphetamine til afterwards. But he got thin as a rake. All I could think of was "damn I need some of this!". Checked his unused medicine stock, and the adderall is all gone. I was 50 lbs heavier then than I am now, but I wish I had some left over . It wasnt til much later til I learned the truth about Adderall.

You thought correctly.
    Last edited by bassgirl; 12-14-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: more info
  19. Advanced Member
    Answers

I was on the generic Adderal for a few months, up until I started loading trucks for UPS. Between the work and the Adderal, I couldn't keep my weight up at all. I eat. Just couldn't eat enough. Like hardcore dirty bulk was not enough.

I'm also bipolar, and a strong responder to stims, so one of the first things I did when I felt that euphoria was take a whole bunch. At high levels, your libido goes sky high. Stupid high. I got so dehydrated though that I almost passed out. I wish that I'd taken my temperature, I'm sure that my brain was being cooked. I was so dehydrated that I couldn't sweat and was getting these weird chills.

When I went back to my doc, I just said not to prescribe me any more. One of the major downfalls of Bipolar is just not being able to control impulses sometimes. sucks, even with meds.

This stuff is bad news if abused, please be carefull. Apparently citric acid and/or vitamin C will blunt the effects. A lot of people report that it just turns the adderal off if they just have a glass of juice.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Ya Adderal ****ed me up pretty bad but i didn't know what it was. I was diagnosed with ADD and Depression so i got put on Adderal and Lexapro. From 2nd semester freshman year to end of junior year i was completely anti social and so freakin depressed. I was so ****ed up but i was getting good grades for once so my parents didn't care and it just turned into a habit and my parents kept making me take it anyways. Around my junior finals for HS i got kicked out of my house and lived with my sister. I decided to quit taking it and then about a day later got a sinus infection (f'in terrible) added on with stopping these drugs cold turkey. I didn't really notice any loss in sex drive cause i didn't care about anything except Halo, poker, and school. haha ya maybe a little bit of a loser but i didn't give a **** about anything.
  21. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dickwootton View Post
    But does any one know of the properties of adderall that may actually burn fat?

Adderall definately has stim properties. Increased heartrate, increased CNS, appitie supression.
    I lost weight like I was smoking crack on the stuff years n years ago. Firest time in my life then I had a 6pack. Althought I was 145lbs... People got worried.. Then again, I also took ritaline half the time as well..

In and of itself, it's an amphetimine. So yes.
    Be carefull
  22. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xtraflossy View Post
    Adderall definately has stim properties. Increased heartrate, increased CNS, appitie supression.
    I lost weight like I was smoking crack on the stuff years n years ago. Firest time in my life then I had a 6pack. Althought I was 145lbs... People got worried.. Then again, I also took ritaline half the time as well..

In and of itself, it's an amphetimine. So yes.
    Be carefull
    how did you manage to get off the meds? Most docs tell people they have to be on that stuff "For life" but I hear how so many people do well or recover.
  23. Advanced Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bassgirl View Post
    how did you manage to get off the meds? Most docs tell people they have to be on that stuff "For life" but I hear how so many people do well or recover.
    The stimulants used to treat ADD are almost a situational drug. They're often used the same way that you'd use an aspirin. I have a headache, I take an aspirin. If I need to concentrate, say for a test, or at work, take an Adderal or a Ritalin(I tried ritalin. It worked for me, but made me feel a little too antsy)

A lot of folks can develop some pretty good coping skills that can allow them to get on without meds.

Now something like bipolar, that's one that you need to be on meds for a lifetime. I love my Lamictal. It keeps me level enough that I can lead a normal life.

With something like depression, you may need meds for a while, or a lifetime, or on and off. All depends on the person and their situation.
  24. Banned
    Answers

hey Dr.D, i wonder who told me amphetamines are dirty street crap

LOL
  25. New Member
    Answers

I know this thread is old, but I've been using adderall for a little bit now and thought I would share my knowledge and experience on it.

I was prescribed it for ADD and have been taking it for 1 year now. Started at 20mg XR (The time released version) and have since been bumped up to 30mg XR. It helped me lose a ton of weight, but it was in a very unhealthy fashion. I virtually lost my whole appetite and would only eat once or twice a day in very small portions. To be exact, I was around 255 when I started dieting and started taking adderall 1 month later (This was actually pure coincidence, 2007 has been a huge overhaul in who I am as a person). I updated my diet 4 months ago and started working out and I'm now at ~188.

Even though I was losing weight in a very unhealthy way, I can say that the Adderall and the loss of the initial weight of around 30lbs did a lot for giving me the motivation to live a healthy, fit lifestyle.

As for my libido, being a 19 year old who weighed 255lbs at 5'7", it is safe to say I wasn't getting laid much anyways. I still haven't noticed a change, but I assume that being young helps with this.

I was diagnosed with depression a couple years ago. My depression is generally authentic being that it runs in my family and I'm not the type to loathe in my self pity. The adderall affected my depression in two aspects. It gives me a sense of short term depression as the medicine is peaking which seems to closely correlate with the urgency it creates in me. However, this urgency also leads to an increase of motivation. If I use the urgency and motivation correctly and get stuff accomplished, it greatly overshadows the negative counterpart.

When I first started taking it, it did mess with my personality a bit. It made me extremely introverted because all I would do is think to myself. As I've been taking it for a while though, I seem to have leveled out. I still feel a little different, but it is a very acceptable compromise between being able to concentrate and get stuff done with my normal personality. *Edit* Along with my personality leveling out as time went on, I also have a very acceptable appetite now. I can easily eat 4-6 healthy small meals a day, no problem at all.

Throughout the extent of my use with adderall, I've used it properly and never abused it. No snorting, doubling doses to increase high, or binging to study for tests and staying awake all night. It has done nothing but help me out in all aspects of my life. I've become healthier, I can concentrate, do well in school, was able to go off my anti-depression medicine for a while, and allows me to get **** done.
  26. Banned
    Answers

bump on this.
  27. Banned
    Answers

im actually planning to use dex or adderall for better grades in school.

just gonna tell my doc i cant focus and my grades are suffering.

i already got me some ritalin patches but its not good enough.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by opfor101 View Post
    im actually planning to use dex or adderall for better grades in school.

just gonna tell my doc i cant focus and my grades are suffering.

i already got me some ritalin patches but its not good enough.
    stay away from amphetamines.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Answers

opfor101,
    so you're getting on stuff that people use if they have ADD but you haven't been diagnosed with ADD? so you're just lazy?
  30. Advanced Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    stay away from amphetamines.
    +1000

Seriously. If there's one decision you DO listen to strangers on the internet about, it's this one. Find something less addictive than amphetamines.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Asking your psych for certain meds to accelerate learning capacity doesn't mean the person is lazy... Well atleast from a few points of view. I would not recommend amphetamines to anyone unless they're in dire need.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    +1000

Seriously. If there's one decision you DO listen to strangers on the internet about, it's this one. Find something less addictive than amphetamines.
    I have confessed more to this board than I have to anyone about certain things. I was at rock bottom a few days ago. I lost my apartment, had a falling out with my family, had my Christmas trip home cancelled, was ripped off numerous times for a lot of money, and found myself in a hotel unable to deal with the events that were taking place in my life and all the other things I had to deal with at the time. I could barely wake up to shower and shave. The only times I woke up really was to go to the vending machine and to take a piss. I asked a someone I knew for a type of what adderall is classified as but with a methyl group attached to it... I'm not going to incriminate myself.. but... I used the cap'em quick caps and BOOM. I derived a plan to get back on my feet. Before I knew it, I was getting more things done than I ever have before... with a low dose... the downside is what is to come... I fear. My case may be a bit different, but I can say that you should stay clear from them. Don't take the risk. I am constantly reminding myself that I am in control, but am I really? I don't want to discuss this much, for the choice I made was to get out of a severe situation whereas I realized I no one to stand by me through any of what was happening and in another week, my depression would've been deepened and I would've lost all my money, my possessions, my cars would've been impounded for have been overparked so long, and I may have been committed. You can criticize me in your minds, but what I did at the time was after I tried exhausting all other options aside for losing more money, and ending up more in debt.
  33. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I have confessed more to this board than I have to anyone about certain things. I was at rock bottom a few days ago. I lost my apartment, had a falling out with my family, had my Christmas trip home cancelled, was ripped off numerous times for a lot of money, and found myself in a hotel unable to deal with the events that were taking place in my life and all the other things I had to deal with at the time. I could barely wake up to shower and shave. The only times I woke up really was to go to the vending machine and to take a piss. I asked a someone I knew for a type of what adderall is classified as but with a methyl group attached to it... I'm not going to incriminate myself.. but... I used the cap'em quick caps and BOOM. I derived a plan to get back on my feet. Before I knew it, I was getting more things done than I ever have before... with a low dose... the downside is what is to come... I fear. My case may be a bit different, but I can say that you should stay clear from them. Don't take the risk. I am constantly reminding myself that I am in control, but am I really? I don't want to discuss this much, for the choice I made was to get out of a severe situation whereas I realized I no one to stand by me through any of what was happening and in another week, my depression would've been deepened and I would've lost all my money, my possessions, my cars would've been impounded for have been overparked so long, and I may have been committed. You can criticize me in your minds, but what I did at the time was after I tried exhausting all other options aside for losing more money, and ending up more in debt.
    May i ask, how did it end up to be this bad? good thing you are piecing your life back together.

I hope you have a great holiday though, seriously.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks man, I hope that yours goes really well (I'm sure it will). I am trying to find somewhere to go to be in company, for I will be 3000 miles from any family and friends??? "Oh, uhhhh... I'm going away to..." lol. Yeah...
  35. Banned
    Answers

hmmm what made you so distant from family and friends?
    im sorta mad that im not really as close with my family as i want to be.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by opfor101 View Post
    hey Dr.D, i wonder who told me amphetamines are dirty street crap

LOL
    Haha, not Adderall and Dex, pretty clean at the proper dose. Phentermine is dirty, but a better appetite suppressant IMO.
  37. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bassgirl View Post
    I was never prescribbed them in the - well, yes I was :P ..but when I was much younger. It put me to sleep though.

I was basicly getting them recreactional for a bit in millitary school- lol, and maybe a few times via prescription, ... but not by a doc..

So I wasn't taking them for years..

....but as a testamint to either my nature, or the chemical, Id take some now if it were offered.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

....but as a testamint to either my nature, or the chemical, Id take some now if it were offered.
    Try some StimX instead bro. It's not Adderall, but it's a nice and clean OTC alternative.

My docs had me on every stim and antidepressant in the book for 10-15 years, I am definitely a conesure of such compounds.
  39. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    Try some StimX instead bro. It's not Adderall, but it's a nice and clean OTC alternative.

My docs had me on every stim and antidepressant in the book for 10-15 years, I am definitely a conesure of such compounds.
    I remember getting a sample pack back a while back. I don't recall if it did anything or not.

Nice to see ya round Doc. It may have just been me, but I haven't seen ya in a while.
    lol- gripping your snake now I see
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

...lol- gripping your snake now I see
    Well somebody has to do it lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Enhancing my wife's weight loss...
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements