Phenibut, is there better?

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Is there anything better thats legal, for having a sense of well being?

donk

Awards
I have tried up to 6 grams of CNW's kraptom super powder and I was not too impressed.
Made me drowsey and thats about it. Well and it made me relaxed and worry free about on hour after I took it but the effects subsided so fast (bout 20mins) not really worth the price too me.

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
I like phenibut, I just can't stand the hang-over feelings the next day!

I love Kratom, it's smooth and it helps me relax. The one thing that I noticed it and I know it's not a fluke, is that if I'm really sore from working out, I don't notice the soreness at all while the kratom is "working".

I'm going to try Sceletium or "Kanna" here as soon as I get it. I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
would ergopharms Psychotropin be better than just plain phenibut?

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How much are you guys dosing Phenibut? I've been using 1fast's bulk powder and dosing at about 2.5 grams. Not too much effect for me.

Suggestions?

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Is there anything better thats legal, for having a sense of well being?

"sense of well being" can have different definitions. What is it exactly that you are going for?

Phenibut, for me, doesn't give a "buzz" but rather just removes any anxiety. I only take it when I feel anxious (or panicky). Within 90 minutes, the uneasy feeling goes away. That is all that I "feel" with it. I only dose it at 500mg - 1 gram and do not take it that often.

Others, however, are looking for a "buzz". They stack it with other ancillaries (MJ, E, alcohol, etc..). The effects vary but it seems that at first, their buzz is enhanced. Then they build an immunity and the effects subside. The danger of this is the let down if you take large amounts of Phenibut for any length of time and then stop. It seems that people fall into a "funk" or depression after extended use is halted.

Elizzard

Elizzard

Awards
I took too much the first time and had a great "buzz" effect, but the next day was horrible. Normally I wake up around 9-10 am, but this stuff had me sleeping until 3:00 in the afternoon. Not only did I sleep really late, but I totally could have slept for the rest of the day. Once I finally made it out of bed I was dizzzy and felt as thought I was going to throw up. Be very careful and start your dosages low.

"sense of well being" can have different definitions. What is it exactly that you are going for?

Phenibut, for me, doesn't give a "buzz" but rather just removes any anxiety. I only take it when I feel anxious (or panicky). Within 90 minutes, the uneasy feeling goes away. That is all that I "feel" with it. I only dose it at 500mg - 1 gram and do not take it that often.

Others, however, are looking for a "buzz". They stack it with other ancillaries (MJ, E, alcohol, etc..). The effects vary but it seems that at first, their buzz is enhanced. Then they build an immunity and the effects subside. The danger of this is the let down if you take large amounts of Phenibut for any length of time and then stop. It seems that people fall into a "funk" or depression after extended use is halted.

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
I took too much the first time and had a great "buzz" effect, but the next day was horrible. Normally I wake up around 9-10 am, but this stuff had me sleeping until 3:00 in the afternoon. Not only did I sleep really late, but I totally could have slept for the rest of the day. Once I finally made it out of bed I was dizzzy and felt as thought I was going to throw up. Be very careful and start your dosages low.
That is exactly what happens to me! I don't like to sleep in, but the next day this stuff makes me feel mentally fatigued. This stuff is not to be played around with, so I agree with Elizzard, be careful and start low.

There is a line that you don't want to cross, dosage wise that is. While using Kratom I decided to see if 6 grams would be better than 4grams. Let me tell you, the answer was a resounding NO! So, no more experimenting with higher dosages for me!

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You forgot to mention how you got drunk off of 1 shot.

Man that night was fun :)

Cosmo

Awards
Best night ever when I got drunk with about 8 grams of phenibut proceeded by the worst hangover of my life, two days of stumbling and feeling like wet donkey asshole.

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
would chaser or some dmae powder help with the next day hangover?

murphman

Awards
For me anything over 3 grams will give me a slight buzz. I find that if you are looking for a euphoric buzz the following protocol works well. 2 grams Phenibut, wait two hours then take 2 more grams, wait 1-2 hours and drink 3 beers...........then feel the warmth! :)

I also like to use Phenibut when cycling Clen or ECA. It really help you sleep.

Redeemer

Awards
Can anyone ex[and on the Kratom? I have quite a bit but have not yet tried it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive done it about seven times. give or take...I have fifty grams of it but dont use it only under extreme stress or withdrawal. Studies show on pubmed or somewhere that its great for withdrawal symptoms on cocaine and other drugs. So i figure I can use it for any withdrawal symptom. No I dotn do coke or any illegal drug.

Heres a few ways to take it and be effective

on an empty stomach, this is key, a small 300-600 dose

a gram dose if you really want the effects zoom

...Mixing this and gaba is effective for sleep. I have never met anything that is effective as phenibut for what your talking about.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try 1 gram of phenibut and 1 teaspoon of bulk powerful before bed for a great nights sleep. I've been sick lately, so I have been saving it for when I get better. When I was taking these two together before bed it makes for a wonderful feeling of well being before sleep and you will sleep deep and wake up refreshed and ready for the day. Just make sure you take it 2 hours before bed and make sure you have 12 hours before you have to do anything the next day, thats how long phenibut will effect you. If 2.5 grams of phenibut doesn't work for you than you are out of luck in my opinion though...Too much phenibut will make you feel dizzy and sick. Don't go over 1 gram.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone ex[and on the Kratom? I have quite a bit but have not yet tried it.
Kratom is great...but I wouldn't compare it to phenibut in effects. The kratom buzz is much more pronounced than that of pheni, but much shorter acting. It's great for pain reduction/relaxation due to its effects as an opioid receptor agonist.

eagleba

Awards
Thanks. I did a little research and I may have to add this to the already overflowing cabinet of supplements that is beginning to irritate my wife. :thumbsup:

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I did a little research and I may have to add this to the already overflowing cabinet of supplements that is beginning to irritate my wife. :thumbsup:
LOL, your welcome to join the LONG list of us on here that have irriated our wives by stealing a cupboard or two...:lol:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Rhodiola Rosea is more subtle, but definitely helps alleviate stress.

FYI777

Awards
When I have to do physical labor kratom helps,seems to make it less of a pain in the a**. Like to use it before working out also,but don't use more than twice a week,tolerance sets in rapidly and withdrawal also.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
ibe nerobalance is great it knocks me out but i wake up dizzy as **** the next day and i can sleep for like 15 hrs on it

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
Is Kratom legal?
as of now....yes...lets keep it to responsible use to not give the gov anymore reason to 'protect us from ourselves'

phenibut is lovely stuff.i suppose it depends on ones personal chemistry.but as one that tends to be gaba deficient and just loves gaba based substances.its fantastic 500mg-1g during the day makes for a great day.
but 1.5-2g in the afternoon then again a couple hours later makes for a hellluva night!a few brews and there ya go!definately nice as u can get a good synergy with alcohol where u get a nice buzz but less body load from the alcohol.plus,somehow..hard to explain,but at least for me.it somehow intensifies the buzz while at the same time making it more...managable and not quite as '****ed up'

the company that solves the tolerance issue will be very very very rich..........and make me and many others very very very happy!

ps-smeton yeah....in your avi u look like a jacked steve-o :)

nootropolis

nootropolis

Awards
I've taken both ergopharm's psychotopin and MRM's relax-all, both require a 1.5 dose to get desired effects and i supped extra choline to study on the psych. the MRM is pretty good and there was time after intense work outs where i'd double dose and feel like i was drifting

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i was looking at a post i made on this thread 2 years ago and PHENIBUT IS STILL THE UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP!! yes i've been using it that long at least and this thread is the 1st documented piece that shows how long i've been on. DON'T BE ALARMED you will develop a quick tolerance to it for about the 1st month or so then you will be at that dose for as long as you want to use it. i use 5-6 grams at night and get a nice effect from it-helps me sleep and helped me overcome social phobia as well w/ effexor. ALSO STOPPED PHENIBUT FOR 9-10 MONTHS w/ no problems. no bad benzo withdraw nothing at all and i heard benzo w/d can feel like the world ending. GREAT STUFF!!

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
How is the taste of phenibut in bulk? Is it tolerable or does it make one gag?

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
How about something that gives a nice buzz a la Renewtrient, GBL, etc.?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
phenibut is pretty good stuff. i can do about 3g and feel fine the next day.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I dont seem to have tolerance issues with Phenibut, however I find its most useful is lower dosages. For sleep, I combine 400mg Phenibut with 500mg GABA, 3mg melatonin and Im down for the count. For a mood booster during the workday, 200mg Phenibut seems to be very effective.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
I dont seem to have tolerance issues with Phenibut, however I find its most useful is lower dosages. For sleep, I combine 400mg Phenibut with 500mg GABA, 3mg melatonin and Im down for the count. For a mood booster during the workday, 200mg Phenibut seems to be very effective.
Do you find that you get any kind of buzz from it? I'm not interested in the sleep aspects of it - I'm looking for a buzz (kind of an alcohol replacement I guess). Renewtrient was absolutely amazing for me and I've been trying to replicate its effects ever since it was banned. I'm only interested in legal alternatives too.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
As for a person that did GABA for two years strait.. Dont do Gaba or Phenibut before bedtime, it inhibits Melatonin.

Melatonin alters sperm quality - Mind and Muscle Forums
That study seems awfully inconclusive...although some of the science behind it makes sense. Many things can lead to reduced sperm quality and on a study with such a small group I'd think it would be hard to pinpoint melatonin as being the sole culprit there.

The recommendation that <1mg doses are ideal is interesting though. Perhaps *too much* melatonin is the problem...

BV

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
That study seems awfully inconclusive...although some of the science behind it makes sense. Many things can lead to reduced sperm quality and on a study with such a small group I'd think it would be hard to pinpoint melatonin as being the sole culprit there.

The recommendation that <1mg doses are ideal is interesting though. Perhaps *too much* melatonin is the problem...

BV
I've found that small doses of melatonin (.25 mg) to be most effective personally. Enough to tip the balance but not so much that I'm drugging myself into sleep.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've found that small doses of melatonin (.25 mg) to be most effective personally. Enough to tip the balance but not so much that I'm drugging myself into sleep.
You do your research yeahright or you have experience... yes a very low dose is ok but anything higher like 3 mgs research say it isnt healthy. I beleive it's 200 mcg's.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

BV

Thats what the research came up with 200 mcg's.

Gaba , phenibut and taurine inhibit Mel. so its best not to take them before bed. Its in the thread posted.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established

Gaba , phenibut and taurine inhibit Mel. so its best not to take them before bed. Its in the thread posted.
Why not Taurine? I ask because I just bought a kilo of it because of its cheapness. Is Taurine related to GABA?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established

Yes, but so does flipping on the bathroom light when you wake up in the middle of the night to go take a leak...how much though Im not sure.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im not sure either but whejn I heard this I stopped taurine before bed.

other people over at M and M have said they expirence greater sleep. It might have only been one person..its in that thread I posted, I think

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
LOL, your welcome to join the LONG list of us on here that have irriated our wives by stealing a cupboard or two...:lol:
Now that crap is funny, I thought it was just me.:drunk:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
Supplements 7